8.5
Fabulous 753 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 753 Total Reviews
Roots and Boots Hostel Located at Rua Campo do Cruceiro do Gaio,7, , Santiago de Compostela.
Spain
Santiago de Compostela 15705 Rua Campo do Cruceiro do Gaio,7
85% 753
42.8798008 -8.5500669
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 41+
23rd Sep 2016

Fantastic location easy access to the Catherdral and the old town and the new shops.....

20th Sep 2016
4.6

We were extremely disappointed with this hostel! Check in is at noon and we arrived at 1:30pm apparently disturbing their lunch as we were rudely welcome! The gentlemen was very rude, impassioned, not helpful at all and made you feel like you were disturbing him at every moment! His wife was a bit better but not by much! It seemed like they really didn't enjoyed being "host" of the hostel! Never were given the tour or explained where anything was, we had to ask or figure it out for ourself!

17th Sep 2016
7.1

It is popular, nice old house, and close to the cathedral. but: The bedding is a weird and uncomfortable, I guess it is a throw away material? The guy wanted to charge my card in my countrys currency and not Euro ( Dynamic currency conversion (DCC). This is disadvantageous for you, but the hostel might get commission for doing this, so I decided just to stay one night. I did argue and said it would be more honest to say that they want the comission for themselves. Pay in cash!!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

Great hostel. Garden was lovely. It was a bit weird staying here not being a pilgrim but I think that would happen everywhere in Santiago. Easy to make friends, would recommend.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

I stay in this hostel for three days, i think thet the place is very beutifull and clean. There is a garden inside very comfortable where you can know all peolple that stay in the hostel. The staff is very nice and give you a lot of attention. The only proble is that you don't visit santiago because is so comfortable that you prefer stay all day in the hostel.

1st Sep 2016
6.9

Funny place tbh. Perfect for a Spanish speaking Camino walker. If not, then its just ok. Compared to hostels down in Portugal, it's a bit poor. + Location, showers, garden, living room - no breakfast, small rooms, irritable/clueless staff.

• DiegoCipolla
  • Argentina, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
7.1

I ha the worst of luck, having to stay with an entire family the first day, who woke up at 6am doing tremendous noise, and two very unhygienic, noisy, and disrespectful guests on my last. The hostel has nothing to do with that, but nonetheless I had to say this as the hostel is quite small, and nice. Needs more bathrooms though.

• Italy, All Male Group, 25-30
27th Aug 2016
8.0

Nice backyard and the guy is very friendly, he charged me only one laundry even though I did two!

22nd Aug 2016
7.7

This is the end of the road hostel for the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage. For that reason, It had a very different feel from all the other hostels we stayed at. Overall I enjoyed the stay. The only complaint: sensor lights in the hallway were a bit annoying. We were trying to pack our bags in the hallway to avoid disturbing people in our room and it was nearly impossible with the lights going off every ten seconds.

• Northern Ireland, Couple, 25-30
17th Aug 2016

Great hostel will defintely use it again :)