Roots and Boots Hostel Reviews

Rua Campo do Cruceiro do Gaio,7, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

All doors are unlock (you don't have a key for your room and you don't habe a locker, so anyone can come in and take your stuff). They say linen inckuded, but it false, it's just a paper-plastic rapper to but on too and protect the bed... it really wasn't the best place... but for one night bakpacking it can work... but I wouldn't stay longer if I were you...

This place was absolutely immaculate and the staff was super friendly and helpful. I wish the wifi signal reached the upper levels and that the transept windows above the doors were shaded, as the hall lights made it difficult to stay asleep. Otherwise, this was a great experience.

• 26th Oct 2014

We had an amazing time in Santiago, partly also due to the extremely nice staff at the hostel. We thank them for all their help, recommendations and for taking very good care of us and making us feel like home during our stay. We especially appreciate that being 5 we still could have a 6 person room to our selves so that we could lock the door and not have to worry about our instruments during the daytime. We hope some day to be able to go back for a visit.

The food they sold was yummy. I wish they had supplied nicer sheets, if you go you should bring a sheet/sleeping bag. Located next to a beautiful park. Walking distance to the cathedral and old town.

Good location, nice people over there. Very good experience in the hostel, and good sleep too with clean sheets. We recommand

Amazing position, really close to the city center and just 20 meters from a nice park. Atmosphere it's overall really nice and the garden of hostel is lovely.

• 22nd Aug 2014

I had a one night experience. Very good by the way. Good atmosphere, with an open garden and a bar to stay outside. The showers could have a little bit more space and a place to put the clothes and the shampoo, but there are always solutions... For the rest, 5*.

Great place to celebrate the end of our Camino, full facilities and a really nice atmosphere. Recommended.

No real sheets, like kind of plastic cover... not really my cup of tea. Happily they provided warm blankets to cover yourself up. Top location, but for the rest nothing of the other world. My room hadn't a window for fresh air, but gave to a hallway towards to showers... quite noisy in morning time.

Very quaint and an oasis from the bustling city. Lovely relaxing gardens to chill in loved it. Thank You

Friendly staff, comfy beds and great social area.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug,Bedbug...................terrible.

Really nice location and amazingly friendly staff. Even though i found the place relativeley expensive. Make sure u bring your sleeping bag with u, cause they do not provide bedsheets. All in all more a pilgrim place than a backpackers place.

Kitchen needs to be redone, more automatic lighting needed. Staff needs time off too stressed out. Overall good value for money.

Good hostel, only really bad thing was that there were fleas (that's my guess) in my bed one night so I was full of bites on my arms and neck the next days (after I had the sheets changed, I didn't get more bites). As I already knew from the reviews, there weren't really bed sheets, just some paper/plastic coverings and a blanket.

The amenities were good, the staff was nice to us although their English was a bit poor :P Not enough bathrooms per people though...

View all Santiago de Compostela Hostels