Roots and Boots Hostel Reviews

Rua Campo do Cruceiro do Gaio,7, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

I had decent expectations for this hostel based on the reviews - however, once I arrived I realized that the reviews must have been written by teens who wanted to party. The mattresses in the bunks are the cheap foam and are falling apart, and the bunks are the old peeling metal type and are jam packed. My friends found feces on the bathroom floor. When I asked for a refund so I could stay somewhere else I was treated rudely and never reimbursed. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• 24th Jul 2015

when you arrive late it is not so nice that there is no one to ask anything, reception closes at 22. a bit noisy rooms, but apart from that pleasant and nice garden.

Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

LOVED this place. Place is an easy walk from city center and it has a great patio area with lots of trees and plants where everyone eats and drinks together. The atmosphere is great, and the staff is super friendly and knowlegable. Pretty quiet at nighttime but you can sit outside and have a drink if ya fancy.

I really enjoyed my stay at Roots & Boots hostel: had to finish a deadline and the lovely garden was the best place to do so. GRACIAS!

• 20th Jun 2015

A nice place to stay after time on the Camino as it's pretty close to the cathedral (albeit across a few congested streets) and has a large garden area for gathering with fellow pilgrims or other guests. It's also convenient that they have a little restaurant inside. No locks on room doors, but there are small lockers available and the front door code changes each day. Pretty simple accommodations with small showers and WC's, but it did the job!

Felt decently clean for being a pilgrim's hostel. Excellent location and just overall a cute little hostel with great kitchen facilities and an adorable patio. The staff were really great and there was a decent atmosphere in the common room. I'd stay here again.

The hostel's backyard is a great place to meet people and enjoy the sunshine. The hotel has snacks for sale, which was useful since there weren't many stores or supermarkets around. Their lentils were great and so was their coffee, but you could probably get a better breakfast deal somewhere around the city. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were spacious, bright and ventilated. Cons: Late check-in, no lockers, very strange bed sheets (and only a bottom one), and very crappy wi-fi!

To many beds for the facilities. I probably would not stay here again because of that. The people in charge are great. The location is good. Just not enough room in the sleeping areas and tough to coordinate bathroom use.

• 16th May 2015

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel which I can highly recommend :D The beds are comfortable and the staff is very nice and uncomplicated. They knew good suggestions for all my questions and were very helpful. In the morning you can get breakfast and they also have other snacks which can be bought during the day. The location is very near to the Cathedral (about 5-10 min walking) and a beautiful park. The hostel also has a small garden where you can chill in the sun.

I have nothing negative to say about Roots and Boots. I enjoyed my stay very much. Thanks,

• 18th Apr 2015