Roots and Boots Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 857 Total Reviews

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
19th May 2017

Great location! I could see the top of the cathedral from my bed and walk 1 minute to the Alameda park. Great backyard space for chatting and lounging. On the second floor there were only 2 bathrooms but the wait was never long. The internet was bad in some areas of the hostel but definitely use-able. Great affordable food and wine at the hostel as well. Firm and comfy mattresses. Great staff including that we were able to arrive after midnight and got in with the code no problem. Very happy!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017

Great stay - I arrived at midnight which I was a bit nervous about, but they'd sent me clear messages with instructions, left a note on the door and a note in my bed, so it was all very easy! Facilities were clean, bathrooms downstairs were nice and big, and the staff were friendly. Easy comfortable stay, and just a short walk from the cathedral.

3rd May 2017

Stayed there after walking one of the Camino routes. Good place to transition.

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
30th Apr 2017

Absolutely great place, close to the old part of the city, the cathedral and the main touristic attactions in Santiago de compostela. The staff was really friendly and helpful ante the whole place has a great atmosphere. I surely recommend it to any baclpacker or traveler in santiago.

24th Apr 2017

The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. Although it was April, the weather was cold and windy and the hostel inside was also cold in places, such as bedroom. No lamps by beds and plugs only by a few beds. Lockers are down the hall and only big enough for valuables like laptops or small bag. Atmosphere was ok but externally Christian due to all the pilgrims. Was ok, would probably stay again but wouldn't want to find myself in Santiago de C again.

21st Apr 2017

This place is GREAT! The staff seemed to be family based and they were helpful and sweet everyday. They also have amazing food which is made in house as well. I would definitely come here again, especially if I decide to walk El Camino!

15th Apr 2017

Excellent hostel within walking distance to the cathedral and the center of town (you could even see the cathedral from my room)! Staff was very attentive and helpful. I informed them that I would be coming into Santiago past the check in time, they gave me everything I needed to enter without hassle. No free breakfast but they have some items to buy that are cheaper than in town. Only slight complaint was that the bathrooms and showers weren't separated by gender.

• Spain, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Very comfy, good location and nice food.

13th Apr 2017

Although we only stayed for one night at this hostel, my friend and I really enjoyed it. Our bus to Santiago was running late and the staff graciously allowed us to enter after the official check-in time. The rooms and clean and the location is great.

3rd Apr 2017

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel! Everything was kept clean and we loved the courtyard space. We were concerned that there was no place to securely store luggage as there were only small lockers for valuables available, however had no issue with theft or snooping as far as we were aware. Additionally, since reception hours are 9-9 it can be inconvenient for ppl with early travel (nobody to return lock deposit) however is still reasonable. Overall we had a very nice stay and would recommend it!