Rucksack Inn @ Lavender Street Reviews

280 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

The common room is often full of staff members or their family during the day. Their pod dorms are pretty nice, with curtains. Their regular dorm is a bit shabby and has an overwhelming smell of citronella. I wasn't impressed with some members of the staff. Someone accidentally gave me a better price and cheap upgrade, but the next night, they demanded more money. After threatening to leave, they let me stay in the same room. Very awkward after that.

Rucksack Inn is a great hostel. The staff are lovely and friendly. When I arrived Alina took me through the tourist map and told me all the best places to visit so I could plan my days. They offered discount on main attractions at the time of my stay. Need to take MRT to main places/ attractions which is average $1.70 one way (Singapore dollars). I enjoyed my stay here hi to Rahma and Alvin too!! :0)

On my first night, they put me on the top bunk, which I do not like, because at night I have to go to the bathroom often, I was afraid to fall and hurt myself. The next day I requested the bottom bed, a little better. The staff are helpful, but I will not stay in a hostel again, not what I expected.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

A very nice hostel & staff.......good air conditioning, fast internet, and breakfast. I really liked the beds with the curtains, a nice touch.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very nice Hostel, the staff was very helpful and friendly, the toilet and shower were always cean and I met a lot of friendly people. I liked especially that "breakfast" (toast and marmelade)) were available all day long ;)

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Excellent excellent hostel. Facilities are luxury and brand new. Staff (especially Elena!) takes time to answer all questions and provide great local tips. The only thing I would ding this hostel on is location; I disagree with the higher location rating given on hostelworld. It is about 700m from an MRT station. I think a more central location could be chinatown. This all said, this hostel is the best value given price, quality, and facilities in the city. Definitely book here!

I had a great stay at Rucksack Inn Lavender St. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms and facilities were clean. The common area was comfortable and a good place to chill out, dine and make friends.

• 14th Jul 2014

A comfortable place to stay in while in Singapore with friendly hosts and guests. No problem faced. Gina from Rucksack Inn was kind enough to allow me to change my reservation at the last minute without prior notice. Appreciate that very much.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I've stayed in many hostels and this is by far the best hostel in Singapore. It has the most friendliest and helpful staff, an amazing living area with a comfortable couch, free breakfast and international plug next to the beds. I couldn't recommend this place higher and you will truly enjoy your stay here.

• 10th Jul 2014

Would be nice to have an outside balcony or bar, but staff were very nice. Hostel was a bit of a walk away from the centre, but it was good because surrounding shops were very cheap - especially food