Rucksack Inn @ Lavender Street Reviews

280 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Poor breakfast. There should be fruit and better bread (whole wheat).

• 4th Nov 2015

Good location, about a 5-10 minute walk from the Boon Keng MRT station. The facilities were very good, clean spacious living space, and the bathroom/shower area was very nice. The beds in the girls dorm all had curtains which was great for privacy, as well as a light and outlet. It was a little unexpected that there was no key to the room, so you could not lock the door. But you can rent a locker in the room, so I was able to secure my things. Overall, a very good experience!

Had a 4-night stay instead of the initial 1-night booking. Very nice stay, staff friendly and helpful, ultra clean place! Having only 2 showers might be a bit of a struggle though, when there are a lot of guests.

• 8th Sep 2015

I stayed in the mixed dormitory with the railway type bunk beds. There was privacy even though it was mixed and the cooling system was good.

The Travelers WiFi was nice and convenient to have! I really like the design of the hostel and the bathrooms were clean and modern but very few for so many people. I wasn't sure how many beds were capsule style, so I was really hoping I would not end up in one of them when I came but unfortunately I did. I also didn't realize just how far it would be from stores. I was unaware that I had to lock my towels and stuff up, otherwise they would be taken by the hostel and thrown in with their towels.

Nice neighborhood. The hostel is not bad. The shower room is great. The only problem is the space for the luggage is too small. So you have to leave your luggage at the aisle in your room.