Rucksack Inn @ Lavender Street Reviews

280 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

We stayed here for 3 nights as a stop off before Australia I was expecting basic but I was pleasantly surprised this hostel was the best I have stayed in by far. The staff are lovely very friendly and helpful we wasn't aware of location and the lovely lady on reception gave us some useful information that helped our stay be the best it could be. The hostel was very clean and tidy the facilities were fantastic. Free toast/cereal and coffee and tea. Very happy with the stay thankyou rucksack inn.

There is no one at reception after 11pm. The room stinks of lemon pledge, and they leave a candle burning in the room, its not a very social atmosphere, but on the bright side the beds were incredibly compfy!

Location is not as expected, quite far from train station and there is no food store nearby the hostel.

I had a great stay at Rucksack! The beds were comfortable, staff was nice and it was clean. I loved the showers!!

Poor breakfast. There should be fruit and better bread (whole wheat).

• 4th Nov 2015

Good location, about a 5-10 minute walk from the Boon Keng MRT station. The facilities were very good, clean spacious living space, and the bathroom/shower area was very nice. The beds in the girls dorm all had curtains which was great for privacy, as well as a light and outlet. It was a little unexpected that there was no key to the room, so you could not lock the door. But you can rent a locker in the room, so I was able to secure my things. Overall, a very good experience!

Had a 4-night stay instead of the initial 1-night booking. Very nice stay, staff friendly and helpful, ultra clean place! Having only 2 showers might be a bit of a struggle though, when there are a lot of guests.

I stayed in the mixed dormitory with the railway type bunk beds. There was privacy even though it was mixed and the cooling system was good.