Samay Wasi Youth Hostels-Cusco Reviews

Calle Atoqsaycuchi No.416 San Blas, Cusco, Peru

This hostel is absolutely amazing!!! I would definitely stay here again!

I loved the view from the terasse over the whole city. I liked that the hostel was located in San Blas, the quarter which I liked the most in Cusco and enjoyed the walk from the city center to the hostel through narrow, pretty streets, which took about 10 minutes. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was just basic, but yummy additionals (like juices or eggs) could be ordered for extra money.

Our hostel room was freezing due to lack of proper insulation in the hostel rooms. I was put on the top bunk that was right in the peak of the roof, and the roof was not even a proper roof. It was a piece of plastic separating my face from the freezing cold night air. The bathrooms are very cold and sparse. I would not recommend the 6-bed dorm during winter. Beautiful views. Breakfast is only bread and coffee, eggs are extra. Very friendly staff.

I am really glad we stayed at samay wasi. Yes, it is up a big hill but the view is so stunning. It is a small, quiet hostel with very accommodating staff. We stayed 4 nights total. Originally on the 1st floor, we had a small problem w our room and asked to be moved upstairs and they were very flexible w us. Ask for a room on the 2nd floor! I wish I had known to do that in advance. Free airport pickup. Hot water was sometimes an issue, but overall, highly recommend.

Hostel was hard to find for someone new to the area! Staff apologized and were amazing our whole stay!!

Great place! Stunning views, friendly staff, nice breakfast and nice hot showers!