San Juan International Hostel Reviews

1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Great experience - clean, tidy, and quiet enough for a good night's sleep! Sr. Fransisco was most accommodating.

• 7th May 2015

Loved our stay, Francisco was so nice and kept in contact with us the week of, and refunded one night for us since our flight was delayed. Your 10 min away from the freeway that leads straight to San Juan. Very nice hostel feel.

I really enjoyed my stay at San Juan International Hostel and Francisco is a very welcoming and helpful person. Thanks a lot for picking me up and taking me to the hostel :)!

The place is a firetrap. I left after one night of a two night stay and cancelled two other nights I had planned to stay.

This guest; (carrying a bycicle), booked for the bunk tiny private room. We offer information about our private rooms dimensions; some people just doesnt take time to read for the correct decision making.

Great place to stay if your passing through

So thankful for the staff here. What a great experience with great people. They treat you right here

• 8th Mar 2015

I loved SJIHostel immensely. I stayed in two hostels during my stay in San Juan and they both had their own advantages. The thing about this hostel is that it is not in the most idealist of locations. Unlike the other hostels in Old San Juan, this one is in Condado which is not a tourist place at all. Even though it's not in a touristy area, I loved the people I met. The people staying here were actually from all over the world, were very friendly and generally were more fun to be around.

• 5th Mar 2015

The staff is very very nice and supportive!

• 11th Feb 2015

Francisco is very nice & knowledgeable of the area! Helpful maps/ info on the walls-- fun tradition of signing porch wall. Beds comfortable, screens on windows & ceiling fan good, company was nice or kept to themselves. Close to walmart! Bathrooms were a little small/ a little unclean, manageable with shower shoes or just an open mind. Little cockroaches in the kitchen & bedroom a definite drawback. Neighborhood had lots of window bars. Many attributes of an excellent average hostel.

This is the most laid back hostel in San Juan and Francisco (the owner) is the most friendly and helpful staff I have met so far!

• 1st Jan 2015

I felt isolated in there. Buses route/schedule aren't on google, and in the 95F (winter) weather, there's no way I was gonna be at the bus stop for undetermined amount of time. The door's room doesn't lock, and there's no staff there at night. Guests were very loud (playing guitar)at 3am and we were afraid to say anything.  The area isn't so nice. The route to Walmart is pretty shady. (Factories, empty lands, homeless). Guess if u aren't alone, it wouldn't be so bad. Def not for solo travelers.

• 24th Dec 2014

I found this hostel to be quite a welcoming place. The hostel facilities are good too, and it added to a relaxing atmosphere.

Located at a residential neighborhood, 20-30 mins walk to the main beach, 10 mins walk to the bus station to old San Juan. Facilities could be better. Living room and balcony are good places to chill and meet other travelers. Had a good stay!

Francisco is really friendly and shows you around and tells you how to get everywhere and introduces you to everyone! Excelent staff! Not a great place to go as a backpacker but that's because of the city.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Never ever go here. This is my worst hostel experience in years. The man who owns it actually kicked me out of the hostel simply for showing up before check in time which is 3 pm.....

The hostel itself was a very safe and nice place. The owner was very helpful and this was the only hostel in San Juan that had proper hostel adornments - lots and lots of info all over the walls. The area is alright, certainly not as good as Posada SF, but not as sketchy as The Palace. So, it's a great alternative to Posada if it's booked or your budget is on the lower end. The only other things was they really need to get ACTUAL doors on the dorm rooms - screen doors are just not acceptable.

• 15th Dec 2014

the staff of the hostel is great. He is warmhearted and friendly. I met lots of new friends there. We can hang out for dinner together and change tour thinking. It is great.

Great staff. Slight distance from Old San Juan but well within walking distance to the bus stop which cost less than $2 and within walking distance to the beaches.

It is cheap, so do not expect too much. But it is fair safe and the host is friendly and easy-going. If you are looking for a cheap but safe place, you can try to stay there.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • China

It was really nice to stay there. The staffs were really nice and friendly. The first day I arrived there, I was totally lost and I was trying to find the way to get there. I finally called the hostel just to ask the direction to get to the hostel but the staff who picked up the phone said "You're not that far from the hostel. Don't worry! I'll go pick you up." I really appreciated what he did to me. That's a very kind and sweet of you. Thank you so much. :)