San Juan International Hostel Reviews

1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan, Puerto Rico

This was not a hip and happenin' hostel when I was here (like Posada), but it was nice and chill and calming. The dorm was good, facilities were great. Walmart and Walgreens not too far away. This is the place to be if you just wanna chill in a local neighbourhood. Now that I've been to Old San Juan once, I'll be staying here on future visits.

So long as you follow the hostel's policies on check-in times, the close-down period for cleaning, baggage charges for left behind bags and STRICTLY NO VISITORS (even if you yourself were a guest at the hostel), you will enjoy this place.

Really a great experience, thank you! Patio is really fun and allows for social connections. We really liked the quotes and such written on the walls.

• 13th Jan 2016

Fransisco was very accommodating and made our short stay a great pleasure. He had a great recommendation for dinner. We'll definitely be back!

This was clean and safe hostel, which is all you really need. It has a quiet, residential atmosphere which is good for sleeping, not for partying. The bus to old San Juan is very easy to take. The neighborhood surrounding the hostel is a bit sketchy at night and kind of dead but it is also close to the Placita de santurce, which is an awesome and fun convenience.

This is my second time staying at San Juan International Hostel. It is still a great location with effective and helpful staff. It was just one night, but always finding great hostel members to hang with. Glad I chose it as my last night in San Juan.

• 29th Dec 2015

No AC , very hot. Advertised free breakfast ; there was none. If you have.

Got everything we were expecting from a hostel with a private room. Superb experience. Thankyou!

• 4th Dec 2015

Great location

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Francisco is a really friendly person. Both check in and check-out was really quick smooth.

I stayed at this hostel just for one night, laying over for a flight the next day. It's proximity to the airport and Javier's excellent service was great - the hostel is in a quiet neighbourhood and super close to the beach. A great place to spend a day or two near both historic San Juan and the airport.

The bathroom and kitchen were older and could use some remodeling. Also, it wasn't very clear that the room with the $14 beds didn't have air conditioning and the rooms with $18 beds had air conditioning. If I had known that, I would have gone with the $18 beds from the beginning. It's a good thing those rooms were available and we could upgrade when we checked in! We heard that the room without A/C was very stuffy that night. I don't think that room got a lot of breeze from outside.

• 23rd Aug 2015