8.8
Fabulous 382 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 382 Total Reviews
San Juan International Hostel Located at 1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan.
Puerto Rico

• sadymaq
  • USA, Male, 25-30
25th Nov 2016
2.0

By far the WORST experience ever ; now I'm not one to leave bad reviews But this one a must . The neighborhood is sketchy , the staff was very rude and nasty . I asked a simple question the day of my arrival and got kicked off the property immediately and threaten to get the cops called on me YET all communication was done via whatsapp. They never showed up to the door nor the window . They kept my money and didn't even have an ounce of humanity . So I would definitely look passed this hostel.

• Austria, Male, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016

Hostel has a very familiar atmosphere. Francisco is one of the the nicest and most helpful hosts I've ever met. Overall a great experience.

• Estonia, Female, 31-40
12th Nov 2016

Very nice and warm hostel. Owner is such an awesome person.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

I steyed there just for one night, becouse I had flight next day. Was amazing, very familiar atmosphere. Clean bed clothes, towels, beach towers, real Portorican strong coffee and pancake mix for breakfast, even free shampoo and shower gel. Great location, close to "San Juan party center" called La Placita. I hang out with people from the hostel to the beach. It's small but very friendly hostel and great, helpful stuff. Best regards for amazing owner Francisco. See you again!

5th Oct 2016

Loved staying here:) Francisco looks out for all his guests and is such a nice, intelligent man. He knows the area well and shows that good Puerto Rican care and hospitality. Greatly priced and is located in a true Puerto Rican neighborhood which is so wonderful, yet is also a short walk to the touristy places if that is more of what you are looking for. Gracias Host Dad!

• USA, Male, 18-24
30th Sep 2016

I stayed at this hostel during my first visit to Puerto Rico two years ago and had to return. The location is really amazing, because it's far enough removed from the touristic pandamonium without feeling too distant. There's easy access to transportation, bars, restaurants, clubs, and of course the beach. I'd definitely recommend this place to any traveler on a budget looking for a more tranquil, authentic experience in a cool area. ¡Puerto Rico todavía lo hace mejor!

• USA, Male, 31-40
25th Sep 2016

Francisco is the best

• Dominican Republic, Male, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

Great great location; clean, safe, nice staff. You can not beat it.

23rd Sep 2016
3.1

Bottom line, there was no lock on my door. Anyone could have walked into my "private room" while I was at my most vulnerable and defenseless state. I slept 2 hours that night because I was so paranoid that someone was going to come into my room through the see-through metal screen door. I didn't see another person during my stay (key was left in a private pickup/drop off location) which added to creepiness vibe. It's not clean, it's not safe. Skip it.

All our private rooms with private/locked entrance. Never ever one single robbery act on premises. This guest arrived at midnight to depart very early in the morning (still dark) as it was planned. We have no idea on how his/her conclusion about the hostel conditions; generally speaking most of our guests happy with the property/service.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

This place is fantastic. We had a private room and were able to relax but also socialize with other guests in the common area. The AC window unit worked fantastic and despite the roaring August heat, we slept very comfortably. The bathroom was very clean and the kitchen was accessible to us. Francisco was quick to respond and answered many of my questions during our stay. I felt very safe in San Juan during my entire trip and that was the case at this hostel too.