7.8
Very Good 370 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 370 Total Reviews
San Juan International Hostel Located at 1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan.
Puerto Rico

25th Sep 2016

Francisco is the best

• Dominican Republic, Male, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

Great great location; clean, safe, nice staff. You can not beat it.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016
3.1

Bottom line, there was no lock on my door. Anyone could have walked into my "private room" while I was at my most vulnerable and defenseless state. I slept 2 hours that night because I was so paranoid that someone was going to come into my room through the see-through metal screen door. I didn't see another person during my stay (key was left in a private pickup/drop off location) which added to creepiness vibe. It's not clean, it's not safe. Skip it.

All our private rooms with private/locked entrance. Never ever one single robbery act on premises. This guest arrived at midnight to depart very early in the morning (still dark) as it was planned. We have no idea on how his/her conclusion about the hostel conditions; generally speaking most of our guests happy with the property/service.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

This place is fantastic. We had a private room and were able to relax but also socialize with other guests in the common area. The AC window unit worked fantastic and despite the roaring August heat, we slept very comfortably. The bathroom was very clean and the kitchen was accessible to us. Francisco was quick to respond and answered many of my questions during our stay. I felt very safe in San Juan during my entire trip and that was the case at this hostel too.

10th Aug 2016

Very nice hostel located in the working class neighbourhood of Santurce. Relatively close to a Walmart and cheaper eats than what you get downtown. Communication to Old San Juan is good, it takes around 10-15 minutes on buses which depart very close to the hostel. Very quiet at night, very clean both in kitchens and bathrooms, and very friendly and helpful owner. A/C in most rooms which is a must. Overall very recommended.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
31st May 2016
6.6

The hostel is quite easy to find but the location is no good. Situated in a local neighborhood but you can find Walgreen and food with 10 minutes walk. The rooms and toilets are clean but a bit small especially for the mixed bed room. It would be crowded in high season. I went there in late May which is a low season so I was almost the only person who stayed there. Got a bit bored. The host and the staff are not bad.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
21st May 2016

I stayed at the SJIH for three nights in total. This hostel is great! The owner is very nice, and extremely helpful. If there is anything you wanna see, or know, about San Juan he will help you out. The hostel is in central San Juan. 30 minute walk to the nicest beaches, and 10 minutes from Restaurants, WalMart, and a Walgreens. It is a little ways from Old San Juan so you will need to bus it or have a car to get there. Overall I'd highly recommend!

1st May 2016

Really enjoyed this place!

• USA, Male, 41+
23rd Apr 2016
5.4

After ages of battling to find it, if the hood had a hood, this would be the location of the hostel. I didn't mind it as I've slept in worse but certainly not for the fearful traveler.

21st Apr 2016
4.3

Would be nice to have a permanently placed staff member. Not easy to get immediate help since no one actually works here full time. Not that close to Old San Juan (20 min bus ride, stop is about 5-8 min walk away). Neighborhood is a little sketchy. Didn't meet anyone else at the hostel...Seemed a bit dead. Maybe it's the wrong time of the year. Private room was unexpectedly tiny - pretty expensive for the price paid. Bathroom was so dark you could hardly see anything.