San Juan International Hostel Reviews

1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Francisco is a really friendly person. Both check in and check-out was really quick smooth.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I stayed at this hostel just for one night, laying over for a flight the next day. It's proximity to the airport and Javier's excellent service was great - the hostel is in a quiet neighbourhood and super close to the beach. A great place to spend a day or two near both historic San Juan and the airport.

The bathroom and kitchen were older and could use some remodeling. Also, it wasn't very clear that the room with the $14 beds didn't have air conditioning and the rooms with $18 beds had air conditioning. If I had known that, I would have gone with the $18 beds from the beginning. It's a good thing those rooms were available and we could upgrade when we checked in! We heard that the room without A/C was very stuffy that night. I don't think that room got a lot of breeze from outside.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Mr. Rivera was very kind and helpful. I was very pleased with the fresh clean linen for my bed and cleanliness of the facility. I felt safe and comfortable during my stay at San Juan International Hostel.

Accommodations are comfortable; I would recommend it to others. Francisco the owner was personable, attentive and gave me good recommendations as to sightseeing and dining.

I had an awful stay at the San Juan International hostel. I felt uncomfortable as a single female travelling as the doors did not lock to the bedrooms. It is supposed to be 24 hour service, but the owner leaves the property and does not answer his phone. Initially Francisco was friendly; however, this changed over a small misunderstanding. I felt very uncomfortable with this man. It wasn't clean but shut down every day 11-3 for "cleaning". I would never recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 20th Jul 2015

This guest misunderstanding was to pay on time. We were forced asking to leave premises. It doesnt happen very often but very few guests seem as not aware that this is a business not a social service office.

*Not a good location for a solo female traveler* (I have done a lot of travel alone - this was bad.) Have to walk through a very sketchy part of town in order to reach city central, including bus stops. Does not feel safe to be out alone at night. Apart from that, really lovely place to stay. Facilities are clean, welcoming, eclectic. Comfy beds, a/c in the night, balcony, common room, big fridge. Not a bug in sight. Francisco has contacts for kayaking, car rental, etc. and is very friendly.