San Juan International Hostel Reviews

1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan, Puerto Rico

*Not a good location for a solo female traveler* (I have done a lot of travel alone - this was bad.) Have to walk through a very sketchy part of town in order to reach city central, including bus stops. Does not feel safe to be out alone at night. Apart from that, really lovely place to stay. Facilities are clean, welcoming, eclectic. Comfy beds, a/c in the night, balcony, common room, big fridge. Not a bug in sight. Francisco has contacts for kayaking, car rental, etc. and is very friendly.

There can't be better for what you are paying. Very clean, super friendly and helpful owner. Location is in a residential area that is pretty quiet at night. 10~15 minute walk to the beach.

• 14th May 2015

Great experience - clean, tidy, and quiet enough for a good night's sleep! Sr. Fransisco was most accommodating.

• 7th May 2015

Loved our stay, Francisco was so nice and kept in contact with us the week of, and refunded one night for us since our flight was delayed. Your 10 min away from the freeway that leads straight to San Juan. Very nice hostel feel.

I really enjoyed my stay at San Juan International Hostel and Francisco is a very welcoming and helpful person. Thanks a lot for picking me up and taking me to the hostel :)!

The place is a firetrap. I left after one night of a two night stay and cancelled two other nights I had planned to stay.

This guest; (carrying a bycicle), booked for the bunk tiny private room. We offer information about our private rooms dimensions; some people just doesnt take time to read for the correct decision making.

Great place to stay if your passing through

So thankful for the staff here. What a great experience with great people. They treat you right here

• 8th Mar 2015

I loved SJIHostel immensely. I stayed in two hostels during my stay in San Juan and they both had their own advantages. The thing about this hostel is that it is not in the most idealist of locations. Unlike the other hostels in Old San Juan, this one is in Condado which is not a tourist place at all. Even though it's not in a touristy area, I loved the people I met. The people staying here were actually from all over the world, were very friendly and generally were more fun to be around.

• 5th Mar 2015

The staff is very very nice and supportive!

• 11th Feb 2015

Francisco is very nice & knowledgeable of the area! Helpful maps/ info on the walls-- fun tradition of signing porch wall. Beds comfortable, screens on windows & ceiling fan good, company was nice or kept to themselves. Close to walmart! Bathrooms were a little small/ a little unclean, manageable with shower shoes or just an open mind. Little cockroaches in the kitchen & bedroom a definite drawback. Neighborhood had lots of window bars. Many attributes of an excellent average hostel.