San Juan International Hostel Reviews

1452 Calle America Parada 20, Urb. Hipodromo, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Its not an easy place to find, not even the taxi knew where it was. When i was there, there were only 6 people staying so atmosphere is hard to judge but i did get a room all to myself.

• 18th Jul 2014

Nice little hostel

I travel to P.R.6 times a year to see my daughter i have stayed @ many different hostels that being said ,,San Juan international hostel is the worst hostel in P.R. located near highway over pass & A hospital parking lot IN AN OLD DIRTY STREET in a vary BAD area ,,sign are posted IN THE HOSTEL BY OWNER go to jail if seen smoking pot, also charged me 4 dollars more for air condition ,that he owner enters the room when your sleeping & turns it off in the morning

• 21st May 2014
  • jchicago
  • Palestine

This guest tried to stay at an A/C dorm (having a reservation for a NON A/C one) - without paying the difference - and it was not allowed to do so. Our air conditioning units operates through automatic timers so there's no need to enter the rooms to turn on or off the A/C units (A/C service provided from 07pm to 09am). Our premises are located in a very secure area near hospitals, restaurants and other amenities. At SJIHostel we enforce a zero tolerance policy for illegal drugs.

This is the best in San Juan. Safe streets in a family neighborhood. Lockers big enough for a backpack. Balcony porch with a million graffiti to read. Owner Francisco is full of info and gives a good orientation. Maps and bus schedules etc on the walls. Free bath and beach towels. Free local calls phone. Professional cleaners come in. Four electric outlets per bunk. Wooden bunks that don't squeek or sway or clang. Big common room with house laptop and TV. Fun group when I was there.

Had a great time staying at SJI Hostel. The staff was nice, the facilities were good. Could've been a little cleaner, but overall great hostel!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Pakistan

Really loved the atmosphere! It felt like a home. The place was exceptionally clean, too--the sheets smelled great! The private rooms are a little small, and there is only one bathroom in the general section (there's another in the male dorm), so that can be an issue when the hostel is full.

I thought the staff was very nice and friendly. Stores were close to walk to.

• 15th Feb 2014

At first the staff seemed very nice, but then he didn't explain the payment process very well and there was a misunderstanding about when you have to pay. I began receiving text message threats that my belongings were going to be thrown out and my room would be blocked. Also that I was treating him unfairly. I was forced to cut my dinner short so I could take care of the situation and resolve the misunderstanding. It was very unprofessional. It seemed like the guy running it is bipolar.