Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Perfect for a stay to visit Beijing, offered tours are good, location is brilliant and the staff is always helpful - would come again!

- In general the staff was nice and competent, however some employees showed a huge potential to be more professional when they have a not-so-good day. - Temperature in the room was too hot.

Location and staff are the winners here. Even cafe staff were really friendly and happy to help out. 8 mixed dorm was spacious and there is a nice balance of local and overseas travellers. Only real concern, the cafe doubled as common room. Heavy club music didn't really suit the actual subdued vibe of people reading and playing cards on a Monday night. Although there is a small pool table room too. Heads up! Get all of your meals on the first street right from hostel!

• 24th Nov 2014

Value for money is OK. Clean and komfortable beds in a great location, especially if you want to have a night out in Beijing. A lot of clubs in walking distance. Lacks the typical backpackers atmosphere though. Would stay there again.

I went here expecting a great atmosphere and a great location. While the staff was incredibly friendly, and you can walk to the bars within 15 minutes, there isn't much of a social scene at the bar, and you're kind of located in an ugly back alley.

The halls tended to be very noisy at all hours so sleep wasn't that great. Intermittent warm showers. Front desk staff was ok, Had a decent bar with spotty wifi. Overall it was above average.

I like the food in the hostel.

I have stayed at this hostel a few times now. The rooms are clean and decently priced and the staff is friendly. However, for the second time in a row, there was no hot water to shower and we were given no discount/incentive to return. The staff said this has been a problem for a while. So until the problem is resolved I'll find somewhere else to stay

• 31st Oct 2014

This hostel is located in the heart of the Sanlitun Area, where many bars and clubs are. The hostel itself is quite big but very well organized. They have a nice restaurant/bar which is great to meet other travelers. The restaurant itself is okey, but a bit expensive. The staff is really wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay here.

The place is nice and cheap(to be in Beijing). Among the staff there was one who was really polite and helped me a lot..but I wouldn't say the same for all the other members. The subway is not very close but there are many buses one can take to reach it. Anyway the position is really convinent! The only problem is that there are only mixed rooms in dorm.

I've actually stayed at is hostel about 4/5 times in the last few months as its location is perfect for enjoying the Sanlitun area. The hostel itself is fine but a tad unorganised. The staff, barring one particularly rude and extremely unhelpful women who I believe generally works nights, are actually quite good. Food is okay but there's much better food in the area. Overall I'd recommend it for sure.

Great hostel! located near all the things to see and do in Sanlitun (walking distance from all the night clubs, bars, restaurants and malls). The hostel has a very nice bar and restaurant, which is full every evening with many young people. The room (private for two) was good and clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the shower and toilet in the room could be cleaner (I saw few small bugs). There's no sort of separation between the shower and the toilet, so one shower and it's flooded.

Good location with very helpful staff..Rooms were nice and clean.overall nice stay.

Thanks for staying at our hostel, we will offer better service to your next arriving.

Decent hostel and very close to the party district!

I loved this hostel and felt very at home here. Karine and Alice were such friendly and lovely ladies and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Thank you ladies. See you next time I visit China :)

Thanks for staying with us,we are hoping for your next coming.Best regards.

Too many people per bathroom so they were seldom clean. Laundry service was very bad, but we had another bad laundry experience later in shanghai so maybe it's the same everywhere. Reception and bar staff was very helpful

disgusting facilities, the toilets are my floor were virtually unusable due to urine on the floor and the smell of faeces. the smell greeted you as you reached the top of the stairs so it wasn't pleasant to say the least. woke up everyday at 7am by powertools, the room was cleaned halfheartedly and looked like it hadn't had a good clean for 10 years. informed staff and received a 'sorry', no compensation offered. had the cheek to ask for a good review! well here's an honest one.

While in a great location this hostel has room for improvement, the beds are hardly turned down, there is no shared kitchen and the shared facilities could be cleaner. Some of the staff are friendly but can't say that for all of them, when i tried to book another night i was told the hostel was full, when i checked online there was plenty of rooms available. When i finally did checked out, the owners daughter refused to give me directions or even answer my basic questions. Not friendly. 0 / 10.

• 9th Oct 2014

Great and helpful staff! :) Good location, friendly atmosphere, nice feeling! :) I would recommend this hostel for sure! :)

• 9th Oct 2014

Even staff had some English, their communication skill was the worst. It felt like I was begging them to let me stay at their home. I stayed at the counter for like 30min to check in. The pubic toilets were nightmare. I was glad that I had to stay only one night. I would definitely recommend private room with a toilet in it.

• 3rd Oct 2014