Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Staff is helpful, the bar atmosphere is awesome. The bathroom is new now and very clean, Mutianyu Great Wall is very beautiful! I love this place and recommend to you!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • China

There was a group of 5 of us that stayed in a 6 bed room. The room was basic, but very clean and safe. Staff were helpful and provided us with lots of useful information! Food and drinks were well priced and the sit down area downstairs was lovely too! We really enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend this hostel. Also the communal bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a hostel :)

Everything was pretty good in the hostel, great balcony with a view, very nice and helpful staff! The food is delicious and the bar is also nice.I like here.

• 10th Apr 2015

Good staff here and I like Dora. She is so lovely. I will come back again!!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Nice place with friendly helpful staff. Good atmosphere too however, there was some (very loud) renovation work being done during my stay

Pros - The hostel is in a good location close to nightlife. Also, the hostel bar is always active and has a nice vibe with good drinks and friendly bartenders. Cons - There aren't enough bathrooms. There were only 2 functioning male toilets in the whole place while we stayed there (one was a Chinese squatter, the other a Western toilet). One girl I was traveling with said the one "working" female Western toilet was clogged a lot. Also, they started construction in our room and left a mess.

Thank you again for helping us with our very hectic night. You were all extremely professional and caring.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I stayed at the hostel several times and was astonished by the atmosphere there,would come again.

We stayed here for 3 nights. We really liked the atmosphere, hostel is very clean. It's located almost in the centre. The staff is really very nice, they help you if you have any questions. I'd advice this hostel to all travelers who had come to this wonderful city like Beijing !

• 2nd Apr 2015

Excellent location and very good staff.

It is a good place and staff are willing to serve. I just have a complain that isnt close from a subway station so I've got to carry my baggage, but that's isn't a bad issue is others travel lighter than I.

I had a great time at the Local, I even came back a couple of times. Having the bar downstairs is really comfortable and it's the perfect place to meet lots of people. The Location of the hostel is also very good, it's only a few of stops with the subway to Tian'an men and also very easy to get to Summer palace. Oh, the Great wall tour is so fun though it a little bit far. ALL staff here is friendly and helpful and make my journey easier and impressive, I can only recommend staying there.

A great choice as always for my visit, breakfast was great !

• 21st Mar 2015

A cheap place to stay in the heart of SunLiTun area but the bathrooms were not very clean and wasn't very easy to find either.

I had booked two bedrooms in a 4 mixed dorm, but when we arrived they said that we would be in two separate rooms. We didn't want to do that, so we ended up having to pay for a more expensive private room, with was not worth the extra money. There were only two showers for the girls bathroom, which were always occupied. The sheets in the bedrooms were not very clean and every time I sat on my bed it bent at the middle (and I'm not that heavy). Also, the food was no good, it came out frozen.

Not sure about the plumbing - my room did not smell too fresh

• 13th Mar 2015

I lived at the hostel before which was reserved by my friend. There are quite a lot difference than it used to be. The decoration there is amazing and staff are more friendly. I do recommend this hostel to people from all over the world and definitely live again when I in Beijing.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, mostly because of the interesting mix of people you get to meet at a hostel. Plus the common room is a cozy environment, although the music was a little too loud at night for conversation. Cleanliness is a little lacking. There were rotting fruits and empty milk cartons beside my bed head from the last guest who had stayed there. The directions on the website are very wrong. It sent me up and down the hole Sanlitun area.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Good location, near clubbing area, close to station to airport. Heater on 24 hours, warm inside. Bed sheet clean

Pizza deliciozo, a recommander