Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Not a bad place but not great for the price. Staff booked me into a full dormitory despite reservation and had to reshuffle. Dorms were okay. Good location. Niceish bar with cheap drinks, probably would have enjoyed it much more if I was, say, an 18 year old Brit belting out Oasis numbers, like many of the other guests. If you think the Full Moon Party at Koh Pha Ngan is the apex of a really good time you will probably love this place.

I enjoyed my stay in the sanlitun hostel. The atmosphere is good, the staff friendly with good English. and the location (especially if you want to party) is very good. I found the walk from the subway a little confusing. Especially as google maps doesn't work. Improvements that could be made would be internet in the room, a bathmat as the shower room is a wet room so wet footprints made our floor very slippery.

• 24th Jul 2015

This hostel is located in a great area in Beijing. The common spaces are very vibrant and the food is amongst the best inexpensive western food I've come across in Beijing. The rooms were not the cleanest and the water from the bathroom leaked into the bedroom space and the waiters were much nicer than the receptionists. Our family was skeptical of staying here at first, but the common spaces really helped compensate for the 'homey' feeling that the rooms lacked.

SanLiTun was a great hostel. Clean friendly and close to the station dashisitian station. The staff here is really what made it great. Very welcoming and friendly. Corin is one of the managers of the restaurant and she helped me so much. There was some trouble with my bank which she did her best to fix for me. Beijing is a lot of fun and this Hostel made it even better.

• 18th Jul 2015

Bar and kitchen were great and nice place to relax. Bathrooms were kept very clean.

Awsome place.

The room was a fair size with two double beds. The sheets were clean and the air conditioning worked. The location is excellent, staff were efficient and helpful. They played the music too loud in the hang out room and restaurant to be able to sit and read. But otherwise no complaints. I will stay there again.

• 15th Jul 2015

It has a really nice reception area although with not enough light at night. The bathrooms could be better. The food is good and people at the tourist information is very helpful.

It's a nice and clean hostel BUT – and this is important – the wifi SUCKS. There is only a connection in the lobby downstairs, not in the rooms, and the connection itself is pretty terrible. Everything else about the place is great but I'm not sure I'd go back, just because of the wifi.

Great place to stay in a great location of Beijing if you are visiting friends in the expat district. A bit hard to find down an alley but well worth the search. Clean bathrooms and rooms and great downstairs bar with friendly staff!

Hostel was hard to find. Directions not very clear on hostel world booking email. Stayed in twin private , was basic with no lamp only industrial florescent light in room. Showers where average. No seperate bathroom for men/women. No lift for people with heavy bags. Girl at reception was very helpful and nice. Food was Ok in bar .I had porridge for breakfast buy it was like a bowl of warm milk with no oats. They did change it for me and it was good. Atmosphere was not great in common area .

• 9th Jul 2015

This hostel made our stay even better! We had a lot of questions, and the staff was always helpful and kind when answering. I would like to do the hostel trips in the future. The location is worth the stay by itself. Our room was like a hotel. I would recommend to pretty much anyone.

Great hostel that I always stay

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location is good. Not the best for meeting lots of people, but still good.

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff are awesome - they're flexible, great English speakers, and good at solving problems. The area is lively and has a lot of nightlife. Food from the hostel's bar/restaurant is normal-expensive but good.

This is a great hostel. It is in a super foreign area, which can be great or unwanted depending on your travel style and desires. I wish there was wifi in the room, but everything else was great. It was really easy to meet people, and it is in a pretty central area of Beijing. It was easy to get to many of the tourist spots you want to see.

• 1st Jul 2015

Good hostel - clean enough, cheap and good location. But too few bathrooms. During our stay, toilet paper ran out and was not replaced for quite a while. This is unhygienic.

I've been staying at this hostel since I first came to Beijing in 2009, and it's just as good now as it was then. The bar is the best place to make friends in the city, and the rooms are fine. That said, this was my last stay. In six years they haven't fixed the problem of the wifi signal only reaching to the lobby. That was OK in 2009, but today it's just not good enough (especially as you can get a hotel room for the same price as a private room). Guys, it's time to install a few routers.

i can't see the reason the laundry machine is charged.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

bathrooms could use some work

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7