Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

It's a great hostel in a good location, delicious food and good atmosphere, I like it very much.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • China

It was the first hostel I went in China that had those tiny mattress, rooms are just clean enough. I did like the hall with the little bar and the restaurant. The food was find, expensive but it's almost the same price than all others places.

• 12th Jul 2014

The hostel is very nice with good security (room doors, lockers, and 24/7 staff). It has a decently prices restaurant attached to it with a small bar that is great for breakfast or lunch, and relaxing in the evenings. It's also a good hang out area to meet people. The hostel has desktop computers available but you need to pay for them (if I recall it was 1 yuan/15 minutes which isn't expensive, just annoying). One big complaint is that the WiFi (slow to begin with) only works on the first floor.

In China there are different standards when it comes to cleanliness and comfort, but Sanlitun is under average compared to other hostels in bigger cities in China. Ofcourse the main lounge where they make money off of selling food and beer is clean, just wish they could pretend to care about the other facilities such as shower and toilet. Shower is downright disgusting and the few toilets they actually have rarely have any toilet paper. Staff is helpful and we met some cool people though.

Security: Lockers in dorms too small for a carry-on suitcase, and the latch quite feeble. I asked them to hold my bags til I'd come back for them later in the day, and my bags were tagged and stored, but when I picked them up the tags weren't checked and they let me take whatever I wanted. Very good bar and food menu, and good common areas with pool table, but sofa by pool table was bug-infested. Location great, staff nice as well as bilingual, but upkeep was wanting.

Great atmosphere. Cathy was very helpful.

화장실. 샤워실안좋고 지하철역 도보15분정도구요 . 버스정류장은가까움. 가격싼맛에 가기좋아요

I live just outside of beijing so when I stay in beijing I always stay here. It's cheap, but clean, rooms are nice, atmosphere is great you get to meet so many people. The only thing that's not to great is no wifi jn the rooms. :(

It was my second time on Salintum Youth Hostel and it was very good!!!

Nice hostel, no problems. Only stayed for one night - it was fine.

Great staff & facilities! the only negative was the grumpy lad taking orders in the coffee shop! he really needs to cheer up some :)

• 24th Jun 2014

The restaurant was quiet expensive for a hostel.

Min , sweet lady

Good backpacker accommodation. Bar gets nice and crowded at night. Staff members are generally very friendly and helpful.

Overall good place for good price for Beijing. If you are looking for quiet hostel to rest after long day this place is not for you. The "party' in lounge area goes on every night all night. The staff should pay more attention to the night curfew, after all some guests prefer to sleep then party all night. Public bathrooms and sowers are very clean, but private are in need of a good scrubbing.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

Staff not helpful at all, they told me wrong directions to the public bus stop that gets you to the Great Wall. I wanted to extend my stay and they made me wait till morning of my checkout to tell me they do not have any bed left so I had to find another hostel... Western food ok, but pretty expensive. The directions on the website are very poor, hard to find

This was a great hostel in a nice location. The staff was very friendly and spoke good English for Beijing. The hostel made the bed and cleaned the room each day which was a very nice touch. I would strongly recommend it.

I love absolutely everything about this place. I lived here for a month in 2012 and recently went back again for a few days simply because I loved it THAT much. It's a guaranteed good time. The common room is set up in a way that facilitates meeting people and generally the people that come through are some of the coolest you'll meet traveling. Close to Sanlitun a plus! Basically, don't think of staying anywhere else in Beijing.

REally nice place to meet other travelers. Nice facilities to enjoy. Great staff. The door lock in the dorm room 201 needs seriously to be changed. Pricy restaurant. and more than 1 km form the metro station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6