Sanlitun Youth Hostel

7.4
Very Good 2975 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Great cafe at the hostel and seating areas. Location is different then your standard by the forbidden city scene which was cool. The room was a little small and shared toilets.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2017
4.6

I checked out the next day! Definitely not recommended for solo travellers. The majority of the hostel is used by local students. My room had no lockers and not enough space for four peoples rucksacks so people kept tripping over when coming into the room. My bed put my head literally right at the door. The corridors are stacked with mattresses and spare bed parts. I've stayed in hostels throughout Asia this made me feel the most uncomfortable by far! Shower/toilets are okay if you're in early.

9th Jun 2017
6.0

I spent two nights in the 8 bed dorm. The bunk bed I was assigned to, seemed to be used so I chose another one that had clean sheets. Several people in the dorm room seemed to stay there for the long term, so lockers, tables and chairs were blocked with their stuff including leftover food. The bathrooms clearly have seen better days but seemed to be cleaned regularly. Worst part was a Russian guy going on rampage at 5 am trying to start arguments with everyone in the dorm.

• Lithuania, Male, 25-30
20th May 2017
7.7

Stayed in single private. Staff: good Location: good Rooftop bar: good, but maybe rather expensive beer. Room: Not satisfied. Clean sheets and clean room, however condition of it was dubious. Also, there was this awful smell from a sink drain, could feel it even while sleeping in bed.

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
3rd May 2017
6.6

Stayed next to shared toilets on 1st floor locals were very noisy but as it was 1st floor the wifi worked in the room otherwise u have to sit in the bar. Towels and sheets were not changed in our 6 days however the bedding was clean when we arrived. Floors were dirty in room had to wear flip flops. Shower was mouldy and dirty but worked and was hot. Drain clogged on last day. Some staff very helpful others not so much. Overall was ok for what it was but wouldn't stay again.

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
3rd May 2017

Fantastic hostel, but very hard to find, especially in the dark. The directions from the subway work well but if you arrive in the city after they shutdown, taxi drivers may have a difficult time finding the hostel. However still a great place and definitely worth taking the time to find.

• hannahorde
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
2nd May 2017
7.7

This was a very nice hostel with good food and drinks, fairly well located. The social atmosphere was a bit weird though, it seemed to attract the odder backpackers and we ended up going to 365 Hostel to socialize (it's also a much better located hostel).

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2017
2.0

The staff was extremely unhelpful. They told me that I only could cancel my booking through hostel world when they already checked me in. They could have clearly done it themselves. Only after I consulted Hostel world, they decided to help me. They did it very reluctantly, it was such a huge turn off. The lobby was also filled with mosquitoes and no one actually spent their time there because of it. Not sure why this place even has such a high rating.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
6.0

We arrived very late due to a delayed flight so it was 5am. The taxi got lost. They had my reservation but didn't have the private room so they gave us another room that was an upgrade to a private ensuite. That was fine. We just needed a place to sleep before check out at 12. However, the walls are thin and the bathroom was next door. Also, a Chinese lady walked into our room while sleeping and there were mosquitos in the room. Finally, our room didn't have hot water. Not a great experience.

20th Apr 2017

This is a good hostel with a good staff. Good location for nightlife in Beijing. Comfy beds as well!