Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Great location in Beijing. Close to subway, resturants, hutongs, and malls. The staff are very helpful and speak good english. They will help you organize day trips and trips after leaving the hostel. Also can recommend good resturants and events. The atmosphere is pretty casual. There is a common area with a bar and pool table for socializing. The food is pretty good (western food) and definitely convenient. Would recommend staying here.

Some of the staff were excellent but unfortunately there were a couple that were rude and unhelpful.

One of the best hostels ever! The staff were efficient and super helpful. Comfy rooms and really clean washrooms. If only they'd add a water dispenser in the lobby, like most other hostels, it'd be perfect. And also there wasn't a sign to show you some of the room numbers on the top floor. And we weren't informed that they'd provide towels when we bought new towels from the hostel, it was actually a waste of money.

I would definitely recommend Sanlitun hostel to any traveler, staying in Beijing. The staff are very friendly, and although their English isn't prefect they offer a high level of customer service. The best asset of the hostel is the location. Sanlitun offers the best night life in Beijing, and is conveniently located within 10 mins walking distance of the subway. My only complaint is Wi-Fi is only available in the lounge area, however this indirectly encourages guests to mingle with one another.

• 11th Sep 2014

Is a great hostel....they offer everything you need for reasonable prices. Staff is very helpfull and have a good knowledge off the things to do in beijing. For me it was convenient because my ambassy was close to this place. But in the direct surrounding is enough to find...bars shops and restaurants. the location is from airport easy to find....the discription of the hostel is enough. if i need to go back to beijing i will choose this place again.

The staff is amazing!!!!!!

Overall a great stay with a lof of life and other travlers at the hostel. Some of the staff was very nice and helpfull. However, other staff was unenthusiastic and unwilling to help, unless you insisted. The hostels can help with many trips, but the prices are alittle expensive and sometimes more than twice the normal price in Beijing (e.g. car and taxi booking).

Bathroom was not as clean as I would like but it sufficed. The lobby area was the bar area which made it conducive to meeting other travelers.

Amazing youth hostel,I love it

• 28th Aug 2014

Just the bathrooms seemed a bit grotty but I was expecting that. (: really cool little cafe and outdoor area and lots of info about Beijing and things in general.

everything was awesome!!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very much enjoyed staying here. Superb staff who were very helpful, brilliant location close to all the excitement that Sanlitun has to offer yet tucked away down a little side street so no noise at night. Close to two subway stations with easy access to all Beijing sights and with plenty of nice bars and excellent restaurants in the area. The hostel itself is clean and tidy, has everything you would need and a great chilled out vibe with a bar/cafe, pool room and clean showers and toilets.

Great for young people there to party, closer to the nightclub area than I thought possible with an atmosphere to match, but not really ideal for a chilled break or as a base for serious sightseeing, more for a party holiday than anything. Plus the light fell off the ceiling in my room twice while I was there...

the service is so so, the hostel spot is perfect though.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • China

Lovely atmosphere :)

Very good ambiance and the staff is very nice and helpful. It's an amazing hostel, the place is so comfortable and has everything you need, i would love to stay there again.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • China

During our 30 day trip in China we have stayed in a lot of hostels, this was the most disappointing one. They are asking money for everything: computer, pool table, table football and so on. If you book a hostel in a higher price range, you expect some services in return. Now we just got the feeling that they’re squeezing every Yuan out our pocket.

• 11th Aug 2014

I was perfectly satisfied with my stay at Sanlitun. I would recommend it to others. The only slight frustration was that sometimes the Internet connection was a little shaky, but I know this is likely the case most places. Thank you for everything!

Though I was only there for one night I had no problems. Relaxed atmosphere & well organized Hostel. Will stay here again.

Unfortunately the location was the only advantage of this hostel. When I arrived with my husband we were given a twin room and during the whole week we stayed the staff said they were unable to move us to a double room. My husband found the staff to be quite unfriendly. Also the room was not cleaned, the beds were not made or sheets cleaned during the week and the bin was only emptied once. I realise it's a hostel not a hotel, but for the high price of the room I expected a much better service.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6