Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Is a great hostel....they offer everything you need for reasonable prices. Staff is very helpfull and have a good knowledge off the things to do in beijing. For me it was convenient because my ambassy was close to this place. But in the direct surrounding is enough to find...bars shops and restaurants. the location is from airport easy to find....the discription of the hostel is enough. if i need to go back to beijing i will choose this place again.

Overall a great stay with a lof of life and other travlers at the hostel. Some of the staff was very nice and helpfull. However, other staff was unenthusiastic and unwilling to help, unless you insisted. The hostels can help with many trips, but the prices are alittle expensive and sometimes more than twice the normal price in Beijing (e.g. car and taxi booking).

Bathroom was not as clean as I would like but it sufficed. The lobby area was the bar area which made it conducive to meeting other travelers.

Amazing youth hostel,I love it

• 28th Aug 2014

Just the bathrooms seemed a bit grotty but I was expecting that. (: really cool little cafe and outdoor area and lots of info about Beijing and things in general.

everything was awesome!!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Very much enjoyed staying here. Superb staff who were very helpful, brilliant location close to all the excitement that Sanlitun has to offer yet tucked away down a little side street so no noise at night. Close to two subway stations with easy access to all Beijing sights and with plenty of nice bars and excellent restaurants in the area. The hostel itself is clean and tidy, has everything you would need and a great chilled out vibe with a bar/cafe, pool room and clean showers and toilets.

the service is so so, the hostel spot is perfect though.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • China

Lovely atmosphere :)

Very good ambiance and the staff is very nice and helpful. It's an amazing hostel, the place is so comfortable and has everything you need, i would love to stay there again.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • China

During our 30 day trip in China we have stayed in a lot of hostels, this was the most disappointing one. They are asking money for everything: computer, pool table, table football and so on. If you book a hostel in a higher price range, you expect some services in return. Now we just got the feeling that they’re squeezing every Yuan out our pocket.

• 11th Aug 2014

I was perfectly satisfied with my stay at Sanlitun. I would recommend it to others. The only slight frustration was that sometimes the Internet connection was a little shaky, but I know this is likely the case most places. Thank you for everything!

Though I was only there for one night I had no problems. Relaxed atmosphere & well organized Hostel. Will stay here again.

Unfortunately the location was the only advantage of this hostel. When I arrived with my husband we were given a twin room and during the whole week we stayed the staff said they were unable to move us to a double room. My husband found the staff to be quite unfriendly. Also the room was not cleaned, the beds were not made or sheets cleaned during the week and the bin was only emptied once. I realise it's a hostel not a hotel, but for the high price of the room I expected a much better service.

Really nice hostel and the price was very reasonable. They serve food and drinks throughout the day which are of a high standard. Each room has a locker available for each resident to safely store their valuables.

• 9th Aug 2014

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff was amazing at helping with every need or question I had. They went above and beyond and it was greatly appreciated. The only problem I had was the wi fi did not work half the time but I was able to hook my computer up to a cable and get online that way. Also a member of the staff let me borrow her phone for internet access which was extremely nice of her.

• 8th Aug 2014

I would really reccommend this hostel. It has a bar\restaurant with an inside and outside area so lots of opportunity to meet fellow travellers and get ready for a big night out at the clubs which are just a 5 minute walk away. The room was a decent size with a good aircon and and the bed was comfortable. The staff were really helpful, friendly and accomodating.

Nice hostel,helpful staff and good food,i will stay there again

Very good hostel, very good staff and facilities. I recommend it. The only problem I met is the dirtiness on the edges of the beds. There are not real mattresses on the beds and the dirtiness infiltrates on the edges. Moreover I saw the boss tell of on one of her employee in front of all guests. I found that totally disrespectful.

Good location as close to subway, however room (double private) bathroom was bad, smelt like drain and had insects. Hostel looks pretty in appearance but this hides problems with WiFi, cleanliness and hygiene.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6