Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

The place is nice and cheap(to be in Beijing). Among the staff there was one who was really polite and helped me a lot..but I wouldn't say the same for all the other members. The subway is not very close but there are many buses one can take to reach it. Anyway the position is really convinent! The only problem is that there are only mixed rooms in dorm.

I've actually stayed at is hostel about 4/5 times in the last few months as its location is perfect for enjoying the Sanlitun area. The hostel itself is fine but a tad unorganised. The staff, barring one particularly rude and extremely unhelpful women who I believe generally works nights, are actually quite good. Food is okay but there's much better food in the area. Overall I'd recommend it for sure.

Great hostel! located near all the things to see and do in Sanlitun (walking distance from all the night clubs, bars, restaurants and malls). The hostel has a very nice bar and restaurant, which is full every evening with many young people. The room (private for two) was good and clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the shower and toilet in the room could be cleaner (I saw few small bugs). There's no sort of separation between the shower and the toilet, so one shower and it's flooded.

Good location with very helpful staff..Rooms were nice and clean.overall nice stay.

Thanks for staying at our hostel, we will offer better service to your next arriving.

Decent hostel and very close to the party district!

Too many people per bathroom so they were seldom clean. Laundry service was very bad, but we had another bad laundry experience later in shanghai so maybe it's the same everywhere. Reception and bar staff was very helpful

disgusting facilities, the toilets are my floor were virtually unusable due to urine on the floor and the smell of faeces. the smell greeted you as you reached the top of the stairs so it wasn't pleasant to say the least. woke up everyday at 7am by powertools, the room was cleaned halfheartedly and looked like it hadn't had a good clean for 10 years. informed staff and received a 'sorry', no compensation offered. had the cheek to ask for a good review! well here's an honest one.

Great and helpful staff! :) Good location, friendly atmosphere, nice feeling! :) I would recommend this hostel for sure! :)

• 9th Oct 2014

Even staff had some English, their communication skill was the worst. It felt like I was begging them to let me stay at their home. I stayed at the counter for like 30min to check in. The pubic toilets were nightmare. I was glad that I had to stay only one night. I would definitely recommend private room with a toilet in it.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Mongolia

I have stayed at this property several times. This time I stayed in a double private room in the main building. The room was clean but old. It could have used some basic maintenance and updates on things like the floor, lighting, and the shower. Everyday we got clean towels and the garbage bins were emptied. A late night shower did not have any hot water. There is no elevator if you are on the top floor. The price of breakfast was on the high side.

This is my first time writing a review so after staying at Sanlitun for Golden week, I must write about my experience. I stayed at the hostel for 8 days

• 29th Sep 2014

This hostel is in a lively area of Beijing, with the bar street being close by and a lot of neat restaurants in the area. The bar in the hostel and the small patio outside were great for meeting other travelers. The food at the hostel is more expensive than food from many surrounding restaurants. It was the National Holiday when I was here so it was slightly more expensive than usual, no fault of the hostel though. Would stay again.

Best place @ heart of Beijing to stay

Great location in Beijing. Close to subway, resturants, hutongs, and malls. The staff are very helpful and speak good english. They will help you organize day trips and trips after leaving the hostel. Also can recommend good resturants and events. The atmosphere is pretty casual. There is a common area with a bar and pool table for socializing. The food is pretty good (western food) and definitely convenient. Would recommend staying here.

Great Staff. Nice atmosphere to make new friends. Unfortunately not all (reasonable) costs for trips were mentioned when booking trips. E.g. the cablecar at the Great Wall in Mutianyu.

I know all of the staffs in the hostel are chinese. But i don't know why their action seem racist.

Some of the staff were excellent but unfortunately there were a couple that were rude and unhelpful.

One of the best hostels ever! The staff were efficient and super helpful. Comfy rooms and really clean washrooms. If only they'd add a water dispenser in the lobby, like most other hostels, it'd be perfect. And also there wasn't a sign to show you some of the room numbers on the top floor. And we weren't informed that they'd provide towels when we bought new towels from the hostel, it was actually a waste of money.

Big space for 8-mixed room compared to other hostels I lived in Beijing and really convenient location ,easy access to most places I want to go by bus and subway.Mostly I come back very late and get up late ,thus have little to say about the atmosphere .Party ambience at night I would say. On the whole ,it's not bad for sole travelers.As for the staff ,it depends ,some are really friendly ,some are really impatient and impolite.BTW,they just want to charge everything .

• 12th Sep 2014
  • China

Very cool hostel. Everything was great. It is cool that you are picked up directly from the hostel when you book the Tours!

• 12th Sep 2014