Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Great place to stay and fantastic value for money. I would recommend anyone to stop over at this place and what makes it even better is the fact that the heating during winter was warm and not like other hostels where you hardly feel it. Conveniently located from Sanlitun bar district and various other restaurants in the district.

possibly the best in Beijing for this price !!!

• 20th Jan 2016

Great staff, clean and functional rooms, and right downtown in the middle of everything! The outside looks a little run down, but that should not deter you: this place is cute and super well located. Close to everything in sanlitun, and clean facilities as well! Most staff members speak some English, and it's a very comfortable place to meet new people. Thanks for the great stay, guys!

• 19th Jan 2016

The bar area was very cold and made it an unsocial area. The staff were very slow at serving food so that it was cold by the time it arrived..

• 16th Jan 2016

Great location and some very friendly staff, especially Carine! Points to improve on - Wifi in the rooms, Toilet paper rolls in the toilet cubicles, not just in the bathroom next to the sinks!

I have been coming to this hostel for the past 3 years now. Every time I come to Beijing I must reconnect with this awesome staff. it has almost become a second home for me. The people here really do care about their guests and the quality of their stay. I personally recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun, adventurous, and inspiring time in Beijing.

• 11th Jan 2016

This hostel isn't in a great location and the building itself is hidden behind several larger buildings none of which is mentioned in the directions. The hostel is very basic and you have to pay for absolutely everything. Nothing is included. The common room has very little lighting and it is the only place you can get wifi (if the wifi is even working).

I'm pretty sure I saw a rat run back and forth in the kitchen 3 times. Please set some traps and address this problem immediately. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Good location for shopping and nightlife, staff are relatively friendly, rooms are clean but small and tend to be a bit stuffy, bathroom facilities are pretty good. Good cafe/bar downstairs, very social atmosphere. We went on one of the organised Great Wall trips which was very good, and reasonably priced. Overall a pretty good hostel, however, don't expect peace and quiet at night!

The place is nice but I think the staff could be a lot more friendly and welcoming to guests.

• 26th Dec 2015

They had full out construction going on in a room above mine on a Saturday morning. I told them they were waking customers up, and they responded that it was their last day of construction, as if that was an answer. This was my second time there. They are otherwise good, and I would go back again simply for value and location.

As a female traveler, I wanted to make sure there would be at least one other woman in the 4 person room. Told there would be one woman and one man. However, the "woman" turned out to be a man who came into the room at 2am. The other man who was there the whole time was extremely creepy, hassled me the entire time I was in the room, and made me very uncomfortable and scared to sleep. Not the hostel fault, but should have a system that protects women so they are not in a room alone with a man.

Great stay. Some party people made a lot of noise at night but apart from that ok. Good cafe too.

• 11th Dec 2015

The hostel's location is great, subway is just 10 minutes walk from here. I like the atmosphere.. it's a perfect place to hangout and bond with friends. I like the hostel's impression at night, like a mini club- dim lights with good music. I find the staff friendly except for 2- quite snob or maybe they are just tired..?

Sewer system is very very poor

• 28th Nov 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

Google Maps pin won't get you here exactly. Instead of the left side of the road, the hostel will be on the right side of the road (if you are going North from the main road). There will be a complex that currently has a Mexican restaurant and spa in it. You'll see a sign for Sanlitun Hostel as you walk into the complex. Look at photos of the hostel online before arriving. For Beijing, the shared hostel rooms are modern, with two power points per bed. Bathrooms are big.

This is the most horrible youth hostel experience that I ever had. After booking the dorms, I received an email saying that Chinese citizen would not be allowed to live in. Then we tried anyway, because my husband is Chinese. Upon our arrival, I was asking a staff (a girl wearing glasses) why there is a rule of excluding Chinese, she showed an angry face and completely ignore my question, then she left without a word. And a staff was busying on teaching a guy Chinese, and rude to my husband.

The Hostel is ok. But not more than that. We had a double room with ensuite bathroom. Unfortunately it was not that clean, but not too dirty neither. The rooms itself were mainly clean, unless you looked under the beds. I think no one has cleaned there for a long time. So in total the rooms were ok. However, the first night we were in a room where the window was directed towards a discotheque. So we couldn't sleep until 4am. After we changed rooms it was much better.

• 11th Nov 2015

I never have a bad time here! Great staff, perfect location, and always good value for money. Many thanks for your hospitality!

« first « Prev 1 2 3