Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

It has been an amazing stay. Comfortable dorm bed. Clean bathroom and toilet. It was quiet despite being in a strategic location. The hostel location is perfect. You can easily walk to almost all the nearest attraction. If you are not the type to walk then you can use the one day bus pass. It was so convenient as the bus stop is just beside the hostel. Definitely will stay here again the next time i visit Kyoto.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Although is isnt very walkable from Kyoto station, You can take a bus, which is rather inexpensive. The staff are amazing and its VERY clean. I would reccomend it!

• 13th Sep 2014

It located very far from station or city center(walk about 30 min). Common room is very small, besides it's next to reception desk. No kitchen is the worst part. There is a microwave oven and refrigr but located next to reception desk, so cooking or heating food is uncomfortable so as not to bother other guest or staff. 1st floor cafe is not a place for guest.. If you stay long time at cafe you need a lot of guts or money to order beverage. Overall atmosphere here was bad.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Some of the backpackers changed the bed without the staff knowledge therefore we had a difficulty when we checked in. Other than that it was a good experience and i would stay again if i go to Kyoto again.

This hostel was pretty awesome. I loved that the showers have areas to put your dry clothes. Beds are comfy and having your own curtain and power is good. I would stay at this hostel again.

The hostel was really affordable and with a close proximity to some great tourist spots. Staffs are accommodating. Will definitely go back there.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

It's a good place to stay. The beds are comfortable and the staff is really amazing. Te toilets and showers are modern, although not all that clean. The facilities are OK - a microwave, fridge and computers, although the hostel lacks a kitchen and the wifi sometimes doesn't work. The location is also somewhat lacking - it's close to several great sightseeing areas, but quite far from a subway station, which makes getting around a bit inconvenient. Despite that, it's still a good, cheap hostel.

The staff were extremely nice! Good facilities and location

Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto has a really good atmosphere and staff is very helpful. Location is also good, just in the corner of Kiyomizu Dera. Beds are quite comfortable, showers not so clean, but I've seen worst in my life. Minus is lack of kitchen. There is a bar downstairs, so you can order a meal, but in hostel itself you have only a fridge. My general opinion is positive. I think it's a nice play to stay.

it's good, clean, and kind!

I stayed in two hostels during my time in Kyoto and this was the inferior one. It's stationed in the south-east of the city and is on a few bus lines though I found myself having to catch two buses to get to the destinations I wanted to go to. The common area isn't that big, though I sat in the Santiago bar downstairs sometimes. Even with a discount, the food is expensive there. Each bed is curtained off and has its own light and electrical socket - made it feel very private!

Really wonderful hostel. The rooms have nice curtains allowing you to sleep while others are awake or it's light out. The common room is very nice, and the restaurant below is awesome to hang out in. The owners/hosts are all really friendly and take good care of you. Masa is an awesome guy -- definitely talk to him if you can!

Loved it. My friend stayed in another hostel, but she would come over to chill out with me and the staff for the two nights we were in Kyoto. We even came back to say our final goodbyes on our return to Kyoto (even though we stayed in another hostel). We are definitely grateful for their warmth and for making our stay in Kyoto a truly memorable experience.

This hostel is one of my most favorite hostel in Kyoto. Owner in the hostel was quite friendly n helpful. The location also good. (Very close to kiyomizu temple that is one of major attraction in Kyoto. Cost for stay also not that expensive compare to other hostel. Hope I can stay again!!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Very kind staff. Perfect location. Tiny shower room as almost japan's hostel. Ill definitely stay Santiago in Kyoto.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel was amazing. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone travelling to Kyoto.

Internet was often not working. Showers are a bit small but the staff makes up for it! Great vibe and they are very helpfull! atmosphere is good but the common room is quit small

Well located in Kyoto, 10 minutes walk south of gion. There is no kitchen in the hostel... It is very noisy because the hostel is located on a big traffic area, not very nice. The bathrooms weren't clean at all, it made me want to keep my shoes on!! Internet wifi problems too, very regularly.

Clean and nice hostel just a few meters from a bus station that will let you depart for the main attractions of the city. Cozy and well furnished, I would highly recommend it.

Really enjoyed my time at the place, everybody was very friendly and i was able to meet a lot of good people but not necessarly because of the way travellers can assemble. The dorm are very well thought, you feel like getting a good rest in them which is at the end one of the most important point. I heard some people stayed there for more than two years ! You can t go wrong with that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4