Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

staff is excellent! friendly and with pleasure will give directions to local pubs or will invite to have dinner! this is no 1 out of 7! recommended!

It was awesome I must say. Very convenient location for Kyoto sightseeing. Best thing was the bar below it. We had an awesome evening there discussing about Brooklyn,France,Singapore,Malasia,Ukraine and India .Staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean. Highly recommend

Great place - downstairs was a cozy cafe. However Wi-Fi didn't work, someone had taken my locker which was very small anyway so I ended up placing my suitcase, backpack, and bag on my bed, and the room was very hot. All in all, a cool hostel, close to cool temples and convenience stores. Close to the Gion district and other cool places. Would recommend.

• 29th Dec 2014

it would be better if the receptionist staff available 24 hours

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So cool,beautiful white wall,frendly staff,good comfort bed!! It is good there is a curtain on each bed!! Great!!

Such a great experience, very nice place and warm and very kind staff, I want to go back !

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Nice and clean, staff was friendly and even took us out one night :) Takes only about 20 minutes to walk to the main area with shops, bars, restaurants, etc. Place didnt have much of a social atmosphere-- could be the people traveling or it was winter so not many people are there. There are cups, maybe 2-3 spoons/knives, hot water, microwave, and drinking water. WIsh there were some plates, some more utensils.

So nice and cozy place for price. what i consider to choose a guesthouse is staff and people. nice and kind staffs are perfect for me, sometime they invites me to have some food. Thanks everyone!

• 14th Dec 2014

I totally loved this place! It was very clean inside, had quite a lot of sightsseeing spots/nice restaurants in walk distance. And more than anything, all the stuff working there was really nice and helpful. I will definitely come back here if I will ever have a chance to visit Kyoto again!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Japan

I have stayed there twice now and is a perfect base for exploring the sights of Kyoto, the train station is only a short walk connecting many temples and places of interest. Masa and Yohei are awesome hosts, they make sure everyone is looked after, especially if you are travelling alone it can be hard to meet people in Japanese Hostels but they took everyone out to a local restaurant and created plenty of entertainment. There is a cafe underneath and you can get discount for drinks and food

They have a lovely cafe downstairs

• 4th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Santiago Guesthouse was really close to many nice locations, for example Kyomizu Temple. The staff was very nice, the beds comfortable and warm and everything was very clean. Amazing for the price! The cafe right downstairs was also great, especially since it was raining the next morning of our stay. Will definitely come back!

• 3rd Dec 2014

I am so disappointed that Santiago Hostel thinks it's OK to let everyone in the rooms freeze! They have a lame sign that says the thermostat is set so everyone is comfortable well I can tell you that's NOT true. Every single person in my room complained it was FREEZING and the desk was already closed so no one could help us. Stop cutting costs by leaving your guests extremely uncomfortable!! The staff was really nice and accommodating so I feel bad leaving a poor review and it's super clean!

Wifi didn't work for the 1st 2 days of my stay on both of my devices. It can be connected but the IP became "self-assigned" which means it need to be reset. Tried to ask staff for help but they refused to as they claimed that this sometimes happens and no one was complaining and since my devices showed that they're connected to the wifi so it was not their problem. I noticed that some of the travellers also encountered the same problem but got the same answers. Wifi finally works on the last day

Great stay located conveniently in the Gion area. We arrived quite late, past check-in time but called and the staff waited for us which was so lovely. Would stay again!

位置很適合早上6時前往清水寺的人,去衹園/八坂神社也很方便。沒有升降機是唯一缺點的地方。若被分配住高樓層又拿着重行李,要有爬幾層樓梯的心理準備。另外,因為樓底高,上層雙層床沒有保護欄的情況下,感覺不安全……

Thank you for sorting me out with a room on the very busy holiday weekend, when i made a big error in booking my an incompatible dorm room. Very helpful!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Not enough showers, uncomfortable bunks and really noisy dorm rooms.

I first utilized this type of hostel. Location is very convenient, and staff was very kind. I `m going to use this hostel next time when visiting in Kyoto. Thank you.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was very nice and neat. It has a bar with good drinks which is cool but is closes very early (9-10PM) so there isn’t that much ambiance. Staff is very nice and helpful: we went out with them every night of our stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4