Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

It is a very tidy guesthouse with nice rooms.

Air conditioning was a little loud and set to 26C, it was unbearably hot in the females dorm. Only stayed one night and needn't complain, but I would if I had to ask for controls.

It was great! Very recommended!

Very nice and welcome staff. I think the room is hot and we cant adjust the temperature.

Well-locatedWell-located, clean and cheep

Good location to kiyomizu temple and higashiyama dicstric. The room and bed is clean. But cleanliness of shower room is not ok ,especially after staff getting rest. The front door is still open after 9pm(this time reception is closed ).

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

The cafe was very handy. Could maybe do with a few get togethers to create a bit more atmosphere.

• 15th Aug 2015

Great hostel for vacation - nice bar/restaurant below

Great hostel! The staff were so friendly and fun!

• 29th Jul 2015

Comfortable

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Clean, helpful staff, great cafe downstairs, not close to the train, but close to the river.

got stuck elsewhere the day i was meant to arrive b/c of typhoon + cancelled trains, had my hostel call santiago and was told i had to pay the first night anyway. my hostel lady was very surprised. arrived next day, talked to the owner and he refused to even be sympathetic about the situation let alone forgo the first night fee which left a bad taste in my mouth. only half of the staff were very good other half less than mediocore. full of asians who keep to themselves, not recommended.

Great hostel. Well run. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Kyoto.

Fantastic atmosphere and located in an interesting area with a specialty of ceramics, you`ll see a few shops with hand crafted pots and bowls included lining the hostel stairway. Although not located near Kyoto central station, we made trips to major tourist destinations such as Arashiyama, Kinkakuji and the International Manga Museum with ease. Staff helped us organize our bus tickets. Showers are small and operate on a timer you need to keep pushing. Cafe downstairs makes brilliant breakfasts!

I enjoyed my stay, the staff were very friendly and most of them spoke good english. Very nice dorms and good beds! The showers are pretty much the only negative part. You have to press the button like every 5 seconds or the water stops.. other than that a very nice place. Also liked the cafe downstairs. You could add some more japanese foods/drinks on the menu though.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! It was clean, had the perfect location, and the staff was wonderful! My experience at Santiago Guesthouse was perfect.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good nights sleep had. Friendly staff, clean facilities and rooms, comfortable bed. The café on the ground floor (or first floor as it is japan) is excellent value and the food is simply great.

The location was great, the dorms were spacious and comfortable. Some of the best dorm accommodation that I have stayed in in Japan!

I liked the curtains around the beds, really added extra privacy!

Great time at this hostel. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the bed comfortable and the showers powerful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4