Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

it would be better if the receptionist staff available 24 hours

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice and clean, staff was friendly and even took us out one night :) Takes only about 20 minutes to walk to the main area with shops, bars, restaurants, etc. Place didnt have much of a social atmosphere-- could be the people traveling or it was winter so not many people are there. There are cups, maybe 2-3 spoons/knives, hot water, microwave, and drinking water. WIsh there were some plates, some more utensils.

So nice and cozy place for price. what i consider to choose a guesthouse is staff and people. nice and kind staffs are perfect for me, sometime they invites me to have some food. Thanks everyone!

• 14th Dec 2014

I totally loved this place! It was very clean inside, had quite a lot of sightsseeing spots/nice restaurants in walk distance. And more than anything, all the stuff working there was really nice and helpful. I will definitely come back here if I will ever have a chance to visit Kyoto again!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Japan

I have stayed there twice now and is a perfect base for exploring the sights of Kyoto, the train station is only a short walk connecting many temples and places of interest. Masa and Yohei are awesome hosts, they make sure everyone is looked after, especially if you are travelling alone it can be hard to meet people in Japanese Hostels but they took everyone out to a local restaurant and created plenty of entertainment. There is a cafe underneath and you can get discount for drinks and food

They have a lovely cafe downstairs

• 4th Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Santiago Guesthouse was really close to many nice locations, for example Kyomizu Temple. The staff was very nice, the beds comfortable and warm and everything was very clean. Amazing for the price! The cafe right downstairs was also great, especially since it was raining the next morning of our stay. Will definitely come back!

• 3rd Dec 2014

I am so disappointed that Santiago Hostel thinks it's OK to let everyone in the rooms freeze! They have a lame sign that says the thermostat is set so everyone is comfortable well I can tell you that's NOT true. Every single person in my room complained it was FREEZING and the desk was already closed so no one could help us. Stop cutting costs by leaving your guests extremely uncomfortable!! The staff was really nice and accommodating so I feel bad leaving a poor review and it's super clean!

Wifi didn't work for the 1st 2 days of my stay on both of my devices. It can be connected but the IP became "self-assigned" which means it need to be reset. Tried to ask staff for help but they refused to as they claimed that this sometimes happens and no one was complaining and since my devices showed that they're connected to the wifi so it was not their problem. I noticed that some of the travellers also encountered the same problem but got the same answers. Wifi finally works on the last day

位置很適合早上6時前往清水寺的人,去衹園/八坂神社也很方便。沒有升降機是唯一缺點的地方。若被分配住高樓層又拿着重行李,要有爬幾層樓梯的心理準備。另外,因為樓底高,上層雙層床沒有保護欄的情況下,感覺不安全……

Thank you for sorting me out with a room on the very busy holiday weekend, when i made a big error in booking my an incompatible dorm room. Very helpful!

• 22nd Nov 2014

Not enough showers, uncomfortable bunks and really noisy dorm rooms.

I first utilized this type of hostel. Location is very convenient, and staff was very kind. I `m going to use this hostel next time when visiting in Kyoto. Thank you.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The hostel was very nice and neat. It has a bar with good drinks which is cool but is closes very early (9-10PM) so there isn’t that much ambiance. Staff is very nice and helpful: we went out with them every night of our stay!

Not bad. Great friendly staff. It was nice to speak to someone in french. Took a group of us out for noodles then drinks afterwards. A bit on the pricier end of hostels but it was busy for a reason. Great location, super convenient for tourists.

Fantastic stay! Cosy beds, a busy location (15m bus from Kyoto Station and 5m to Gion), and the bar and cafe downstairs with discounts for guests. Most importantly, incredible staff that bent over backwards to help me at all times, such as calling other hostels, extending my stay during the busy holiday season, and helping to find other accomodation at the last minute when I really needed it. Couldn`t be happier, thank you to Masa, Annie, Fanny and the rest of the staff!

• 20th Nov 2014

An okay hostel - good location, the staff was friendly, and facilities were good. I stayed in a large 16-bed room, and though there was a curtain, there wasn't as much a feeling of privacy as I'd have liked. Not a great feel-good vibe in the room or common area.

It's located right next to one of the buissiest intersections in Kyoto. It was hard to get a good nights sleep. Not clean. Their laundry "room" was on the top floor with a very very bad dryer. There wasn't a kitchen or lounge area. Very pricy for a bad experience.

Location is very good "kyomizudera", so I guess this is why the price is above other Guesthouse... But for me there is no guesthouse feeling.... More like a very cheap hotel with dorms.... Most of Guesthouse are warm, ambiance is very nice... people are nice... Staff is friendly... This place was cold... customers were really noisy... poor manner... The staff was... not friendly... it is business like an Hotel... So it gives the vibes of a poor Hotel... Not a Guesthouse... Bad memory...

It is easy to stay this hotel for foreigners. But I think that sometimes the bar is too early to close.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4