Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Had a lovely stay at this hostel, beds were big and relatively comfortable, small common area but still met fellow backpackers and went for dinner. Had problems with the internet on my first night which was annoying, but otherwise, very clean, good location, and would stay again :)

Very good location.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

I I've your hostel, it's the the best I've ever stayed in, keep p with the amazing work, I love your stuff building and caffe

An OK place if you just need somewhere to lay your head. The beds are decent and the blackout curtains are nice. Other than that, this place needs a lot of improvement. They seem to have a lot of temp help from foreigners. Their idea of cleaning is vacuuming and washing sheets, but the showers need help. There is mold in the crevices and the vents are stuffed with dust. You have to push a nob every literal 5 seconds for water in the shower. Their "kitchen" is a microwave and a few cups.

• 8th Jun 2015

Pretty decent hostel, with the exception of the showers which were ridiculously tiny. Other than that everything was new and the bed was spacious and comfy with own outlet and light.

I really missed some social activities like walking/cycling tours or a pub crawl to engage the guests. The hostel was clean and I love that each bed has power points and a locker but the shower cabins are tiny. Also I was annoyed that there's no kitchen and we were kinda forced to eat out.

Good value for the money!!! Only down side was the lack of a kitchen and the fact that there only were showers at the reception!

The outlet in my bed didn't work, which was really annoying, but other than that, everything was great!

• 20th May 2015

I really love this hostel. Staff was so kind,and hostel was so beautiful. I definitely comeback when I visit kyoto!!! Thank you for everything.

Good location, nice staff and easy to access from Kyoto station. I enjoyed my stay!!

• 19th May 2015
  • Spain

Nice lounge with spare computers to do work. The shower can become cold at times when I expect it to be hot, but I've experienced that in some other Japan hostels as well. So not sure if it's cause of the hostel or the region. Bus stops available nearby. Friendly staff.

The staff is absolutely wonderful, kind and very helpful. We loved the modern design of facilities and the cafe downstairs. Hope to come back soon!

• 15th May 2015
  • Poland

Good hostel in a great location. Very helpful staff and clean, comfortable facilities. Not much to cook with but enough to get a meal warmed up and have some hot water.

Friendly stuff, but not too much of local knowledge. There is a cool & relaxing coffee shop dwnstairs.not enough showers. Beds was spacious. Little bit street noise if your bed is close to window. Good location with easy access by kyoto bus route.Good wifi coverage in all floors. I would recommend it for short visit to kyoto.

Staff: I loved the staff members, they were all so sweet, chatty and helpful. And it was a good idea having staff members from all over the world, because then they were travelling and exploring the world just like yourself! :) Cleanliness: Could have been better. With so many people staying, the hostel (specially the bathroom and toilets) should've been cleaned more often than just once a day. The bathroom was disguting and full of dirt, hair, trash and often pee on the floor :(

Very friendly staff, perfect location. Also great idea with map and interesting places, WiFi and free to use computers. Although I did not use rental bike, I think it is good idea (specially if someone do not have much time). Really thanks for having such a good times.

• 5th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great vibes and very nice looking. Staff are really friendly! Very close to a popular temple and 10 mins from the river.

I love their custom made beds, they were sturdy and the curtains, plugs, and light all inside each bunk is an excellent touch. Hostel was spotless and everyone was nice. It lacked the backpacker vibe, the common space is not used much, no one was really hanging out and chatting. The wifi was free and fantastic, cafe downstairs was good, & overall I'd likely stay here again. Drawbacks: you have to bus most everywhere, it's on a loud corner so lots of traffic noise below, daytime lockout is lame.

This hostel is in an outstanding location nearby such famous temples as Kiyomizu-dera and Sanjusangendo. It's probably the best-located hostel in town, and very reasonable in price. The owner, Masa, is a very generous and thoughtful person. He did everything to make out stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Kyoto.

Atmosphere in the dorm room was muted,the curtailed beds gave privacy,but restricted chat,otherwise atmosphere was calm and friendly 're security,everybody had a locker,which was excellent,and only the entrance off the cafe downstairs was a little open, if the person at reception was called away,which didn't happen in my presence.

« first « Prev 1 2 3