Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The outlet in my bed didn't work, which was really annoying, but other than that, everything was great!

• 20th May 2015

I really love this hostel. Staff was so kind,and hostel was so beautiful. I definitely comeback when I visit kyoto!!! Thank you for everything.

The staff is absolutely wonderful, kind and very helpful. We loved the modern design of facilities and the cafe downstairs. Hope to come back soon!

• 15th May 2015
  • Poland

Friendly stuff, but not too much of local knowledge. There is a cool & relaxing coffee shop dwnstairs.not enough showers. Beds was spacious. Little bit street noise if your bed is close to window. Good location with easy access by kyoto bus route.Good wifi coverage in all floors. I would recommend it for short visit to kyoto.

Staff: I loved the staff members, they were all so sweet, chatty and helpful. And it was a good idea having staff members from all over the world, because then they were travelling and exploring the world just like yourself! :) Cleanliness: Could have been better. With so many people staying, the hostel (specially the bathroom and toilets) should've been cleaned more often than just once a day. The bathroom was disguting and full of dirt, hair, trash and often pee on the floor :(

Very friendly staff, perfect location. Also great idea with map and interesting places, WiFi and free to use computers. Although I did not use rental bike, I think it is good idea (specially if someone do not have much time). Really thanks for having such a good times.

• 5th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great vibes and very nice looking. Staff are really friendly! Very close to a popular temple and 10 mins from the river.

I love their custom made beds, they were sturdy and the curtains, plugs, and light all inside each bunk is an excellent touch. Hostel was spotless and everyone was nice. It lacked the backpacker vibe, the common space is not used much, no one was really hanging out and chatting. The wifi was free and fantastic, cafe downstairs was good, & overall I'd likely stay here again. Drawbacks: you have to bus most everywhere, it's on a loud corner so lots of traffic noise below, daytime lockout is lame.

This hostel is in an outstanding location nearby such famous temples as Kiyomizu-dera and Sanjusangendo. It's probably the best-located hostel in town, and very reasonable in price. The owner, Masa, is a very generous and thoughtful person. He did everything to make out stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Kyoto.

Atmosphere in the dorm room was muted,the curtailed beds gave privacy,but restricted chat,otherwise atmosphere was calm and friendly 're security,everybody had a locker,which was excellent,and only the entrance off the cafe downstairs was a little open, if the person at reception was called away,which didn't happen in my presence.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! Thanks for everything!

• 28th Apr 2015

This hostel is great, nice and clean everything is pretty new. The beds have curtains nice for privacy and plug sockets. The location is good and the staff are great. The two major let downs are that the noise from the road can be quite bad at night as the windows are only single glazed. There also isn't a kitchen so we had to borrow bowls from the cafe downstairs which was a bit awkward. They do have a fridge and microwave but no cutlery etc. which is a shame.

It was very nice to stayed in santiago. They were very kind n helpfull, the dorm was clean like the described. We could left the luggage in Santiago while we travelled in kyoto. The place was strategic position, we could reached it by train or bus. It was near the temple in Gion, so we could find them on foot. Please changed the refrigerator, so we could left the testimony more clearly. LOL Someday we hope to come back again to stay in Santiago Guesthouse while visiting Kyoto.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

The staff were so helpful and nice. The hostel was clean and had a very easy feel about it, and it was pretty centrally located to most of the attractions or at least within a short bus or train ride away. Fantastic stay!

• 18th Apr 2015

The facilities were sometimes a bit dirty. I blame the other guests for this.

This hostel was pretty good, but not the greatest area for exploring Kyoto. I would have preferred to stay more centrally but there was no room. Small common area meant there was only space for 3 or 4 people to sit at once, but nice showers and helpful staff.

The staff is super nice! It's far from restaurants and shops. They have a bar downstairs, should improve the kitchen

Exactly what we needed it for. Didn't spend much time in the hostel itself but easy public transport links, easy walk to food and drinks, and good nights sleep.

• 5th Apr 2015

Loved my stay here. You are right across the street from a cool temple and it's easy to walk to many of the best tourist areas in the western part of the city. Walk to the subway takes 5 minutes. Masa is a fun guy and if you get the chance I encourage you to go out for food and drinks with him. My only gripe is that showers are limited and you have to walk down a few flights of stairs for showers and sinks.

There's very little to complain about. The location is pretty central to many interesting areas, the staff was friendly enough, and the facilities are clean. Other hostels and guesthouses were a little more inviting/entertaining in the evenings, but that wasn't a big deal as I was usually out exploring at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3