Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Santiago's was a great place to stay in Kyoto, very close to narishyama and Gion to see the temples and all Kyoto has to offer. The owner and staff are excellent people that are excited to show you a good time in Kyoto. The only downfall is the top bunks do not have a safety rail which made me nervous, but the beds are big enough to snuggle with the wall and still have a little room to move around.

Great place to stay; excellent location, wonderful staff, sense of communal interactions, etc. Only issue is that the 'luggage room' isn't ever locked, and the only locked luggage room apparently isn't accessible to most people, because only a few employees have keys. So security did make me nervous (though Japan in general is very safe)

Good showers and toilets but lacked a kitchen (it has a microwave and a fridge and that's all) and tourist travel information eg local bus info, their own map showing recommended eateries to try local cuisine, info for travelling to/from Kyoto etc. Security was poor because you could walk straight in off the street and into any one of the rooms if they were unlocked - no separate security entrance between the cafe (presumably owned by the same people and located at street level) and the hostel.

Great place. I would stay here again.

This is the first hostel I visited during my Japan trip, and the best so far (I went to 2 other ones). Everything seems to be well thought out. The beds have curtains for privacy and rooms have adequate space for moving around. Each bed has two outlets for charging electronics. The place is clean and in a quiet area. Staff are friendly and helpful. It has its own cafe on the 1st floor. The only difficulty is the location. You'll need to take the bus if you want to go to Kyoto station.

I stayed at a lot of nice hostels, but at this one it felt like staying with friends. Very nice owners and staff, nice location and everything is new and clean. I highly recommend to stay here!

Really good value for money with a decent location. I would recommend. I stayed here three nights though and didn't really meet anyone.

Good hostel with spacious dorms and comfortable beds. Walking distance to the centre. The only minus is shared bathroom for both genders. Staff were very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my stay there.

Lovely staff and they all seem very inviting. The location is great walking distance to many tourist sites like temples, shrines, and parks especially quite close to Kyoto station. Washrooms could be cleaner but overall, this hostel is worth staying at.

Nice friendly hostel with good location to get the buses. Felt safe at all times and staff are helpful. Lack of Kitchen and cooking facilities was disappointing considering for same price you can find hostels with well equipped kitchens.

wow, a different class of hostel! these guys take extra care to make you feel at home. free internet computers are helpful; right next to some of kyoto's most interesting bits :) the staff are very friendly and kind and organized some little parties and events for us while we were there too!

Everything was good here, the café below the hostel its very cute and the instalations are good too. ✌️

We stayed in the dormitory part, but with the curtains we still had some privacy, so it is a really good thing. I appreciated the fact that we had secured lockers to keep our valuables. Moreover, the staff is really nice and gave us some advice concerning the places to visit in Kyoto. It was possible to buy the bus one-day ticket directly from them, so it was really convenient.

The rooms are big and clean and the location good for visiting around. Although, there is no kitchen nor a big common room (just a computer room)

Amazing staff!!!! Thanks to them It really felt like our home in Kyoto.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Israel

They have the most comfortable bunk bed I've ever slept in. And staff there were quite helpful as well. The location is not very ideal for party people as there are not much going on in the neighborhood after dark.

Santiago is far better than how I expected it to be. The location is great. The atmosphere of tranquility there makes walking in the morning such an enjoyment. The staff there are so helpful and caring. I do love the facet that there's a curtain for each bed so that one could still have a little privacy while sharing a room with others. And the environment is overall clean and comfortable. Santiago is definitely a place that I'd like to recommend to my friends and to visit again.

sorry, but a microwave and a keetle do not fit the average tourists idea of good facilites. Not every one is a great fan of fast food, even if you are in Japan .

A good place to stay in Kyoto, well located (10-15min by foot from Gion). The staff was pretty nice, especially the Australian girl, they give many information about the city, free lockers, possibility to leave your luggages before check-in and after check-out. Nothing really amazing to say but the price was really low, which makes the address a very good deal! I wouldn't stay there for a whole week in a row but for just 2 or 3, it's perfect!

I really enjoyed my stay here = the owner is super nice and I wish I had more time to talk to him. This place made me fall in love with Japan even more and I hope in the future I can come and work for you guys in the summer ! Tania (The Iranian girl) =p haha Arigato Gozaimas !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4