Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Fantastic stay! Cosy beds, a busy location (15m bus from Kyoto Station and 5m to Gion), and the bar and cafe downstairs with discounts for guests. Most importantly, incredible staff that bent over backwards to help me at all times, such as calling other hostels, extending my stay during the busy holiday season, and helping to find other accomodation at the last minute when I really needed it. Couldn`t be happier, thank you to Masa, Annie, Fanny and the rest of the staff!

• 20th Nov 2014

An okay hostel - good location, the staff was friendly, and facilities were good. I stayed in a large 16-bed room, and though there was a curtain, there wasn't as much a feeling of privacy as I'd have liked. Not a great feel-good vibe in the room or common area.

It's located right next to one of the buissiest intersections in Kyoto. It was hard to get a good nights sleep. Not clean. Their laundry "room" was on the top floor with a very very bad dryer. There wasn't a kitchen or lounge area. Very pricy for a bad experience.

Location is very good "kyomizudera", so I guess this is why the price is above other Guesthouse... But for me there is no guesthouse feeling.... More like a very cheap hotel with dorms.... Most of Guesthouse are warm, ambiance is very nice... people are nice... Staff is friendly... This place was cold... customers were really noisy... poor manner... The staff was... not friendly... it is business like an Hotel... So it gives the vibes of a poor Hotel... Not a Guesthouse... Bad memory...

It is easy to stay this hotel for foreigners. But I think that sometimes the bar is too early to close.

Stuffs are very nice, friendly and kind. I had really great time there. Whenever I go to Kyoto, definitely I will stay there.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Really good location but no kitchen or lounge area. Only had dorms on 3 floors with only 2 toilets on each floor but the showers were on the ground floor next to reception area.

I really had a good experience in Santiago Gesthouse! The workers of the hostel are friendly and they try to help you in everything. The people is so nice and talkactive.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The staff were lovely and the hostel was very clean, convenient and easy. The only downside was that the beds were very uncomfortable, foam matress on slats. I would have given a perfect score otherwise.

• 6th Nov 2014

A wonderful one night stay, that's what I experienced at the Santiago Cafe. I reserved a capsule for one night but later my friends to joined with me to stay there. The Owner of the cafe Mr. Mase gave us discounted price as well as a private bedroom for the same price. This place is highly recommended for Kyoto vistiors.... You will have extra fun there

• 4th Nov 2014
  • India

Very nice place, however it may be a bit far from the city center and other attractions.

Good hostel, no kitchen, but it's OK. Clean rooms, average location, not perfect to walk around famous attractions, but close of bus stops and subway station. I recommend this hostel.

Place is great, location is good, and bunks are terrific. Bathrooms were a little untidy. The cafe was always empty, and the lack of a decent common room is a problem.

The guesthouse is highly great located ! Really close to temples It's a modern guesthouse with everything you need. The staff is nice. We met travellers and nice backpackers. I highly recommend this guesthouse !!!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Clean rooms, great staffs, recommended for everyone who visit Kyoto!!!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Macau

Great place to stay in Kyoto. Dorms are very private and beds are very comfortable. Recommended.

The dorms are a good size...but there is no social area. I just moved to khaosan guesthouse and to my surprise they have a huge lounge area...free coffee and tea...much more comfortable. After a full day outside you need a place to sit...santiago huesthouse needs to get rid of the coffee shop down stairs and upgrade their hotel by putting in a relax zone

Great location and friendly staff.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Our stay was perfect at Santiago!! And plus, masha the bartender was very nice, the bar was also very cool and cocktails were excellent !!

• 8th Oct 2014

I would really recommend staying at the share house near the hostel. The traditional style Japanese rooms are comfortable and offer more privacy the hostel but you'll have a great stay at either. The staff are great. They have very good english, are friendly and exceptionally helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4