Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Big and comfortable dormitories, English speaking staff very kind and helpful. Toilets and showers clean.

Very near a bus stop and kiyomizudera, friendly and cute staff working there (even helped me with a discount for the pottery they help sell), the room is quite cosy but stil spacious, they have a nice bar downstairs where u get discount as a customer and stylish interior. Cons: laggy internet, lockers quite small, better breakfast options would be great. Price is relatively high, not a lot of showers. All in all, would definitely recommend!

Very good hostel, Quite a long way from main station if you have brought too much stuff with you! no cooking facilities.

decent hostel with nice cafe below it a little walk to subway but easier to find than some hostels in kyoto

Its really clean and the location is great

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

The 12 al female do was surprisingly comfortable. Didn't like the fact there were only 4 showers two floors below. Don't eat in the cafe, too expensive despite discount!

I would recommend staying at this guesthouse. When I first checked in they gave me a bus and city map (both very useful) and even explained and marked the popular spots in Kyoto, so even though I didn't know much about Kyoto I knew exactly where to go. The facilities had a Japanese touch and feel to it which really added to the experience as well. The first floor is a really nice cafe so Id just have to walk downstairs if I was hungry for a quick snack. I would come back again!

• 31st Mar 2014

Great location right near an express bus stop and Kiyomizu-dera/Higashiyama shopping area (and only 20-30 minute walk to Kyoto Station)! Plenty of late night food places open nearby, and the staff gave great directions to them. Really nice bunk beds with a nice reading light, shelf area and curtains. Decent-sized lockers with personalized combination locks located outside the room were perfect for storing valuables! Everyone is doing their own thing though...not very social.

This was a great place to stay. Friendly staff, great facilities and discounts at the cafe/bar downstairs is a bonus

Amazing hostel, and I've been to a few. It's so light, clean and had a great atmosphere. Toilets and showers are completely private too which made a nice change. Beds are comfy and the staff are so nice. Even got free food and drink one night! Cracking place, would gladly stay again.

I stay only 1 night. This hostel have nothing very bad: good location, staff friendly and helpfull, clean, bed in the dorm spacious. But for the price I found so much cheapest hostel with better facilites like a real kitchen (in this hostel there is only a microwave, some plastic cup, so no very appyling to eat there).

Best hostel i've stayed so far on my five-month-trip. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They have really good bunkbeds which give you privatsphere through their curtains and are so constructed that you almost don't recognize the person who is sleeping above or below you. I loved the beautiful Café on the first floor. And the location is great because it's close to the famous district gion.

Fantastic hostel, probably best I've been to so far. We couldn't believe it was that cheap, it feels more like a hotel. Big beds and very clean facilities.

Super new and clean !!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Japan

I've spent a wonderful time in this hostel! Very good location and a great atmosphere, the staff is super friendly and always ready to help! The rooms are modern, very clean and comfortable! I absolutely loved my stay there, if I go back to Kyoto, I'll book it again!

• 3rd Mar 2014

スタッフさんの対応が優しくて丁寧でよかったです! 内装もキレイで快適でした。

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Japan

Perfect stay!

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Lithuania

This hostel is cheap, yet clean! I've stayed in other hostels in Kyoto but this one has been the best by far. I love the way that it's so simple in its lines and so quiet, away from all the noise and the crowds, and yet is within walking distance to all the central sights. The owners work in the hostel themselves, so any issues that arise are resolved quickly. They even took some of us staying in the hostel out for a drink with their friends! I highly recommend this place!

• 24th Feb 2014

Great location It In is in the middle of hot spot of Kyoto Good access from Kyoto station Clean and cozy kind and friendly staffs what else?

• 16th Feb 2014