Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

6-503 Gojohashi Higashi, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

it's good, clean, and kind!

I stayed in two hostels during my time in Kyoto and this was the inferior one. It's stationed in the south-east of the city and is on a few bus lines though I found myself having to catch two buses to get to the destinations I wanted to go to. The common area isn't that big, though I sat in the Santiago bar downstairs sometimes. Even with a discount, the food is expensive there. Each bed is curtained off and has its own light and electrical socket - made it feel very private!

Really wonderful hostel. The rooms have nice curtains allowing you to sleep while others are awake or it's light out. The common room is very nice, and the restaurant below is awesome to hang out in. The owners/hosts are all really friendly and take good care of you. Masa is an awesome guy -- definitely talk to him if you can!

Loved it. My friend stayed in another hostel, but she would come over to chill out with me and the staff for the two nights we were in Kyoto. We even came back to say our final goodbyes on our return to Kyoto (even though we stayed in another hostel). We are definitely grateful for their warmth and for making our stay in Kyoto a truly memorable experience.

Very kind staff. Perfect location. Tiny shower room as almost japan's hostel. Ill definitely stay Santiago in Kyoto.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel was amazing. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone travelling to Kyoto.

Internet was often not working. Showers are a bit small but the staff makes up for it! Great vibe and they are very helpfull! atmosphere is good but the common room is quit small

Well located in Kyoto, 10 minutes walk south of gion. There is no kitchen in the hostel... It is very noisy because the hostel is located on a big traffic area, not very nice. The bathrooms weren't clean at all, it made me want to keep my shoes on!! Internet wifi problems too, very regularly.

Clean and nice hostel just a few meters from a bus station that will let you depart for the main attractions of the city. Cozy and well furnished, I would highly recommend it.

Really enjoyed my time at the place, everybody was very friendly and i was able to meet a lot of good people but not necessarly because of the way travellers can assemble. The dorm are very well thought, you feel like getting a good rest in them which is at the end one of the most important point. I heard some people stayed there for more than two years ! You can t go wrong with that.

Can't recommend this place highly enough. We stayed here for 7 nights and had a fantastic time! Clean, friendly, secure. This was certainly the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Santiago's was a great place to stay in Kyoto, very close to narishyama and Gion to see the temples and all Kyoto has to offer. The owner and staff are excellent people that are excited to show you a good time in Kyoto. The only downfall is the top bunks do not have a safety rail which made me nervous, but the beds are big enough to snuggle with the wall and still have a little room to move around.

Nice staff... Great location Hope can provide one more washing machine and dryer as it's always in use It's just a suggestion, haha

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Great place to stay; excellent location, wonderful staff, sense of communal interactions, etc. Only issue is that the 'luggage room' isn't ever locked, and the only locked luggage room apparently isn't accessible to most people, because only a few employees have keys. So security did make me nervous (though Japan in general is very safe)

Good showers and toilets but lacked a kitchen (it has a microwave and a fridge and that's all) and tourist travel information eg local bus info, their own map showing recommended eateries to try local cuisine, info for travelling to/from Kyoto etc. Security was poor because you could walk straight in off the street and into any one of the rooms if they were unlocked - no separate security entrance between the cafe (presumably owned by the same people and located at street level) and the hostel.

Pretty quite I'll say....

Great place. I would stay here again.

If you're looking to meet people and have a good time, this is a great hostel to stay in! Staff is very friendly and is willing to go the extra mile to help you out! Location is decent, not really close to the main downtown areas, but not a bad walking distance either, and bus stop is close. Facilities are clean, no complaints.

This is the first hostel I visited during my Japan trip, and the best so far (I went to 2 other ones). Everything seems to be well thought out. The beds have curtains for privacy and rooms have adequate space for moving around. Each bed has two outlets for charging electronics. The place is clean and in a quiet area. Staff are friendly and helpful. It has its own cafe on the 1st floor. The only difficulty is the location. You'll need to take the bus if you want to go to Kyoto station.

I stayed at a lot of nice hostels, but at this one it felt like staying with friends. Very nice owners and staff, nice location and everything is new and clean. I highly recommend to stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4