Sao Paulo Global Hostel Reviews

Rua E�a de Queiroz 560 - Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Went during winter for the World Cup and my room was a bit on the chilly side but rooms were cozy and the place was more of a home than a hostel, dorm feel so I enjoyed it! Staff was super friendly and are willing to go out and roam the town with you. Breakfast was not included during my stay but this place is close to shops and the metro nearby to grab anything you want. Markets right in front on Wednesdays!

Good location close to the subway. Safe area.

I had a great time staying at Sao Paulo Global Hostel. The staff were very friendly. They gave me a warm welcome when I arrived, and were able to give me great advice on things to do and see in Sao Paulo. I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

The hostel staff are great and know their stuff, they are friendly and helpful, the hostel is small which makes a great place hang out with people, it could better signaling the outside as easy to mudra walk it, but overall, one of the best

Really great hostel with friendly staff a few metro stops away from the centre of Sao Paulo. Really easy to meet people with a great location close to Paraíso metro station. My only complaint would be that the showers weren't very hot but this could happen in any hostel.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

friendly staff but the owner doesn't know how to run a business. there website says that they offer complimentary breakfast and fruit basket...all they had was black coffee....i could give another 5-6 examples similar to this. not a good experience at all. DO NOT BOOK!

Dear guest, what you mean apparently we bribe guets for reviews? Did we bribe you or did you see us doing it? That's a lie and i'm very upset because you don't know how much this harm us =/ Also there is no place anywhere that we advertise brekfast. We do have free fruits all day long but we cannot replace them every day and sometimes people eat more than what we suggest of 02 fruits per person.

Lucky to find a room during World Cup. The building was very secure and 24 hour staff was helpful. Close to metro and main tourist sights.

The staff were awesome! The atmosphere was fun, and the facilities were solid

Awsome hostel with pleasure common areas! Big screen for movies and football games - wish id stay for the world cup! Spacius rooms and good kitchen with nearby supermarket.

• 4th May 2014

Great atmosphere, easy to meet people, very helpfull staff. Dowtown area near metro.

• 4th May 2014

The hostel is close to a metro station, but you've to walk uphill around six blocks to get there. I wouldn't recommend it to a person who's travelling with a heavy backpack.

This is a great hostel, those who stayed there during the same time as me agreed (and none of us were offered drinks for our reviews). I was actually almost convinced not to stay there because of that one negative review someone left recently -- but I'm glad I wasn't. I've stayed in MANY hostels before. This hostel is clean, has good facilities, but most importantly it has great social spaces that encourage people to meet and hang out, I made friends right away. Thanks for a great stay.

Had a great stay in Global Hostel! Lovely staff and we met so many nice people! The hostel has a pleasant atmosphere that makes you fell very confortable and chill! 06 bed mixed dorm is spacius with big lockers! The toilets are allright! Hot showers, fast internet, free fruits and 02 pillows =) Very easy to reach the main attractions of the city, the metro is 10minutes away and we also walked to the main park (around 10 minutes too). We recommend it!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Best Atmosphere in a hostel ever! We have spent 05 days there and they organized a Caipirinha Night and an incredible live concert with brazilian music! It was really amazing, private brazilian guitar show! Easy to meet people - there is a huge couch in the living room where everyone stays! The Staff is very very helpull, bough us bus tickets, suggested nice tours around the city and in brazil! We stayed in the 8bed and we recommend it! The toilet is quite big and clean! Great value!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for you review Eva! We are glad that you liked our events and your stay with us! We always try our best to make everyone satisfied! Hope to see you again!

While the hostel was ok, it was probably a 50% rather than the crazy high 90% it has on the site. One of the other reviewers was right, the hostel gives free drinks for good reviews which is why it's so high. The hostel location is not that great, its just a small house that was converted into a hostel and feels very cramped. The people there were nice and friendly, but the reviews made it sound much more social than it was. The one thing I will say is that the staff were very helpful

Location is okay, but 15 minute walk uphill to the subway. Not good that breakfast isn't included and the free fruit is only for as long as it lasts.. It gets bought on a weds and not topped up until the following weds. No aircon in the rooms. Nice lounge area and clean bathrooms. Okay hostel for a short stay.

Filthy dishes piled up in the kitchen, cockroaches EVERYWHERE, bare white walls in dimly-lit rooms.

HI Guys! We apoligize for the dishes in the kitchen, as you may know in the day you arrived we had a big music event which everyone had so much fun so in the end of the night when u arrived there was dishes to be done, but later on our staff cleaned up everything. In ordinary days our kitchen is impeccable and the maids clean it 3x per day. As of cockroaches we do hire formigation/extermination services once every 03 months but more as a precaution because they rarely show up.

Best atmosphere ever, I liked the common area a lot and the staff was great too!

Nothing wrong with this place at all, but it wouldn't be my first choice in Sao Paulo. Although the facilities are excellent, I don't really like TVs/DVD players in hostels, and I wouldn't know what to do in a gym ! I would have preferred a bar and music and a bigger kitchen - just a matter of personal taste. Friendly staff and a good area.

We stayd here for three nights and it was amazing! The staff is very nice and helpful. The owner showed us around in São Paulo and he really made sure that we had everything we needed. Have stayd at many different hostels and this a really good one. Can truly recommend it :)

• 16th Feb 2014