Sao Paulo Global Hostel Reviews

Rua E�a de Queiroz 560 - Vila Mariana, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This is a great hostel, those who stayed there during the same time as me agreed (and none of us were offered drinks for our reviews). I was actually almost convinced not to stay there because of that one negative review someone left recently -- but I'm glad I wasn't. I've stayed in MANY hostels before. This hostel is clean, has good facilities, but most importantly it has great social spaces that encourage people to meet and hang out, I made friends right away. Thanks for a great stay.

Had a great stay in Global Hostel! Lovely staff and we met so many nice people! The hostel has a pleasant atmosphere that makes you fell very confortable and chill! 06 bed mixed dorm is spacius with big lockers! The toilets are allright! Hot showers, fast internet, free fruits and 02 pillows =) Very easy to reach the main attractions of the city, the metro is 10minutes away and we also walked to the main park (around 10 minutes too). We recommend it!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Best Atmosphere in a hostel ever! We have spent 05 days there and they organized a Caipirinha Night and an incredible live concert with brazilian music! It was really amazing, private brazilian guitar show! Easy to meet people - there is a huge couch in the living room where everyone stays! The Staff is very very helpull, bough us bus tickets, suggested nice tours around the city and in brazil! We stayed in the 8bed and we recommend it! The toilet is quite big and clean! Great value!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for you review Eva! We are glad that you liked our events and your stay with us! We always try our best to make everyone satisfied! Hope to see you again!

While the hostel was ok, it was probably a 50% rather than the crazy high 90% it has on the site. One of the other reviewers was right, the hostel gives free drinks for good reviews which is why it's so high. The hostel location is not that great, its just a small house that was converted into a hostel and feels very cramped. The people there were nice and friendly, but the reviews made it sound much more social than it was. The one thing I will say is that the staff were very helpful

Location is okay, but 15 minute walk uphill to the subway. Not good that breakfast isn't included and the free fruit is only for as long as it lasts.. It gets bought on a weds and not topped up until the following weds. No aircon in the rooms. Nice lounge area and clean bathrooms. Okay hostel for a short stay.

Filthy dishes piled up in the kitchen, cockroaches EVERYWHERE, bare white walls in dimly-lit rooms.

HI Guys! We apoligize for the dishes in the kitchen, as you may know in the day you arrived we had a big music event which everyone had so much fun so in the end of the night when u arrived there was dishes to be done, but later on our staff cleaned up everything. In ordinary days our kitchen is impeccable and the maids clean it 3x per day. As of cockroaches we do hire formigation/extermination services once every 03 months but more as a precaution because they rarely show up.

Best atmosphere ever, I liked the common area a lot and the staff was great too!

Nothing wrong with this place at all, but it wouldn't be my first choice in Sao Paulo. Although the facilities are excellent, I don't really like TVs/DVD players in hostels, and I wouldn't know what to do in a gym ! I would have preferred a bar and music and a bigger kitchen - just a matter of personal taste. Friendly staff and a good area.

We stayd here for three nights and it was amazing! The staff is very nice and helpful. The owner showed us around in São Paulo and he really made sure that we had everything we needed. Have stayd at many different hostels and this a really good one. Can truly recommend it :)

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Great hostel, nice staff. They even got a small gym! The only flaw, there's no breakfast included.

Fun Hostel and Staff! Ive stayed from Wednesday to Monday and me and the guests went out almost everynight! It's very easy to meet everyone in Global Hostel, felt at home#great atmosphere# thks guys!

• Norway

The Hostel is clean and organized. Helpfull Staff. Best Stay in Brazil so far.

• Portugal

Nice hostel with good services - good value for money. good located near the Metro, Ibirapuera Park and Paulsita Avenue...on wednesdays there are a street market right in the front it selling very cheap fruits and vegetables! The beds are very confortable with two beds and a big lockers underneath. We have spoken to the owner that helped us a lot and said that the hostel has been renovated 02 months ago, it is really a place with a good atmosphere. We felt like home.

• Spain

I had a great stay at Global Hostel! I recommend to any traveller. There are cool common areas where everybody is always together and the rooms, kitchen and toilets are ok! The staff speaks perfect english and is very helpfull. In Sao Paulo I think that's the best option (i've visited 02 others)...

• Lebanon

People get free drinks if they leave a good note. The truth is: + Nice and helpful owner (if he is around) + beamer + movies + WIFI, best of south america so far - at least 15 min walk from the metro (on your way back it's uphill!) check googlemaps! - there is no supermarket nearby. There is a very small budget SMt about 10 walk and they have nothing (veggies, drinks, cheese) - kitchen is a mess - lots of ppl live in the hostel - sheets are old

Thanks for your review! Actually we are 07 minutes walking from the metro! The kitchen is cleaned it 03 times per day but it's still impossible to maintain organized all the time since everybody is using all day long. There are 05 supermarkets within 10 minutes walking from here, you maybe just did not got the right info about them! We no longer give free drinks for reviews, this promo was finished more than one year ago. Hope to see u again! Cheers!

I spent new years eve at the hostel and it was really fun! Thanks for the staff that every night organized fun events for everyone such as caipirinha nights, theme parties and movie night! Beautiful hostel by the way.

• 27th Dec 2013

Hostel with good services and very easy to meet people!

• 27th Dec 2013

I highly recommend Global Hostel for any traveller! Hostel was totally renovated - great facilities like cinema room, gym, spacius rooms, clean kitchen and toilets! Staff was very very helpful - Class A Hostel!

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

I Had an anwsome stay in Global Hostel! People were very friendly and we had so much fun! I recommend the 08 bed insuite room, the toilet is very big and clean and the beds are very confortable! They give you 02 pillows for each bed! It's definetly the best one i' ve stayed in Brazil.

Excellent hostel with grat services and fun staff!