Sea View Sandakan Budget & Backpackers Hotel Reviews

Lot 126, Phase 1E, Block HS14, Harbor Square, Sandakan, Malaysia

We spent such a good time in that hostel, the staff is wonderful, abdul rasak was our guide for a few trips, he is very friendly from the beginner, he suggest us where eating drinking how to get buses and everything.. Nabistul as well she is so friendly and helpfull, when we arrivede she offered to us tea with banana fried, she give to me a massage for free cos i was sick and we enjoyed with her the night in the living room singing and playing guitar with other people! She loves music!!

• 5th Apr 2014

Nabistul was a great host and was super friendly. She made sure that she knew everybody by name and was able to tailor make tour packages for individuals / groups to their needs. You recieve a free weclome drink and banan fritters so you were made to feel at home straight away. The lemongrass cafe on the 3rd floor was amazing and served such delicious food. Including pancakes for breakfast :) My only critisims would be - a broom would be nice to have been swept around the bedrooms.

Hello, I am delighted to read your reviews and thanks for appreciating it. About the mess around the room is because of renovation work which is still incomplete , we stop everytime there is guest checking into that room. Anyhow the work is in steady progress. Will complete soon. Hope fully we can host you again one day.

This was a good hostel but owner a bit pushy with their tours and services including their restaurant. Their tours were not the best value and they weren't happy when myself and some others booked a kinabatangan river tour through another better value company. No toilet paper in the toilets a few times. WiFi was good though and hot showers, clean too!s and nice pancake for breakfast. Staff well meaning but found pushyness slightly off putting. Overall a good place for the price.

Very friendly helpful staff. Nice cafe upstairs for breaky in morning and to met the others staying here. Plenty of info and tours available here also.

The free breakfast of pancakes and tea/coffee is delicious. The owner is such a lovely, helpful woman.

• 4th Mar 2014

Nabistul and staff - fantastic. Very helpful and it didn't seem that anything was too much for them. Nabistul seemed to pride herself on being able to offer suggestions and advice and her cooking - fantastic. Absolutely highly recommended! Our stay was exciting and a wonderful experience.

Sea view sandakan is an amazing place to stay in Sandakan. Ideally located by the waterfront and situated right across the road from the market. The staff are world class and make you feel as if you are part of the family. If you come you must try Nabistal's signature pumpkin curry dish, there is no meal like it.

• 3rd Nov 2013

Hello, Thank you SO much for the appreciation shown through your review. I wish I could counter show my appreciation by hosting you again. I sincerely hope i have a chance one day. Thank you once again Adam

Very welcoming staff, the food is fantastic, u can rent a motorcycle if you want to, they tell you where to go. Good and nice place to stay.

Hi I really appreciate your good review. See you again, Maybe? Nabistul