Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Yep good basic no frills standard hostel. Abit old could do with some refurbishment but great location and facilities pretty good for a nice stay in waiheke.

Best hostel in Honolulu :) nice staff lovely atmosphere great position and clean.

• 21st Jul 2015

Perfect location in the middle of Waikiki! Loved how clean everything was and the price of course! However, one of the girls was very rude and the first thing she said to me was "How did you get in here?" No hello, how can help you, etc. I suggest someone trains her on manners. Other than that, great experience!

Loved the courtyard area and free waffles in the morning!

• 14th Jul 2015

I recommend the Seaside Hostel without any negative aspects. You get a clean location with a lot outdoor space and wifi to chill for low money. Two or three times a week you get Barbecue or Pasta for free. That's more than fair. Enjoy!

Hostel was good. Great location. Only problem was one staff member was really sour when we asked a few questions about Waikiki. They also came into our private room in the middle of the night to try and put someone into our room. We then argued with that staff member that we had this room to ourselves which they then continued to disagree with us until they went back to the office to check, came back and got the person checking in to go to a different room and not apologizing to us. Thanks......

• 7th Jul 2015

Great hostel in a good location with everything you need! Very helpfull staff. Mind that if you want an early sleep quiet time is 11pm and before that it can get noisy and all noise echoes from the courtyard through the rooms! No worries if you're a night owl. Thankyou!

It's a small and cosy hostel. Staff is friendly. If you would like to make friends with the hostel people this is one of the best hostel to choose from because most people gather in the backyard to drink and talk.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I had such a wonderful experience here. I as in town for a surgery and the staff and people staying there were so incredibly helpful. I would recommend this hostel over any thing in Waikiki . What a pleasant experience and an awesome location!

• 29th Jun 2015

We got room #4 & 8 because we booked thru hostel world and was told that there has been a mistake. That we need to move around instead of staying in the same room as the 1st room was reserved for another client. Was informed that this is an reoccurring problem with hostel world- double book.Both rooms has a 2 beds bunk bed but u can't use the top bed as it's extremely close to the fan. So, we end up sleeping on the lower beds. It wld be better if we can both sleep comfortably in separate beds.

• 27th Jun 2015

Great hostel! Friendly staff, love the common area, great for meeting other travelers. Only downside is the beds, they were quite uncomfortable.

• 26th Jun 2015

The private room is too small, dirty. I felt unsafe to sleep at night because there is improper window that cannot be closed properly. The share bathroom is filthy. Immediate outside my private bed room are beds of others. I hired a private room but I didn't feel private at all. The bed has a foam mattress, very uncomfortable to sleep on.

I didn't like Waikiki, but this hostel is so great. Robin is amazing and so knowledgeable. What other hostel lets you shower and use the facilities after check out time?! So great. wifi is a bit weak, but seriously, go hang on the beach and don't stay inside. Lockers in the rooms are big enough for suitcases, just bring a lock. Beds are a bit uncomfortable but whatever. Total beach vibe, so chill and awesome. You're so close to the beach too! Highly recommended, just get out of Waikiki!

I had such a fun time at Seaside! The staff and other guests were very nice and fun to be around. The common patio area was great. Thanks!!

• 14th Jun 2015

Completely amazing one of the best hostels i stayed at

Great place to stay. Loved the atmosphere.

Helpful staff and clean rooms.

• 27th May 2015

Loved our stay here! They have cute hammocks in the little court yard! We very much enjoyed hanging out during the day time here! The staff also helped guide us to local places to eat and things to do! I was nervous at first... But at the end I was so glad we staied here!! We had a all girls room that we did a private room. Only we had the keys and the bed was so comfy!! I wasn't worried about stuff being stolen or other guests being rude... Everyone was so friendly that was staying there!!

• 25th May 2015

Had such a great stay! $5 for BBQ burger night. Free use of boogie boards and beach towels. Free toast, coffee and tea for breakfast. Free spaghetti night! Stayed in a 6 bed female room that had storage lockers for each person (bring a lock or buy one at the Kwik Mart on the street for $5). Airflow was great in the room and no mosquitoes! Staff are very social and helpful for directions to places or suggestions for things to do. WiFi was best in the kitchen eating area.

This is an amazing hostel. Well located in the Waikiki area, descent facilities and wonderful staff. I stayed here for two periods during my trip around the Hawaiian islands, and this is by no doubt my favorite among all the hostels I visited. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. Bozena and Robin were the staff that worked mostly during my stays, they made my stay very nice and easy as they helped me out with concerns like laundry, breakfast & directions. Mahalo Seaside, I'll be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4