Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Really nice hostel with great and super friendly staff. Clean, good location and free breakfast (just bread and coffee/tea though!). The nights we stayed there it was a free spagetti meal one night and free waffles for breakfast the second day - really awesome! Unfortunately we didn't extend our stay in time and the hostel was fully booked, otherwise we would have loved to stay longer. Highly recommend this hostel.

The location is great in Waikiki but the rooms are very noisy. All the noise from outside can be heard inside and there aren't good curtains so the light comes inside in the morning. Also the mattresses aren't the best. So it's not really a hostel where you can get great sleep. Everything else is fine.

All staff had great attitudes and were very helpful. Free breakfast and occasional dinner goes above and beyond for budget travelling and was extremely kind. No complaints at all thank you

This was my first hostel stay and I couldn't have been more impressed. Firstly, the staff is amazing, way cool, respectful, and helpful! I stayed on one of the nice mattresses (I was in the private room with 2 beds). There was a locker to store my things (I had to get a padlock for it). Bath and beach towels were provided. Quite hours were reasonable and enforced. Atmosphere was friendly and courtyard provided an area to socialize. The kitchen is large and open 24 hrs. All was awesome!

• 25th Mar 2015

I stayed there for a week and had a really nice time! The staff was helpful, they had nice events as well. I met a bunch of cool people :) Just be aware that you'll be awaken by birds in the early morning, but I guess it's part of the Hawaii experience..! Really close from the buses (so easy enough to move around the island) and Waikiki beach (go super early/late to avoid the crowd). Also, it's not huge hostel so the atmosphere is nice, you get to know most people pretty easily. Go there!

I hated tp leave it was just wonderful

In general the place was awesome. Only issue i had was with the staff member staying in the private room slamming doors. Other than that i loved the place. The staff were awesome and friendly. Only minutes to walk anywhere.

amazing location, lovely helpful staff, excellent hostel for budget stay in Honolulu close to Wikiki beach!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great location for the price. We had a private room that comes with a bunk bed. Sheets, blankets, and towels are provided. Mattress was pretty decent. Only downside to the private room was the shared bathroom. The area around the hostel is pretty noisy all the time. I realize the hostel has no control over this, but it's something to keep in mind if you're considering booking.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were lovely and it was great to be able to borrow both shower and beach towels, as well as an extra blanket for my bed. And the location is perfect!

Well run hostel. Centrally located in Waikiki. 10 minute walk to the beach. Bars and restaurants 1 min walk. Social atmosphere but not a party hostel which I prefer. The main drawback is that you are surrounded by high rise apartment buildings, and the noises and lights of the city, really not the reason to go to Hawaii. Outside of the perfectly good hostel, I'd recommend spending very little time, if any in Waikiki. Hawaii has so much more to offer.

Well located hostel. Love the fact that you can borrow beach toys such as body boards, towels, etc.

location, building security, observing quite times - morning staff not very friendly - when being asked about location of utensils in the big kitchen, the girl was brisk and unfriendly, on the manner "you should know it by now" was my 1st night - a 2 bed private room ended up being a separate room that was inside a 6 person room, sharing same bathroom and shower facilities. Also when returning at later hours created dificult situation of how not to disturb 6 people vs 1 with a squicky door.

• 26th Feb 2015

you won't be disappointed if you choose this place!!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Good place, good location, clean, super great staff:)

we had a good stay at the hostel. especially that you can get towels and even beach towels for free and changing any time you want. Not really many hostel have that luxury. thats great !! And breakfast was good, not only "pancake"- breakfast like other hostels only offer where you even have to pay far more money for a stay. We really can recommend Seaside Hawaiian Host

• 23rd Feb 2015

Not hugely clean however clean enough to stay in. We stayed there for a week. Fantastic location and easy to get around with lots of helpful information and staff in the lobby. The private rooms are lovely, we moved into a private room half way through our stay which made the stay for more enjoyable. Wifi isn't very reliable and only available in common area (if that). Quite loud at night - not the holiday makers but local traffic and garbage bins.

• 19th Feb 2015

A nice hostel, close to the beach. Clean and tidy with good sized rooms and bathrooms, it would be good if they organised nightly activities though

was a very good hostel! would go there again!

Great 2 nights right in the heart of Waikiki close to the beach, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory and Ross. @nd time staying here and they have made some improvements Only suggestions is to have lockers that regular locks will fit through

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4