Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

It's too bad the wifi is not good in the afternoon.

• 24th Nov 2014

This hostel is just perfect. The atmosphere is so peaceful and friendly. You can enjoy a quiet night or you can go out with people of the hostel or your friends. You can borrow a lot of things for free and last but not least breakfast is excellent !!! I recommend this one to anyone !!

The staff at the hostel are great. We enjoyed our stay and interacting with the staff very much. The WIFI/ isn't very good -- it is slow and sometimes intermittent. They have a nice "do it yourself" breakfast which I enjoyed most mornings. Some evenings there are "feeds" -- speghetti and the like -- and is fun. The best thing about the hostel is the location. It is about 4 blocks from the beach but right down in the middle of all kinds of great activities. Starbucks is just a few steps away

Nice location at very reasonable price:)

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel in a great location. The staff were friendly and allowed you to hire snorkel gear for free. Everyone was friendly and made you feel welcome. The only thing in the rooms that could be improved is the amount of plug sockets. There were only 2 plug sockets in the room. They did have additional ones in the community area, but it's not so handy at night when you need to charge phones etc.

To noisy surrounding the hostel

• 28th Oct 2014

Great staff and offers a nice space to talk to other travelers. Attracts all kinds of people and if you like you can have great conversations here and find a group for day trip. Rooms and facilities are practical. Quite time at 11pm works great: you can get some sleep if you want or go out to see Waikiki. Top hostel and I recommend it to anyone who wants to get in touch with people and trade that for some comfort. I booked this place twice PS: there is usually no good car parking spot closeby

An average hostel with great location. The silent period could be more flexible

Awesome locations. Very close to shopping centre and beach, bus stop, restaurants.

It was a very straight forward hostel. I really liked that it had big lockers that could fit a big backpack or suitcase. But you'll want to bring your own lock. They gave towels, free beach towel rentals, and free coffee. It was right there, in the middle of all the shopping, restaurants, resorts, and beaches of Waikiki. I always felt safe walking around this area and going back to the hostel at night. It was a very nice place. Fans, but no air conditioning.

We loved our stay at seaside Hawaiian hostel! The location is perfect, you can walk to the beach, to the grocery store, etc. Tha atmosphere was also very good, and the staff so helpfull! I would recommand this place to everybody!

Excellent hostel. Very attentive staff...

We stayed in the cheapest 6-bed mixed dorm - good value for money, clean enough

Our room /bed was basic and although a private room with key had no security locker but you get what you pay for. Staff were nice, wifi was quite good although not available in our room, free toast and jam and hire of snorkel set and body board was great. Good deal for budget traveller. Great location but a little run down.

I had a great time at this hostel!! The staff were always friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was amazing and I made lots of good friends there!! The hostel price is fare and it's close of almost everything. I recommend this hostel.

The place is kind of ratty, lots of cockroaches around, guests leave their stuff all over the floor instead of in the plastic 'lockers'. The thing I missed more than anything is a decent commons area with couches, places to sit, and an accessable bookshelf. Instead you either lie in your bunk or sit outside in the heat in iron chairs while the other guests smoke all around you. An indoor couch and a bookshelf would have made this place a LOT better. That's my 2 cents.

• 25th Sep 2014

I'm sorry you didn't have a more positive experience with us. First, after extensively remodeling our common kitchen I eliminated our "lending library". Even after going to the trouble of purchasing used books from our local library it was almost never used, gathered dust and took up space in our lobby. We DO HAVE a complete collection of local travel guides and dvd's which we will check out for free. Just ask at the front desk. Mark

It's a very nice hostel in Waikiki. I had a awsome time there. Priska was very helpful and friendly. Thanks for the wonderful time in your hostel. Roberto

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Hands down best week i've spent at a hostel. Booked 3 nights, stayed 7... If your reading this review do yourself a favour, stop contemplating your choice and just stay here. Travelled by myself and never felt alone until the moment i left. To all the people working there thanks again so much especially priska. You were the sunshine to my continual groggy mornings and you taught me easy is an adverb... Why not ey! :)

• 20th Sep 2014

Great hostel! It's clean,has free wi-fi and breakfast, and a very friendly staff. It's smack-dab in the middle of Waikiki and only minutes from the beach. Guests seem to come from all walks of life, making things interesting. It's not a big party hostel (quiet time after 11pm) but there are plenty of young people eager for a night out on the town. The surrounding streets can be a bit noisy, so bring earplugs & a sleeping mask. Only drawback is no airco, but hey.

Great location, no lockers in the room but staff offered to keep your valuables. The staff were nice but mainly clueless even the blonde lady in her sixties. Would go back again

« first « Prev 1 2 3