Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Hands down best week i've spent at a hostel. Booked 3 nights, stayed 7... If your reading this review do yourself a favour, stop contemplating your choice and just stay here. Travelled by myself and never felt alone until the moment i left. To all the people working there thanks again so much especially priska. You were the sunshine to my continual groggy mornings and you taught me easy is an adverb... Why not ey! :)

• 20th Sep 2014

Great hostel! It's clean,has free wi-fi and breakfast, and a very friendly staff. It's smack-dab in the middle of Waikiki and only minutes from the beach. Guests seem to come from all walks of life, making things interesting. It's not a big party hostel (quiet time after 11pm) but there are plenty of young people eager for a night out on the town. The surrounding streets can be a bit noisy, so bring earplugs & a sleeping mask. Only drawback is no airco, but hey.

Great location, no lockers in the room but staff offered to keep your valuables. The staff were nice but mainly clueless even the blonde lady in her sixties. Would go back again

Amazing location! Loved the atmosphere and openness of everything. Cleanliness was average, the sheets were clean but there were cockroaches both nights in area around kitchen (none in the rooms though).

• 30th Aug 2014

Really fun hostel. Great common area to meet other travelers and find people to explore the island with. There were a decent amount of bugs around, but the rooms and bathrooms were kept fairly clean. Beds were a bit noisy and the mattresses were old, but they were comfortable enough. Staff was really helpful and fun. Overall, a great experience and I'd stay there again if/when I go back to Oahu.

This hostel has an excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately it was absolutely filthy, especially in dorm number four, despite of the staffs cleaning. It was old dirt, like windowsills full of dust, hair, and old earplugs, and mould and grim in the shower. The bed I was sleeping in tipped as I entered it, and it was moving so bad whenever I stirred, that I thought it was going to collapse. The lower beds mattress left me in a hole in the middle. Other rooms where bett

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Norway

I'm glad you thought well of the location and staff. I'll immediately look into your complaint. Mark

The rooms are more functional than nice, but the armosphere in the hostel is very friendly. And I liked the fact, that you can rent body boarss, surfboards or snorkel gear for free! And also great the possibility of a shower after check out!

Good location, nice staff, and adequately clean facilities. The mattress I had was pretty awful and the sheets didn't really fit...but overall everything was fine.

Perfect atmosphere and super nice staff! I enjoyed the stay a lot...

Great location. clean overall. helpful staff. no AC in rooms.

In summer we rely on the tradewinds to keep us cool. There have been some days when we didn't have them. The evenings cool down because we are so close to the ocean where temperatures vary from 24 to 27 degrees celsius year round. Electricity is very expensive in Hawaii. Like most other things fuel used to generate it is brought in by boat.

Very clean and bug-free, quiet, respectful and friendly environment. I really felt like the two/three girls that worked the desk should know more about the area in which they live and work. "I don't know" is not acceptable, not to every question. No matter where they're from, they're working and apparently studying the tourism industry so they should be familiar with their surroundings, otherwise they'll never be successful in their field. The only other thing missing was a book lending library.

• 9th Aug 2014

Okay hostel, but I wouldn't stay here again. I liked the common area, with nice seating options and hammocks. Also the kitchen was fine and it wasn't too big so it's easy to meet people. However, the mattresses were terrible, one shower per room was not enough and no common shower, and the staff was sometimes useless. They were all nice, but some of the girls didn't know anything about the island, what to do, etc. also, even though it's family owned, don't expect to see the family behind the d

Thank you for your comments about our Banyan Courtyard. I apologize that your mattress wasn't adequate. I am switching suppliers and will order in some new mattresses to switch out with mattresses like the one you had. My son is himself backpacking in Europe and I have been focused on other things like our kitchen remodel. Robin, who works days exclusively is very helpful describing things to do on the island and most (90+%) these questions occur around breakfast time.

had wonderful 3 days at the seaside hostel, it's clean, quite and the staff is really nice!! it's also a good place to meet people if you're travelling alone!! i met so many great people there on the very first day..

• 4th Aug 2014

We target giving the kind of experience that you had to all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again.

Great hostel! Had a blast. The common area is large curfew at 23h which is a bummer but might be best for those who wish to sleep. The location is downtown, perfect for those who love city life. Booked trough hostel world and there was confusion when I checked in. They would not recognize the deposit I paid online with hostel world, saying that they never receive money from the site. I traveled in many hostels all in the world and this is the first time I have such a reply. Overall good place..

Glad you liked the hostel and had a good time. I'm sorry that our staff couldn't explain your billing. Yes, we do give you credit for the deposit you paid. Guests are sometimes confused about this because taxes (not included in the price you see online) are added to your bill and at just over 11% which is quite close to your deposit. Hence the confusion.

Hostel was in an excellent location in downtown Waikiki. Staff was extremely friendly. Simple breakfast of toast is provided at no cost and other basic breakfast items provided at low cost. If you have a car, there is free parking along the river road. Highlight of the hostel was amazing group of travelers. Highly recommend for meeting friends from all over. Complaints- No hot water in showers for 2 days during stay Outlets in rooms not convenient. Recommend outlet additions next to beds.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great place to stay at. Just gets alittle hot in the room as there is no aircon. You meet a lot of people but there is an 11pm which requires silence and empty courtyard till 8am.

We had a nice stay at the seaside hostel. Met some nice people and enjoyed the facilites (nice kitchen, cool courtyard to hang out in). The staff wasn't the friendliest, so they could make some improvements there, but other than that we were impressed. Great location, really close to Waikiki.

• 25th Jul 2014

The hostel was cool, perfect location for Waikiki beach and shops - with free snorkel/beach equipment hire and hammocks etc. Robin (one of the staff members) was outstanding in terms of service and character and really made the stay - unfortunately other staff members weren't as helpful/knowledgable and their room cut through ours which meant bringing the dog in at midnight - not the most professional action. I would definitely stay here again though!

Decent hostel. Clean washrooms but rooms were average. Staff is friendly and have stuff available to use but not good for socializing and partying. Good location though.

Lovely hostel close to the beach and buzzing streets of Waikiki. My room was only cleaned twice during my 7 nights stay which I think is too little but otherwise good!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We clean the bathrooms and floors, remove guest trash every day. We deep clean the rooms once or twice per week. Our showers, windows, walls and ceiling fans don't need to be cleaned every day. We continually clean the kitchen and other common areas. Daily cleaning takes place between 11AM and 4 PM because that is when most guests are away enjoying the island or one of our beaches. This could be why you didn't notice all of our daily cleanings. Thank you for your lovely description of us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4