Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Perfect atmosphere and super nice staff! I enjoyed the stay a lot...

Great location. clean overall. helpful staff. no AC in rooms.

Okay hostel, but I wouldn't stay here again. I liked the common area, with nice seating options and hammocks. Also the kitchen was fine and it wasn't too big so it's easy to meet people. However, the mattresses were terrible, one shower per room was not enough and no common shower, and the staff was sometimes useless. They were all nice, but some of the girls didn't know anything about the island, what to do, etc. also, even though it's family owned, don't expect to see the family behind the d

had wonderful 3 days at the seaside hostel, it's clean, quite and the staff is really nice!! it's also a good place to meet people if you're travelling alone!! i met so many great people there on the very first day..

• 4th Aug 2014

Great hostel! Had a blast. The common area is large curfew at 23h which is a bummer but might be best for those who wish to sleep. The location is downtown, perfect for those who love city life. Booked trough hostel world and there was confusion when I checked in. They would not recognize the deposit I paid online with hostel world, saying that they never receive money from the site. I traveled in many hostels all in the world and this is the first time I have such a reply. Overall good place..

Hostel was in an excellent location in downtown Waikiki. Staff was extremely friendly. Simple breakfast of toast is provided at no cost and other basic breakfast items provided at low cost. If you have a car, there is free parking along the river road. Highlight of the hostel was amazing group of travelers. Highly recommend for meeting friends from all over. Complaints- No hot water in showers for 2 days during stay Outlets in rooms not convenient. Recommend outlet additions next to beds.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great place to stay at. Just gets alittle hot in the room as there is no aircon. You meet a lot of people but there is an 11pm which requires silence and empty courtyard till 8am.

We had a nice stay at the seaside hostel. Met some nice people and enjoyed the facilites (nice kitchen, cool courtyard to hang out in). The staff wasn't the friendliest, so they could make some improvements there, but other than that we were impressed. Great location, really close to Waikiki.

• 25th Jul 2014

The hostel was cool, perfect location for Waikiki beach and shops - with free snorkel/beach equipment hire and hammocks etc. Robin (one of the staff members) was outstanding in terms of service and character and really made the stay - unfortunately other staff members weren't as helpful/knowledgable and their room cut through ours which meant bringing the dog in at midnight - not the most professional action. I would definitely stay here again though!

Decent hostel. Clean washrooms but rooms were average. Staff is friendly and have stuff available to use but not good for socializing and partying. Good location though.

Lovely hostel close to the beach and buzzing streets of Waikiki. My room was only cleaned twice during my 7 nights stay which I think is too little but otherwise good!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We clean the bathrooms and floors, remove guest trash every day. We deep clean the rooms once or twice per week. Our showers, windows, walls and ceiling fans don't need to be cleaned every day. We continually clean the kitchen and other common areas. Daily cleaning takes place between 11AM and 4 PM because that is when most guests are away enjoying the island or one of our beaches. This could be why you didn't notice all of our daily cleanings. Thank you for your lovely description of us.

Great stay. Robin is great. Feels like home while you're there.

• 14th Jul 2014

Very good hostel. Location is good beach is a bit of a walk. But at least its walking distance! Nice staff. Is a good hostel. Would recommend it.

Very nice and enjoyable hostels, the owner is wonderfull and I had a blast celebrating the 4th of July with the whole hostel!

The internet does not reach the rooms and sometimes it does not work in the common areas.

• 30th Jun 2014

They just got a brand new kitchen which is absolutely great! What I absolutely don't understand is why there were once lockers in the dorms but not anymore. WE NEED LOCKERS! Eventually I was able to lock my valuables in a locker at the front desk but it is annoying because they close after midnight... The staff was very helpful but didn't always knew Oahu very well... Also the internet just works in the kitchen area, one step outside and its gone. Still nice place to stay though...

All of our dorms except the lower priced Budget Dorms have individual lockable (your lock) lockers. Our Wi-Fi is available not only in the kitchen but also in the Banyan Courtyard and Internet Surfing Bar. I'm not sure why your internet disappeared when you walked outside the kitchen but nobody else had that problem. Our new staff, two charming ladies from Lithuania are still just learning about Oahu and unfortunately Robin, who knows all about the island, was on vacation. Mark

the only issue is the sockets in room do not work so i need to charge my pad at yard. also, wifi is not availalble in room. one needs to stay in yard. but its okay.

Great hostel if you want to explore Waikiki and the tourist areas around it. Free gear rental, a cosy atmosphere, as well as friendly and competent staff round it off.

This hostel was nice and friendly, the courtyard area was lovely. They were closing to renovate the kitchen area when I stayed there.

I had to stay in 3 different hostels in hawaii and this was the best. Shame that they had to close and i had to leave :(

• 11th Jun 2014