Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

I hated tp leave it was just wonderful

In general the place was awesome. Only issue i had was with the staff member staying in the private room slamming doors. Other than that i loved the place. The staff were awesome and friendly. Only minutes to walk anywhere.

• 18th Mar 2015

amazing location, lovely helpful staff, excellent hostel for budget stay in Honolulu close to Wikiki beach!

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great location for the price. We had a private room that comes with a bunk bed. Sheets, blankets, and towels are provided. Mattress was pretty decent. Only downside to the private room was the shared bathroom. The area around the hostel is pretty noisy all the time. I realize the hostel has no control over this, but it's something to keep in mind if you're considering booking.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were lovely and it was great to be able to borrow both shower and beach towels, as well as an extra blanket for my bed. And the location is perfect!

Well run hostel. Centrally located in Waikiki. 10 minute walk to the beach. Bars and restaurants 1 min walk. Social atmosphere but not a party hostel which I prefer. The main drawback is that you are surrounded by high rise apartment buildings, and the noises and lights of the city, really not the reason to go to Hawaii. Outside of the perfectly good hostel, I'd recommend spending very little time, if any in Waikiki. Hawaii has so much more to offer.

Well located hostel. Love the fact that you can borrow beach toys such as body boards, towels, etc.

location, building security, observing quite times - morning staff not very friendly - when being asked about location of utensils in the big kitchen, the girl was brisk and unfriendly, on the manner "you should know it by now" was my 1st night - a 2 bed private room ended up being a separate room that was inside a 6 person room, sharing same bathroom and shower facilities. Also when returning at later hours created dificult situation of how not to disturb 6 people vs 1 with a squicky door.

• 26th Feb 2015

you won't be disappointed if you choose this place!!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Good place, good location, clean, super great staff:)

Not hugely clean however clean enough to stay in. We stayed there for a week. Fantastic location and easy to get around with lots of helpful information and staff in the lobby. The private rooms are lovely, we moved into a private room half way through our stay which made the stay for more enjoyable. Wifi isn't very reliable and only available in common area (if that). Quite loud at night - not the holiday makers but local traffic and garbage bins.

• 19th Feb 2015

A nice hostel, close to the beach. Clean and tidy with good sized rooms and bathrooms, it would be good if they organised nightly activities though

was a very good hostel! would go there again!

Great 2 nights right in the heart of Waikiki close to the beach, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory and Ross. @nd time staying here and they have made some improvements Only suggestions is to have lockers that regular locks will fit through

Such a lovely little hostel! Great location - close to the canal, minutes from the beach and plenty of grocery stores within walking distance. Great atmosphere, it was super easy to meet plenty of friendly people from around the world! As a solo female I always felt part of the crowd and never lonely. The kitchen was appreciated when trying to avoid blowing your budget in Waikiki!! Will definitely return to Seaside when I'm in Honolulu again :)

• 13th Feb 2015

Nice hostel with spacious rooms. Free toast, tea and coffee and v. cheap breakfast options available. Put on cheap bbq and pasta nights. Good location in Waikiki and close to the beach. Stayed in HI Waikiki also which I thought was a better hostel.

I ended up extending my stay at Seaside. It was a great hostel and friendly atmosphere. My only complaint is the noise at night from garbage trucks in the neighboring facilities. I highly recommend this hostel.

This hostel was somewhat disappointing. I have stayed at supposedly the best two hostels in Hawaii (including the Seaside) and both of them are pretty ordinary compared to hostels just about anywhere else in the world. My biggest complaint about this hostel is that the wifi is terribly unreliable and only works in a very small area of the larger common area. You never know if it was just a slow period when I was there but there was really no atmosphere to speak of at the hostel, either...

The PERFECT hostel for Waikiki! Great, friendly vibe AND was QUIET AT NIGHT so I could sleep. The best of both worlds! Great price!!! Just a block from the great shopping & dining district of Waikiki & the beach. Right off of Kuhio where TheBus will get you anywhere: the Bishop museum, airport, Diamond Head, USS Arizona, downtown, etc. Good kitchen well stocked with staples & equipment. Only complaint: balky Wi-Fi.

This place was great. The staff are friendly, the places are very clean and they even have a hostel dog. The location is very central and the price for the accomodation is good. I would reccomend this to fellow travellers. Most of which I met were travelling alone. Great place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4