Seaside Hawaiian Hostel Waikiki Reviews

419 Seaside Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Lovely hostel close to the beach and buzzing streets of Waikiki. My room was only cleaned twice during my 7 nights stay which I think is too little but otherwise good!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We clean the bathrooms and floors, remove guest trash every day. We deep clean the rooms once or twice per week. Our showers, windows, walls and ceiling fans don't need to be cleaned every day. We continually clean the kitchen and other common areas. Daily cleaning takes place between 11AM and 4 PM because that is when most guests are away enjoying the island or one of our beaches. This could be why you didn't notice all of our daily cleanings. Thank you for your lovely description of us.

Great stay. Robin is great. Feels like home while you're there.

• 14th Jul 2014

Very nice and enjoyable hostels, the owner is wonderfull and I had a blast celebrating the 4th of July with the whole hostel!

The internet does not reach the rooms and sometimes it does not work in the common areas.

• 30th Jun 2014

They just got a brand new kitchen which is absolutely great! What I absolutely don't understand is why there were once lockers in the dorms but not anymore. WE NEED LOCKERS! Eventually I was able to lock my valuables in a locker at the front desk but it is annoying because they close after midnight... The staff was very helpful but didn't always knew Oahu very well... Also the internet just works in the kitchen area, one step outside and its gone. Still nice place to stay though...

All of our dorms except the lower priced Budget Dorms have individual lockable (your lock) lockers. Our Wi-Fi is available not only in the kitchen but also in the Banyan Courtyard and Internet Surfing Bar. I'm not sure why your internet disappeared when you walked outside the kitchen but nobody else had that problem. Our new staff, two charming ladies from Lithuania are still just learning about Oahu and unfortunately Robin, who knows all about the island, was on vacation. Mark

the only issue is the sockets in room do not work so i need to charge my pad at yard. also, wifi is not availalble in room. one needs to stay in yard. but its okay.

Great hostel if you want to explore Waikiki and the tourist areas around it. Free gear rental, a cosy atmosphere, as well as friendly and competent staff round it off.

This hostel was nice and friendly, the courtyard area was lovely. They were closing to renovate the kitchen area when I stayed there.

I had to stay in 3 different hostels in hawaii and this was the best. Shame that they had to close and i had to leave :(

• 11th Jun 2014

Excellent staff, full of useful information and free equipment

Nice hostel and staff!! Nice with some breakfast and good places to sit. Quiet 11 pm was bad tough, if u wanted to preparty. Overall a very good hostel! Recommend it!!

This place is infested with roaches. They use roach glues but they are still everywhere. The bathroom in the dorm is very moldy probably because they never clean it. It's still like 15 minutes walk to the beach. The sink in our dorm broke down and I told them about it and 3 days passed still no one came to fix it. It was leaking water from under and that made the whole bathroom smell like sewage. no AC and very hot in the room even at night. I would avoid this place next time.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

I found out that one of the people in your dorm room was keeping food in her locker. This is absolutely not allowed and our staff will be stricter with enforcement. The problem occurred in two rooms where this person stayed but not any others. We just completely remodeled our kitchen and lobby area. Our open air Banyan Courtyard is probably our most liked feature but it attracts birds and bugs. We continue to strive at controlling these without giving up the benefits most loved by guests.

You can find cockroaches even in the room. This hostel was my worst, even if their location has good access to Waikiki beach.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Please se my response to Anonymous June 7 Taiwan Female.

This place was the cleanest hostel, ever. The bathroom was cleaned daily. They even changed out the ballast when it became too wet!

• 6th Jun 2014

Great stay husband and I had a room for 2 in a boys dorm with shared bathroom. Close to main area of Waikiki beach 2 1/2 blocks away. The staff was amazing! very friendly, professional and helpful. We felt very safe in a gated area with places to hang out if you wished. Kitchen, BBQ, lockers breakfast . It was better than I expected. Good inexpensive way to spend a few nights near the beach and bus line. Met some nice travelers!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Location is awesome, staff was very helpful, but the room was average, a bit old and not too clean, but for Waikiki is Good! It's hard to find something better for the price!

Awesome place! The people are all friendly, the place is clean, and they're right in the middle of Waikiki. Not only was talking to travelers from around the world great, but if we wanted to do anything, the hostel had information, tips, and equipment for free/reduced prices. Highly recommend.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The value for money was excellent, so close to major hotels, beach, main street - could walk home at night alone and felt safe because so many people in the area. Provision of towels appreciated!! Staff were lovely.

• 31st May 2014

Good place to stay on a budget. Area is secure, need to pass a gate to get to the hostel. Well located, 5min walk to everything: grocery, restaurants, beach. Staff is helpful. The open air area with the hammocks is great and the breeze is most welcome at night. The downside is that there are some bugs, and even found a cockroach at our doorstep (one during our 4 days there), but at least the room itself was fine. Overall, I recommend it, good place for the money and you can borrow things.

Great hostel with excellent atmosphere, awesome location and clean spacious rooms. Highly recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4