8.5
Fabulous 11,192 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 11,192 Total Reviews
Shelter City Located at Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1012 BV Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV
85% 11192
52.3723713 4.8990424
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Nov 2016

I didn't like that they only have one outlet to be shared for every 4 beds but I'm glad that I went when it wasn't too busy so I only had to share it with 2 others. Overall, the breakfast was an actual hot breakfast, which I wasn't expecting but a nice surprise. Also, I didn't realize that this was a Christian Hostel, that was also a surprise. Thus, I recommend staying at this hostel! I had a great time and the staff and people are very friendly and is in a great location.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

Lovely hostel, everyone was very friendly and it was in a great location :) A good all rounder!

• Turkey, Female, 31-40
25th Nov 2016

Eğer Amsterdam'a bir daha gidicek olsam kesin burda kalırdım. Çok merkezi, konumu Harika ve çalışanlar çok tatlı insanlar.

• Indonesia, Female, 31-40
23rd Nov 2016
7.1

Staying at 4 bed female dorm ensuite. Was lucky nobody stay there that night so i got the room all by myself. The locker that has the same number like my bed number is a bit broken, but thats not big deal since i can use other locker. Lighting in the room can be change to brighter light. Ensuite toilet slightly small and smelly but its clean. Only stay there a night. Breakfast was basic option but enough for me. very nice staffs who served the breakfast. Location is very central

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

Great Staff, great safety on entrance, great food, an over all great experience, I would come back without thinking it twice.

• USA, Female, 31-40
19th Nov 2016

The staff was incredible. They graciously took the time to explain the facilities and neighboring areas. On one occasion a staff member even took 15 minutes of his time to look up a train route for me. My roommate (stayed in a double female dorm) 2-/ very nice and respectful. My only suggestion is that the hallway be made quieter with soft close door hinges/handles and rugs because when people walked down the hall/went to the bathroom during the night it was quite loud and echoie.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
19th Nov 2016
6.9

The Shelter Hostel is definitely located right in the middle of all the action that Amsterdam has to offer. The free breakfast is really good. On the other side the staff at the hostel are really strange and make you feel like your at a military base. I know that they have volunteers from all around the world. They just need some friendly staff who makes the experience of staying there alot better.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016
3.1

We are very disappointed with this hostel.The staff was very rude, the cleaners opened my friend'a suitcase and took it away without telling us because we swapped beds as it was very tricky to get to the one at the top.the room was VERY tiny,we couldn't even move around!the floors were dirty and the blankets and sheets disgusting.We paid £80 for 2 nights which is what you pay for a hotel.Not enough space for breakfast,we had to wait 40 min to be served. Never again!!!

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
16th Nov 2016

The tranquility in the hostel in contrast of all the chaos of the main center of Amsterdam is something I didn't expect. But that's really possible. Nice, clean and warm. I would recommend this to anyone.

11th Nov 2016