Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Perhaps you can make locks rentable? Rental fee can be same as the price it costs.

It was a nice hostel in the middle fof Amsterdam. I always felt safe and confortable, however I think that rooms with 4 beds are really small and you have no privacy. I stayed also at the bedroom with 16 beds and it was not that bad, actually I felt better there. Anyway, it's nice hostel with great atmosphere.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Very lovely place to stay and very good location. All staff are very friendly and very helpful. The yard really nice good for mingle and relax.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Very nice people, location, and cleanliness! A nice safe place to hide away from the crazyness outside. A bit more consideration for the gluten intolerant during breakfast would be appreciated but no one in Amsterdam seems to be bothered on that point.

It is s great place to be. The staff is excellent, the food is very good. It is a very supportive Recommend it to everybody.

• 20th Jun 2015

The hostel is really well located, 5 min away from the central station, with metro and other transportations less than 1 min and is in the center of everything! The staff is great, they give great tips on restaurants and the hostel is really quiet. One of the best hostels I tried and for a really good price

Perfect location for exploring the city. Although right by the Red Light District, I felt completely safe walking around. The staff was very accomodating and welcoming!! This is a Christian hostel (no alcohol/drugs/partying is tolerated on the premises), but it offers great evening programs (Bible studies, games, open microphone etc.)

I was very disappointed about the bedroom. i booked in a room for four for three people : my two friends and I ; but when I did the check in there was no place for three persons in the same room ! More over one of the person who was in the bedroom for four was alone and was put in the room where there were three beds free even though you knew that three people were coming. I know it's nice to meet new people and we did but it was quite sad to be separate for a trip with friends.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The staff are amazing at this hostel! The only downside is that they aren't really located near public transportation. So when you want to go explore the major landmarks and museums it is a bit of a walk, but it's nothing unmanageable.

Highly recommend this hostel, it has great location, great people/service

I had an amazing time at the hostel. The people were super nice and it was just a great environment! I would recommend it to everyone!

It's nice place to stay

The staffs are friendly. Though the hostel is located in the red light area, the security is excellent !

The security over the top I'd say. At night I can understand why you would prevent people from entering until they show their vouchers you give them, but in the day I think it is largely unnecessary. The internet had a filter on it; I don't mind that so much, but I wish it had been made clearer in the "features list" of the hostel. The atmosphere is a bit difficult to assess. I'm not put off by religion in the least, being a Christian myself, but I found it difficult to meet my fellow travelers.

Good location. Clean. Friendly staff. Everything's good except that you can't expect a good sleep in a 16-people dorm. But the hostel is nice

• 13th Jun 2015
  • China

Excellent stay. For ensured security I charged my phone and tablet at reception; the separation actually made me enjoy my experience in the city more! Easy to find, and in the centre of town for a great price!

We booked ensuite female dorm. Great location and hostel with all the basic facilities you need. Plus, free breakfast and lovely courtyard. Good value for money and can't fault it.

breakfast was good nothing bad hostel 10/10.

An awesome hostel! Felt very safe and welcomed. There was no keys for the door but you had to show your ticket to get into the hostel and there were lockers in the rooms. The hostel was clean and the free breakfast was awesome! There is a cat (beware if you have allergies). Not religious at all and still felt very welcome, they don't push you. Had nightly bible study if interested though. Great location! Would definitely stay again!

Great security system and very very very helpful staff. Rooms were nice and the facilities were great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7