Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My friends and I loved staying in the Shelter Hostel! Very friendly and helpful staff. We slept very well and felt safe. Even though the Hostel is right next to the Red Light District it's an oasis of peace and silence. Everything is im walking distance. The breakfast is included and very yummy! I definitely recommend this Hostel.

We had a really good time staying at this hostel. The free breakfast offer was super great. Over all we really enjoyed it! :)

• 26th Jul 2015

Staff was super helpful and always made an effort to invite you to the events they had going on. Breakfast was the best!

Please provide enough electrical charging point in the room. There's only one point for charging and there are 4 people in the room. Staff are excellent and really great that there's a bible sharing session in the hostel.

The hostel is located very close to the Red Light District. We stayed in the 16 bed girls dormitory. I wouldn't recommend staying is such a large room. It was very hard to sleep. They also allow smoking in the courtyard and you can never escape the smell of cigarettes. Overall it was okay! I felt very safe. The bathrooms and showers could be a bit more clean but overall it was okay!

Thin walls make it hard to sleep at night, when other guestes are noisy. The Wifi is not available in every part of the house.

• 19th Jul 2015

A very peaceful and quiet stay right in the middle of all the action in Amsterdam. The staff were very friendly, the fee hot breakfast was great, and the rooms were clean. Would have been nice to have more outlets in the room, but the charging station at reception was a decent system.

Breakfast was amazing! Staff we're helpful, very clean place and location is super convenient.

The included breakfast was a nice treat. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Very nice staff and super convenient location. A safe and comfortable stay in Amsterdam :)

Lot of people being robbed and the staff is sort of effusive, so if you are planning to just rest forget it.

• 15th Jul 2015

Great location in the red light district, but it's also a Christian hostel.. Making it not the best place to meet friends who want to go out etc. but nice accommodations and easy to get to places from

Really happy with my stay at Shelter City. Home from home!

• 13th Jul 2015

My stay was fantastic. The provided breakfast of Dutch pancakes was delicious, the staff members at reception and the cafe were all happy and welcoming, the facilities were charming and attractive. I appreciated the charging station behind the reception, where I knew my cell phone and tablet were safe as they charged. This free service came in handy since I didn't have an adapter myself! I recommend this friendly and safe hostel to everyone!

This is one of the best hostels I've been to! Very clean, amazing location, helpful staff, great cafe and lounge space. The staff helped me rent a bike and pre-order museum tickets. Free breakfast included!

Beautiful building, lovely staff and really nice hot showers! Lockers in bedrooms and reception charge your phones (and other stuff) Really peaceful courtyard garden with a pond.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Thank you for a lovely stay!

My friend had to keep their belongings in a different box office to hes bed because it was busy. Staff broke her lock but later they gave her one.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Very good atmosphere, and the staff was extremely nice and helpfull. I totally recomend it.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Shelter is a great place if you want a chilled, friendly vibe. No drinking is allowed in the hostel so, despite the very close distance to all of the main bars/clubs, it makes it quite a challenge to go out. However, if you're not looking for that kind of a time in amsterdam shelter is perfect. If you do stay - free cooked breakfast everyday which is good but make sure you bring a lock/ buy a lock for your bag if it's a rucksack/not hand luggage sized because the lockers are quite small.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7