Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great people, great place!!!

maybe if more lockers and keys on the doors where provided, would be better (I mean, safer) and the showers aren't that good (water doesn't flow as should be) . though, there is a great breakfast (espresso, capuccino, eggs, nutella...) and the location is excellent (very near to central station and all the main Amsterdan turistic atractions)

As soon as my friends and I walked I. The door we were greeted with a smile. The staff were excellent and very helpful, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was both so much fun and full of kindness. I have already recommend this place to my friends! It's in the heart of Amsterdam's nightlife and culture, if you go to Amsterdam - Go here!

• Wales
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Although I am agnostic I felt really well in this Christian hostel in Amsterdam's red light district. The staff consists of ambitious and helpful volunteers, so I was given an additional blanket for the night. Breakfast was good, but you have to choose between bread with ham & cheese OR Müsli OR hot breakfast. If you choose Müsli, again you have to choose either banana OR apple OR orange. Anyway, the meals are good and affordable. The hostel's highlight is a garden outside with a fish pond.

• 27th Aug 2014

Could not be more central, lovely people, very clean. Couldn't ask for any more, would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Aug 2014

Be sure u re not looking for fun if u go there.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is really close to the city centre. Nice breakfast and nice staffs.

Really lovely hostel I have stayed here before. a good location and easy to find. Just long waits for the female toilets in the morning otherwise no complaints apart from the showers that could be cleaner. The cat is sweet! ;-)

• 23rd Aug 2014

I thought it was a bit weird for a Christian hostel to be right in the Red Light District. Although the location is perfect, very close to almost everything Amsterdam has to offer. The café is very cosy, so sweet they have a cat! Some extra toilets would be nice though.

Appreciated being able to access some facilities after checking out due to heavy rain outside. Staff very friendly.

• 20th Aug 2014

Loved this hostel would definitely stay here again. I have no complaints about it, the staff is awesome and their mission is incredible.

I had a lovely stay! Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious! Would definitely recommend

• 19th Aug 2014

Good location right in the city centre, although being just steps away from the Red Light District might bother some. Staff were really nice, although some hadn't been there long (and certainly weren't Dutch) and couldn't answer some questions about the city. Atmosphere is pleasant, despite it being quite religious (posters, daily bible meetings, etc). Besides the cafe, there didn't seem to be a lot of common areas to sit in. My bike was safe there, but just sat uncovered in the courtyard.

• 18th Aug 2014

Good place overall. 16 people is a LOT for a room. Staff kinda pushed the Christian thing more than I would like.

The staff were nice, location awesome, wifi worked.. But the people who made up the atmosphere were kinda lacking in personality. I think some of the guys I met there had their mom book this hostel for them..

Bad- The shower heads could be more efficient if they could be moved around to direct the water. Bathrooms seemed always dirty. Good- Staff are great, location is great, breakfast is very good Recommendations- You should place wall sockets, for charging electrical equipment ; along with a lamp near each bed with a small shelf to place cell phone or clock.

Fabulous staff helpful informative shame about the non arrival of the guide for the walking tour, we shared a 4 bedded room with en-suite the room was very small but was kept clean and tidy by the cleaning staff every day, as there were 4 of us we decided a couple of us would use the shared showers and toilets at the end of the corridor, to save time . However after looking at said wash room this was not possible due to them being unclean and very smelly, we also thought the breakfast was poor

Nice Hostel with really friendly and helpful staff. Would be nice if there were more chairs around the place for sitting. The cafe and the tables by the fridge tended to be occupied. Also, there seemed to be a lack of plugs around the building.

I don't recommand this hôtel for the security! I was in a private Room, And the cleaning staff stole my money.

• 14th Aug 2014

Best hotel in Amsterdam,eccellent location! Good wifi! Include breakfast!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7