Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Almost everything was great in Shelter City- its facilities, its charging services, its security (despite its location in Red Light District),and its friendly staff! But, I really wish that I could have some more for breakfast... I could not really eat enough, the portion was actually quite small and soon I was hungry before the lunchtime...

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

I think the service at the check in, can be much more efficient. As before, i had to wait a long time before things were done. Even i was lucky to be the first person waiting.

• 21st Jul 2014

I enjoyed my time staying at Shelter City very much. I appreciated the Christian atmosphere and the value for my money. The central location was great, I just didn't enjoy walking though the Red Light district when I first arrived and was hunting for the correct street, haha!

• 20th Jul 2014

great place to be, great location and great people! we were very well welcomed and felt at home. Breakfast is extraordinary!

• 19th Jul 2014

The courtyard was so nice, however it was a shame people were not allowed to drink here (regardless of the fact that it was a Christian hostel)

Clean, safe, fantastic location, helpful, friendly staff. Only problem - no kitchen (there's fridge and microwave, but it would be useful to have kettle/free access to crockery/cutlery instead of having to go to cafe to ask). Lockers in rooms not very large, so most guests keeps bags on the floor; rooms are not locked, but entry-door security good. Will definitely stay again.

The rooms were overly hot atleast three degrees hotter than outside which is bad in summer the beds were not comfortable and the room never got dark at all

• 15th Jul 2014

Definitely one of the best hostel that we hav stayed thus far!

That was perfect. No need more word

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Just be warned: this is a Christian hostel located really near to the Red Light District. I myself am not religious and although they do offer plenty of Christian counseling, they definitely didn't through it down my throat. The staff was welcoming, kind, and went above and beyond to be polite (they are volunteers!). The free breakfast is the best I've had in any hostel and the Wi-Fi is strong. There are a lack of outlets in the rooms so charge your devices during the day or use a power strip

Overall good

雖然離紅燈區很近.但很熱鬧.也很安全.離景點和火車站都不遠.早餐多元豐富.算是物超所值.值得推薦!裡面的工作人員也和藹可親喔!

Shelter City is a quite nice hostel with a very central location. I could stay there again.

Best location and kindful staff but little big expensive

Excellent location right in the red light district, and definitely worth the money, with free breakfast (they even packed us breakfast for the road when we left), accommodating staff, and safe, clean lodging within walking distance from the train station. While they are a Christian hostel, we are not religious, and did not feel uncomfortable in any way. The staff was open to talking, but not at all pushy.

We had an excellent stay at Shelter City. The hostel is (somewhat ironically, considering that it's Christian) located directly in the middle of the Red Light District, which is a great location! Staff is unbelievably friendly and kind, and there's no proselytizing. Bathroom facilities were great, and the included breakfast was wonderful. Would absolutely stay again.

I had a great one night stay at shelter city. It's an excellent place to stay if you aren't in town just to party. I found everyone very polite and respectful. They have an awesome breakfast that is included in the price. I would recommend, especially of you are trekking solo and want a nice place to stay .

Excellent and very friendly staff. However the toilet cleanliness has to be improved being checked more regularly. Breakfast is very poor as there is a limited range to choose from and you are allowed to get only one portion of whatever you decide to go for. Once again, though, the staff was amazing looking like they were handpicked as they were as friendly and helpful as one could be.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Really kind awesome staff and in a great location

I love it !