Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The rooms were overly hot atleast three degrees hotter than outside which is bad in summer the beds were not comfortable and the room never got dark at all

• 15th Jul 2014

Definitely one of the best hostel that we hav stayed thus far!

雖然離紅燈區很近.但很熱鬧.也很安全.離景點和火車站都不遠.早餐多元豐富.算是物超所值.值得推薦!裡面的工作人員也和藹可親喔!

Shelter City is a quite nice hostel with a very central location. I could stay there again.

Best location and kindful staff but little big expensive

We had an excellent stay at Shelter City. The hostel is (somewhat ironically, considering that it's Christian) located directly in the middle of the Red Light District, which is a great location! Staff is unbelievably friendly and kind, and there's no proselytizing. Bathroom facilities were great, and the included breakfast was wonderful. Would absolutely stay again.

I had a great one night stay at shelter city. It's an excellent place to stay if you aren't in town just to party. I found everyone very polite and respectful. They have an awesome breakfast that is included in the price. I would recommend, especially of you are trekking solo and want a nice place to stay .

Excellent and very friendly staff. However the toilet cleanliness has to be improved being checked more regularly. Breakfast is very poor as there is a limited range to choose from and you are allowed to get only one portion of whatever you decide to go for. Once again, though, the staff was amazing looking like they were handpicked as they were as friendly and helpful as one could be.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Really kind awesome staff and in a great location

Very nice and clean hostel. Staff is great and helpful with whatever you need, location cannot be better,it's very central and everything is at walking distance. Rooms were clean with ensuite toilet,bed lights and lockers. There are just one or two sockets in the room so if you need to charge your devices you need to leave it at the reception. It's very secure though cause they give you a number that you'll have to show later to get your stuff back, same for luggages.Good even for non Christians

I would definitely recommend this place as it is right in the middle if the RLD and still safe and open throughout the night. The people are nice and they give you breakfast.

Very nice people and they showed amazing respect and support for guests. I am truly impressed with the customer service. Breakfast was included in the price. Very nice warm breakfast was served.

• 7th Jul 2014

I stayed in the hostel with my three children: 11-14-16 years old. We spent five lovely great days. This is a good place for families. Although it is next to the red light you could easly avoid it. The staff was very kind and helpful.

• 7th Jul 2014

완전좋았음 남자입장에선 아침이 조금부실한듯했지만 나머지가 전부좋았음 근데 와이파이가 잘 안잡히는게 아쉬웠음 나머진최고.

It'll be nice to have a kitchen. Great staff and hospitality. Recommend!!

We booked the 16-bed so our expectation wasn't too high, but overall our stay wasn't bad. It was hard to manage such a huge amount of guests and all the staffs did very well in maintaining that (not to mention that they are volunteers!) The hostel situated right in the centre of everything so we saved loads on transport. Only a few downside: I wish there was at least a socket close to my bed to charge my phone, and the pancake portion during breakfast was a tad bit small.

Best deal in Amsterdam. Hostel with a conscience

When I came to the room, only one bed left and it was dirty and untidy like after someone using it, but then after I ask to the receptionist to clean it, they did and very nice.

Very good hostel, cheap and friendly staff!

• 5th Jul 2014

Such kind and caring staff! We had a wonderful experience. Wish that more shelter Christian hostels would spread throughout the work! What an awesome mission!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7