Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had a great time in shelter city and I have nothing to complain about it. Everything was perfect!

• 26th Sep 2014

Friendly staff, good location, recommend to stay

I have to give such a good report because I believe that you try to be good in all you do. As soon as I entered the centre I felt how pleased The Lord is with this work and it touched me deeply. You are The Light of the world to that community. I witnessed God doing things in a number of peoples lives and I am so excited. I plan to come back to you and would like to bring one or two of children with me to work and preach Christ throughout the city. Love to you all in Jesus Name

• 23rd Sep 2014

Everything was great! But the wifi connection is poor!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Just a really, really great place to stay in Amsterdam! :) Oh, and than there's this Johanna at the reception

the hostel is simple, but good location, good breakfast.

We stayed in the 16 bed dorm for 1 night and it was great. The beds are separated by dividers so it's even got a little privacy which is nice. The staff on the front dest and in the cafe were really lovely. Breakfast was included and it was basic but all you need to start the day! It's a christian hostel and that's evident on the walls and in the quieter atmosphere, but I felt very safe here. Looking for a party, this isn't it, but it's a clean, comfortable, convenient, safe and happy place!

Around the hostel is a bit dangerous place in night. Staff was very kind. The dorm has no keys I think it is dangerous.

It was quite difficult to find the location, but it's not far from the central station. The staff were friendly.

• South Korea

Very good location. Staff were very kind and helpful and created a nice atmosphere.

• Spain

Warm welcome, staff very friendly and helpful. Good sleep at night as all other guests behaved thoughtful. Computer and Internet for free is a big plus. Thanks!

• 17th Sep 2014

Very accessible location, staff were amazing, and really nice atmosphere in the cafe and courtyard. Girls dorms open right to the courtyard so it can be noisy, but I always sleep with earplugs in hostels. Girls dorms were full but there was never a line up for showers. More outlets are definitely needed in the dorms, although you can charge in other open areas. Some beds were really close together so it was hard to get in and out. Overall a great stay :)

Limited wall sockets but they provide charging services. WiFi blind spots in my dorm. These are just minor problems. In the girls' bathroom, some showers are small, so test them out and choose your cubicle. =) Other than these, we have had a great stay! The food is awesome! Free breakfast with different menu for different days of the week. They sell dinner too, I enjoyed the veggie burger they made. Food that's value for money!

Very close to central train station. Great way to meet new friends. Staff was very helpful.

The location was incredible and the staff is lovely!

I stayed in this hostel before and our stay this time was just as welcoming and friendly. I stayed in the 16 bed room and it was fine, beds were very close together but it wasn't really an issue. Good atmosphere and the breakfast was good too and free! Location was brilliant, very close to the train station, supermarket and within walking distance of all the main attractions.

As Christain as they claim to be they do not go out of there way for anything you ask. I found the staff unfriendly mostly. There just a average hostel as any but they have great location. They need to work on there so called Christain outlook. I would suggest staying just don't expect extras.

• 14th Sep 2014

The lack of outlets in the dorms near the beds is a real downside to the experience of staying in your hostel. Providing an outlet per guest should be high on your priority list. Your charging service, while a viable temporary fix until outlets are installed, is a hassle for everyone.

• 13th Sep 2014

Nice and quiet with friendly staff. It's placed right in the Red Light and has a strict no drugs/alcohol policy, which I found excellent considering how the night life in Amsterdam is.

Great location, however I was in a female dorm room and men would be coming in all the time to talk to other guests and would walk through the door to get out of the hostel. Also my sheets were changed each day which was a pain as my pjs would get left on the windowsill. Great location. Weak shower pressure. No power points in the room. Staff don't know the city well enough. Great breakfast. No social side.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7