Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

What more could you possibly want in a hostel? Staff that become close friends, free hot breakfast an occasionally dinner, comfortable and new beds, movie nights, even ping pong! What more could you want? It's cheap, it's central, it's by far the best hostel I've stayed in.

• 16th Oct 2014

Overall its good but i dont like the thing everytime you enter you have to show a paper slip there can be a something better or an card reader at gate

I was surprised by the dirty toilets as i heard that the shelter was well know for his clean toilets and showers.... And the room in which i slept had 3 other guests who came in late. The last two at 4.00. A lot of noise at the corridors during the night, so i slept very bad. The staff was great tough!

• 12th Oct 2014

Wonderful people, food, and location. There is a cat, just so people with allergies know.

Everything was perfect, I would say that maybe the exposed pipes in our dorm could have been covered, and perhaps adding some art to the walls in the dorms would add some flare. I loved the homey decorative feel through out the hostel, but found the rooms lacking that feel due to them being so blank. But other then that my group had a great time, and loved how great the staff were.

Most staff were pleasant and helpful. One guy made me feel v.uncomfortable. Breakfast was great! I ate there once in the eve. Had the meatballs and they were hideous.

Me and a friend stayed at Shelter City for 4 nights and it was great! The staff are awesome and it really felt like they want their guest's best! Breakfast was rich and the dining room is full of games and musical instruments. We had a free city tour and an open mic night wich was also very nice! We rent a room without private bathroom so the public one was a bit not clean. But besides this, it was a pleasure staying there!!! I highly recomend shelter city!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Great place with awesome staff! :)

• 7th Oct 2014

Best stay ever! Great facilities, comfortable living arrangements and relaxing atmosphere. Very clean and genuinely nice and helpful staff. Prayer and night devotion was a plus! Thank you for making my stay awesome in Christ Jesus!

• 6th Oct 2014

what a nice and peaceful place!

• 5th Oct 2014

The staff were very nice and the location in Amsterdam is great. It has all of the facilities a backpacker needs and the option of a hot berakfast is very nice. If you are looking for just a nice place to stay with no party atmosphere then I would recommend it.

Amazing group of volunteers! Thank you so much for charging my kindle :) Great location to everything I wanted to see in Amsterdam. The staff was very informative and friendly even during hectic checkout. The breakfasts were amazing, thank you for the pancakes and french toast :)!!!

Extremely good location. Friendly staff and they cook good meals if you want something cheap. I think there were too many beds in the room for its size.

Can't find one thing, that was not OK. Location is great, very central, breakfast is nice, they even serve free dinner on Friday... Great hostel!

Nice location and quiet. But during sleeping, if you open the window, you can hear some noise. But it does not matter because of othe perfect things

Nice atmosphere with helpful people. If I go back to Amsterdã of course that will stay in Shelter City. Thanks a lot! Isabel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Highly recommended hostel. Great location!! As a female travelling alone, I felt quite safe in this hostel. There is a beautiful garden with a koi fish pond where you can hang out or eat your breakfast. It is very quite despite being right in the centre of town where all the actions are.

Great place! Breakfast included and staff is really nice and helpful! Easy to find, tubestation close. Walking distance to the city center. Great waffelplace next to the hostel!

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Finland

I love here. People works there are taking good care of me. The most friendly hostel ever!

the staff was very nice. everytime we passed them they were smiling for us and say hi. the breakfast was good.

• 29th Sep 2014