Shophouse The Social Hostel Reviews

48 Arab Street, Singapore, Singapore

Very secure hostel and a nice breakfast included too. Bedrooms were spacious with lockers and your own plug and light. It is just a short walk from Little India and it's pretty easy to get into the city centre from there. However, I wasn't too impressed with the bathrooms - one wasn't working and the other two smelt quite bad. The shower and toilet in one was probably the tightests packed I've seen, so it was drenched in there. Because of this I probably wouldn't return, otherwise it was great!

Shophouse was fantastic! Clearly well managed. Everything felt professional from the moment of check in. Especially helpful were the directions from public transport stations.

This hostel was one of the best hostels I've been in my journey. I'm traveling for a pretty long time now and I saw some more horrible ones, but not with this one. The security was perfect, they have free breakfast, a nice rooftop area and the staff was pretty friendly and helpful! The only thing what was not that nice is that they don't have a kitchen where you can prepare your own food. Anyway I can definitely recommend this hostel!!!

The worst hostel i ve seen in all my life..The bathroon was terrible,a lot of noise when u sleeping...The sistem of cameras doing a little noise for all the nigth.....Like pi,pi,pi,pi each 10 seconds...The cleaner was rude all the time...Microwaves was broked as well,no sugar on the breakfast.,..Good lucky if you chosed that!

• 5th Feb 2015

I have stayed here 4 or 5 times now already and is perfect for atmosphere and location - just what I need close to Bugis and in heart of Kampong Glam. However this time a couple of negatives. The setting up of breakfast seemed to be much later than normal Also the biggest problem for me was the v slow Wi-Fi speed. In the past it has been good and excellent Wi-Fi is by far the most important consideration for me when I come to SIN. Really hope it was a one-off because I really like staying here.

A very hipster vibe hostel, rooms are up a couple flight of stairs, so i would not advice you to stay here if you have a lot of luggage.

bathroom small but ok

Thank you so much to the staff who were really friendly (shared their own travel stories), and provided great suggestions and directions of the area. The kitchen upstairs could be better stocked with basics such as tea/coffee.

Very poor. Impossible to sleep in the dorms as people turn the lights on and off and have loud conversations all through the night . There's a very annoying beeping that comes from their front door also which can be heard anywhere. All the doors are key codes but they don't tell you as everyone always props them open, so if you go to the toilet at night prepare to be locked out and sleep on the balcony! Good location though.

Good location close. Room had a/c which was a dream as it was so hot outside. Only stayed here as I had an overnight stop en route to bangkok so not much time but I would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Loved this place! Will definitely stay again next time I'm in Singapore... great staff, awesome atmosphere and just a great place to hang out. :) The suburb was a great place to explore and lots of options for food and drinks. Thanks guys!!

Thank you for the sweet review! We are so glad you had a good time with us :) We look forward to seeing you again in Shophouse! Cheers!

Good social area on the roof. Breakfast simple but good. Friendly, helpful staff. The room I was in had no windows so was a bit dark, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Close to the MRT so easy to get around.

Thank you so much for the kind review! We hope you had as much fun in Shophouse as we did hosting you :) We used yellow bulbs instead of the normal white bulbs for the rooms so that the room won't be too bright and won't really bother other guests. Hope you had a good sleep anyway! Looking forward to seeing you again in Shophouse in the near future! Cheers!

Awesome rooftop to chillout, good airconditioning in rooms, very nice athmosphere, bathrooms could be cleaned a little bit more often, but all in all a great hostel! :-)

Thanks for the short yet sweet review! We hope you managed to make new friends at the social roof and had a wonderful time at Shophouse! Noted on the cleanliness, the housekeepers have been told to step up their cleaning :) We'll see you back in Shophouse next year! Cheers!