Silom Art Hostel Reviews

198/19-22 Soi Silom 14 on Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

Huge coach roaches, the woman who checked me in was extremely unfriendly, and I didn't see another living thing besides the coach roaches and the front desk person during my stay.

• 24th Jun 2014

The hostel is in a very good location, clean and the common spaces have a really nice design. It is very quiet, or at least it was during my stay at the end on May. The only think I didn't like about it is that the room didn't have any window, so as it was very difficult for me to wake up as I don't like a total darkness and I need a light to wake up. But this is more personal and could be a plus for others.

I love Silom Art Hostel. I've stayed here (together with my BF) for almost 1 month and all I can say is that I can stay here much longer if I have to. Place is beautiful--lots of art work, fast internet, perfect temperature of the AC, lovely rooms, laundry facilities, & generally okay staff (except for one). I will write a review about it recommending it in my Solitary Wanderer blog. It's not as accessible to the many street food in Silom, but the BTS station is just an 8-min walk away. Love it!

Great hostel! Had a good time celebrating Songkran in Silom since the hostel wasn't in the middle of the chaos (don't think that would be too much fun if we were in the center of it all). Super clean bedrooms and bathrooms, loved the hair drier in common baths.

Really cool hostel! Fairly quiet. Not a great place if your on your own and in need of mixing with other backpackers.

This is actually the 2nd time I've stayed at this hostel. It's pretty new so it's incredibly clean, the beds comfortable. Each bed had a socket, light, locker and all the rooms have air con. Bathrooms are equally clean and showers are good. It's located about a 10 min walk to a Sky train station which is handy. Silom is also a decent area if you want to avoid the Khao San Rd. As it's new though, it's pretty empty so no chance to meet others and socialise.

Excellent hostel. stopped in a dorm without windows which emant I slept really well. Beds felt a bit too close together however. Ok if sleeping next to a firnd but if on your own could be strange...Location was good - close to sky train and heart of silom area in general. Didn't feel as though there were that many people there however so although has the means to be very socialble i.e. good communal areas if people aren't there when you are then that becomes redundant!

Love the decour of the entire place. The private rooms are equal standard to hotel rooms, and the swanky decorations and detail adds to the experience. We stayed here on our arrival and quickly decided to stay here again on our way home.

Downtown in grungier authentic Silom, vibrant with street markets, massage parlours and the best cheap eats. Uniquely designed space, like staying in an art gallery with mismatched furniture, beer bottle murals, tropical fish tanks, bookshelves and swinging hammocks. Adorable staff. Cute handdrawn map of BK in our room but air was musty & troubled by mosquitoes in the night - needs a bit of an air out. However, found some bug spray. Good AC & clean linen and we loved the old piano downstairs.

The hostel is out of the tourist area but good for sorting things out like visas and such. It is close to the sky train which connects you to the shopping area as well. The hostel looks really fancy and is very clean.

Very good hostel. More expensive than thouse located in Kao San Rd, but these location worths the try. Still, for the price should at least include breakfast, and is really a pain in the ass they use the hostpot wifi system, so you have to ask for a nw password everyday, and you can get online only one device. The toilets are not really private as well.

The lady at night couldn't be more unpleasent. Always watching soap operas on the computer and seemed to be even bothered only by asking her to have my key when I checked in.... Only for her I would not recomend coming to this place anymore (I won't) there are more welcoming hostels in the area, i don't need someone to make me feel uncomfortable when coming back after a long day of sightseeing...

Located in Si Lom, you have many interesting things right around the corner. It's easy to get to the airport and to the main train station. The hostel itself has a great look: very creative interior and many funny details to discover! Beds were very comfy and staff was friendly. Overall it was very clean. No breakfast unfortunately, but many places to find food right outside. So that's no real problem. Very much recommended!

This hostel is decorated amazingly, i didnt find much difficulty in finding its location. Like the rooftop though not so many people discovered that corner. On the whole, Art silom is good but the toilet & bedroom should be cleaned daily since i coul see the rubbish bin uncleared from the time i came until leaving.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Vietnam

I loved Silom Art Hostel! Stayed in a 4-bed dorm room this time which was spacious, had power sockets and reading lights on each bed and a separate toilet and shower room! The hostel's funky design is really what's special here but there are free computers for you to use and a cinema room. Staff could cheer up a bit tho!?

Everything about this hostel is great. The inside of the building itself looks amazing. The private rooms are furbished with taste and the value for money is just crazy. You forget you're in a hostel. The shower is amazing and amazingly clean. The AC in the rooms and outside the rooms works perfectly. The internet works in the rooms as well as on the three computers. There are lots of spots to hang out at within the building. Definitely recommend this place!

The rooftop garden is gorgeous. And the interior decorations are creative. Spacious rooms. Friendly staff. And I like the lift. But a bit pricey.

Really nice looking hostel with good rooms. My shower was a bit temperamental. There is an awesome rooftop hangout and the hostel is 5mins from the sky rail. If it was busier while I was there it has the potential for an amazing atmosphere, with a piano, young staff and a good bar and amazing rooftop. I would say this is a great place for large groups.

A great hostel/hotel. Very cool and a lot of art. It is spacious and very clean. It is more a hotel than an hostel. If you are looking for a hostel atmosphere than this is not a good place. But if you are looking for a cool, comfortable place in Silon Bangkok and then this is the place to be.

Silom Art Hostel has world class facilities. Private rooms have their own showers and bathrooms and feel much like a hotel. The common area(s) are pretty awesome. Main floor - bar, pool table, tons of chill areas, kitchen with some simple dishes 2nd floor - computer area, hammocks, reading areas [BONUS: Try to find the hidden movie room, so sick!] Rooftop - Awesome area overlooking Silom. Has a bar. Could easily accommodate 50 people on the roof. Loved it. Will be back.

• 2nd Oct 2013