Silom Art Hostel Reviews

198/19-22 Soi Silom 14 on Silom Rd., Bangkok, Thailand

Hostel had a nice atmosphere along with good facilities,however some of the night staff acted rude when being asked simple questions and the shower flooded one half of our room

Very clean and funky place to stay. Cool ambiance and the private rooms are spacious with a large shower. Air-con works great. Delicious street food just 5 min away.

The most interesting looking hostel I've been in! So many fun details. Very clean and friendly. You get your own reading light and outlet by the bed. For some reason there weren't too many other travellers at the moment - maybe it's new? I would appreciate a kitchen but perhaps that's not common in Thailand hostels.

It was well structured, clean, and nicely built as well as very helpful staff.

Amazingly beautiful hostel.

The receptionist who checked me in was quite possibly the rudest individual I ahve evr come into contact with. It truly ruined the rest of the short time I had at the hostel. It is called the "hospitality" business for a reason. She was more concerned with watching her YouTube video then acknowlodging me. Did not speak a single word to me and acted pissed when I asked for something as simple as a wifi password. Dissapointing.

Huge coach roaches, the woman who checked me in was extremely unfriendly, and I didn't see another living thing besides the coach roaches and the front desk person during my stay.

• 24th Jun 2014

The hostel is in a very good location, clean and the common spaces have a really nice design. It is very quiet, or at least it was during my stay at the end on May. The only think I didn't like about it is that the room didn't have any window, so as it was very difficult for me to wake up as I don't like a total darkness and I need a light to wake up. But this is more personal and could be a plus for others.

I love Silom Art Hostel. I've stayed here (together with my BF) for almost 1 month and all I can say is that I can stay here much longer if I have to. Place is beautiful--lots of art work, fast internet, perfect temperature of the AC, lovely rooms, laundry facilities, & generally okay staff (except for one). I will write a review about it recommending it in my Solitary Wanderer blog. It's not as accessible to the many street food in Silom, but the BTS station is just an 8-min walk away. Love it!

Great hostel! Had a good time celebrating Songkran in Silom since the hostel wasn't in the middle of the chaos (don't think that would be too much fun if we were in the center of it all). Super clean bedrooms and bathrooms, loved the hair drier in common baths.

Really cool hostel! Fairly quiet. Not a great place if your on your own and in need of mixing with other backpackers.

This is actually the 2nd time I've stayed at this hostel. It's pretty new so it's incredibly clean, the beds comfortable. Each bed had a socket, light, locker and all the rooms have air con. Bathrooms are equally clean and showers are good. It's located about a 10 min walk to a Sky train station which is handy. Silom is also a decent area if you want to avoid the Khao San Rd. As it's new though, it's pretty empty so no chance to meet others and socialise.

Excellent hostel. stopped in a dorm without windows which emant I slept really well. Beds felt a bit too close together however. Ok if sleeping next to a firnd but if on your own could be strange...Location was good - close to sky train and heart of silom area in general. Didn't feel as though there were that many people there however so although has the means to be very socialble i.e. good communal areas if people aren't there when you are then that becomes redundant!

Love the decour of the entire place. The private rooms are equal standard to hotel rooms, and the swanky decorations and detail adds to the experience. We stayed here on our arrival and quickly decided to stay here again on our way home.

Downtown in grungier authentic Silom, vibrant with street markets, massage parlours and the best cheap eats. Uniquely designed space, like staying in an art gallery with mismatched furniture, beer bottle murals, tropical fish tanks, bookshelves and swinging hammocks. Adorable staff. Cute handdrawn map of BK in our room but air was musty & troubled by mosquitoes in the night - needs a bit of an air out. However, found some bug spray. Good AC & clean linen and we loved the old piano downstairs.

The hostel is out of the tourist area but good for sorting things out like visas and such. It is close to the sky train which connects you to the shopping area as well. The hostel looks really fancy and is very clean.

Very good hostel. More expensive than thouse located in Kao San Rd, but these location worths the try. Still, for the price should at least include breakfast, and is really a pain in the ass they use the hostpot wifi system, so you have to ask for a nw password everyday, and you can get online only one device. The toilets are not really private as well.

The lady at night couldn't be more unpleasent. Always watching soap operas on the computer and seemed to be even bothered only by asking her to have my key when I checked in.... Only for her I would not recomend coming to this place anymore (I won't) there are more welcoming hostels in the area, i don't need someone to make me feel uncomfortable when coming back after a long day of sightseeing...

Located in Si Lom, you have many interesting things right around the corner. It's easy to get to the airport and to the main train station. The hostel itself has a great look: very creative interior and many funny details to discover! Beds were very comfy and staff was friendly. Overall it was very clean. No breakfast unfortunately, but many places to find food right outside. So that's no real problem. Very much recommended!

This hostel is decorated amazingly, i didnt find much difficulty in finding its location. Like the rooftop though not so many people discovered that corner. On the whole, Art silom is good but the toilet & bedroom should be cleaned daily since i coul see the rubbish bin uncleared from the time i came until leaving.

• 5th Dec 2013