Sleepy Kiwi Reviews

55 Bussorah Street, Singapore, Singapore

The location was pretty nice. Not too far of a walk from Bugis station. Facilities wise, the toilets on the ground floor wasn't very clean. There were lots of dust and at one point it smelled a bit like urine as well. My bedroom also smelled a bit damp, but the aircon was nice and cool so I slept very well. Breakfasts were average, but they got nice coffee. Fine for the money I paid for.

Check in is 2pm, also the staff are really strict on this and even though no one was in the room we were not able to check in until this time. The baggage room area is literally a room you walk through so not very secure either. The private rooms are a room inside the dorm rooms, which means you have to walk through the dorms to get in & out. Not very secure for the people in the dorms. The bathroom is open air, with no doors and is connected to the dorms which means mosquito in the rooms.

No sun light enters the room

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in and I say that as a seasoned traveller. Dirty bed sheets, one dirty song lie duvet for two people in a double bed. Incredibly noisy all night and paper thin 'walls'. It is basically one giant dorm with no privacy. 4 toilets for 80+ guests and a very dirty kitchen. Also suspected. Complete waste of our money and I wish I had paid more attention to our poor reviews.

• 26th Nov 2015

An absolutely lovely hostel. Enjoyed our short stay here, as a perfect place to relax. The atmosphere was gorgeous and chilled, with comfortable social spaces and use of the facilities even after check out. Felt like we could've stayed another week.

I really my stay at sleepy kiwi! I absolutly can recommend this hostel. :)

There are too many beds in a too small area. The hostel basically is one big dorm, which has separate cabins around it with thin and partly open doors which are the 'private rooms' (so when you exit your room you're in the dorm) There are only 4 showers for about 50people, which is not enough especially not since the toilet are in de showers, so very often you had to wait in line for people to finish showering just to go to the toilet...

• 28th Aug 2015

I stayed for about a week and it's a great hostel to stay in, I would definitely go back, the breakfast is good with not only toast but also fruits and there is a great atmosphere, a good common area inside and outside to chill out and meet new people. The hostel is located in a street where no cars are allowed and with view at the sultan mosque at the end of the street. Rooms are clean, a/c can be a bit cold at night and there are very few toilets and showers. I enjoyed my stay though.

• 16th Aug 2015

What can I say about this hostel is what you get is what you pay. Location is very good, near 7/11, a lot of restaurants nearby (Kampong Glam and you should try Zam Zam Restaurant too). Nearest MRT would be Nicoll Highway station, but I took bus sometimes too and hop off near hostel. What's disappointing me would be the bed was messy when I came, pillow and blanket was thin, no private locker on each bed, little bit hot in the room, no free mineral water.

Perfect location,lovely staffs,even though the bathing facilities and the beds weren't so good but still bearable. Definitely Will come back again.

• 13th Aug 2015