Small World Guesthouse in Kyoto Reviews

25-10 Shimotorida-Tyou Murasakino, Kita-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The place is a real traditional japanese house, so you nave to be prepared to a very spartan room. If you want to reach the toilets you have to go outside the building so it's quite a problem in winter when it's cold. Same story fo the shower. We found some insects in the toilet and shower. The hostel is difficult to find, but it's near to metro station. You can easily reach the Golden Pavillion by walking for 40 minutes Good to stay there for fewfew days to taste real japanese style but no

Not for everyone. Not terrible but not great either.

Loved this small hostel, rooms and equipment like from Miyazaki's cartoons, small kitchen and dining room was simply 'cute', and I normally don't use this word. Warning for all tall travellers as myself... I hit my head frequently during my stay, but still liked the place. Little bit far from all major attractions and subway but if you are reasonably fit you can get everywhere on bike for 500 yen/day, and cycling in Osaka is one of the most amazing experiences I had in Japan.