Sparkling Dolphins Inn Kyoto Reviews

Kamigoreicho 56,Higashi Kujyo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

It was a 10 minute walk from Kyoto Station, the staff were accommodating, spacious receiving area. Just bring your indoor slippers since they will charge you for it. I've stayed in more cheaper hostel and had a great time but in here, it is just ordinary.

The dorm room was smelling and very crowded. It did not look clean. The staff was not very responsive. Had to go in to a different hotel to check in which is a 15 min walk from the place and had to wait there for 20 mins for some one to attend to me

The mixed dorm is immediately next tot he common area so sleeping in is not an option as the walls are paper thin. There is only one toilet and shower; they're each in their own "rooms," connected to the kitchen / dining room / common area. The bathroom sink is next to the stove so I could see / hear people brushing their teeth while eating. There is no security; there are no locks on the doors--dormitory or the front door. The ONLY good thing was it was a 15 minute walk from Kyoto Station.

• 26th Nov 2014

on arrival the guy on night shift was really rude. kept muttering in japanese. said the common room was closed at 11pm, we were unpacking at 11.15 because we didn't want to wake everyone in the room up and we got told off and he continued to mutter. location was good, 5 minute walk to JR station and easy to get to. my room was downstairs, right next to the common area and the dryer, which was incredibly noisy at 6am.

I thought this facility was very clean and well kept. It is not too far from Kyoto station either, so it is in a great location. I also liked that the hostel let us store our bags there. The only drawback for me and my friends (we are mostly 29 and 30 years old) was sharing a room with may other people who were not very quiet. I would definitely go back, especially if I could have a room with fewer people.

Room was ok, but the guy on the phone was rude and unkind. And there wasn't enough stock of toilet paper. I won't come here again.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Japan

Hotel toilet is quite dirty with bad smelling, no cleaning up.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

If you can get a place at J-Hoppers (literally on the same block) you will get better accommodation for a better price! I stayed in dorms at both places.

Dorms bed are about 1m90.

The hostel is near to train station. Dorm room was small and very basic with only 1 shower and 1 toilet. Shower were really annoying, the water automatically off after 20 seconds. No curtain around the bed was provided for privacy. There were empty beds and I asked for change to a lower bed but they refused.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel inn was pretty decent. It was a last minute booking and we got a place to stay the day before during the typhoon season. The location was a bit hard to find we had to ask some locals for the directions during the day but overall the hostel was great for one night, The subway station was not very far and we could leg it to Kyoto Station in about 10 minutes so overall it was not a bad location. Only thing that could be improved is just a bigger sign on the front.

5 of my friends took the 10 person mixed dorm, free wifi was given at the waiting area at the check in counter. There was only one toilet and one shower room to be shared by 10 person, to me it was not a problem considering the amount we are paying. Generally it was clean , bed furniture was new and comfortable. Location wise it is about 10 minutes walk down south from Kyoto main Train Station, reasonably near.