Sparkling Dolphins Inn Kyoto Reviews

Kamigoreicho 56,Higashi Kujyo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Absolutly is not hostel!

Toilet broken down and yet still didn't make any effort to fix it. I don't think they cleaning much the everyday too. they also turned off the light after 11 PM, which i think not necessary because we might want to stay around in the living room reading books, browsing, etc that didnt make noise yet we have no choice but to go back to our (dark-dorm) room. Breakfast also not really provided, as on my 3rd day no butter at all.They should replenish it on daily basis. Dryer machine also not working

Won't stay at this hostel again. We have no choice when we booked this hostel because everything is full booked except this hostel. Luckily we only spent 1 night here. The bidet toilet is not working, the bath is not clean. The room is very narrow. No locker for store your valuables. They turn off everything at 11 P.M. And the bed is very hard and not pleasant to sleep on!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

It was a 10 minute walk from Kyoto Station, the staff were accommodating, spacious receiving area. Just bring your indoor slippers since they will charge you for it. I've stayed in more cheaper hostel and had a great time but in here, it is just ordinary.

The dorm room was smelling and very crowded. It did not look clean. The staff was not very responsive. Had to go in to a different hotel to check in which is a 15 min walk from the place and had to wait there for 20 mins for some one to attend to me

The mixed dorm is immediately next tot he common area so sleeping in is not an option as the walls are paper thin. There is only one toilet and shower; they're each in their own "rooms," connected to the kitchen / dining room / common area. The bathroom sink is next to the stove so I could see / hear people brushing their teeth while eating. There is no security; there are no locks on the doors--dormitory or the front door. The ONLY good thing was it was a 15 minute walk from Kyoto Station.

• 26th Nov 2014

on arrival the guy on night shift was really rude. kept muttering in japanese. said the common room was closed at 11pm, we were unpacking at 11.15 because we didn't want to wake everyone in the room up and we got told off and he continued to mutter. location was good, 5 minute walk to JR station and easy to get to. my room was downstairs, right next to the common area and the dryer, which was incredibly noisy at 6am.

I thought this facility was very clean and well kept. It is not too far from Kyoto station either, so it is in a great location. I also liked that the hostel let us store our bags there. The only drawback for me and my friends (we are mostly 29 and 30 years old) was sharing a room with may other people who were not very quiet. I would definitely go back, especially if I could have a room with fewer people.

Room was ok, but the guy on the phone was rude and unkind. And there wasn't enough stock of toilet paper. I won't come here again.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Japan

Don't stay here. No security at all. No lockers. No front door lock despite reception closing at night so random people could come in. No room lock. Tiny, tiny dorm room. The one shared shower and toilet for the entire hostel is always in use and the shower is on a 30 second timer so it turns itself off every 30 seconds, very annoying as to turn it back on is difficult to do. Thank god it was a only a 15 minute walk to the train station.

Hotel toilet is quite dirty with bad smelling, no cleaning up.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

If you can get a place at J-Hoppers (literally on the same block) you will get better accommodation for a better price! I stayed in dorms at both places.

Dorms bed are about 1m90.