Sparkling Dolphins Inn Kyoto Reviews

Kamigoreicho 56,Higashi Kujyo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Horrible and probably worst experience. No one was at the reception when I arrived or no one would answer the phone so I basically wasn't able to stay.

Absolutly is not hostel!

Toilet broken down and yet still didn't make any effort to fix it. I don't think they cleaning much the everyday too. they also turned off the light after 11 PM, which i think not necessary because we might want to stay around in the living room reading books, browsing, etc that didnt make noise yet we have no choice but to go back to our (dark-dorm) room. Breakfast also not really provided, as on my 3rd day no butter at all.They should replenish it on daily basis. Dryer machine also not working

Won't stay at this hostel again. We have no choice when we booked this hostel because everything is full booked except this hostel. Luckily we only spent 1 night here. The bidet toilet is not working, the bath is not clean. The room is very narrow. No locker for store your valuables. They turn off everything at 11 P.M. And the bed is very hard and not pleasant to sleep on!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

It was a 10 minute walk from Kyoto Station, the staff were accommodating, spacious receiving area. Just bring your indoor slippers since they will charge you for it. I've stayed in more cheaper hostel and had a great time but in here, it is just ordinary.

The dorm room was smelling and very crowded. It did not look clean. The staff was not very responsive. Had to go in to a different hotel to check in which is a 15 min walk from the place and had to wait there for 20 mins for some one to attend to me

The mixed dorm is immediately next tot he common area so sleeping in is not an option as the walls are paper thin. There is only one toilet and shower; they're each in their own "rooms," connected to the kitchen / dining room / common area. The bathroom sink is next to the stove so I could see / hear people brushing their teeth while eating. There is no security; there are no locks on the doors--dormitory or the front door. The ONLY good thing was it was a 15 minute walk from Kyoto Station.

• 26th Nov 2014

on arrival the guy on night shift was really rude. kept muttering in japanese. said the common room was closed at 11pm, we were unpacking at 11.15 because we didn't want to wake everyone in the room up and we got told off and he continued to mutter. location was good, 5 minute walk to JR station and easy to get to. my room was downstairs, right next to the common area and the dryer, which was incredibly noisy at 6am.