Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent, will come back nexr year!

Hotels in Amsterdam are incredibly expensive, so this option is perfect if you don't mind sharing a room with others (which is always more fun!) The location is perfect, I did not use the trams at all and just walked to Leidseplein and other places, Amsterdam is quite small so you can get your way around easy. The staff is friendly, speaks multiple languages and the beds are clean. Also there is enough bathroom facilities, options to put your backpack in a locker and breakfast included, great!

• 16th Oct 2014

Hostel's is a stone's throw from the red light district. You can also walk to the various attractions further south of Rotterdam central. Big lockers to store luggages which were a plus. Breakfast was good too. They have a no food policy so do take note. Overall facilities were clean and well numbered (I.e. showers and toilets).

Bar within the hostel was great. Location awesome, 5 minutes from the Red Light District. Rooms weren't amazing but they really only get used for sleeping when you're in Amsterdam! Met some cool people there too. Price was good during the week but gets a lot more expensive on the weekends. WiFi only in the common areas but no biggie. Pretty decent stay all around

So be forewarned that there are 3 different stayokays in the city of amsterdam. The bus driver gave me directions to the wrong one and when I got there they said I didn't have a reservation even though I did. I ended up staying at the wrong one just because I didn't feel like travelling anymore that day. I also had to pay twice as much to stay at this one even though it was further away from the city centre. Not to mention that there was a sketchy homeless person camped outsidethe entrance.

Perfect location for a hostel. The staff were friendly enough, the place just lacked atmosphere. Felt more like a hotel, and if you're room is on the first floor the closest bathroom is the floor above!

Even though it is a big hostel I still managed to meet people during breakfast and the common areas! The only annoying thing is that there are no power points in the rooms, but they make up for this by having some in the common areas..so it is not too bad. Beds, rooms and bathroom are clean. Pretty good value for money, I was happy with my choice!

Awesome place, staff are so relaxed and helpful. Easy to meet people at breakfast and at the bar. Good location.

very good location,helpful staff,and very comfortable beds. definitely coming back here next time.

Found the staff to be excellent and very helpful. Sharing a room with 20 people was surprisingly quiet and I slept well during the nights. As a man I don't mind sharing a bathroom with women, however could see that this might be a problem for some women. Of course the showers and toilets are enclosed, but the mirrors and wash basins are shared. Overall my experience here was excellent and I would happily return.

• 5th Oct 2014

i am only saying poor on security as when we were there, our lockers got broken into. Luckily nothing valuable was stolen and our passports were still there however this is something the hostel need to look into as in most peoples minds, security is the most important factor.

• 4th Oct 2014

The location of this hostel was amazing but I feel like it was very expensive (weekend rate) for what it was. There are no lights or plugs beside the beds which I felt was a little annoying. Breakfast ends at 9:30 which I also felt was very early as most hostels I have stayed at end around 11. There was no real common area for which you can bring your own alcohol and hang out with friends. All this being said, the location was really very very good.

There were places to lock your stuff away, and you needed a key to get into the place. The location is excellent. It's close to everything. The staff was friendly. However, the guy at night wasn't that helpful. I don't know that it was his fault. One night, the internet went out. He said that he was unable to fix it. He doesn't have access to the router. Why would this be true? It might be, but he should have permission to fix the internet. We need it! It's clean. I'd recommend it.

Good value for money sort walking distance to red light district and centre of town. Nice quite location, no kitchen. All in all good place to stay highly recommend.

This pleasantly surprises me. I will definitely stay here again on any future visits.

• 19th Sep 2014

The stairs will rock you when headed to the top floor, other than that the bar was good nice pool table and a decent location. The two benches outside were nice to relax and have a decent lunch next to the water.

The location is good as it near red district light. They have locker in the dorm just they only have wifi in the lounge area not inside the room. The lounge area is not so clean. Mostly the staffs is helpful

It was okay!

I stayed at stayokay hostel with a friend for two nights. We loved it and will definitely stay there again. This place was near to everything and by everything I mean "everything". Don't even think about another hostel... Loved staff. Thanks

• 10th Sep 2014

Wish I could have blazed in the hostel. The guy who checked me in didn't inform me of some of the services in the Hostel... there was a kitchen looking thing, not sure if they served breakfast or was available to use. I heard about discounts on tours when another person checked in. Other than that, great hostel. Great location.

• 5th Sep 2014