Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A cheap place just for spending a night or so. No social atmosphere at all. Sleeping there is not really comfortable. Shower is bad. But it is really in the city center and close to a lot of things.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • China

Mostly friendly staff! Who have good security standards. Free breakfast in the morning is such a perk! Great location and quite a clean place with a friendly atmosphere. Would definitely go back again!

• 20th Apr 2015

Very helpful and knowledgeable people @ the front desk !!!

• 15th Apr 2015

thanks for your great review, we appreciate your positive respons!

Super clean! Awesome location! Wish the lockers would have been in the same room but everything else was awesome!

I liked the location, which is about 15 minutes brisk walk from the Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are close

• 13th Apr 2015

Good hostel , good location.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks for the review, very positive;) See you next year;) Greets Ruben

I stayed here over easter weekend. What you are paying when you stay here is for the absolutely perfect location right in Amsterdam. They had big lockers (Don't forget to bring a lock!) but they only had one power outlet for a dorm room of 20 people. Maybe put a few power strips in the upper dorm rooms? Breakfast was good, and in the end I can put up with rotating chargers just to have a 5-minute walk to the hostel when out and about in Amsterdam. Thanks for an all around enjoyable stay.

Break fast is very good, Staff are very supportive.

Hey ! Thanks for letting us know that you had a great stay. And it's super that you mentioned our great staff;)! We hope we'll see you very soon! Have a great evening! Ruben

Great location in the heart of Amsterdam. The reason I gave 3 stars for facilities is due to the lack of charging ports in the rooms and limited access in the lobby.

Hello ! You're right about the plugs. We are thinking about a solution for this;) For now you can charge all your devices at the reception, this is also more safe;) I'm happy that you had a great stay and had fun in Amsterdam! See you next time!

I really had a nice stay in this hostel. The location is perfect, central, close to the station and other places. The staff were really nice and welcoming, they helped me translating ducth into english and printed off my boarding pass. Both the dormitory and the bathroom were really clean every day. The sheets given were clean and the dormitory really warm. In the bathrooms there are lots of toilets and showers. Overall I really enjoyed my stay there and would absolutely recommend it to friends

What a great review! Thanks for giving other people a lot of information about the hostel and your experience. We love to see you and maybe some friends of you in the future! Thanks again! Have a great evening. Ruben

The hostel location was great. You can walk from the train station (easier than public transit) and to all the attractions. We stayed in a 20 bed mix dorm and the beds were clean but it felt a bit like a hospital wing. Definitely bring ear plugs and an eye mask because there doesn't seem to be an enforced "quiet time". That would have been our only complaint. A lot of loud kids even at 3am but it is a hostel. The breakfast was nice. Having breakfast included was why we choice this hostel.

Hi, It's nice to read that you liked the breakfast especially because this was the reason that you booked it. The rooms are compared to our other StayOkay hostels in Amsterdam pretty big. Maybe you can also have a look at StayOkay Vondelpark;) See you soon, thanks for the review! Ruben

Nice, bright room and clean bathrooms. Wi-Fi would only work in the lobby at night, which was quite frustrating. Bar closes early and the staff serving drinks and food are slow, but it's fine for having a couple drinks before going out. Good location, i could walk to everything. Really good breakfast selection in the mornings. I would stay here again.

Decent all around and staff was pleasant but lacked little amenities like shelves& hooks in dorms and shower stalls. To get out of the shower once dressed, one had to step back into the pool of water. I was initially given a locker way over my head.. I would prefer to rent not buy a towel.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm also not the tallest of the world so for people like us we have a stool in every floor to help us reaching the top locker;). More shelves & hooks are maybe a good idea, thanks for that suggestion! We hope you liked our city and we hope you will visit us again next time. Have a great evening! Regards, Ruben

Excellent hostel, well located, lovely staff, delicious breakfast and great atmosphere. When in Amsterdam again, I'd definitely stay there!

It's nice to read that you will visit us again when you are in Amsterdam! Thanks for the review and we look forward to see you! Greets Ruben

Everything was very nice, especially the one girl working at reception.

Thank you for your great review, Zeljko!

Pros: Extremely comfortable beds, showers had hot water and good water pressure, the location was amazing. Cons: HORRIBLE WIFI, slightly sketchy security (there was a super high guy wandering around the lobby and staircases for two days offering people LSD who apparently was not a guest), and the common spaces closed at 11:00 (seems pretty early). Also a couple of the front desk people were pretty rude.

Thank you for your great review, We are sorry to hear that our staff seemed rude, that is something we do not like of course! We will definitely take this up in our team. Drugs are not allowed in our hostel, also we do not let persons in if they are not guests. We actually did remove this creepy dude from the hostel twice, he was pretty persistent unfortunately... Glad to know you still had a good time with us and thanks for the feedback!

Great hostel ! Very close from all, very safe as well

One woman at reception was really rude but the rest were nice. There's a serious lack of plugs to charge phones in the rooms and the lobby area.

Hi, thanks for your great review, Sorry to hear that you did get a chance to charge your phone, there are more phones then outlets unfortunately! At the reception we can actually charge your phone for you (24 hours) safe and free of charge. Hope you had a nice time in Amsterdam!

Lovely hostel in excellenf condition. Would definitrly stay here agin.

• 13th Mar 2015

It was a horrible environment filled with the scum of the earth. I was accosted by a man who was on drugs in the lobby. He pulled down his pants and ran at me and the staff did nothing to stop it. The building was filled with debacherous and seemingly unsatisfactory people. The room was loud all night long and I didn't get a moment of sleep all night.

Dear Caroline. First of all we are really sorry that you had this experience! There was a guy that couldn't act normal because he ate too much mushrooms. According to the police my colleagues acted well. They kept him away from other guests, they called the police and stayed with him until he was back to his senses 4 hours later. On behalf of this person, we offer our apologies. We understand that this can be a moving experience, therefore you can mail us at service@vondelpark.stayokay.com.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5