Fabulous 2,449 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,449 Total Reviews
Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Located at Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB
83% 2449
52.3688130 4.8970270
    Rooms available

5th Jan 2017
5.7

The hostel itself was pretty much fine (less han fantastic cleaning under the beds, found dust and a bottle under mine) what made my experience less than great was another guest who a) gave me a cold and b) was some special kind of unstable (cursing out other guests, asking wildly rude and inappropriate questions when she didn't get her way). Maybe stick to smaller rooms? The walls are thin and the bathroom was mixed gender which was discomfiting for showering. Staff aren't very knowledgeable.

Thanks for your review, your roommate sounds like a bit of a strange nightmare. So sorry to hear this happened, I don't know if you informed the reception during your stay, but please know that we can always change you to a different room or take action on this. Thanks again and safe travels!

5th Jan 2017
5.1

Front desk was rude and very unhelpful. My 13 year old daughter and I stayed. Upon arrival there were men in the front of the hostel getting into a physical fight and when I went to the front desk they ignored what I told them and said it was safe. The last night my key card demagnetized and the front desk man argued with me about making another. He yelled at me and did so to others walking in the door. I would have stayed elsewhere but I only stayed 2 nights. Will never recommend or return! !

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you had such a rough welcome to Amsterdam! Also we appreciate your feedback a lot and we will check what happened during the night, we do not ever want our guests to be yelled at. If there is anything you would still like to share with us please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2017
6.6

Staff was mostly helpful. Upon arrival our beds did not have pillows or comforters and there was trash everywhere. The man at the front desk had a hard time understanding what I was saying. Overall experience was fine. Location was ideal. Great if get it for cheap price, probably not worth it if they overprice it (I paid $46 a night).

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback!

• Italy, Mixed Group, 31-40
31st Dec 2016

Hostel was very good exactly in the center of the city. The only thing that could be improved is that it could be a bit warmer in the toilets.

27th Dec 2016

Wasn't thrilled about the price, however it was a very spacious hostel and the location is great. they definitely offered the best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel!

27th Dec 2016

This is a good hostel. I stayed in the largest mixed room for 30 euros/night. Breakfast was good and included. I had toast, juice, and a coffee. Showers and bathrooms were clean. Wifi was open so no problems with connectivity. I'd stay again. Next time I'll go to in-house bar after I visit a coffee shop.

Thanks for your great review, our bar staff will be happy to see you come in for a chill out session!

22nd Dec 2016
6.3

The staff was friendly but the hostel was so uninviting. The rooms felt like jail cells and the bathrooms were like 100+ people sharing them so they got dirty quickly. The restrooms were the thing that I didn't lime the most. The bed area again felt like jail we had a room with 20 people which is fine I guess but for 4 of the 5 days we were there had the RUDEST people in our room with us so we could hardly sleep. The lst day when they left and new people came was the only day we got a good sleep

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
17th Dec 2016
8.0

It's within walking distance to Chinatown and red light district, about 20 mins walk to main train station. Bed is comfortable and it comes with free breakfast so that's really good for value. Breakfast area also serves as a bar at night, but not much of an atmosphere. But it's quiet and clean, so I'd recommend to others.

17th Dec 2016

A nice place to sleep and to venture out to explore city. Within walking distance of major museums and the Red Light District. The atmosphere was pretty quiet and the bar was dead when I checked it out for happy hour one day.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
16th Dec 2016

Great location, awesome breakfast. Bathrooms were big and clean, a little but smelly at times but good. Rooms were comfortable and big.