Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Me and a group of six other people stayed in this hostel when we went to Amsterdam. It really was great, we were worried about staying with another 13 people (in the 20 person mixed dorm) but ended up not having any issues with it; it actually worked out great. The staff were really friendly. Just remember to bring shower shoes and you'll be fine!!

• 13th Nov 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at so far. Loved the breakfast buffet in the morning also.

• 11th Nov 2014

The wifi goes in and out plus there is only one outlet in the room but if you go to the bar it's fine.

Bar is cash only. Rooms are good, but with plug ins were more convenient for upper bunks to charge things. Showers are cooed and clean. Seems to always be very busy. Most people are 18 to 25. Went in November and saw no older people.

• 9th Nov 2014

I like to stay here cuz it's walkable to go anywhere you like, but there're two things that they need to improve on, more outlets to plug electronic devices in the room and small bathroom in the room as well, but overall is great I like it

We had a wonderful time here! The staff answered all our silly questions with grace, thanks guys! The location was wonderful and we could get anywhere we wanted to go pretty easily on food. I was so impressed by the cleanliness of the bathrooms and the comfort of the beds. The only downside was the lack of outlets, but they did offer charging at the front desk. The community space was welcoming too!

The perfect solution for those who get used to situations and want to stay in a great position paying just few money. Big and well prepared breakfast and 5 minutes walking from the center. I'd recommand this place to everyone!

• 31st Oct 2014

Really nice hostel! central and quite! big breakfast in the morning nice stuff the best! don t remember to bring with you a padlock for the box or you have to buy it there!

• 30th Oct 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for you awesome words (and good advice for other guests). Hope to see you back here.

The hostel was situated perfectly where everything was a short distance away. The rooms were not crowded and the people were pleasant. I had a fantastic stay i just wish they would let you smoke out in the courtyard but overall it was great

Hi , Thank you so much for you great comments. We know about the courtyard, we cannot allow it because the windows of several rooms are right next to this part and we don't want to bother the other guests with the smell. Happy you liked it and hope to see you again!

Staff very nice, polite and helpful. In the dorms too many beds and too many light switches and not in the right location.. Very few powerpoints in the room but you can re charge at reception. You can walk from central Station and takes no more than 20 mins max.

Hi there, How great to hear you had a good time. We hope the charging service at the desk was a suitable solution for you. Hope to see you again!

I stayed just one night because of my travel plans, but that was good stay! I can't complain at all, chose 20 bed dorm which was better than I expected, nice atmosphere, really good bar downstairs with nice prices (to compare to whole Amsterdam). Really recommend that place!

It was in a fabulous location, spacious, clean,comfortable and helpful staff. Nice mix of people and just an all round great hostel.

For a cheap accommodation option this is basically good value for money. The bathroom/shower block had a constant smell of ass, but you can see that it gets cleaned regularly so this smell has mysterious origins. The girls in my dorm were all lovely and minded their own business, however if you're a bit of a princess and can't deal with others snoring or people coming and going throughout the night then this is NOT the place for you. I enjoyed my stay, felt safe and staff were wonderful x

• 25th Oct 2014

Great location, friendly staff.

Location is great, staff are alright, the night guy is a bit rude. The bar could be so much better if they had decent drink deals. I would stay there again only because of the location

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, always helpfull! We regret hearing this about out one of our night gards, we will review your feedback with our night staff. We do have happy hour at out bar, sorry to hear that you either missed it or had different expectations. We'd be happy to welcome you again and hope to give you a better service on some aspects that time!

Clean and nice hostel with a big breakfast buffet.

Very lively and friendly atmopshere Rooms and beds very clean and comfortbale Toilet and shower facilities are of a very good standard and were always kept clean Staff were very helpful

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Excellent, will come back nexr year!

Hotels in Amsterdam are incredibly expensive, so this option is perfect if you don't mind sharing a room with others (which is always more fun!) The location is perfect, I did not use the trams at all and just walked to Leidseplein and other places, Amsterdam is quite small so you can get your way around easy. The staff is friendly, speaks multiple languages and the beds are clean. Also there is enough bathroom facilities, options to put your backpack in a locker and breakfast included, great!

• 16th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay. I liked the location all cool here

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5