Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

• charl_link5183
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
20th Jun 2017
8.0

Really good location, only a short walk to the red light district, boat tours, shops, public transport. Everything is close by. Breakfast was a little pricey but it was nice and you can eat as much as you want for the €6.50. Staff were always nice and friendly. The room we had was a 20 bed girls dorm - only downside is the weather was so hot and it had no aircon. It was too hot in the room, but other than that everything was clean and we enjoyed our stay.

• uogultekin
  • Turkey, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

The room was so hot and there was little fresh air. Rest was good.

14th Jun 2017
6.9

It is a quite hostel. Atmosphere was not that friendly plus the overall age was pretty high for a hostel. The bar is not really used because it is so tucked away. Great location though and it was a place to sleep. Also it was very helpful to be able to buy tickets at the hostel instead of online or at the place.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2017
7.7

Nice hostel no complaints from me. Rooms get a little warm at night but hey thats why you can open the windows right ;)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017
6.9

Pretty solid hostel, there's a lot nicer though to be honest,you have to pay to keep luggage in lockers and you're not allowed to use their bowls to have your own breakfast and their breakfast is pretty expensive (compared to buying cereal in the shop) like, the hostel was fine just not great.

11th Jun 2017

Loved this hostel and had very few complaints. Super clean and super convenient location! My one and only complaint was that the men and women's bathroom were connected I think? I went to take a shower and heard some Brits come into the women's bathroom being very loud. It didn't help that the women's bathroom was right next to the bar/breakfast area. Other than that I completely enjoyed my stay!

• jack_hampton481
  • England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
4.6

That was THE worst hostel I've ever stayed at... Useless receptionist told us there was no booking when we arrived, then told us the booking was only for 1 person.. Room was hot, dirty & loud. No hot water on 1st morning/night. We barely slept at night as my gf and I were in a room with 14 lads (several returned at 2am/3am). She also felt very uncomfortable around so many drunk/drugged-up lads as the only girl. Only positives are the large lockers, security & location. Would NOT recommend!!

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not expect your expectations. I just looked into your booking and saw that the booking was made for two males. This is probably why you ended up in a male dorm.I wish we could have placed you in a more quite, mixed dorm at that moment. The dorms are large indeed and can get noisy in and around the weekend. We try our best to keep noisy people down a bit. This can be a tough challenge from time to time.

• USA, Male, 18-24
4.0

STAY AWAY! The only reason this place has good reviews is because those posting only care about the location and price (even though there are plenty of better hostels at the same price point in the area). Uncomfotable anti-social atmosphere, lousy, often rude staff who clearly hate their jobs, worst breakfast in the city, and to top it off, their bar area is a complete joke (even though its by far the nicest part of the building). Please don't stay here unless it is literally just for a bed.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

Honestly didn't spend too much time in this hostel because it was so well located to the coffee shops red light district and central Amsterdam but the beds were comfortable and everything was clean

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Jun 2017

Perfect I will be returning not far from the stuff I wanted to do in Amsterdam