Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent hostel, well located, lovely staff, delicious breakfast and great atmosphere. When in Amsterdam again, I'd definitely stay there!

Everything was very nice, especially the one girl working at reception.

Thank you for your great review, Zeljko!

Pros: Extremely comfortable beds, showers had hot water and good water pressure, the location was amazing. Cons: HORRIBLE WIFI, slightly sketchy security (there was a super high guy wandering around the lobby and staircases for two days offering people LSD who apparently was not a guest), and the common spaces closed at 11:00 (seems pretty early). Also a couple of the front desk people were pretty rude.

Thank you for your great review, We are sorry to hear that our staff seemed rude, that is something we do not like of course! We will definitely take this up in our team. Drugs are not allowed in our hostel, also we do not let persons in if they are not guests. We actually did remove this creepy dude from the hostel twice, he was pretty persistent unfortunately... Glad to know you still had a good time with us and thanks for the feedback!

Great hostel ! Very close from all, very safe as well

One woman at reception was really rude but the rest were nice. There's a serious lack of plugs to charge phones in the rooms and the lobby area.

Hi, thanks for your great review, Sorry to hear that you did get a chance to charge your phone, there are more phones then outlets unfortunately! At the reception we can actually charge your phone for you (24 hours) safe and free of charge. Hope you had a nice time in Amsterdam!

Lovely hostel in excellenf condition. Would definitrly stay here agin.

• 13th Mar 2015

It was a horrible environment filled with the scum of the earth. I was accosted by a man who was on drugs in the lobby. He pulled down his pants and ran at me and the staff did nothing to stop it. The building was filled with debacherous and seemingly unsatisfactory people. The room was loud all night long and I didn't get a moment of sleep all night.

Dear Caroline. First of all we are really sorry that you had this experience! There was a guy that couldn't act normal because he ate too much mushrooms. According to the police my colleagues acted well. They kept him away from other guests, they called the police and stayed with him until he was back to his senses 4 hours later. On behalf of this person, we offer our apologies. We understand that this can be a moving experience, therefore you can mail us at service@vondelpark.stayokay.com.

It was a good hostel but about 8/9 girls booked an all female 20 person bed because we wanted to be safe and stay together and they ended up splitting us up into random rooms which was really inconvenient. I don't understand why they could not keep us together if there was space in the rooms. Other than that, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was amazing.

Hi Mina. Good to hear that the staff and the breakfast were awesome! We always try to have people together in a room if they wish. It's always possible to send a email before you arrive with your request, so we can make your wish come true. You can also come to the reception and ask for it. When there's enough space in the room the staff will help you! Hopefully we can put you next time in the same room;) Have a great night! Greetings Ruben

Definitely not worth the amount I paid to stay here. I did not feel safe as there were three instances where other guests made me feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I couldn't sleep at night, the bathrooms were dirty, and there were no outlets in the bedrooms which they regret to inform you about before hand. I would not recommend staying here.

• 13th Mar 2015

Hello Amy! We do take safety of our guests very seriously. When you feel unsafe by other guests you're always welcome at the reception. The reception is open 24/7 and will always help you with anything they are capable of. We are really sorry about your experience and we still hope you will visit us again and your stay will be fun and safe next time! Kind regards, Ruben.

This hostel is great. Rooms, cleanliness, breakfast, everything.

Hello Andrej. Very nice to hear you had a great stay here. That makes our job complete;) Have a great evening and see you later! Ruben

The facilities were clean, all the staff were polite with me (some of them were very friendly). The security level at the hostel was enough for me. The breakfast was good. In my room there was only one plug for 20 people use, indeed, but I managed the issue by leaving my cellphone to recharge the battery at the reception. I've liked staying in Stadsdoelen. I've got to know a plenty of cool people there. Probably would go back in a next time!

I actually really did enjoy the facilities and thought the layout was very nice, however, the facility earns an 'average' because the lack of electrical outlets was extremely difficult to work with. Very frustrating to being able to charge things at night because there were no outlets near beds and only one in a massive dorm.

• 6th Mar 2015

This was the worst hostel experience I have ever had. The staff was unwilling to do anything about the problems that arose, including the mouse that was scurrying and making noise throughout the night. I gave them 24 hours notice that I would not be staying for the second night of my reservation because is was such a nightmare and they refused to give me any sort of refund. I've stayed in Stayokay hostels in various places in the world and I will never again after this experience.

• 5th Mar 2015

Hi Katherine. We are sorry to hear about your experiences at the hostel. I can see that my coworkers cancelled the second night for you as you asked for. Sometimes it's not possible to give a refund because of the policy some providers have, sorry for that. I would like to ask you to send us a details email about what happened to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com so we can look into this. Kind regards, Ruben Front office team

For the amount they charged it seemed kinda ridiculous. It has basic facilities but wifi is very spotty. Barely reached the rooms and had little sockets so had to go charge down at the bar/lobby area. Location was excellent though and always hot showers :)

Hey Jessica! Always good to have a hot shower in the winter;) The Wifi will be improved this spring, sorry for the inconvience. At the reception it's possible to charge your devices and have a little chat;) Thanks for the review and ratings. I hope to see you another time! Cheers Ruben.

Hostel was okay, staff was unhelpful. The night receptionist was especially unhelpful and rude.

Hi Dominic! I'm happy to hear that the Hostel was okay. However we consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. It's also possible to send us a email if you like, so we have more details about your experiences: service@vondelpark.stayokay.com. I like to hear from you, thanks! KInd regards, Ruben

It was ok. Not anything spectacular but it was good for the two nights we were there. Breakfast was good in a chill area but otherwise a pricy for what we got overall in facilities (20 person room, community bathroom, ect.) Not my first recommendation but it wasn't bad

• 28th Feb 2015

Super friendly staff, great lobby and bar area, and loved the breakfast in the morning. Didn't love how there wasn't any wifi in the rooms (only in common areas), and the bathrooms were average. However, great location and great atmosphere!

• 27th Feb 2015

Hi Madison, thanks for the feedback. We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. The WiFi will be improved this spring. So next time it must be better than it already was;) See you soon! Ruben

The atmosphere and the people working here suckk!!!!! Absolutely terrible customer service/hospitality. Cold people and they're so restricting in all their rules. Would definitely recommend any other hostel besides this one (Flying pig Downtown is good). Seriously, this place sucks. The only good I have to say is that it was a nice location and it was relatively clean.

• 27th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear you liked our location and the cleanliness of the hostel. We are, however, very sorry to hear about your other experiences. We consider friendliness and hospitality of our staff members as very important. Therefore we will definitely look into what happened at the time of your stay. In order to get all the details straight, we would like to ask you to send an email to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com and tell us what exactly happened.

Clean, safe, well-located, flexible and polite staffs

We always try to give the best to everyone! I'm really glad you had a wonderful time here! Thanks a lot! Ruben

The bar staff was incredibly friendly and helpful but some of the reception staff was a bit rude. They did their job well just not always in the most friendly fashion. The bathrooms were fine, about what you get at most hostile. The rooms were very standard and as I was only in them to sleep they served their purpose well with decent mattresses and clean sheets.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Hey Ashley, I'm sorry to hear that the reception staff was a bit rude. Also they should be friendly like the bar staff. I will ask them about this and I will tell the bar staff about your compliment;) I hope you loved our city! Thanks for the feedback and hopefully till next time! Kind regards Rubenn

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6