Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good location, decent enough staff but the toilets were gross. Very basic room set up. Not a bad place to stay.

The hostel is okay. The staff is very good. About the bedroom I think it could be clean often and there are not enough wall socket in the room. I needed to charge my cellphone in the reception. The shower it is okay and the bar it's amazing. The breakfast included is good.

Hello, we clean the hostel everyday all day long, so maybe it were some other people in the room?...As a solution for the few sockets we have in the hostel you can charge all your devices at the reception. I'm happy the rest was great and you enjoyed Amsterdam after a awesome breakfast in the hostel. Have a nice day and visit us again;) See ya

Was a good and safe stay in a central location!

• 17th Jul 2015

the only issue with this hostel is that there are not enough plugs in the rooms. Our room had two plugs for a 20 bed dorm. Other than that, there were no issues. The lockers were big enough to store our huge back packs, free breakfast, good location, and nice shower facilities.

Hi there, We don't have personal plugs here, for those we have a powerplant behind the reception. i hope you found it and met a lot of people and enjoyed Amsterdam together. We see you next time;) Have a nice day!

Great location, close to everything. Good hostel for younger groups, not the best for solo travellers or pairs looking to meet people. Gets loud In the area at night, so be prepared. If looking to party this is a hostel that is close to nightlife.

Hi there, Thanks for the information! It's only strange that it was loud because we are next to the quite Vondelpark, maybe there was a incident. I still hope you had a good nightsrest;). Please visit us again! Best regards,

Pretty good hostel, the common room is lovely and a great place to meet people, important things to note is there is only 1 plug to a 20 bed dorm and there was sick in the toilet but what do you expect! Really good location and very popular!!

Really helpful and patient staff. The shower/dressing room area was handy - could shower and dress in one cubicle (privacy) it was a nice, peaceful hostel with free breakfast and approachable staff.. can't complain! Stayed in a 14 bed mixed room, found no problems. 10 - 15min walk from main square

Enjoyed my stay, thanks.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thank you for filling in this review! Great you had a wonderful time!

Great hostel! The beds are fairly comfy, great big lockers outside the rooms (bring your own lock), keycard access and pretty central. It's far enough out of the way of all the tourists while still being central. 20 bed dorms are very noisey so bring ear plugs. Staff were pretty friendly and always gave plenty of help. The breakfast could be a lot better though, it's just stale bread with cold sandwhich meat and jam...

• 7th Jul 2015

Thanks for your review! I think all the Dutch people can learn from you:) In our culture we don't eat a lot for breakfast, the breakfast in the hostel is actually pretty various and big for a Dutch one. I hope you slept well despite of the noise. We also have earplugs at the reception;). Thanks for the rating and information! We see you next time! Have a wonderful day! Byebye.....

It's a great stay in terms of location and security. Unfortunately, the most inconvenient thing is that you're in a 20 person room and there are NO outlets in the room, not on any walls or even close to the beds. They have charging stations in the lobby but it's pretty inconvenient to stay up late or get up early just to charge your phone for the day. And for that I would go out with about 20%battery which is not too safe while traveling alone in a major city. Other than that, the stay was nice!

Hey! I understand we don't have enough power outlets in the rooms. But you can also give your devices for charging to the staff at the reception. They charge it for you so you can do whatever you want to do;) You probably missed that, but for the next time you know it;) Thanks for staying with us and we would love to see you again! Nice you had a great stay and enjoyed your holiday! Cheers!

The hostel is very well localized, the breakfast is good. The bathrooms have much space. The thing I liked the most was the staff. One day I thought I had lost my passport and the staff (maybe called Luka, don't remember very well) was so kind. He gave me water, told he would help me with anything I'd need to have another passport at the embassy. He was really nice. I would like to thank him again and all of the staff of the Stayokay, you're awesome.

Liked: Good secure hostel. Liked the Eco idea of using our sources, so be ready to do everything by yourself and don't forget to turn off the lights in. Liked a bar and choice of drinks. Didn't like: The room we used this time was not very comfortable, there was no air at all and too many beds around, so you feel not very cosy.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Estonia

Great you liked our Eco idea of using sources! Stayokay is a "green" hostel and we think it's very important to be good for our environment and planet! Sorry for the inconvenience you felt about the rooms. I have to say it was abnormal warm last week and there was no wind to cool the rooms down. We had a few fans to borrow as a solution, I hope you had one. Please have a look at Stayokay Vondelpark next time because they provide smaller rooms;) Thanks for the review! Have a nice day!

Not a lot tends to bother me but I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel. Non-existent atmosphere made it hard to meet people. Two outlets in a 20-person room is ridiculous, which is apparently for 'security reasons' however I would feel more secure charging my phone in a room than finding a random outlet around the hostel. For nearly €40 a night you expect a lot more from a hostel.

Hi there. We always try to give everybody a warm welcome and we have a bar and many things to do to meet people, sorry this didn't work out for you. You can charge all your devices at the reception, so yes it's more safe if you ask me;). Amsterdam is an expensive place to live or stay. I also don't like it as a local but it is what it is unfortunately. Nevertless the hostel is always trying to keep the price as low as possible compare to other hostels. I still hope you liked Amsterdam a lot. Gr.

Do not stay here. Especially in the summer. The only good thing about this hostel was the breakfast that was included. There was no air conditioning or fans so it uncomfortably hot in the whole hostel. The wifi sucked, and there was only 1 plug in the rooms, and I stayed in a 12 bed dorm so you can see the problem. If you are staying one night this is probably okay, but anymore than that, find somewhere else to stay because it's not worth it.

I'm sorry you did not had a great stay. We had a heatwave in the Netherlands so you're right about the heat. Unfortunately we can not control the weather, but we did provide some fans at the reception. Because it's a monument building we don't have enough plugs in the room but as a solution you can charge all your devices at the reception, this is also more safe;). Please come back a other time when it's more cooler in Amsterdam. Thanks for your review and rating! Have a great evening! Greetings

The one positive thing I can say about this hostel is that the location is prime. We were trapped in the upstairs dorm room with ZERO air circulation (keep in mind it was 100 degrees inside the room) and the staff refused to do anything to relieve us of our heat exhaustion. I will never stay in one of StayOkay hostels ever again and I will never recommend them to anyone. It was inhumane to keep us in that room.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi! I'm glad you liked the location! We do have a airsystem that circulates the air, but we don't have a AC because it's never warmer than 28 degrees in The Netherlands, so we don't need it much. It was just bad luck you stayed here while we had an heatwave in The Netherlands. The staff was willing to help you but they don't have the power to change the weather unfortunately. I hope you found some refreshment outside the hostel or could borrow a fan at the reception! Have a pleasant day! Regards

Great location, only 15-20 minute walk to central station and 10-15 minute walk to all major locations in Amsterdam but it's in a university/residential area so it's quiet at night. Rooms get very hot overnight and there's no fan/AC. Breakfast is nothing spectacular but at least it's included. The bar was never crowded but you can always meet people charging phones in the reception area. Some staff are nice and some are rude, depends on your luck!

Hi and thanks for your review, sorry to hear that our staff was a hit and miss for you. We try to keep everybody happy here the best we can so we will discuss this in our team. Glad to know that you liked our location and still had a good time here in Amsterdam!

Good and clean. However, there were no towels to be rented and like 2 sockets for 20 people to charge phones.

Hello how are you today? You can buy towels here for just €4,50 and you can take them home as a souvenir;). At the reception you can charge all your devices as a solution, this is also more safe by the way. Thanks for the review and rating. Hopefully till next time! Groeten!

One of our favourite hostels we stayed in which was close to Dam Square and other big attractions. The map given to us at reception which also had discounts to various things proved very useful! We were apprehensive at first with a 20 bed mixed dorm however we ended up in an all female 16 bed dorm that had a lovely friendly atmosphere. More plug sockets for chargers are needed in such big rooms however it was good that we good charge phones at the reception. The breakfast buffet was good too!

Great staff. Very friendly.

• 24th Jun 2015

Super! Thanks for the compliment about our staff, you make them happy with it! See you next time;)

Excellent place to stay when in Amsterdam.

Thanks for this amazing review! Come back anytime! Have a great day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5