Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Liked: Good secure hostel. Liked the Eco idea of using our sources, so be ready to do everything by yourself and don't forget to turn off the lights in. Liked a bar and choice of drinks. Didn't like: The room we used this time was not very comfortable, there was no air at all and too many beds around, so you feel not very cosy.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Estonia

Do not stay here. Especially in the summer. The only good thing about this hostel was the breakfast that was included. There was no air conditioning or fans so it uncomfortably hot in the whole hostel. The wifi sucked, and there was only 1 plug in the rooms, and I stayed in a 12 bed dorm so you can see the problem. If you are staying one night this is probably okay, but anymore than that, find somewhere else to stay because it's not worth it.

The one positive thing I can say about this hostel is that the location is prime. We were trapped in the upstairs dorm room with ZERO air circulation (keep in mind it was 100 degrees inside the room) and the staff refused to do anything to relieve us of our heat exhaustion. I will never stay in one of StayOkay hostels ever again and I will never recommend them to anyone. It was inhumane to keep us in that room.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Good and clean. However, there were no towels to be rented and like 2 sockets for 20 people to charge phones.

Great staff. Very friendly.

• 24th Jun 2015

Excellent place to stay when in Amsterdam.

Good central location so really good access to a lot of stuff to do. Directions on how to get there from the central station could have been more detailed as it was quite difficult to find our way.

• 19th Jun 2015

Location was amazing!! 10-15 min walk away from most everything interesting in AMS. Rooms were large even with 16 people in them, we only had two outlets but made it work. Bathrooms were coed and basic, could have been cleaner but weren't terrible. Vibe from other hostelers was not great though (not that i can blame the hostel). For two girls traveling alone its pretty annoying to be cat-called while going to breakfast in the hostel. Otherwise, it was a good hostel and i recommend it.

Hi there! I'm glad you liked the hostel so much! On the other side I can imagine it's annoying to be cat-called. I hope you take the cat-call as a compliment or a desperate attempt for attention;) We would like to see you another time!! Have a great day and thanks for staying with us!

Be sure to bring ear plugs!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Hi there, you can also buy earplugs if you need some. I still hope you had a great stay with us and some night rest too. See you next time! Cheers!

Was a great place to stay while in Amsterdam staff where friendly and nice and facilities where always clean!

Thanks for your review! Great you had a awesome time in Amsterdam! Have a great day too!

Super friendly staff! Even at late hours of the night!

Great everybody was friendly for you, that's how it should be all the time;) See you next time! Have a wonderful day!

Loved staying here! Easy access to everything. The bathrooms could be cleaned more but otherwise felt very safe. Stayed in a 20 person room and had no problems sleeping.

Hi there, It's great you had a good nights rest and felt safe, that's really important to us! We love to see you again! Have a great day!

The lack of sockets was an issue, only two sockets in a room for 20 people and in an awkward position .

You are right about the sockets, that's why we provide a powerplant at the reception. Please bring all you devices for charging to the reception next time, we will help you;) I hope you enjoyed the citycenter! Have a good day!

It was a great stay! Affordable price, close to the main atractions. It was clean and quite. Breakfast was delicious and included in the price! Really liked to be there.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Great you liked it so much! We look forward to see you a other time! Have a great day!

The beds and pillows were actually very comfy, and they were within walking distance to all the big attractions of Amsterdam! The staff was very helpful with directions and other information about the city. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Hi, Great that the staff was very helpful and you liked the beds! Thanks for recommending us to others! We would appreciate when you visit us again too!Cheers!

Only other thing I would have liked to see were more chargers in the large dorm rooms. Otherwise staff was very helpful and flexible.

It's good to know that the staff was very helpful and flexible! It's also possible to charge your devices at the reception, this is also more safe:). We look forward to see you again! Have a good day!

Great stay.

Thanks for this awesome review. You make my day!

The hostel did not have a very friendly atmosphere. It felt as though I had booked in a low-end hotel. While I do understand it is not a party hostel, the older demographic should be taken note of for any young travellers seeking a lively atmosphere.

Hi there, The location of the hostel is in the most lively atmosphere you will find in Amsterdam. You can party everywhere nearby the hostel (redlight district, rembrandtplein you name it). It's a pitty that the atmosphere was not friendly for you. We always try to give you a warm welcome and help you with your needs. I hope we will meet again! Have a great day!

Although we all booked independently, we didn't think it would be hard to put the 5 people in my group all together. The front desk lady said it would take her "way too long" to reconfigure the rooms to make sure this worked out so we were stuck at 3 in one room and 2 in another. The two beds next to me, were left unoccupied each night so I can't imagine it would've taken too long to do. There's no outlets in the room so you have to take your phone and charger downstairs to charge at night.

Hi there! We always try to put people together if they want that. Maybe the room was booked by others already and they didn't show up or the hostel was fully booked so we couldn't move you to a other room. We can not know that you are all together when you all have independently bookings without letting us know. Please send us a email next time before arrival so we can fix it on time. Thanks and we see you next time! Have a great day

Each bed does NOT have an outlet which I think should be standard at every hostel. There were two outlets in our 20 bed dorm room and I managed to snag one. However, these outlets were located in the middle of the wall, so there was nowhere to rest my phone. I had to leave it hanging. Other than that everything else was fantastic. Free breakfast, nice facilities, clean sheets, and great sleep.

You can also charge your devices at the reception. Because it's a monument building there are just a few plugs in the room. Sorry for the inconvience but we see you next time at the reception;) Have a great day!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5