Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Fabulous 2481 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2017
6.0

It was alright, but definitely not worth the money. The rooms were big and spacious, but there was very limited lighting in them. I was in a 20 bed dorm and there was only two dim lights. The bar is completely dead, so the vibe is very dead at the hostel. If you're a solo traveller, I wouldn't recommend.

2nd Feb 2017

The location is perfect - within 15-20 minutes of all major attractions. I purchased a metro card and rarely used it. The security of StayOKay is very good too - not only are the front doors locked and monitored 24/7, each floor and room is accessible only by your key card. PLUS you have lockers, so make sure you bring your lock. The staff is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about Amsterdam (ask them for tickets). Atmosphere is meh as events/pubcrawls aren't organized by the hostel.

• Czech Republic, Female, 18-24
7.4

This hostel is really nice with a nice stuff. As the best I would recommend special for the location which is just by walk to area with bars, restaurants and shops and it´´s just almost in the hearth of the city. You will get to Centraal station just with three stops by tram. In this hostel was really dark room , I mean really too dark and no tables ( For sixteen beds room just one poor light) and the toilets and showers were shared. Its a good hostel but I prefer Stayokey Vondelpark:)!

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
6.9

Awesome location near red light district. Dusty rooms. Horribly uncomfortable beds. Not great for solo travelers, though the bar is nice aesthetically. I split my time with clinknoord and enjoyed clink significantly more.

• USA, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

Good spot nice staff

• England, Male, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

The hostel is well run and right at the center. The staff are very helpful. They have a bar to relax in! The breakfast is very good. This is they only hostel I stay in well in Amsterdam! You can walk to all the sights from the hostel. :)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

Very friendly staff at reception always willing to help, comfortable bed and great location..Also a great breakfast.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Great location, felt safe as a solo traveller, room was nice.

5th Jan 2017
5.7

The hostel itself was pretty much fine (less han fantastic cleaning under the beds, found dust and a bottle under mine) what made my experience less than great was another guest who a) gave me a cold and b) was some special kind of unstable (cursing out other guests, asking wildly rude and inappropriate questions when she didn't get her way). Maybe stick to smaller rooms? The walls are thin and the bathroom was mixed gender which was discomfiting for showering. Staff aren't very knowledgeable.

Thanks for your review, your roommate sounds like a bit of a strange nightmare. So sorry to hear this happened, I don't know if you informed the reception during your stay, but please know that we can always change you to a different room or take action on this. Thanks again and safe travels!

5th Jan 2017
5.1

Front desk was rude and very unhelpful. My 13 year old daughter and I stayed. Upon arrival there were men in the front of the hostel getting into a physical fight and when I went to the front desk they ignored what I told them and said it was safe. The last night my key card demagnetized and the front desk man argued with me about making another. He yelled at me and did so to others walking in the door. I would have stayed elsewhere but I only stayed 2 nights. Will never recommend or return! !

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you had such a rough welcome to Amsterdam! Also we appreciate your feedback a lot and we will check what happened during the night, we do not ever want our guests to be yelled at. If there is anything you would still like to share with us please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards