Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tiny showers

Great to see you enjoyed our security and location. Our showers are of a normal regular size, a pity you did not enjoy them. In general we get good reviews on our staff and friendliness. In case you want to elaborate on some things which might have gone wrong, feel free to e-mail me on stadsdoelen@stayokay.com . Kind regards, Jesse - Front Office & Customer Service

staff was cool and helpful, location is amazing. atmosphere was pretty average and i was there on a saturday night, and the people in my room were abusive, slept with a pair of scissors in my pocket my last night as this group of arabic men were accusing me of stealing a pair of shoes (which were like 6 sizes too small) and one of the guys tried to get into my locker. nothing the staff or place could do it was just my experience. but disregarding that it is ok, not amazing.

• 17th Jan 2015

hi there, I do remember we spoke at the reception for a bit. If you really felt that uncomfortable in your room we were more than happy to switch you to another room. We do have 2 female only dorms for guest who prefer so. I regret you did not enjoy your stay. Kind regards Jesse - Front Office and Customer Service employee.

No tv room or lounge no kitchen

Hi there , thanks for your 7.1 I would like to inform you we do have a TV room, all the way in the back of the hostel, down the hallway on the right side, behind the wash-up area for your dishes. Our bar upstairs may also be used for chilling and lounging, you don't even have to buy a drink, it's your living/lounge room during your stay. True though, we do not have a kitchen. Great to see you love our location and Staff. Cleanliness and Value 4 Money. Regards, Jesse

Very friendly, kind, and engaging staff :)

• 16th Jan 2015

hi there, thanks for great mark, seems you had a good time with our staff. Hope to see you again !

Great location, can reach everywhere walking. Good price for Amsterdam, but they only have big rooms. Not a big issue though. Breakfast is included and it's good. The only annoying issue was the lack of power outlets on the room, they can charge your phone at the reception but when I found out it was too late. In the overall it was a good hostel. In the overall, It was a great hostel.

Good classic hostel in an excellent location and with nice staff. Breakfast was very good with many options even for people with allergies. Dorms were cleans, big lockers and big bathrooms so no queuing. Only thing I was missing was a kitchen or at least a fridge, but otherwise a very nice stay!

thanks for great comments. !

Location was great only a few blocks away from food places, shops and trams. The rooms and bathrooms were kept clean which is always nice. And definitely loved the free breakfast! Saves time and money instead of trying to go out and find a place to eat. Overall my stay was great and would recommend it to others.

• 11th Jan 2015

This hostel was very nice, the 16 beddorm was huge andhad a big window which was awesome. Only thing I did not like was the lack of kitchen. Other than that, a great place to stay in Amsterdam.

Thank you for grand comments. And yes you are right we do not have a guest kitchen, feel free however to bring and eat your own food in the lobby area.

It is Good Place to stay.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

100 %%% we love you ! And you love us ! Great, happy you enjoyed your stay.

The breakfast is the best I've ever seen! The shower is hot and there are so many bathrooms... the staff is friendly, but the problems were: No plugs enough in the rooms nor in the common room Low lights in the rooms, so it was impossible to find your stuffs No paper in the bathroom near to the sink

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. Great to hear you enjoyed our hot showers (and yes we have A LOT of hot showers) and our breakfast. Till next time !

A depressing number of power outlets per room making it very inconvenient to charge phones or cameras. Not much done to create lively and enjoyable hostel atmosphere, but I guess no one goes to Amsterdam to sit in the hostel anyway!

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. We do have a cool bar to hang out, or perhaps in one of the couches in the lobby? Good to see you enjoyed Amsterdam till the fullest and liked our hostel too. Regards, Jesse

A good place, very close to all the cool stuff. The only issue, no plugs in the room for your electronic devices, kind of inconvenient.

hiya, you can charge all your stuff @ reception or in the lobby. Thanks for great mark, happy you enjoyed your stay ! Jesse

The 8 bedroom dorm I stayed in was better than the female one I got this time. No sink or mirrors in the room, Lockers outside the room and the top row so high up I couldn't reach even with the plastic stools provided. Not enough electrical outlets and no lift to the top floor. Wifi only in communal areas, lunch/dinner food is just microwavable dinners. Not the best stay of my life - had to make my own bed and carry sheets down for check out after paying a surplus fee for not being a member.

Hi there, thanks with the 7.1. We regret we did not meet all your expectations. We are a hostel though, so making your bed and carry down your bedsheets is really part of the experience. Maybe next time you could opt for our sisterhostel Stayokay Vondelpark; there we have lifts, make up your bed (not included) and you do not have to carry down your sheets. Feel free to use a locker which you can reach next time, not a problem at all. We have no surplus, just a discount if you're a member.

The best part about this hostel was the lobby and cafe areas. The bathrooms were less than desirable and the guest rooms are not good either.

Hi there, great to see you rate our staff and location with a 4. And yes our bar/cafe and lobby are a great way to meet new people. Our guest rooms are all large, they fit between 16 to 20 persons. We are really a no-frills hostel, but we regret our bathrooms and rooms did not met your expectations. Thanks for your time to comment.

Stayed here for NYE - couldn't ask for a better location! Staff are very helpful and always seemed happy to help out with suggestions on places to do and see. Only con for this hostel was the lockers in the room are not designed for large luggage and also being NYE the pace was packed and therefor seemed quite busy and dirty in the bathrooms.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • SeanandTash

Great staff, very chatty and always willing to help you. If you want any information on tourist attractions just ask and they tell you all you need to know as well as offering to book taxis for you for a very reasonable price. Rooms could do with more ventilation as in a 20 bed dorm we were suffocating in the night/mornings. Overall happy with our stay.

• 29th Dec 2014

Stayed in a room for 18, which I had never done before. The bed was comfortable and the room quite clean. The snoring from others was remedy with headphones. The staff were okay, though one guy in the bar was quite rude to us. He only worked once during our stay but he was extremely disrespectful. The bathrooms weren't the best there was food waste in the toilet stalls & the showers drained at a snails' pace. Great location. It's not a place for hanging out, best for a sleep & shower,

This really is the place to stay! Great staff / cleen rooms / big lockers / hot cleen showers / and right in the best part of town.

Great hostel!! Comfy beds and hot water!! Only bad part was that there aren't enough plugs

We had an amazing stay there, the staff was really kind, willing to help with everything, the breakfast was great and the location was excellent, near everything.

• 22nd Dec 2014