Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent location and value, nice layout of the building. The staff was usually helpful and friendly. This place has a large volume of persons traveling through. Right on the canal, right in downtown.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Only compliments, that's great! We are really proud of our Hostel! Thanks and have a nice evening.

Clean,tidy,in a good location,breakfast was great and when I go back to Amsterdam I'd happily stay here again. My only gripe was one of the 6 staff I met was a little bit rude,the others were friendly and happy to help with any questions you may have.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad the most staff were really nice to you, that's also the standard here. We will take this feedback in consulation and a will talk about it with the staff. I'm really glad that you want to stay here again, that's amazing! Greets.

Was very pleased regarding every aspect of this hostel. Staff were very lovely and helpful, great location close to De Wallen, clean facilities. Someone vomited in the stairs the night I stayed (something that must happen with frequency) and it was cleaned up quickly and without grimace. Thanks for a great stay.

• 14th Feb 2015

Your welcome and we always try to clean things as soon as possible especially when something happens. The location is great and we are happy that you liked the staff, this motivates them more and more too. Thanks! Ruben

no power plugs for each bed, why? for meet people in the bar?

Bonjour! We have a lot of power plugs at the reception for now and this spring we also will have plenty of power plugs into the rooms. So the next time you will visit us, it must be just perfect for you;). Bonne journée!

Hostel was lovely and location was definitely worth the money. Only problem was there was one plug socket in the dorms to share between multiple people however you could give things to reception overnight to charge, but it could be a pain.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Wales

You're right about the plugs and we really want to improve this. Probably this spring we will have enough plugs in to the rooms. But as you were saying already, you're always welcome at the reception for charging your devices and a little chat:) Thanks for the feedback! Have a good day!

Would never recommend stayok to anyone... my phones got stolen, my friends luggages got ripped apart etc..

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hostel. We understand it is frustrating this happened. We checked our system, and noticed you did not notify us about these events during your stay. We would have helped you at the desk and filled a police report for you etc. We do take safety of our guests and their belongings very seriously. Therefore, I would like to ask you to send us a details email about what happened to service@vondelpark.stayokay.com

Doesn't have great atmosphere. Hostel was clean but the bathroom os not the best. Really good location.

The toilets in the bathroom could be improved: - the sinks should have a hand soap dispenser! At least one. This would be more hygienic and would not be that expensive! - The shower cubicle does not have enough supports to place the dry clothes. The staff is excellent, very helpful, and it by far the best asset of the hostel. Please continue like that!

hi there great to hear you liked our staff. I have forwarded your suggestion about the soap dispenser to our cleaning department. Regards Jesse Front Office & Customer Service.

Excellent, secure, clean and well run hostel. I suggest getting a electrician in and running some sockets in the rooms, mine only had i socket for 10 people. Otherwise and excellent hostel.

thank you ! You can charge stuff @ reception. No problems.

well that hostel was so perfect i think. clean, offer some activities like pub crawls and boat tour. highly recommanded.

thank you for your great rates. Happy to see we met all your expectation ! Hope to see you again.

Staff very helpful, bathroom was clean and always had hot water. Wifi didn't really work in the bedrooms though.

hi there thanks for great review. About the Wifi you're right, it's only downstairs.

The staff is great. The guests keep to themselves which is nice if you like the quiet but not so great if you are looking to socialize.

• 28th Jan 2015

Thank you about our staff ! Great. Guests are perhaps maybe more sociable in our bar from 1700 till after midnight.

The hostel had a great location and the rooms and facilities were consciously cleaned. 2 things though: only 3 sockets for a 20-bed female room, and twice a male staff member came inside, which kind of beats the whole point of staying on a girls only dorm.

Hi there, thanks for your overall great rate. You can charge stuff @ reception. Our reception team is about 15 persons, and one quiet(er) nights there is a change there is only a male staff-member.

The location of the hostel is great, you can reach most of the sights in 10-20 minutes by foot. The breakfast is nice. The only major minus was the bathroom which smelled really bad and was absolutely inconvenient. Therefore I personally couldn't and wouldn't stay longer than two nights.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Hi there, great to hear you enjoyed our location, breakfast and staff. Feel free to always warn reception in case some extra cleaning needs to be done.

Had a nice stay here but there wasn't much in the way of atmosphere. The one plug in the room is a little frustrating but that's been said before. Breakfast is great and the reception staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. I didn't want a party hostel but a little more life in the bar/reception would have been nice. Overall a good stay but probably wouldn't stay here again

Thanks for your comments, happy you enjoyed your stay, in high season we are more busy so also more lively.

Overall a good place to stay, close to a lot of sights. Good supplied brekky. The bathrooms were a little dirty at times and smelt pretty bad. Rooms lacked power points and lights, but was okay as not spends much time in there. Chucked the prices up excess for the weekend, which is annoying for a traveller. Would stay here again.

Hi there great to hear you would stay again and your overall mark. Please feel free to come down to reception if an extra cleanup of the bathrooms seem necessary, no problem at all ! We do have a flexible price system, so on popular days prices may rise (which turns out to be the weekend most of he time ;-) Sorry it annoyed you, but good to hear we will see you again !

Hostel is too expensive but staff is very helpful and location is good 10 min walk to city center

Hi there. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies. Great to hear you enjoyed our staff and location.

Tiny showers

Great to see you enjoyed our security and location. Our showers are of a normal regular size, a pity you did not enjoy them. In general we get good reviews on our staff and friendliness. In case you want to elaborate on some things which might have gone wrong, feel free to e-mail me on stadsdoelen@stayokay.com . Kind regards, Jesse - Front Office & Customer Service

staff was cool and helpful, location is amazing. atmosphere was pretty average and i was there on a saturday night, and the people in my room were abusive, slept with a pair of scissors in my pocket my last night as this group of arabic men were accusing me of stealing a pair of shoes (which were like 6 sizes too small) and one of the guys tried to get into my locker. nothing the staff or place could do it was just my experience. but disregarding that it is ok, not amazing.

• 17th Jan 2015

hi there, I do remember we spoke at the reception for a bit. If you really felt that uncomfortable in your room we were more than happy to switch you to another room. We do have 2 female only dorms for guest who prefer so. I regret you did not enjoy your stay. Kind regards Jesse - Front Office and Customer Service employee.

No tv room or lounge no kitchen

Hi there , thanks for your 7.1 I would like to inform you we do have a TV room, all the way in the back of the hostel, down the hallway on the right side, behind the wash-up area for your dishes. Our bar upstairs may also be used for chilling and lounging, you don't even have to buy a drink, it's your living/lounge room during your stay. True though, we do not have a kitchen. Great to see you love our location and Staff. Cleanliness and Value 4 Money. Regards, Jesse