Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen Reviews

Kloveniersburgwal 97, 1011 KB, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was in a fabulous location, spacious, clean,comfortable and helpful staff. Nice mix of people and just an all round great hostel.

For a cheap accommodation option this is basically good value for money. The bathroom/shower block had a constant smell of ass, but you can see that it gets cleaned regularly so this smell has mysterious origins. The girls in my dorm were all lovely and minded their own business, however if you're a bit of a princess and can't deal with others snoring or people coming and going throughout the night then this is NOT the place for you. I enjoyed my stay, felt safe and staff were wonderful x

• 25th Oct 2014

Great location, friendly staff.

Location is great, staff are alright, the night guy is a bit rude. The bar could be so much better if they had decent drink deals. I would stay there again only because of the location

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, always helpfull! We regret hearing this about out one of our night gards, we will review your feedback with our night staff. We do have happy hour at out bar, sorry to hear that you either missed it or had different expectations. We'd be happy to welcome you again and hope to give you a better service on some aspects that time!

Clean and nice hostel with a big breakfast buffet.

Very lively and friendly atmopshere Rooms and beds very clean and comfortbale Toilet and shower facilities are of a very good standard and were always kept clean Staff were very helpful

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Excellent, will come back nexr year!

Hotels in Amsterdam are incredibly expensive, so this option is perfect if you don't mind sharing a room with others (which is always more fun!) The location is perfect, I did not use the trams at all and just walked to Leidseplein and other places, Amsterdam is quite small so you can get your way around easy. The staff is friendly, speaks multiple languages and the beds are clean. Also there is enough bathroom facilities, options to put your backpack in a locker and breakfast included, great!

• 16th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay. I liked the location all cool here

Cleanliness gets a lower rating because of the facilities. Showers are stalls that share a same floor, meaning your soapy drainage makes it's way to your neighbour and vice versa. The rooms may be bigger dorms, but the way they are set up still give an impression of being slightly more private. Just hope for quiet room mates if you're actually wanting rest. The staff was very friendly and helpful, to the point where they were honest about some tourist traps and suggested alternative activities.

a very very economical hostel, especially for me as I visited on weekdays~ nevertheless, the breakfast is goddamn nice for a free one~ the bar (canteen) is such a good place to work or to relax~ big lockers~ the location is ideally central and there is also free walking tour~ the quilt is not that comfortable but meets the price~ the only drawback is there is a strange ordor in the bathroom, which is a pity... in general strongly recommended~

Hostel's is a stone's throw from the red light district. You can also walk to the various attractions further south of Rotterdam central. Big lockers to store luggages which were a plus. Breakfast was good too. They have a no food policy so do take note. Overall facilities were clean and well numbered (I.e. showers and toilets).

Overall good but if the big dorm doesnt have the plug points at each bed and it is inconvenient to charge anything during the sleep. Apart from that, staffs are very friendly and the breakfast is good!

Bar within the hostel was great. Location awesome, 5 minutes from the Red Light District. Rooms weren't amazing but they really only get used for sleeping when you're in Amsterdam! Met some cool people there too. Price was good during the week but gets a lot more expensive on the weekends. WiFi only in the common areas but no biggie. Pretty decent stay all around

So be forewarned that there are 3 different stayokays in the city of amsterdam. The bus driver gave me directions to the wrong one and when I got there they said I didn't have a reservation even though I did. I ended up staying at the wrong one just because I didn't feel like travelling anymore that day. I also had to pay twice as much to stay at this one even though it was further away from the city centre. Not to mention that there was a sketchy homeless person camped outsidethe entrance.

Perfect location for a hostel. The staff were friendly enough, the place just lacked atmosphere. Felt more like a hotel, and if you're room is on the first floor the closest bathroom is the floor above!

Even though it is a big hostel I still managed to meet people during breakfast and the common areas! The only annoying thing is that there are no power points in the rooms, but they make up for this by having some in the common areas..so it is not too bad. Beds, rooms and bathroom are clean. Pretty good value for money, I was happy with my choice!

Awesome place, staff are so relaxed and helpful. Easy to meet people at breakfast and at the bar. Good location.

very good location,helpful staff,and very comfortable beds. definitely coming back here next time.

Found the staff to be excellent and very helpful. Sharing a room with 20 people was surprisingly quiet and I slept well during the nights. As a man I don't mind sharing a bathroom with women, however could see that this might be a problem for some women. Of course the showers and toilets are enclosed, but the mirrors and wash basins are shared. Overall my experience here was excellent and I would happily return.

• 5th Oct 2014