Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL Reviews

179, 1st floor, Jalan Tun H.S.Lee., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I checked in to this place and as soon as I had checked in something wasn't right but I thought I'd give it a chance so I went to the room to discover they have no lockers for your luggage just tiny box lockers that you can't fit your laptop into and a group of dodgy people staying in the room and you can't even lock the room to stop stuff from being stolen so I went out and explored a bit to come back to find a guy going through my stuff I tried to tell the staff who didn't care I left same day

SUZIES guesthouse does the basics really really well. Everything is very clean and the Internet was very fast. It doesn't have a special atmosphere but is a great hostel in KL that does the basics right. Note that the bunk rooms have no windows and can get quite hot even with the fan on, but this wasn't a problem for us. The showers were great and the bathrooms were always very clean.

Really great staff - very helpful and welcoming! Our twinroom was a bit too small if you're two persons with backpacks, but it's not a big issue. Located in a very cozy neighborhood and extremely close to the train- and busstation. Big thumbs up!

I only stayed for one night but the staff went well out of their way to help my friend and I when we couldn't get cash out and had to catch a taxi to the airport at 5am. I'm very grateful for their hospitality and would definitely stay again!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall It was pretty ok. Good value. Good location close to bus station. Beds good. Ac /wifi good but might not reach girls dorm.. Depends on phone. Didnt like bathrooms.. Had just 3 and didnt flush too well, too often had to see unpleasant things. Except that had a nice stay for cheap price

Staff was nice and facilities were good. There were some people talking right outside my room at around 6:30 AM which was a bit annoying, so I would have hoped that they could have been a bit more quiet so early in the morning, but that's not particularly a problem with the staff or hostel

Friendly end helpfull Stuff, good location, cheap

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Wonderful staff ;)

been here few times always love their air conditioning in the common room and in the bedroom! They just need to upgrade the mattress :)

We stayed in the hostel for 3 nights. Got a basic twin room which was fine, there is literally only a bunk bed and a small table but we were just there to sleep anyway. The room gets quite cold at night from the aircons in the main room and there are no windows. The mattresses are wrapped in plastic so it makes a sound as if you were sleeping on plastic bags. The showers are clean and you can borrow a hairdryer for free from the reception. When leaving we could get an early breakfast at 5.30am.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Very accommodating for us even as a big family and ensured we got to stay together. It was our first time staying in a hostel and I would highly recommend Suzie's guesthouse.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

nice place to stay although the room was quite small. the best thing was free mineral water along day, so we could fill our bottles and took them along the trip.

Such a nice little cozy hostel. The atmosphere is really laid back, you get a homie feeling. Comfy beds and clean bathrooms. The staff is pleasant and attentive, the guy that runs the place even helped us book tickets to the cinema on his own internet account. Great location, we walked everywhere which saves you a lot of money in the end. The breakfast is only toast with spread, but it's appreciated and a nice little bonus.

It is not clean and the staff wasn't polite

• 22nd Dec 2014

I really enjoy to stay at this hostel;-) very good location, very nice people working there everybody!! and in particulary Tahir! and this hostel are very clean and quiet. The housekeeper is soo nice too. I mean nothing bag to signal:-)honestly I will come back for sure! Thank you so much! I really enjoy my stay:-)))))

• 20th Dec 2014

This hostel is in a great spot, close to China town, transport links and sights. It's clean, there's good comfortable facilities and lockers for your valuables. I only stayed one night, a flying visit to KL before my onward travels. I've been to KL a few times and just wanted a good nights sleep and this hostel was perfect for this. If it's your first visit, you're young and want to meet other travellers I don't think this is the best option as there isn't much of a social atmosphere.

Very clean place. Very nice staff, Hassan very knowledgeable very helpful. The owner always try to find new ideas to satisfy her customers. If you want a party place it s not here, but if you look for a nice and quiet place to stay, well located it s definitively the best place to stay. 1min from the Skytrain, next to a bus station and shuttles to the airport are 15min walking from the guesthouse. Good English. 1min from Central Market and the Market of Chinatown. Hard to find such a quiet and c

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Great location, friendly staff. Wifi and complimentary breakfast with AC available in rooms at all hours. Walking distance to Chinatown, Merdeka Square, Little India, and literally a block away from the light rail.good luck

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

My third visit , a spotlessly very clean hostel ,comfortable beds ,good wi-fi ,helpful courteous staff ,good location near chinatown and rail stop .TV and fridge ,free coffee and tea all day .

Ideal hostel, can't ask for anything more, completely forgot to leave a tip but back in KL soon so will pop in to do just that. Great staff, place is very clean and kept spotless, clean comfy beds, lovely social space, no crazy party people just nice people. I've done a huge review on trip adviser so read that for all you need to know (Steven Oni Hall) SteveO

• 6th Nov 2014