Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL Reviews

179, 1st floor, Jalan Tun H.S.Lee., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nothing special but its ok for one or two night.

Nice place, very good people. My only complaint is that it really smelled like fuel in the dorms, I don't know why. I thought I was getting sick (very bad headache and sore throat) but as soon as I left there I was fine so I think it was from that smell. Also all my clothes wound up smelling like fuel too.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Nice clean hostel but very quite, the facilities were great and the free tea is always appreciated. The location was great right in with all the backpacker district and easy to get around. The staff were very helpful and friendly but it was incredibly quiet not much of an atmosphere because we were in a group it wasn't an issue but if travelling alone maybe somewhere a bit more social

Breakfast was disgusting! More washing facilities!

Great hostel right in the centre. The guys on reception desk were great guys and always happy to help. Would recommend to anyone wanting budget accommodation!

• 19th Jan 2016

Unhelpful staff. Very dirty toilets and just two of them for more than 20 guests. The smell in the main room was horrible and the kitchen terribly dirty. A family with 4 kids was really noisy aftermidnight but ofcourse the staff was too busy watching a cricket match. Disgusting place

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Even though this hostel was cheap, it was kind of a disappointment. The rooms were really small, with no windows and no AC, so it was kind of like sleeping in a broom closet. The showers were ok, but not clean. One of the people of the staff was really nice, but the rest just didn't really care. Our first room didn't even have a working lock... The "free breakfast" was really bad, bread that didn't even taste like bread and some sort of chemical jelly. Would not recommend staying here.

It was a very pleasant stay in Suzie's guesthouse! The place is really clean, dorms are comfortable, and breakfast is simple but good. AC in the rooms it's really appreciate compare to the heat of KL. A window in the room could have bring more light but it was a nice place to spend a night. Moreover the staff is helpful and kind. Definitely recommend this guesthouse!

The position is really good and the place is clear and the atmosphere really good! I definitely recommend it!

• 12th Jan 2016

All around good hostel in an excellent location if you want to be close to KL Sentral and explore Chinatown and the colonial center Staff were really good and when a double booking on my bed occurred during my last night they upgraded my GF and myself to a private room. One thing I thought was peculiar, was the need to play Disney's Frozen on the TV every night I was there. Maybe times have changed and backpackers prefer Disney movies over a night out on the town.

The only advantage is that The hostel is close To Chinatown. They turn off The air conditioning for The whole hostel from 10 am uhtil 5 Pm.

excellent set up.

Nice and clean hostel with friendly stuff. The only bad thing was that the very comfortable. I would stay here again. The is and the stuff helpful.

Lovely staff and i met some great people here 😊

Brilliant location, a perfect base for exploring the city. The free tea and coffee were great and the staff were friendly. Room was just basic, only one plug socket for the whole room and wall lamps were falling off. Would definitely stay here again though due to location.

What was once our favorite guesthouse in KL is now a fallen star. Having stayed in Suzies many times before and loved it we now came back a few years later and the place is not the same anymore. Apathetic staff. Breakfast consisted of instant coffee/tea and toast with only butter and jam. Our room had a fan without a propeller, a bed light without a lamp in it and aircon without a remote. The bed provided with a small blanket plus pillow, hard mattress. We will not be returning.

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

I enjoy stay at suzies guesthouse because,comfortable and strategic place,i can go anywhere easily.

A great hostel with excellent staff! The directions to get to this place were perfect and there is a cute coffee shop right around the corner. We liked the common area and 2 person dorm rooms.

Nice hostel, with a really good location. Just on the left is the famous reggae bar, that is really delicious and the Chinese market. Hostel seems a bit smaller but totally nice, especially the staff. We got a free update from a 6 dorm room to a double room. Breakfast is basic and the atmosphere is alright, no party just people doing sightseeing stuff.

You get what you pay for here, basic bedrooms with free wifi and shared bathroom. Only con with the bedroom is that the pillows are very hard. However, the cleanliness makes up for this, staff were very helpful by showing us the best places to go and even helping us to book our next hostel! Location is good, right in Chinatown and only down the road from the MRT. We could leave our bags in the hostel reception until our train left at 8pm which gave us another whole day in KL too!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels