Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

After hearing HORRIFIC things about this hole I cancelled my booking over 24 hours prior to arrival. The man I spoke to on the phone assured me that would be fine and no fee would be taken. Well, what a lie! They charged my account anyway.

Poorly inculcated so it was freezing in dorms and washrooms. Lobby has a nice fireplace.

• 12th May 2015

There was no mirrors in the bathrooms or bedrooms. As entertaining as it is watching other girls squat in the hallway to do their makeup, its not that great stepping over them. I'm just lucky I'm not really a makeup wearer myself or I'd be extra annoying.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Average hostel, the staff were lovely. Showers were dirty. But rooms and kitchen were clean and comfortable.

Bang in the centre of hobart, right opposite woolworths but this meant when I booked a day tour trip the bus wouldn't pick me up from my accommodation! Very big and funky communal area but a bit chilly as it's mostly a courtyard. Free wifi throughout but the signal wasn't very strong in my room. Pub/restaurant downstairs looks lovely but I didn't try it. Room was quite smelly and dingy and bed was not very comfy. No signs to kitchen and its a bit of a maze! Generally pretty alright though.

Tas is where it's at and Tassie's was great. Situated within 5-10 min of club area (south) and bar-type area (north). Plenty of room in the common area, but the hostel was not super social in terms of other tenants, but the staff were awesome. The bar was a good spot to chill and the staff made me feel welcome. They took the time to tell me about the different things to do. Thanks Amy! you guys rock!

Mattress very uncomfortable

• 6th Apr 2015

didn't take the deposit of my booking

• 2nd Apr 2015

Stayed at this hostel twice. Met great people there and great value for money. would 100% stay again in returning to hobart

• 22nd Mar 2015

The hostel was ok, friendly and helpful staff. My bed however was extremely uncomfy, the mattress was old and could feel the springs. The bunks also rocked a lot when anyone moved and the ladders were not attached and pretty dangerous. had I not checked in late Iin the evening I would of changed hostels.

I had a really nice stay at the tassie backpacker. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean and good value for money. But the animal skin on the floor at the entrance was not cool!

Really enjoyed my time here. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The bar was good and although the toilets could be updated, it was definitely one of the best hostels I've visited in Aus.

Staff were generally very helpful and friendly.

Everything was fine for me, but the wifi was terrible.

• 4th Mar 2015

When you walk into the lobby, you enter a very nice restaurant. First impression is awesome. However, when you wind up the staircase and enter the room you start to notice that the hostel is dingy and dirty. The laundry area is horrendous and covered in dust and lint. The kitchen is dirty and rundown. And, the communal area is an outdoor setting in the back area of the restaurant where they keep their trash bins! Avoid this hostel - there are way better options in town.

I had booked a triple deluxe en suite. The problems were the following: Door did not close properly TV did not work. The staff did not care. The en suite door provided no acoustic barrier and could be seen through. The sink was so small that it was impossible to even wash your face without getting water everywhere and you had to have your head pressed against the wall to spit in the sink when brushing your teeth. Kitchen was absolutely filthily!

Everything was ok, except the room wasn't cleaned particularly well and the staff member we asked regarding tours etc was pretty insulting and impatient. Also it would be way better to have the luggage storage open before 9 for people with early checkouts! Location was great, and we had a comfortable stay.

I like the style of an old hotel converted into a hostel, as well as the big open courtyard in the back. It's attached to a pub in the front. My only slight complaint is that the beds/mattresses were very saggy and droopy. Directly across the street is a supermarket (nice and easy).

Good location , clean, free internet

clean private room w/ensuite, good shower, only negative was walls are paper thin so a bit noisy