Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

COME ON AUSTRALIAN HOSTELS GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER We stayed in room 20 and the mattress was appalling. I mentioned it twice and was told 'Oh, we're about to change all the mattresses' and 'oh, we'll get that one changed' Both responses were no good to me and I didn't hear 'sorry about that' or 'we apologise and we'll replace it right away'. Not enough cooking facilities and the common area is small with idiots smoking in there. Bathrooms / toilets and showers however were pretty good

great location, fun bar downstairs, but the hostel itself is a bit dingy, and the rules for quiet time not enforced. could be a lot better. the staff are all very nice.

The most expensive hostel in Hobart. No reason to stay here unless all the others are full. Transit Backpackers up the road offers similar facilities for a much lower rate.

• 22nd Jan 2016

The staff are friendly and helpful. It's an excellent location and a great pub. Backpackers who cook, use all the facilities and don't clean up after they have finished are the really problem in a place like this.

• 18th Jan 2016

We were really happy with our stay overall. Our only problems were with the bathrooms near the 10 girl dorm (room 31) - it was way too hot in there - the ventilation wasn't strong enough and the Windows wouldn't open. Also, the door couldn't be kept open to air the room out. A wedge for the door would be a fine solution. The dorm room for really hot at night too, a ceiling fan would have been really useful.

Mattresses are poor quality. Bedroom ventilation is inadequate for 4 person dorm, especially during the hot weather. The other backpackers I stayed at had a kitchen, dining area & laundry which were better value if you're on a budget.

• 13th Jan 2016

The mattresses were very than and old and dipped down. The worst I have seen at a backpackers anywhere. The common area is cramped, claustrophobic and dirty and I did not want to go there.

Having checked out early from The Pickled Frog because it was dirty and run down, Tassie Backpackers was spot on! Both clean and tidy and with a good mix of people. The rooms were light and you could access the wifi from your bed. Pretty handy! There is a really nice bar attached to the hostel with an outdoor area which was pretty cool. The hostel was situation right opposite the supermarket and only 1 minute walk from the waterfront. Perfect!

kitchen poorly stocked and common area was limited especially during meal times.

• 1st Dec 2015

Average hostel, good location. No powepoints or lamps at bedposts, attatched to a bar but no common area.

The staff at the front desk are very friendly and welcoming. There is a good clean working kitchen. There is free WiFi but it is slow WiFi. The location is right in the center of town with short walks to anywhere you want to go. Supermarket is directly across the street. I would definitely stay here again!

I was very disappointed with this hostel. There was no kitchen or lounge avilable as stated. I understand it was closed for maintanence but I should have been advised of this when checking in and i would never of stayed. I found the facilities to be poor and very dated.

I guess you pay for what you get but the place was pretty gross. Building was old. Beds were old and dirty. Room was damp

It was definitely a good place to stay. I like the facilities and people that were there. Maybe it was a bit chilly in september, but not a problem for me.

I had a great stay! Would recommend the brunswick hostel to anyone traveling to hobart!! Very nice bar and good food! I made some friends and the staff were very pleasant. Beds were incredibly comfortable and overall I would definitely come back 10/10