Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

Location is great. Staff is helpful and friendly but bathroom and kitchen seems not as good as expected

We had a very good stay at Tassie. It was perfect to know people as it has 2 bigs common areas plus there is a pub with good deals. It is well located, few steps to liverpool street and 10 min walk to the pier. Staff helped us also choosing the right tours. All facilities are provided free wifi included (but the signal is not good in some rooms). The place is clean.

Very god location and the food in the bar downstairs is excellent. Some issues with the sinks in the bathroom (repaired after 1day) Quite loud people going on the roof in the middle of the night...

The common areas (on the ground) were disgusting: as if nobody was cleaning the place... (Courtyard/ Kitchen / Living room) Security is poor as we could open the door of our bedroom with the key of our other bedroom... Facilities are clean on a side of the building and not on the other side.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Hostel was great. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The common area is awesome. The free beer on arrival was also appreciated.

• 25th Dec 2014

Good location.

Limited internet. Excellent staff.

The staff at reception was really helpful. The staff in the bar was very nice, too. However, the quality of my room was absolutely unacceptable with furniture being old, coarse and poor. The slide door of the bathroom/toilet was not in repaired condition and could not be closed properly and very inconvenient for people using the bathroom/toilet. The basin was too small for use. The loud music downstairs till late evening greatly affected the accommodation. The kitchen was dirty....

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

My bed wasn't made, but after complaining at the reception I got a drink at the bar, which was nice. Basically everyone can walk in and out of the hostel as there isn't always someone at the reception. The bathrooms aren't the cleanest but alright.

Fantastic location, unfortunately nowhere to park our car for free but that was probably an oversight on our part! Awesome pub and dining room and beer garden with good food (although we found it a bit expensive - $1 for a squirt of tomato sauce? Bit ridic), good selection of local beers. Private double ensuite room was fine, was a bit noisy from the beer garden downstairs but it was quiet by 11.30pm. Would stay here again! Thanks :D

The beds need to be replaced. My was sinking in the middle and it was uncomfortable to sleep. A quick look around the dorm I was staying in proved that other beds were in similar condition.

Nothing special, just ok for the price. Beds could be a little bit better, shower was cold. Kitchen is poor and small, just ended up getting something at the bar

I stayed one night because this place didn't convince me enough (except for the awesome terrace) and my senses were right. The 6-dorm is either too small or has one to many bunks in them, take your pic. I was only like 20 cm's away from someone's feet. The next day I walked a bit further down Liverpool and decided to stay at one with a 20-dorm bed room, but guess what, that one had much more private space!

Nice and clean place to sray. The pub offers good food and you got all the main stuff within walking distance. Supermarket just across the road. 10 min walk to the Coach stop. Airport shuttle fir 18 $ Beds in my room c were done and need to be replaced as on of them even was broken and one ens.

A perfect way to finish our Tassie holiday after doing the Overland Track. The triple room with ensuite is great value. Thank you

Nice bar, big public used venues. But don't have places to hang up clothes after washed. And the bar open until late result in noise generating during sleeping times.

probably the cleanest backpackers I've stayed in. good bar downstairs with really good food. location is perfect - right in the middle of town.

The whole hotel is well decorated:) I especially love how the backyard looks like, with all the decoration colorful lights. There's a bar downstairs where you can just casually grab a drink and talk with your friends. I love it! It's worth your money!

• 5th Nov 2014