Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

Bang in the centre of hobart, right opposite woolworths but this meant when I booked a day tour trip the bus wouldn't pick me up from my accommodation! Very big and funky communal area but a bit chilly as it's mostly a courtyard. Free wifi throughout but the signal wasn't very strong in my room. Pub/restaurant downstairs looks lovely but I didn't try it. Room was quite smelly and dingy and bed was not very comfy. No signs to kitchen and its a bit of a maze! Generally pretty alright though.

Tas is where it's at and Tassie's was great. Situated within 5-10 min of club area (south) and bar-type area (north). Plenty of room in the common area, but the hostel was not super social in terms of other tenants, but the staff were awesome. The bar was a good spot to chill and the staff made me feel welcome. They took the time to tell me about the different things to do. Thanks Amy! you guys rock!

Mattress very uncomfortable

• 6th Apr 2015

didn't take the deposit of my booking

• 2nd Apr 2015

Stayed at this hostel twice. Met great people there and great value for money. would 100% stay again in returning to hobart

• 22nd Mar 2015

The hostel was ok, friendly and helpful staff. My bed however was extremely uncomfy, the mattress was old and could feel the springs. The bunks also rocked a lot when anyone moved and the ladders were not attached and pretty dangerous. had I not checked in late Iin the evening I would of changed hostels.

I had a really nice stay at the tassie backpacker. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean and good value for money. But the animal skin on the floor at the entrance was not cool!

Really enjoyed my time here. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The bar was good and although the toilets could be updated, it was definitely one of the best hostels I've visited in Aus.

Staff were generally very helpful and friendly.

Everything was fine for me, but the wifi was terrible.

• 4th Mar 2015

I had booked a triple deluxe en suite. The problems were the following: Door did not close properly TV did not work. The staff did not care. The en suite door provided no acoustic barrier and could be seen through. The sink was so small that it was impossible to even wash your face without getting water everywhere and you had to have your head pressed against the wall to spit in the sink when brushing your teeth. Kitchen was absolutely filthily!

Everything was ok, except the room wasn't cleaned particularly well and the staff member we asked regarding tours etc was pretty insulting and impatient. Also it would be way better to have the luggage storage open before 9 for people with early checkouts! Location was great, and we had a comfortable stay.

• 14th Feb 2015

I like the style of an old hotel converted into a hostel, as well as the big open courtyard in the back. It's attached to a pub in the front. My only slight complaint is that the beds/mattresses were very saggy and droopy. Directly across the street is a supermarket (nice and easy).

Good location , clean, free internet

clean private room w/ensuite, good shower, only negative was walls are paper thin so a bit noisy

Hot water was a bit of an issue and the beds were a bit hard on the back. Extra pillows would have been nice.

• 27th Jan 2015

Hi Thanks for your review and positive rating of our hostel. Sorry to hear you had an issue with the hot water. This is not normally a problem as we have recently replaced much of our hot water system. You'll be happy to hear we have already replaced some beds and mattresses since your stay, And with many more to be replaced soon your bed is possibly already gone or going. As for the pillow just ask one of the reception staff and they will be happy to grab you a spare.

Location is perfect. The hostel has a lot of charms. Because it's old. It has a nice main area. The only thing is that the hygiene is very bad. And the beds were defenitly ready to be replaced. They're horrible.

Hi Thanks for the review and glowing comments on our charming heritage hostel. I could not describe our location better thank you very much. We are taking on board your comments about the beds and should have many shiny new ones very shortly. Thanks again for staying at Tassie Backpackers and we hope to see you again if you return to Hobart.

Tassie backpacker is highly recommended for the backpackers as the place is cool and so are the staff and the environment... I give it 4.5 stars !!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Bhutan

Your staff were nice, food was great. Room was absolutely horrible and I would NEVER stay there again nor recommend it to anyone else. It was like sleeping in a sauna! No airflow, one window which had no fly screen. I have never wished for morning to come so quickly before in my life!

• 21st Jan 2015

Location was good, staff were friendly and facilities seemed good. Internet was a little flaky and strictly limited though.

Hi Many thanks for taking the time to review.I’m sorry that you had difficulty using our WiFi system. being in a building dating back to 1827 our sandstone walls weren't really built with this in mind! However, we have just upgraded our network and on our most recent tests all Rooms and Common Areas received signal a great achievement given the challenges of this amazing building! Thanks again for the thumbs up to the staff location and facilities we agree there great

« first « Prev 1 2 3