Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

The food in the pub was unreal! Room was very cosy and comfy

• 26th Jun 2015

The staff were absolutely excellent, they couldn't have done enough for us. The location was perfect, walking right in the centre of town. facilities were old but clean, there are no heaters in the rooms but there's an ample amount of blankets.

• 19th Jun 2015

Really friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Everything was uncomplicated and the people were just nice and helpful. The room and bathrooms are clean and all good (and there are a lot of bathrooms, so you don't have to queue for a free shower). The hostel is above The Brunswick Hotel, so on weekends you can just go downstairs and grab a beer and listen to some live music. All in all good value for money. I would definitely come back.

• 13th Jun 2015

Nice room, comfy bed, staf were friendly. The kitchen and bathrooms were very cold tho! Could have put the heaters on in the courtyardcourtyard. Good location

Cool place, I was there in the winter and I'm sure it's a lot busier in the summer season when it's warmer. They had a wonderful common area and the staff was great and moved my friend and I into a more expensive room (for no additional cost) so that we could be together (and not wake anyone else up with one of our 5 am flights).

No mirror in room or bathroom to have a shave. Mattress overdue for replacement. Great location and staff.

Poorly inculcated so it was freezing in dorms and washrooms. Lobby has a nice fireplace.

Great hostel in the heart of Hobart! Staff is very friendly like all Tazzies and answers you every question. People in my room were awesome! Never had so much fun in a room. One of my roommates became my travel mate. And I just stayed there for one night! Loads of showers available. Huge common room and kitchen with enough equipment. Bar downstairs has a warm and friendly atmosphere. When I'll (hopefully) come back to Hobart I'll stay here again!!!

There was no mirrors in the bathrooms or bedrooms. As entertaining as it is watching other girls squat in the hallway to do their makeup, its not that great stepping over them. I'm just lucky I'm not really a makeup wearer myself or I'd be extra annoying.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Average hostel, the staff were lovely. Showers were dirty. But rooms and kitchen were clean and comfortable.

Bang in the centre of hobart, right opposite woolworths but this meant when I booked a day tour trip the bus wouldn't pick me up from my accommodation! Very big and funky communal area but a bit chilly as it's mostly a courtyard. Free wifi throughout but the signal wasn't very strong in my room. Pub/restaurant downstairs looks lovely but I didn't try it. Room was quite smelly and dingy and bed was not very comfy. No signs to kitchen and its a bit of a maze! Generally pretty alright though.

Tas is where it's at and Tassie's was great. Situated within 5-10 min of club area (south) and bar-type area (north). Plenty of room in the common area, but the hostel was not super social in terms of other tenants, but the staff were awesome. The bar was a good spot to chill and the staff made me feel welcome. They took the time to tell me about the different things to do. Thanks Amy! you guys rock!

Mattress very uncomfortable

• 6th Apr 2015

didn't take the deposit of my booking

• 2nd Apr 2015

Stayed at this hostel twice. Met great people there and great value for money. would 100% stay again in returning to hobart

• 22nd Mar 2015

It's ok to stay a night, but if you want a comfortable bed, it's better to choice other hostel. Location is good.

The hostel was ok, friendly and helpful staff. My bed however was extremely uncomfy, the mattress was old and could feel the springs. The bunks also rocked a lot when anyone moved and the ladders were not attached and pretty dangerous. had I not checked in late Iin the evening I would of changed hostels.

I had a really nice stay at the tassie backpacker. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean and good value for money. But the animal skin on the floor at the entrance was not cool!

Really enjoyed my time here. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. The bar was good and although the toilets could be updated, it was definitely one of the best hostels I've visited in Aus.

Staff were generally very helpful and friendly.