Tassie Backpacker @ The Brunswick Hotel Reviews

67 Liverpool Street, Hobart, Hobart, Australia

Average hostel, good location. No powepoints or lamps at bedposts, attatched to a bar but no common area.

The staff at the front desk are very friendly and welcoming. There is a good clean working kitchen. There is free WiFi but it is slow WiFi. The location is right in the center of town with short walks to anywhere you want to go. Supermarket is directly across the street. I would definitely stay here again!

I was very disappointed with this hostel. There was no kitchen or lounge avilable as stated. I understand it was closed for maintanence but I should have been advised of this when checking in and i would never of stayed. I found the facilities to be poor and very dated.

I guess you pay for what you get but the place was pretty gross. Building was old. Beds were old and dirty. Room was damp

It was definitely a good place to stay. I like the facilities and people that were there. Maybe it was a bit chilly in september, but not a problem for me.

I had a great stay! Would recommend the brunswick hostel to anyone traveling to hobart!! Very nice bar and good food! I made some friends and the staff were very pleasant. Beds were incredibly comfortable and overall I would definitely come back 10/10

The room was freezing cause the small heater wasn't enough for that room size. The bathrom was not that clean and there wasn't no locker inside the room.

pluses: - comfy beds - actual working wifi (a rarity in hostels) - central - cheap - clean, well equipped - quiet (you can sleep after a day out) - warm showers minuses: - bit cold in winter (but doesn't affect your sleep I found) - quiet in winter (if you are looking to party/meet people, but not their fault) - cold bathrooms (but warm showers). the shower system is a bit strange though - no free locker... not the best if you want to keep your things secure (you can pay for it th)

Dirty, poorly equipped kitchen, other much smaller and remote(!) backpackers in Tasmania have much better facilities. Staff not very welcoming or helpful.

• 19th Jul 2015

very nice and helpful staff, but with "open" kitchen and area for eating and sitting outside it was really cold during the stay (June/July). Would not recommend to come during this time. During the summer could be a very nice place to sit and eat, especially with the music from the pub in the evening. i

The food in the pub was unreal! Room was very cosy and comfy

• 26th Jun 2015

Overall, it is a basic hostel. Not great. The bathroom door was near the main door to the backyard, so it was always cold during showers, especially during winter. The rooms were slightly dark, no bed lights, no individual bed power socket and the doors were quite flimsy. However, the location was quite good - in the central area, and accessible.

Reception staff were awesome and let us check in early and were incredibly helpful when we had any questions or queries. Only thing I'd say is it's bloody freezing in winter time, not much they can do about it but bring layers!! Or just spend your time by the lovely open fire downstairs in the bar :)

The staff were absolutely excellent, they couldn't have done enough for us. The location was perfect, walking right in the centre of town. facilities were old but clean, there are no heaters in the rooms but there's an ample amount of blankets.

• 19th Jun 2015

Really friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Everything was uncomplicated and the people were just nice and helpful. The room and bathrooms are clean and all good (and there are a lot of bathrooms, so you don't have to queue for a free shower). The hostel is above The Brunswick Hotel, so on weekends you can just go downstairs and grab a beer and listen to some live music. All in all good value for money. I would definitely come back.

• 13th Jun 2015

Nice room, comfy bed, staf were friendly. The kitchen and bathrooms were very cold tho! Could have put the heaters on in the courtyardcourtyard. Good location

Cool place, I was there in the winter and I'm sure it's a lot busier in the summer season when it's warmer. They had a wonderful common area and the staff was great and moved my friend and I into a more expensive room (for no additional cost) so that we could be together (and not wake anyone else up with one of our 5 am flights).