The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1921 Total Reviews

I only stayed here one night (a quick stop into KL) but the staff was really helpful. When I said I was only staying a few nights, the ladies at the front desk gave me a lot of helpful ideas for how to get the most out of my day. The facilities were excellent and clean and it was nice to have the common area downstairs. I met lots of people! This is a good choice!

The place is great for people travelling alone and it's in a good location with the main city being a train ride away. Staff weren't flexible when it came to negotiating nights of stay as I wanted to reduce mine from 3 nights to 2, which didn't happen, but other than that it was a good.

Kinda over-priced for a (damp) double room with no window, mixed toilets and showers. Breakfast is just toast. Good instant coffee though. Staff seemed pretty miserable.

A nice clean chilled out hostel. It's near to Chinatown and one stop away from the central railway station (easy to get to). Beds are ok, very basic. Bathrooms are clean. The only downside is that there isn't much going on in terms of atmosphere, as a lone traveller it took some effort to get others to engage, maybe that was just while I was there. It's very quiet at night, so a great place to get some sleep! Free tea and coffee all day and toast available in the morning. I'd stay there again.

Great hostel, really pleasant to stay in. Only minor quibbles I had were that the room doors don't auto lock (just for extra security) and that sadly my room had no window. But overall a very clean pleasant hostel to stay in.

Great place to stay in Kuala Lumpur. Great location in the center of China Town. Close to local transport which makes it easy to explore the city. Double rooms are small but clean. Only downside was the lack of sockets in the room. There is no wifi in the rooms (only in some rooms on the first floor). Room without window has no noise from the street. and ensures a good rest. Bathrooms are very clean. Breakfast is basic but good and all ypu can eat.

Love this place with the rooftop corner provided for relaxing.. worth visiting and the hostel is very clean..

Friendly ,Cheap. Nice location,Very clean

Good place to stay with a great location close to the central market. Lockers provided for everyone is great. Showers and bathroom facilities are also well maintained.

Fantastic location, great helpful staff, awesome living quarters, clean beds, surprisingly nice and beautiful bathrooms, righteous rooftop terrace, great common area, overall a beautiful clean happy and well kept establishment.

• 5th May 2015

Our flight got cancelled and when i emailed the hostel they emailed me that it was not a problem to change the booking. When we arrived in the morning she offered us towels to take a shower since our room was not yet available. Also we could have breakfast which was really nice after a long flight. Rooms are clean,with aircon,nice showers,good wifi and computers in commonroom,long breakfast and a friendly helpfull lady! Had a good stay!

STAFF VERY PROFESSIONAL, HELPFUL,VERY KIND, BREAKFAST COULD BE BETTER,IT'S VERY BASIC IF I COMPARE WITH OTHER GUESTHOUSES, TOILET- DOORS MUST BE CHANGED, THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO OPEN OR CLOSED AND,IN MY OPINION, UNSAFE FOR THE PERSONS

All good! Location is good. No window in dorm- not bothered but some one picky would be.

Nice place, nice atmosphere, staff was okay, it jus that they dont have elevator, if u stayed at 3rd floor, it was a challenge with all the bags

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

I liked a lot this hostel. Well located just 2 blocks away of a metro station and beside chinatown. I have red some conplains about the hostel only having wifi on the ground floor. I guess they do that so people dont stay up all night downloading torrents or watching youtube draining the broadband speed. If thats the reason it worked perfectly, the internet on the ground floor is superfast. My only complain would be that breakfast is just a little too poor,but I guess if you are not fuzzy its ok

Very pleasant stay, awesone staff.

I like here and will be back again.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Spotless clean. Hot showers. Should have wi-fi in the rooms and not only at reception / living room

great staff. super friendly and helpful. the double room was really nice and comfy for traveling couples.

Lovely little hostel tucked away from the main road. Excellent location - close to LRT or the free buses that go around the city. Super friendly and helpful staff. Free tea/coffee 24/7 and toast in the morning should you need. Extremely safe and secure with buzzer intercom to enter. Only fault was only 1 plug socket in our twin room, but lots of plugs available downstairs to use.

• 14th Apr 2015