The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I had only a brief stay here, but it was a nice one. Everything was great, my only complaint would be that there isn't a ton of space in the dorm rooms to put your stuff.

Ok place to stay. The location is a bit dodgy, be careful especcially at night. The dorms have no windows.

Very convenient location when arriving from the bus station. Not all surroundings should be tackled alone by women at nigh. Fancier than the usual hostel. Staff was amazing. Welcoming and helpful. And... peanut butter! Strongly recommend.

• 13th Dec 2014

This hostel is very clean and comfortable with helpful and friendly staff, especially Ivy who helped me several times to direct me around the city and plan my adventure beyond KL. After visiting other travelers at their hostels in the area, I'm glad I picked Explorers because of its location, staff, great facilities, and quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

• 12th Dec 2014

only slight complaint was the room had no window.

Room with no window? darkness? If you're a vampire, fine, but i like to have a window, have some light coming in. Hated the unisex bathroom. who wants to see some hairy chest and more in the morning. too much information. the atmosphere, clinical, nobody talked to oneanother. everybody just busy with their mobile devices. Sheesh, talking to real people, now way. Small kitchen area next to the toilet. Yummy.

This hostel has a good position of the city, locating between some sightseeing places, quite near one metro station. But it is a little chaotic in the midnight, so need to be careful once heading out late. The staff and atmosphere in the hostel is warm, feeling so relaxed here. Btw, Wifi only works in the hall, but it may be the good reason to gather people together. I definitely visit it again when I am back to KL.

Awesome hostel.

Helpful staff. Location near Chinatown

Great location and staff the only down side was there were only 2 showers for the whole floor and the rooms had no windows which made them like a cave

The staff are so friendly and helpful!!! A fun hostel with so many great travellers. I was originally only going to stay a week but ended up staying 3 weeks because its a cool place to hang out and its only 2 blocks away to the Reggae Mansion hostel which has the best rooftop bar with amazing views over the city and cheap drinks so pretty much went their every night. HIGHY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL

Nice hostel with an amazing atmosphere, friendly staff, and neatly clean. However, it is a little bit far from the main touristic attractions like the Petronas and the Kuala Lumpur tower. Also, it is located in an area of the city that is quite dirty and smelly. Despite the location, the hostel is great.

good hostel in a former hotel? it is in a decent location, lots of food places around. the dorm i stayed in was quiet and had a lovely airco which is needed in KL. a special note in this review to the quite helpful and very nice night-staff-woman, she makes a difference in the hostel! (the day woman as well, the male not so much, as he could not car eless ) downs? not really, it is close to downtown with the public transport. walking is a nightmare but that is not relevant to hostel.

Good place to stay, nice facilities, although in a room with 10 beds and no windows, individual lights would be a great improvement. I have to mention the fact that a mistake was made, as they booked my bed before I check out, so I had to move to another bed. This was an unpleasant situation only because staff moved my stuff out of the bed in my absence and without realising that something was wrong. It was not professional at all. Breakfast was simple but good.

Nice place. We would stay again. The only downside is the rooms facing the street (one on each floor) are extremely noisy - there is even a sign on the door apologising for this. Buses idle right outside the window. We slept ok, but for anyone with even slight noise sensitivity, it could be an issue.

It would have been nicer if all of the outlets inside the room are working. The carpet inside the room should have been cleaned from bugs. Room slippers should have been provided since shoes are not allowed inside.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • ProudPrude
  • Philippines

Great common area. Breakfast is mehhh, but it's free and pretty on par with everywhere else I've stayed in Asia so no complaints! The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were simple, but clean and bathrooms were very nice and clean. Easy to get to from the airport or on the LRT.

The beds were really comfortable for a hostel!

The only issue we had was the staff telling us to do the bath caves and templet park, we HAVE to book a tour they sell because there's no other way there. Well, we found ways - you can easily get to the bath caves by train and then go to the templet park by bus. For not even a tenth of the price! Other than that, the hostel is awesome! Just a bit tricky to find when you have never been to KL before. The easiest from the airport is the train to KL Sentral I think! I'd book there again!!

• 13th Nov 2014

I've stayed at this guesthouse for a week. I really loved this place and would like to stay next time for sure. Everything was perfect especially staff members were awesome.

• 12th Nov 2014