The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I love this hostel! the best!

Wow, I wish that I was actually spending time in KL as this is the best value in town. I had a layover and needed to get shower. The owners were very friendly (offering to let me shower for free, but I insisted on paying). The room looked very clean. The bathroom was immaculate and there was hot water!!! I have stayed at Sunshine Bedz and Regge Mansion but will stay at Explorers in future! Thank you very much guys, I look forward to visiting you soon :)

This hostel is really nice and the staff is very helpful and kind. It's situated close to the central market und chinatown and has a nice rooftop where you can enjoy the night with other guests. I felt very comfortable here.

• 11th Aug 2014

Nice hostel with a lovely lobby chill-zone. Beds are comfy and the showers are amazing. However, the blankets are scratchy and small and the policy of 'pick any bed" caused unnecessary drama in our room.

It was cool, Sunny de guy with the long hair was very kind and cool. It is a clean place and has good location and facilities... The staff is really helpfull, I enjoyed my stay here. :)

Great place to stay in KL. Extremely helpful host!

staff is exceptionally helpful!

wow talk about friendly helpful staff. Amazing

• 4th Aug 2014

A very nice hostel. We only stayed for one night before we moved on and when we were getting back to KL the hostel was fully booked! Would have loved to stay there again

Good job, keep it up :)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Really nice staff, and were there to welcome us at 3.30 am when we arrived. Free tea and coffee all day long!

Great location, excellent price and the staff was very attentive and kind, they provided us an umbrella when rain suddenly started one afternoon. What I liked most is that we had the option to pay for a private room. My only suggestion is to have Wifi access in all the hostel floors, I was at the 3rd floor and I had to go down at least to the first floor to get wifi signal, however, still great choice! I recommend it!

There was no wifi in the rooms/dorms, which is a pain since while there is wifi in the lobby area, often all the seats/sofas are occupied. They also don't have a laundry service. The rooftop terrace is nothing to speak of unfortunately(no shade, and only seats for 6) which is a shame. Other than that, it is a nice place to stay for a stopover.

Location is good, which is close to chinatown, and it's very clean, staff is nice and helpful, I had a great time over there.

The staff were exceptional and the rooms were clean and relatively spacious. There is a nice relaxed atmosphere but the rooftop terrace allows you to drink and party if you want. Location is good enough, with the hostel located quite closely to the monorail and a short bus ride to KL Sentral.

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Free tea and coffee all day, toast for breakfast with a good selection of jams and spreads. Computers to use free of charge and a well-equipped communal area with book exchange, games etc. Showers smelled like wee but I guess that's the disgusting guests and the hostel did a thorough clean regularly. Overall a pleasant place to stay.

• 24th Jul 2014

Enjoyed my time at the Explorers! Great location. No windows in my room so it was so dark all the time! Loved the rooftop! We went up there at night, nobody was there! A little oasis in the city. Perhaps a little introduction to the area would've been nice, but can't complain too much!

Our stay was really nice- the room, shared showers and toilets were also very very clean. Staff at the desk were really helpful! Thank you!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great atmosphere, good place to hangout, sofa with TV like home, 24/7 coffee tea, basic breakfast, free towel with stay, rooms are all you need good size, bagage storage, staff are so friendly, wanted to stay another night but they were fully booked and the staff told us we could come back at any time to hangout and have tea! Awesome place to stay! No complaints at all! We compare all our hostels to how good this place was! Oh yeah and 2 free desktop computers! Showers are awesome too! Enjoy!

• 22nd Jul 2014