The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1984 Total Reviews

pretty good, the location also good

Loved this hostel! So clean, great location, staff is super helpful and friendly, breakfast had peanut butter so I could make pb&j's :) great atmosphere. Def recommend!

• 25th Jun 2015

Place is very clean, rooms and beds are very good. Staff is awsome, very helpfull. They know if you help travellers around they will bring more travellers to them. Really nice vibe, I met allot of people in the common room. They even let me store my Mountainbike there for weeks. Stayed there for 6 nights in total. Also close to central market, china town and metro. Breakfast was a bit boring, a nice coffee would be better then the 3 in one sweet stuff. Really recommend this place!

Great hostel. Good location near Chinatown, Little India as well as the LRT / train station. Staff was very friendly, even when I arrived in the middle of the night. Rooms are clean, no windows though.

The hostel is located in a convenient area in KL, the train and some shops are located close by. The staff is lovely and very helpful in giving some advice as well as informing you about current events and safety issues. Bathroom and showers are clean.

Friendly welcome staff when you first walk in.

It is a great place to stay.

Great location clean and generally good facilities. The lady that runs the hostel is always nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

Good location and very helpful staff. Rooms and shared bathroom was clean. Would be good if there was wifi throughout the building and not just on the ground floor. Breakfast is just toast, but was fine to get us started for the day. Unlimited tea and coffee is always a bonus.

Great service, very friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

All is good, except the fact that it is quite noisy in the morning from the buses outside the building.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Location is very good, 3min walk to LRT station "pasar seni" and Chinatown. There are many backpackers who will get in touch in the awesome lounge facilities on ground floor. Shower + Bathrooms seem to be renovated and are pretty clean. If I ever come back to KL, I will definitely stay there again!

I really can recommend this hostel for everyone, nothing to complain about!

great place to stay in KL.

Great place!

I really liked this hostel. It's located just across from Chinatown, close to the train stop as well. Reception was very friendly. Upon check in I was given a map and heaps of things to do w directions to all of them. Staff is very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. I was able to leave my luggage the following day while waiting for my flight as well. Overall great stay and would recommend it.

The best hostel ever : )) everything good , nice staff , beatiful view at roof top , tea and coffe 24 hour , unlimited toast and jam. I love this place so much

Stay here for many times, friendly staff and good location. Will come again!!

Explorers is fast becoming my favourite place to stay in kl. Have been there twice now, for 5 nights cumulatively. The staff are humorous and welcoming, and they help you out wherever they can. The free breakfast is just toast and pb/jam/butter, but is still appreciated for those on a budget. The 4 and 10 bed dorms that I stayed in are clean (no windows, but the darkness just helps you sleep more deeply) and have AC. The decor at explorers is arty and fun, and the vibe is social.

I am a solo traveller and stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The hostel itself feels very safe but I wasn't keen on the area, not wanting be out alone much after 10pm. I also found that this was probably the most anti-social hostel, with everyone wanting to do their own thing and mind their own - however, this reflects the time of the stay more than the hostel, they could however promote group events. Overall I had an enjoyable stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7