The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2080 Total Reviews

Good location, close to central market and museums. Area was dodgy at night time. The locked door was needed in the hostel. Room had no window. Good spot for 2 night stopover

Pretty good. The twin room (206) doesn't have any natural light at all and is a bit of a box. Not the best. AC works well though. Staff are helpful. You have to buzz into the hostel on each entry - which should help keep the riff raff out but I felt the room door could've been more secure. Fantastic location. Good, warm showers. Free coffee & tea all day & night. Fair price.

I always travel alone and finding this hostel has been a luck! I found very good and friendly people in a very cool place. The hostel is cleaned, pretty quiet and it has all the confort you need. The location is perfect, close to the major city attractions. The staff is very kind and helpful. I recommend this hostel for all backpackers who like travelling alone or with friends.

• 17th Aug 2015

Great location, clean and nice backpacker atmosphere

The staff was not very friendly. Like when I wanted to book my taxi to the airport the guy at the reception told me to come back in ten minutes as he was having his sandwich. When upon my arrival I asked for a map, he just gave it to me without telling anything about the city. After I asked to point where we are on the map he only did this without giving any further directions.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Latvia

It was really nice hostel! Staffs were always smiling. They did not know much about the city though. And the blanket they provided smelt really bad Bathrooms and rooms were quite clean if you think of the price And atmosphere was really nice for the people who do not want crazy party but also would like to meet some people as well. Location was excellent as it was within walking distance to many of touristic places I think I will definately come back

It easy a Very pleasant stay because the room was clean and also the bathroom, but especially the kindness of the staff was excellent. I decided to return to the hostel on my way back to Kuala Lumpur

• 12th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel, which has friendly staffs. The location is quite good, near LRT station, easy to go everywhere.The room is clean. We really like it.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • China

Oy stayed the night but it was a nice place. Very clean, air conditioning worked great. Clean bathrooms.

Staff was not friendly. When checking in, was not provided with a blanket or towel, so had to request at a later time. Throughout the stay, no smiles or welcome. They would answer questions, but just minimum, seemed as if they were annoyed having to answer questions. When checking out, there was no smile, thank you, or goodbye. Texting the phone as I gathered my deposit and bags...had to say out loud "bye! thank you!" before leaving. adequate directions were not given for going to the airport.

From California and stayed in Malaysia. Explorers is the best hostel here! Hospitality alone makes it a winner. Showed up not knowing what to do and sunny made my trip totally worth it.

• 6th Aug 2015

Already my second time here. Clean, safe and spacious rooms. Good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff.

Great, comfortable place that I always stay at in KL.

A great place to stay for a night or more. Very sociable atmosphere, they do stuff like pub crawls and walking tours like in Europe. I only stayed here for one night, but if I come back to KL again in future, this place will be the place to come visit again if the reviews are still excellent as they currently are. Only 5 or 10 minutes walk to the LRT.

The spacious rooms are nice and clean, the lobby/common room with its sofas, TV and kitchen has a nice atmosphere. The only thing that needs improvement is that wifi is not available in the rooms but only in the common room.

Drinking water to refill plastic bottles (other than the hot water in the coffee urn) and whole grain bread for breakfast would be nice.

Even I only stayed here for a night since they re fully booked, I really loved my stay here.

Crunchy peanut butter and unsweetened coffee--yay! (What's so hard about that?) Now, if they could just get some whole grain bread and/or cereal...

Great place! Nice common area which makes is easy to have a chat with the other guests and good looking, clean bathrooms. There are also lots od travel guides you can borrow to compare information or discover new places.

Wonderful stay. Great location. PB&J for breakfast was delicious. Wifi only available downstairs which wasn't that big of a deal.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7