The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really good hostel! Book in advance to guarantee your bed!

We had an alright experience here. I stayed here with my mother in a private room. Certain members of the staff could be a little more helpful and kind considering they're accommodating guests for their business. The location is great, facilities were clean, the no shoe policy I could do without; I understand it's customs and all but it's a lil unhygienic personally. Also be sure to book a room far from the street noise. It woke me up at 6 AM. Overall I'd stay here again though.

Nice enough place, though it had more of a hotel feel to it than a hostel. There's a big common area but nobody seemed to interact. The room smelt a bit musty but otherwise it's clean.

Great place. The location is great, everything is SUPER CLEAN, the stuff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • Russia

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I couldn't be happier with the experience! The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean, the overall atmosphere was wonderful. I would recommend this place to all of my friends and if I ever find myself back in Malasya I would stay here again!

• 1st Feb 2016

Just a fabulous place!

I had a wonderful time in the hostel .. I was amazed by how good it was , the staff are so friendly and most important safety and cleanliness was extraordinary .. You couldn't ask for more .. Defiantly will come back over and over

Had a great stay at the Explorers, the staff were super friendly and helpful. Location is couldn't be better and the female dorm was very spacious. Nice common area, too and a good mix of travelers. I'll definitely stay there again on my way back!

Very convenient location and really clean. Thanks all

Really nice common area with TV, sofas, etc and wonderful staff. There was a problem with the a/c in my room and they fixed it immediately. Wifi is only on the ground floor which might be a problem for some, and there is no lift, but I would highly recommend this hostel!

Great hostel if in transit. They make everything extremely easy and arrange everything for you.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Great hostel! Rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. Free toast and hot drinks at breakfast, which was great! Location was good and right near a train station which was one stop from the Hun of all trains, and also very close to Chinatown! Plug sockets closer to all beds in a dorm would have been a bonus! Communal area was great, and a good place to meet other travellers! Great stay!

• 21st Jan 2016

Loved this hostel! The staff were very friendly and would go out if their way to help us with anything. Lovely and clean, and in a great place to explore KL.

• 18th Jan 2016

Unfortunately our stay here was cut short. the air-conditioning unit in our room started leaking straight away. when we told the staff about this issue they responded promptly and professionally. I am glad to say we were happy with how they dealt with this issue. the staff were unable to give us a new room so they transferred us free of charge to their sister hotel, the 1000 miles hotel. despite being more expensive we were given massive apologies although none were needed at this stage.

• 18th Jan 2016

Very helpful front desk staff. Clean facilities

• 18th Jan 2016

Best location you can find in KL just at the beginning of Chinatown and close to the transport system; also bars and restaurants around the corner! The staff is super friendly and helps you always if needed. I really appreciate this hostel and will come again for sure!

Very friendly staff and good location! The room had a weird smell and the air was a bit stiffling. Also the Wi-Fi only worked in the lobby area. Still had a nice stay there in KL.

Clean, friendly, good location. Left my backpack for a over a week in the luggage storage. Was no problem. Staff is very nice and helpful. No complaints.

• 14th Jan 2016

Very helpful friendly staff. Quiet location but very close to chinatown too. Would recommend

Great guesthouse, lovely staff! I even went back :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7