The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Please sell printing services.

• 10th Apr 2014

Nice hostel with very friendly staff. Located close to China Town, LRT and free busses. They have free breakfast, but I rather go outside for a better meal (you can only have so much toast with jam before you want something else). Big dorm rooms, however there is no windows in the rooms, so if you are used to wake up to daylight, it might be difficult for you. A good place to stay :)

Amazing staff. Very friendly and informative. Gave lots of maps and information and answered every question I had with thoughtful additions and took into account my interests. Clean and a good environment to meet people. Nice morning breakfast and coffee/tea available all the time. Though there is no wifi in the rooms, it ended up being a perfect excuse to cozy up with tea downstairs and watch tv with new friends. Wifi is excellent on ground floor.

We had a very good experience. Our room didn't have any windows but that's ok for 2 nights. Location is perfect. Facilities are extremely clean. It's a good place to stay in KL

everything okey and good. no comment...

Great stay, great staff, just a room without window wasn't good.

Very accommodating staffs and clean place

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you so much for helping me out with minor things that were above and beyond what you really need to do. I originally booked for 4 nights and went down to 1 as I changed my plans to go to Singapore. But you allowed me to use a locker for the full 4 nights and also use your showers when I got back...as I had to catch my long flight to Europe that night. You guys rock...really appreciate it!! If I'm back in KL, I will be back! :)

So great an fantastic. Hello everybody I want tell u something about this hostel. Honestly speaking i'm very very happy stying at this hostel because alls the staff here very friendly and always help the people. the dorm and the toilet always clean and tip top. I want recommend every people when come to kuala lumpur, Malaysia ,pls come and stay this hostel (Explorer GuestHouse Hostel). you alls can make a coffee and tea 24 hour... so fantastic... Visit malaysia 2014 and enjoy your holiday !!!

Good location 5mins walk to tube station one stop from KL sentral. Separate toilets and showers. Always clean. Good water pressure and hot water. Toast and hot drinks for breakfast. Had private twin, spotless. Comfy beds. Nice staff. Didn't speak to any other guests but only stayed one night. Good value would recommend.

Very well located with clean, functioning facilities and excellent wifi in the lobby. Room was simple and value for money but air conditioning was quite weak.

The atmosphere is great, not longer after I arrived I was already spread on the couch with my feet up. The staff was super friendly. As I left in the middle of the night to the airport, they told me to take a rest at their couch and use their bathroom and shower anytime I wanted (instead of paying for a room one more night). Naing the receptionist (I think that's his name) even gave me a clean towel when I took a shower at 2 am before leaving. He and Ivy were great.

• 11th Mar 2014

This place was a but over my normal budget when travelling in asia but I got it recommended to me and it was so worth it to pay a bit more. The staff were among the most serviceminded that ive met during 6 months of travel through se asia.

clean, and well located. however, it was noise during night while others were trying to open or close the door. it made others hard to get sleep. overall, it was a good stay.

My first hostel since travelling! since realised that this is one of the best. great atmosphere and Wifi. free tea and coffee all day. great location, - i recommend a late night drink and boogey in the Reggae bar on the same road. very helpful staff and good sized clean rooms.

Not a bad hostel. Located in a good area near central market, china town and a train station to take you all over KL. The staff were nice and fairly helpful. The dorm room was nice and clean and the bathrooms were great and clean. Wifi only in the lobby which really sucked because the hostel is many flights of stairs high. The common area was not good. Didn't give off the best atmosphere to meet people. Overall good hostel for the price though.

The receptionst morning shiff ( Filipines girl) not friendly people. Last time i got problem about my bed... somebody people taken my bed (sharing room 10 bed) so I just asking to receptionist why my bed have something people sleep and the receptionist so angry to me and ask your not understand I working here so long hour and i'm very tired. I don't why the receptionist so angry to me because I just asking only " why my bed is ready taken. So next time please respect guest and customer !!!

the bathroom has no dedicated bin.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

We enjoyed our stay, room was a good size, comfortable bed and shared bathrooms were always clean. Only improvement would be WiFi in the rooms, common area was packed and sometimes there was not enough seating for everyone. Would definitely stay again.

The Guesthouse is very comfortable and clean. We had a nice stay. It was hard to get wifi in our room but there were good PCs in the lobby. Only thing we didn't like: Our room didn't have a window.

• 17th Feb 2014