The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great location and friendly staff. Rooms and bathrooms were always being cleaned. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which had a lot of space, was not cramped at all.

A very chill and relaxing atmosphere with clean baths and toilets. Staff are friendly and very approachable. Being in the middle of two train stations serving 3 different lines, and with Petaling Street (Chinatown) just across the street, and the start point of the KL Marathon being a 5 minutes walk away, this location is excellent. Will definitely stay there again next year!

Very friendly staff who meets your special needs as much as they can, in particular breakfast arrangement before the usual hours, in view of those running the recent standard charted KL marathon.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Very clean, and pretty decent breakfast spread. It was unfortunate that they only have internet in the lobby, and I didn't like the fact that I had to put down a deposit for the key. But all in all, a nice place to stay!

It was impossible to find, no one had heard of the road or hostel when I was trying to find it. As I was flying it out early the next day I got a private room, it had no window. It was literally a box with a bed in it. They offered no map on arrival or information on what was close by. At best an average hostel

Very pleased with our stay. The only thing was that there were no windows our the room.

Hostel is just two minutes from LRT away. Facilities are very clean. Lockers are outside of the room which is a bit annoying but there wouldn't be any place for them in the dorm. Lockers are beeing watched by cameras. Lounge area is really cozy and perfect to chill. Breakfast consists of toast, butter, peanut butter and various types of jam. Coffee and tea 24 hours. The old lady on the reception is quite friendly. However, lack of interest for the younger generation behind the desk!

nice cool place.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Singapore

The first night I arrived I was invited out for food with a few other guests. An employee of the hostel, Sonny, took us out to Chinatown and we enjoyed a dinner at the night market. We had a great time out and all the staff were friendly and helpful here.

• 29th Sep 2014

Thanks for the compliment hot beverage 24/7, and answer to my queries promptly.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel was amaizing. The lady at the reception always helpfull, giving you advice and telleing you what are the main points to visit. Wifi very fast, rooms really clean and really good place for a good sleep. Totally recomended!!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Good, social lounge at the reception with tv, computers, tables, couches, wifi.

No doubt it is ranked TOP Rated Hostel in KL. I have been to other hostels in KL but Explorers gives more comfort, extra clean environment, large common room and breakfast with a lot of assorted jams and Peanut Butter ;) . Staff is very caring that makes sure that you are comfy throughout the stay. Recommended to all!

Great location, clean and attentive staff. Comfy common area with fast internet. All rooms with a/c. As I was sick, I ended up staying several nights and felt well cared for. Many guests returned here after visiting Malaysia and before leaving the country.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice and clean Hostel with helpful staff. Would stay there again at any Times :-)

Great hostel. Staff were great and helpful. Clean hot showers and met lots of travellers. I recommend this hostel

Very kind people at reception and a comfortable place to stay. Clean rooms and bathrooms.

My stay was so comfortable and at ease because of the environment in the hostel. It is secure with excellent location near Chinatown. Nothing negative to me throughout my stay. Recommended!

I hâve already recommended for traveller's That i met

• 8th Sep 2014

Located on what seems to be the backpacker strip in KL, it's a good place to meet fellow travellers. I have stayed in a few places in KL and this is my favourite. There is a very interesting Chinese temple directly opposite.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6