The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2096 Total Reviews

Lots of mosquitoes in the common room near the fountain area

Very good located- airport and points of interests are easy to reach. Very friendly and supporting staff. Nice common area and atmosphere.

• 28th Aug 2015

Nice place, have a good atmosphere. The wifi only on the lobby.

We stayed here for 2 nights it was a lovely hostel, staff were very friendly, room was clean, shared bathrooms were clean, free wifi and breakfast, great location would recommend to anyone

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The Hostel was up-to the mark & very suitable for all backpackers and travellers. Every-time I visit KL this is the only hostel I'll stay.

Good location, close to central market and museums. Area was dodgy at night time. The locked door was needed in the hostel. Room had no window. Good spot for 2 night stopover

Pretty good. The twin room (206) doesn't have any natural light at all and is a bit of a box. Not the best. AC works well though. Staff are helpful. You have to buzz into the hostel on each entry - which should help keep the riff raff out but I felt the room door could've been more secure. Fantastic location. Good, warm showers. Free coffee & tea all day & night. Fair price.

I always travel alone and finding this hostel has been a luck! I found very good and friendly people in a very cool place. The hostel is cleaned, pretty quiet and it has all the confort you need. The location is perfect, close to the major city attractions. The staff is very kind and helpful. I recommend this hostel for all backpackers who like travelling alone or with friends.

• 17th Aug 2015

An amazing hostel. A place I started and ended my journey in Malaysia. The staff welcome you with open arms and a great cheery spirit willing to point you in the direction of anything you need. The breakfast is brilliant. It consists of my two favorites free things and peanutbutter! Theres always people to chat to and people sharing their stories and tips on where to go. I came on my own and ended on a an adventure with great people. Hugely recomended! Thanks!

• 15th Aug 2015

Great location, clean and nice backpacker atmosphere

The staff was not very friendly. Like when I wanted to book my taxi to the airport the guy at the reception told me to come back in ten minutes as he was having his sandwich. When upon my arrival I asked for a map, he just gave it to me without telling anything about the city. After I asked to point where we are on the map he only did this without giving any further directions.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Latvia

It was really nice hostel! Staffs were always smiling. They did not know much about the city though. And the blanket they provided smelt really bad Bathrooms and rooms were quite clean if you think of the price And atmosphere was really nice for the people who do not want crazy party but also would like to meet some people as well. Location was excellent as it was within walking distance to many of touristic places I think I will definately come back

It easy a Very pleasant stay because the room was clean and also the bathroom, but especially the kindness of the staff was excellent. I decided to return to the hostel on my way back to Kuala Lumpur

• 12th Aug 2015

Very nice hostel, which has friendly staffs. The location is quite good, near LRT station, easy to go everywhere.The room is clean. We really like it.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • China

Oy stayed the night but it was a nice place. Very clean, air conditioning worked great. Clean bathrooms.

Hard to find~

Staff was not friendly. When checking in, was not provided with a blanket or towel, so had to request at a later time. Throughout the stay, no smiles or welcome. They would answer questions, but just minimum, seemed as if they were annoyed having to answer questions. When checking out, there was no smile, thank you, or goodbye. Texting the phone as I gathered my deposit and bags...had to say out loud "bye! thank you!" before leaving. adequate directions were not given for going to the airport.

From California and stayed in Malaysia. Explorers is the best hostel here! Hospitality alone makes it a winner. Showed up not knowing what to do and sunny made my trip totally worth it.

Already my second time here. Clean, safe and spacious rooms. Good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff.

Great, comfortable place that I always stay at in KL.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7