The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Amazing location, very helpful staff that offer great advice, nice showers and air conditioned rooms. Would definitely stay again next time I am in KL.

Very friendly and helpful staff, we will definitly come back one day! Thank you.and keep your spirit!

Great Hostel! Very laid back atmosphere, you can still meet people. Nice mix of younger and older travellers. The rooms are really nice, is basic, but you can pretty much have unlimited toast. ;) definitely recommend this Hostel, the location is perfect aswell!

Had a great stay at this hostel! Easy to meet other backpackers and the staff were great!

Great location, rooms didnt seem really clean tough. Besides, wifi only worked in the lounge, which is bad when you are trying to plan your next day before going to sleep

Very nice hostel! the staff is amazing, really helpful, it has a nice common area on the first floor and a nice terrace wher people can hang out, made some friends there.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I was very pleased with my stay in this Hostel. From the get-go you are treated very friendly. Luckily the location is very central so you can reach it quickly. The pub-street is nearby as well. The rooms are excellent and clean. I can recommend it.

• 30th Dec 2015

Nice plan, very clean, very comfortable. Location is perfect and definitely makes the place. The lady who works at reception is incredibly nice, the younger guy with long dark hair is pretty non-responsive and a little unpleasant. Would go back.

My friend and I got into KL at 4:30 am. We had booked a room for the next night and prayed they'd have two beds available when we got in, but unfortunately, they were booked. Instead of telling us to leave and come back, they let us in and let us nap/relax on the couch until it was time for our check-in. They were very kind, understanding, and completely turned around what would have been a rough morning. On top of that, the rooms/bathrooms were clean. Kinda far from the bars, but overall good.

The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, the room was clean and tidy with good air conditioning and warm showers ! I would definitely stay again.

Excellent place to stay! The staff is really courteous and polite. The location is proximate to chinatown/central market and fairly close o chung kat and klcc as well as merdeka square. I would really recommend this place for a nice and cozy place to stay with great facilities for a great price!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • India

Very helpful staff, convenient location, very clean, with good facilities. I really liked the all day free coffee and tea. I just missed wall socket available in every bed.

Medium sized hostel, located in Chinatown KL Chinatown is an interesting part of town and relatively close to the main city (15 min walk). Rooms are basic, but contain everything you need. Shower and toilets are on every floor and showers are hot! Staff were helpful and the 24hr check-in is very convenient!

Excellent hostel we got recommended to us, amazing staff, spacious dorms, lovely bathroom facilities. Not a bad word to say about it.

The hostel was great. The location superb. The staff very friendly, and everything is clean. I had a great time.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place, nice staff, clean bathrooms, good location.

all in all really nice hostel! second time that i"ve stayed here, and i"ll be back next time when im in KL. The staff is really friendly! I arrived at a kind of akward time after a long travel, but they were really helpful in getting me a bed as soon as possible, although the hostel was completely booked. Furthermore, it really is in the center of KL, so everything is sort of walking distance, but even better is the free bus that leaves from just around the corner. Good wifi and clean showers.

The staff is lovely, however, since the rooms have carpets and no windows, and I have asthma, I didn't have the easiest time sleeping, I then moved to a room with window and the noise from the street was insane - not their fault obviously. Overall it's a lovely place unless you're allergic.

Clean Hostel, well located and friendly stuff. The lounge/common area is very nice. Only downside: the dorms smell terrible

If I could give this staff a raise, I would. They were spectacular. The place is clean, staff is helpful and friendly.

• 20th Dec 2015