The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel conveniently located a few minutes walk to Petaling Street and Metro station. Rooms were clean and comfy, good A/C and very clean bathrooms. Staff were friendly. I'd recommend this place to any budget travelers visiting KL.

Safe, clean, generally quiet, kind staff, and seems well maintained. In Chinatown which is very near a train stop and big bus station. A bit dodgy late at night which is true for most of the city. Three floors and moderate size common area. Surprisingly nice bathrooms and showers for a hostel. I stayed in a private room with no windows which kept me away from the sounds of honking buses out front which is common during the day.

The location of the hostel puts you right near the major KL tourist attractions, making it incredibly convenient. I arrived very late at night, and the staff member manning reception was very welcoming and gave me helpful tips about where things were in the hostel and where I could find food late at night. The facilities are what you would expect from a basic hostel. I like that it is a quieter hostel. Wifi is only available in the common area, but otherwise works well.

Really enjoyable stay, great staff, location very central next to Central Market, and the trains a few minutes walk. Would always stay here if in KL, and would recommend to anyone.

It was an absolutly fantastic place to stay. The rooms and even the shared bathrooms were very tidy and clean. And the staff is just great and very friendly. They all give you good advices for your stay and everything and help where they can. Loved the stay very much!!!

• 30th May 2014

Great location in Chinatown nr central market and KL Sentral. Friendly staff nice layout with sofa/ TV chill out are in lobby so friendly and high spec of facilities. I will use again when in KL

Great location - walking distance to all the best parts of the city centre and the train. Great peaceful atmosphere - a quiet lounge to hang out or work in. Of my many visits to KL this remains in my top two of favorite hostels (The other one is in Bukit Bintang). The only downside is if you get a room on the third floor - it's quite a hike up the stairs. Though there's a nice hangout balcony and TV lounge up there. Still, it beats other hostels for cleanliness and comfort.

This place is truly excellent. I went here after not liking the vibes at another nearby hostel, and I'm so glad I did! The staff are super helpful, and even gave me some detergent when I went out to do my laundry. The common area is just the right size to make meeting other travelers easy. There's free coffee and tea all day. Explorers is right on the border between Chinatown and Little India, so there's tons of food options. And it's walking distance to Bukit Bintang. I'll definitely go back!

Apart from the guy shooting up crack on the front steps - this is a decent hostel to stay out. Oh, upgrade your internet guys to reach the rooms.

The only negative think was that the rooms don't have windows. For the rest very nice and cozy.

I was only there for a night, but everything was clean and working. Great air con in the rooms. Staff was really helpful, even when I checked-in at midnight and they were able to help me figure out what to do when I only had a few hours to spend in the city. Not sure how the social scene is, but would definitely consider going back there.

Absolutely LOVED this place. Staff are so friendly and always offering good advice, and trip booking. Location is great, close to train to get anywhere pretty quickly, and near central market, great for shopping. Free breakfast and free tea and coffee all day are great for travellers on budget. Big downstairs communal area with TV, free wifi and computers. Really clean and nice rooms and bathrooms. Only thing I didnt like was bedrooms dont have windows so makes it hard to wake up in the morning!

Perfect in many ways. Add Milo drinks option in the breakfast would be great!!

• 10th May 2014
  • Philippines

This was a very nice hostel, clean and with friendly staff. The only downside is that there was not much of an atmosphere there to meet people. However, this maybe because it was a quieter time of year. Overall, I recommend this place. though.

We had a great stay! Its a superclean place with very helpful staff! The rooms are nice and wifi worked perfectly. The breakfast is free and coffee and tea is all day, yay! Good common area! Would defently stay again.

Good location to central market, china town, puduraya bus station, LRT station (pasar seni and jamek mosque). No available Wi-Fi in private room is a pity for such wonderful hostel.

I always enjoy my stay at Explorers Guesthouse. It is clean, safe, friendly, well located, nice people, good service, and it has Wifi, so I can do some work.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

Really enjoyed our stay! Right next to china town and the central market. Also very close to a train stop so easy to get to the rest of KL. The rooms were lovely and bathrooms very clean. Also loved the free tea, coffee and toast. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. If I go back to KL I would stay here again!!!

I had a great time here. The Staff was super friendly. Way nicer than I expected for its value. great place to chill out and hop on the train to go to different destinations.

Hostel was fine. We were only here for a 7 hour stopover so didn't get to experience too much. Good bed, air-con and shower, that was about all we used. Looked like a nice chilled out common room too.

• 27th Apr 2014