The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thanks a lot for a great week, will never forget this!

• 30th Jan 2015

We really loved to stay in The Explorers. Thanks for making our first days in Malaysia so comfortable!

• Czech Republic

Good hostel! Comfortable rooms and they provide towels. Some downsides: there is no lamp and electric socket per bed which is a bit troublesome, there are no electric sockets in the bathroom for hairdryers and there was internet only in the first floor. Location is good and staff are very friendly. The atmosphere is good and the decoration is very cool!

Breakfast could be better and more healthier. The cups need to be bigger.

• 30th Jan 2015

Really excellent hostel! Really surprised at the space and facilities of the communal areas!

Basic, but conveniently located - would highly recommend. Good value for money.

• 26th Jan 2015

Explorer's was excellent for our stay in KL. The location was perfect... close to the sentral market, railway station, and some cool landmarks and museums. The staff was very helpful and gave us tips on where to go during the day. The hostel itself is big with good showers and clean bathrooms. There is a nice rooftop terrace to have beers and relax at night. The lobby is a good place to meet other travellers and have a good breakfast to start your day! Definitely recommend staying here!

• 24th Jan 2015

Explorers Guesthouse is a great hostel! Really nice staff, great atmosphere, clean, WiFi downstairs and breakfast in the morning. It's well located too. I stayed for 14 days, and I didn't have any problems.

• 23rd Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. A cheap, clean, and safe hostel that is located right in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. The staff members are very kind and accommodating without being pushy. I would come back to this hostel every time I visit KL!

• 21st Jan 2015

This is the best hostel I v ever stayed. Located in the city central area with very convenient transportation options to everywhere. The facility is very good and clean. I meet some very nice friends from other countries.

Very near to the Chinatown and Pasar Seni Station.10 minutes walk to the Central Market.Easy to find places to eat.There is no water pipe in the toilet,only toilet paper is available.Overall,I'm satisfied.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Amazing stay over at the explorers. They have the friendliest staff on earth. :D

I loved my stay at the Explorers Guesthouse. Easy to find from the airport using the instructions on their site. Four bed dorm room was comfortable. Staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. This is a peaceful place, not a party place. Lobby is a nice area to read or enjoy the complimentary tea/coffee.

Really liked everything of this hostel. If I come back KL, gonna stay here again! Thanks alot for making my journey more safe ;)

WiFi only workshop in the lobby, but is good there. No windows in the room. Airco workshop fine. Very helpfull staff

great hostel,great staff always helpull and with disposition,very clean also,comunal areas and rooms,you can breath good air. much cleaner than some hotels

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Spain

I had a special request that the staff was more than happy to accommodate. Clean, great wifi, great location, and helpful staff. Nothing but good things.

• 12th Jan 2015

It's really simple and good place to stay. Thumbs up!

It is still the same, when I came to The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel three year ago...and now. But last travel I just stayed for transit only, Yesterday... I had a little journey then.... the staff Ailene and Sunny are wonderfull and the driver Mr. Raymond was a nice guy too, so this time I could around Kuala lumpur , Colmar and Genting...etc, And general others things is follow, but it nice to stay at The Explorer Guesthouse

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent location and staff.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels