The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2082 Total Reviews

A very nice and well kept place.

Great place! Nice common area which makes is easy to have a chat with the other guests and good looking, clean bathrooms. There are also lots od travel guides you can borrow to compare information or discover new places.

Wonderful stay. Great location. PB&J for breakfast was delicious. Wifi only available downstairs which wasn't that big of a deal.

Great hostel! Very clean and well organized. Pretty chilled atmosphere, you can meet lots of nice people if you're keen on it, if not it's also easy to stay on your own cause it's quite andthere are a lot of possibilities to sit down, like the rooftop terrace. Would definitely recommend it! Make sure you book in advance, usually all the rooms are booked.

Really loved our stay here from the start. The staff are very welcoming and helpful; providing a good guide and information on things to do and prices/directions. They even went out their way to provide somewhere for us to do a telephone interview. Rooms are very nice and everything including communal bathrooms were always clean. Great location and good atmosphere for couples as well as lone travellers as social events are put on in the evenings. Will stay here again and recommend to everyone

Very convenient for reaching the bus terminal (5 min walk around the corner) if you plan to go anywhere in Malaysia by bus. I hated the area though (kind of seedy).

Great location in Chinatown and near transport links. Had some problems with the air con in our dorm but staff were really good and handled it well. Would stay again.

Friendly and helpful staff.

An OK experience, communal areas could be much more sociable, mostly focused on TV and lounge sort of situation, perfect if you want to sit next to someone without talking. Beds are nice and the bathrooms are clean, new and fresh with good water pressure. Breakfast is tea/coffee and toast. Barely worth mentioning but you get what you pay for. I'd prefer somewhere that encourages meeting people.

I had a nice (short) stay at the Explorers Guesthouse. Nice, clean place and very helpful lady at the reception. Only negative point is that the femal dorm I was in did not have any window.

the hostel has a comfy and large communal room, in the first floor, where we can meet lots of new people but they only provide internet connection in this floor only :( As for the room, its spacious with decent bunk bed, clean sheet but no bed light and electricity plug so its kindda hard to recharge your device. Make sure you bring your own headlight or flashlight.

I made a reservation for just two days and I stayed like 4 or 5 nights. The hostel is very nice, very good location, pretty easy to walk to everywhere. They have someone cleaning all the time and it looks very nice! The woman at the deception was so nice all the time, and so helpful! I'll highly recommend it.

We liked the guesthouse . Only downsite is the breakfast. Its nog that much. We surtenly will go back before leaving malysian .

• 15th Jul 2015

A generally great hostel, the staff went out of their way by allowing me to change my booking a day forward on the night due to a missed plane, and then, saving my key deposit for me until my key turned up in the hostel when I'd misplaced it.

Good place to stay in KL, well located. It was clean and had all the facilities you needed.

Good place for backpackers, friends and familly. Cool atmosphere, very safe(the door of the hostel is locked 24h and they checked who enter, so very safe!). Nice rooftop and lounge. The staff gives very good touristic advices and guides (in several languages) are available. 2 little bad points: communs area (kitchen and bathroom/shower) are clean but not perfectly, and the wi-fi is available only on the lounge (ground floor). Anyway, I totally advice this hostel for every body, good deal!!

Very clean, very friendly, great atmosphere. Location is very close to all the major sites in KL. Would highly recommend.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location right next to the MRT, wifi only in the lobby but that made for. More social environment. Staff were helpful and breakfast was simple but included which was a nice add.

Extremely helpful when problems arose for our AC, very accommodating and helpful in all aspects. I would recommend staying there for a stress free vacation!

Amazing place. Friendly staff and great location. Would stay there again.

• 1st Jul 2015