The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Please attach some photo so that people will not confused with twin and double private room and breakfast menu can be changed a bit..other things are so good...staffs are friendly and helpful,location is strategy(near LRT station,near Petaling Street,fast food restaurants)..

Really well located with good transport links. We stayed in a twin room, the aircon was amazing in the heat! Good backpackers, staff were friendly and helpful.

Absolutely lovely stay here! Basic but rooms, communal areas, and bathrooms were always very clean and showers were great. Staff were super friendly and helpful!!! Spoke very good english and loved to answer questions with helpful advice. Very safe needing to be buzzed in and felt very homely. Really close to the train station and markets/food close by. ggae Mansion just down the road was a good place to go out to. Awesome hostel, would definitely stay here again! Thanks to Ivy and Sunny!!!

A great place to stay if you want to live in the middle of town. The staff are very helpful. We loved staying there, but we never used the roof terrasse, because it was too warm and not so good fasilities.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Wow! Great hostel, near to metro. Chilled out common room where I actually got work done.

Great location but not much atmosphere. Very clean.

Really great location, friendly staff, you won't regret your stay. Their taxi driver Dragon was really lovely.

Second time staying at this hostel. Good location, clean rooms at a very good price. Can get a little noisy at night though.

Absolutely lovely place. Very safe. Good access to wifi on the ground floor. Breakfast consisted of toast with different spreads. They sold water over the counter for 1.80 ringgit. The bed rooms were lovely and clean as were the showers and bathrooms. Perfect location between two train stations and right next to Chinatown. Would definitely stay here again if ever in kl again

• 14th Jun 2014

I can say only good things about my stay there.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The boss and staff are very kind and nice. It has a very convenient location, two minutes to central market or Chinatown. It let me feel safe. It's clean and tidy. Free breakfast,coffee and tea. If i go to KL again, i will also choose explorer hostel.

Brilliant hostel in a great location. Staff were very helpful and let me leave my bag there for 4 days at no cost. Would recommend and will stay again if I return to KL. Thanks guys for a lovely stay.

it was my 2nd time to stay there, I wouldn't go back if my 1st stay wasn't good, right? The first time I went there, I was doing a solo travel, but on my 2nd time, my friend was with me. She loved it there as well. I really love the location. It's near the Central Market where you can shop for affordable items and souvenirs. Also, the owners are really nice and very accommodating. Keep up the good job! :)

Great hostel conveniently located a few minutes walk to Petaling Street and Metro station. Rooms were clean and comfy, good A/C and very clean bathrooms. Staff were friendly. I'd recommend this place to any budget travelers visiting KL.

Safe, clean, generally quiet, kind staff, and seems well maintained. In Chinatown which is very near a train stop and big bus station. A bit dodgy late at night which is true for most of the city. Three floors and moderate size common area. Surprisingly nice bathrooms and showers for a hostel. I stayed in a private room with no windows which kept me away from the sounds of honking buses out front which is common during the day.

The location of the hostel puts you right near the major KL tourist attractions, making it incredibly convenient. I arrived very late at night, and the staff member manning reception was very welcoming and gave me helpful tips about where things were in the hostel and where I could find food late at night. The facilities are what you would expect from a basic hostel. I like that it is a quieter hostel. Wifi is only available in the common area, but otherwise works well.

Really enjoyable stay, great staff, location very central next to Central Market, and the trains a few minutes walk. Would always stay here if in KL, and would recommend to anyone.

It was an absolutly fantastic place to stay. The rooms and even the shared bathrooms were very tidy and clean. And the staff is just great and very friendly. They all give you good advices for your stay and everything and help where they can. Loved the stay very much!!!

• 30th May 2014

Great location in Chinatown nr central market and KL Sentral. Friendly staff nice layout with sofa/ TV chill out are in lobby so friendly and high spec of facilities. I will use again when in KL

Great location - walking distance to all the best parts of the city centre and the train. Great peaceful atmosphere - a quiet lounge to hang out or work in. Of my many visits to KL this remains in my top two of favorite hostels (The other one is in Bukit Bintang). The only downside is if you get a room on the third floor - it's quite a hike up the stairs. Though there's a nice hangout balcony and TV lounge up there. Still, it beats other hostels for cleanliness and comfort.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels