The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

There was nothing to fault really. We got a lovely room with a window, and that was lucky because I noticed a lot of the other rooms on our floor did not. Helpful staff, an area downstairs where everyone chills, although when we were there it was dead silent always? Not the hostel's fault. There's a nice upstairs area as well to have a cigarette. Just down from the markets and Chinatown!

I love the location... everything is in walking distance... In 3 min of walking there is lot great places with great food... Atmosphere is great and there is huge roof for make party.,.,.,

Good location and good facilities. I found the staff a bit indifferent and it had the atmosphere of a tourist factory. Could use some more friendliness but overall very comfortable.

Very clean. Close to the bus station. Rey accessible. Great value compared to other hostels out there. Friendly staff willing to store luggage. Access to coffee and toasts was greatly appreciated. I'd stay there again

• 26th Dec 2013

Excellent facilities and staff; no complaints.

Hostel was very good. A lot of useful information from the staff at our first day in Malaysia. Clean. Good facilities. Atmosphere could have been better, but I don't really know why. Some hostels have a magic something, this one just didnt. :) Maybe do something cool with the rooftop?? A bar, hammacks, music...donno.... there's a lot of potential! :) Greets!

Nice location, about 5 minutes from two LRT stations and close to the Chinatown sights. A good hostel all around, however, take note that just a few rooms have windows. Also, a word of appreciation to the staff that ended up placing me at a private room bed when, at the last minute, I needed to stay there solo for one night and all the dorm beds were already taken.

WiFi could be better and faster.

Friendly and attentive staff who are very helpful! Nice, clean facilities and very peaceful atmosphere - perfect for getting some rest after all the hustle and bustle of KL. The rooftop terrace is also a great place to chill out!

Very good place to stay :)

I really liked the hostel, it is so clean and comfortable. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm, which was clean and has a decent size. The toilets and kitchen were always clean and tidy. There is also a big common room to chill out with tv and computers with access to internet (apart from the free wifi). The rooftop is very nice as well, especially at night. The lady who works at night is lovely! I would definitely go back.

Liked this hostel so much that I stayed here the next couple of times I was in KL. Great location right next to China town. Atmosphere is very chilled out- this is definitely not a party hostel. The dorm rooms are a good size but no lockers and no window makes it quite dark unless you want to turn on the main light and wake everyone up! The bathrooms were clean and the rooftop terrace was nice. Great staff- really friendly and happy to help. Good breakfast and free coffee too.

Very good place. Lady on reception is excellent but younger guy could be more friendly but overall very good. Rooms are spacious and place is safe and well located.

I was suprised how big this hostel is! But for me it was a pleasant surprise. Very spacious reception/relax area, rooms seem very clean - I stayed in a 4 female dorm - , room is spacious enough, nice showers! Location is in a nice neighbourhood, you can explore the rest of Kuala Lumpur easily from here. Easy to get transport (within Kuala Lumpur or out..). I would stay here again.

Great hostel! Really enjoyed my stay here. Beds were comfy, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, very friendly staff- really good value for money too.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

This hostel is a great place for backpackers! It's in the city centre, 2mins away from the Central market. It has a great atmosphere to it, good facilities and friendly staff. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good and affordable hostel.

Great rooms eventhough no windows, but therefor AC! Very cheap places to have great food around. Very nice Roof top, where you can perfectly chill with a couple of beers. Quite. nice bathrooms. the rooms themselfes are basic but absolutely fine and clean (got carpet). friendly staff. little supermarket right at the other side of the road, central market 30 seconds away. Very good Hostel !!!

It will be better if each bed in the dorms are equipped with power socket and locker.

Well thought through hostel right near Chinatown. Pros: Clean, comfortable, lots of lounging space, nice staff, breakfast provided, good dorm beds. Cons: wifi only on ground floor (actually not that bad, because it brings people together in the common area)

We loved this place. Good AC in the rooms and common spaces. A nice lounge area for hanging out. The location is fantastic. Funky decor. I had an injury while I was there and the staff was amazing! They got me to and from the hospital and took excellent care of me. Thank you explorer staff!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels