The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

good location,close to chinatown,central market, many other places of interest and pasar seni station,where you can catch the KL bus wich leads to you many other places for free. Staff was nice,free breakfast and very clean. recomendable for shure.

Very pleased with our stay. The only thing was that there were no windows our the room.

Hostel is just two minutes from LRT away. Facilities are very clean. Lockers are outside of the room which is a bit annoying but there wouldn't be any place for them in the dorm. Lockers are beeing watched by cameras. Lounge area is really cozy and perfect to chill. Breakfast consists of toast, butter, peanut butter and various types of jam. Coffee and tea 24 hours. The old lady on the reception is quite friendly. However, lack of interest for the younger generation behind the desk!

nice cool place.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Singapore

The first night I arrived I was invited out for food with a few other guests. An employee of the hostel, Sonny, took us out to Chinatown and we enjoyed a dinner at the night market. We had a great time out and all the staff were friendly and helpful here.

• 29th Sep 2014

Thanks for the compliment hot beverage 24/7, and answer to my queries promptly.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel was amaizing. The lady at the reception always helpfull, giving you advice and telleing you what are the main points to visit. Wifi very fast, rooms really clean and really good place for a good sleep. Totally recomended!!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Good, social lounge at the reception with tv, computers, tables, couches, wifi.

No doubt it is ranked TOP Rated Hostel in KL. I have been to other hostels in KL but Explorers gives more comfort, extra clean environment, large common room and breakfast with a lot of assorted jams and Peanut Butter ;) . Staff is very caring that makes sure that you are comfy throughout the stay. Recommended to all!

Great location, clean and attentive staff. Comfy common area with fast internet. All rooms with a/c. As I was sick, I ended up staying several nights and felt well cared for. Many guests returned here after visiting Malaysia and before leaving the country.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice and clean Hostel with helpful staff. Would stay there again at any Times :-)

Great hostel. Staff were great and helpful. Clean hot showers and met lots of travellers. I recommend this hostel

Very kind people at reception and a comfortable place to stay. Clean rooms and bathrooms.

My stay was so comfortable and at ease because of the environment in the hostel. It is secure with excellent location near Chinatown. Nothing negative to me throughout my stay. Recommended!

I hâve already recommended for traveller's That i met

• 8th Sep 2014

Located on what seems to be the backpacker strip in KL, it's a good place to meet fellow travellers. I have stayed in a few places in KL and this is my favourite. There is a very interesting Chinese temple directly opposite.

Very good. Good staff, good location.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Only one "bad" thing: no wi-fi in the room so we had to be downstairs but see it as an opportunity to meet people.

Great: free coffee , wifi, kitchen, cleanliness, bathroom deco, helpful and friendly staff . Windowless room a small downer but definately bearable

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Bolivia

The Hostel seems to be One of the Most famous ones in KL. On my Journey from singapore to bangkok i met a Lot of Otter backpackers who have eben there. I can really reconmend that Hostel. I have been there for 2 Nights in a 4 bed female dorm. You get a small locker for free. The guesthouse is located in China town. From there you can walk to the Main sight seeing areas. Actually i managed to see Most of them at One Day:)

• 3rd Sep 2014