The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great place, nice staff, clean bathrooms, good location.

all in all really nice hostel! second time that i"ve stayed here, and i"ll be back next time when im in KL. The staff is really friendly! I arrived at a kind of akward time after a long travel, but they were really helpful in getting me a bed as soon as possible, although the hostel was completely booked. Furthermore, it really is in the center of KL, so everything is sort of walking distance, but even better is the free bus that leaves from just around the corner. Good wifi and clean showers.

The staff is lovely, however, since the rooms have carpets and no windows, and I have asthma, I didn't have the easiest time sleeping, I then moved to a room with window and the noise from the street was insane - not their fault obviously. Overall it's a lovely place unless you're allergic.

Clean Hostel, well located and friendly stuff. The lounge/common area is very nice. Only downside: the dorms smell terrible

If I could give this staff a raise, I would. They were spectacular. The place is clean, staff is helpful and friendly.

• 20th Dec 2015

Great hostel, in a great location and the staff were very friendly! The dorms were neat and the rooftop garden was nice for a middle of the night beer when still on other timezones!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Wales

I was staying in this hostel for 3 nights and felt really pleased as the hostel is very convenient. The staffs were very welcoming, the location is very strategic, very close to chinatown and just few steps away to LRT station, you can find so many restaurants around. Really recommended. The downside is only no elevator so you have to bring your luggages upstair, but it's very ok. Thank you for the the excellence service.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Staff were fantastic and very helpful with booking flights/airport taxi/ where to go. The walls are very thin however so earplugs are a must.

Very nice staying there.. ESP location, it is ver convenience to go around, near to Central Market. Staffs were very helpful , I actually booked for 4beds but they upgraded me to private room since they couldn't accommodate me and my friend to stay together.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

I have stayed in numerous hostels but this is a cut above the rest. It's very very clean and modern. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous and give exceptional customer service. Location is fine near the famous central market and the petaling street market. Thank you all see you soon.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • DrBing

Good hostel, however there is no internet in the rooms

Well located close to transport links and a good communal area. Wasn't anywhere to put a big bag which wasn't a major problem. Only has wifi In the lobby area

Really nice hostel right around the corner from china town. Breakfast is free which is always good. Even though there were loads of people in the common area downstairs he atmosphere wasn't great. I would stay here again, well worth £5 a night.

Breakfast poor Staff very helpfull and very friendly. Also when mailing with questions. Private room without bathroom was rather expensive. Dorm is excellent price-quality.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Lmeyns
  • Belgium

Perfect hostel to start my Malaysia trip. Staff are lovely and very helpful. I'd stay here again for sure.

Great stay, I kept postponing my departure! :) Very comfortable bed in 4 bed dorm, very good atmosphere. Nice space at the rooftop, just didn't have enough time to use it ;) Toilets could be cleaner.

• 4th Dec 2015

The stuff was always very friendly and helpful. They have a 24h service! They have a lot of information about things you can do in Malaysia and you are always welcome to ask them :D For me it was perfect that they have two computer, because I dont have anything with WiFi. They have a book exchange with books form all over the world in lots of different languages There is always tee, coffee and hot water available. I stood there in total 5 or 6 days at three different dates so I liked it.

• 3rd Dec 2015

They manage to help me kept my camera when i forgot to bring them while after check out leaving the hostel. Bravo. to their staff.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Very nice hostel, great location near Chinatown so awesome food and a nice place to walk around. Very friendly staff and basic breakfast included.

Very friendly, relaxed and helpful staff. Rooftop terrace is great. Powerpoints near beds would be appreciated. Thanks for the great free coffee and letting me have a late breakfast!!

• 1st Dec 2015