The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The best hostel i have ever stayed: good location, the place is clean, people there are friendly and very helpful. Thank you!!!

• Poland

The staff was absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant!

• 1st Jan 2015

This is a great hostel in a great location. The staff are very friendly and I would stay here again for sure.

It was a great stay here, i absolutely loved it!

• South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay at the explorers. The rooms were clean. The staff was amazing. One of the older ladies at the front desk was really kind and made me feel right at home. The staff members were always willing to assist.the hostel had a great vibe and I met some amazing people. I would definitely recommend this place. The only downside was that the wifi was only available on the first floor.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Its a really quite place, great to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Better if I could use wifi in my room. Except that, my stay was great.

Amazingly friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, convinient location in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. I'd like to thank all the people that work in the hostel for their extreme patience (they were woken by us several times in the middle of the night as we had to check in or out at very inconvienient times), still they rememained friendly and helpful :)

Good place to stay for 1 night or so, facilities are clean and comfortable. In the heart if China town so close to stations etc. It's not really great if you want to meet new people as the atmosphere is more of a transit hotel nature. I would consider staying again as it was decent value.

Good place if you want to be in the city center. The whole area is a bit depressed though.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Nice to stay here,

was a great stay

• 16th Dec 2014

I had only a brief stay here, but it was a nice one. Everything was great, my only complaint would be that there isn't a ton of space in the dorm rooms to put your stuff.

Ok place to stay. The location is a bit dodgy, be careful especcially at night. The dorms have no windows.

Very convenient location when arriving from the bus station. Not all surroundings should be tackled alone by women at nigh. Fancier than the usual hostel. Staff was amazing. Welcoming and helpful. And... peanut butter! Strongly recommend.

• 13th Dec 2014

This hostel is very clean and comfortable with helpful and friendly staff, especially Ivy who helped me several times to direct me around the city and plan my adventure beyond KL. After visiting other travelers at their hostels in the area, I'm glad I picked Explorers because of its location, staff, great facilities, and quiet and relaxed atmosphere.

• 12th Dec 2014

only slight complaint was the room had no window.

Room with no window? darkness? If you're a vampire, fine, but i like to have a window, have some light coming in. Hated the unisex bathroom. who wants to see some hairy chest and more in the morning. too much information. the atmosphere, clinical, nobody talked to oneanother. everybody just busy with their mobile devices. Sheesh, talking to real people, now way. Small kitchen area next to the toilet. Yummy.

This hostel has a good position of the city, locating between some sightseeing places, quite near one metro station. But it is a little chaotic in the midnight, so need to be careful once heading out late. The staff and atmosphere in the hostel is warm, feeling so relaxed here. Btw, Wifi only works in the hall, but it may be the good reason to gather people together. I definitely visit it again when I am back to KL.

Awesome hostel.