The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I always enjoy my stay at Explorers Guesthouse. It is clean, safe, friendly, well located, nice people, good service, and it has Wifi, so I can do some work.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

Really enjoyed our stay! Right next to china town and the central market. Also very close to a train stop so easy to get to the rest of KL. The rooms were lovely and bathrooms very clean. Also loved the free tea, coffee and toast. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. If I go back to KL I would stay here again!!!

I had a great time here. The Staff was super friendly. Way nicer than I expected for its value. great place to chill out and hop on the train to go to different destinations.

Hostel was fine. We were only here for a 7 hour stopover so didn't get to experience too much. Good bed, air-con and shower, that was about all we used. Looked like a nice chilled out common room too.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

pretty good, only thing is no windows in the rooms and no wifi

Nice hostel. The location seemed to be very close to everything we wanted to do in Kuala Lumpur, which was convenient. I would stay here again.

I have done more than my shares of hostels and this one ranks in the very top. Location is very good, staff is extremely kind and helpful, it is very clean even for my wife who is sensitive about this, the atmosphere is very nice with lots of common area, breakfast is good, organization of the hostel is very good, beds are very good to sleep on,.. It just an overall amazing hostel. HIGHLY recommended.

This is a great place to stay! The location is within walking distance of the trains, little india , Chinatown, and a few malls, and it had a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. All the staff was great, especially the day time manager (I'm sorry we didn't catch his name). I would highly recommend staying here!

Great facilities and nice staff. A heads up - the rainforest tour they recommend is quite expensive and not very good. You're much better off just getting to Taman Nagara yourself and arranging there.

• 10th Apr 2014

Please sell printing services.

• 10th Apr 2014

Nice hostel with very friendly staff. Located close to China Town, LRT and free busses. They have free breakfast, but I rather go outside for a better meal (you can only have so much toast with jam before you want something else). Big dorm rooms, however there is no windows in the rooms, so if you are used to wake up to daylight, it might be difficult for you. A good place to stay :)

Clean,safe,and close to chinatown which you can buy and eat at reasonable price. One thing I needed was plugs at the bathroom. I couldn't use hair dryer.

Amazing staff. Very friendly and informative. Gave lots of maps and information and answered every question I had with thoughtful additions and took into account my interests. Clean and a good environment to meet people. Nice morning breakfast and coffee/tea available all the time. Though there is no wifi in the rooms, it ended up being a perfect excuse to cozy up with tea downstairs and watch tv with new friends. Wifi is excellent on ground floor.

We had a very good experience. Our room didn't have any windows but that's ok for 2 nights. Location is perfect. Facilities are extremely clean. It's a good place to stay in KL

everything okey and good. no comment...

Great stay, great staff, just a room without window wasn't good.

Very accommodating staffs and clean place

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you so much for helping me out with minor things that were above and beyond what you really need to do. I originally booked for 4 nights and went down to 1 as I changed my plans to go to Singapore. But you allowed me to use a locker for the full 4 nights and also use your showers when I got back...as I had to catch my long flight to Europe that night. You guys rock...really appreciate it!! If I'm back in KL, I will be back! :)

So great an fantastic. Hello everybody I want tell u something about this hostel. Honestly speaking i'm very very happy stying at this hostel because alls the staff here very friendly and always help the people. the dorm and the toilet always clean and tip top. I want recommend every people when come to kuala lumpur, Malaysia ,pls come and stay this hostel (Explorer GuestHouse Hostel). you alls can make a coffee and tea 24 hour... so fantastic... Visit malaysia 2014 and enjoy your holiday !!!

Good location 5mins walk to tube station one stop from KL sentral. Separate toilets and showers. Always clean. Good water pressure and hot water. Toast and hot drinks for breakfast. Had private twin, spotless. Comfy beds. Nice staff. Didn't speak to any other guests but only stayed one night. Good value would recommend.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels