The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2038 Total Reviews

Great place!

I really liked this hostel. It's located just across from Chinatown, close to the train stop as well. Reception was very friendly. Upon check in I was given a map and heaps of things to do w directions to all of them. Staff is very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. I was able to leave my luggage the following day while waiting for my flight as well. Overall great stay and would recommend it.

The best hostel ever : )) everything good , nice staff , beatiful view at roof top , tea and coffe 24 hour , unlimited toast and jam. I love this place so much

Stay here for many times, friendly staff and good location. Will come again!!

Explorers is fast becoming my favourite place to stay in kl. Have been there twice now, for 5 nights cumulatively. The staff are humorous and welcoming, and they help you out wherever they can. The free breakfast is just toast and pb/jam/butter, but is still appreciated for those on a budget. The 4 and 10 bed dorms that I stayed in are clean (no windows, but the darkness just helps you sleep more deeply) and have AC. The decor at explorers is arty and fun, and the vibe is social.

I am a solo traveller and stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The hostel itself feels very safe but I wasn't keen on the area, not wanting be out alone much after 10pm. I also found that this was probably the most anti-social hostel, with everyone wanting to do their own thing and mind their own - however, this reflects the time of the stay more than the hostel, they could however promote group events. Overall I had an enjoyable stay!

Had a twin room but with a window even though there are rooms without a window. Mosquitos were horrible in the room because of this and downstairs near the water feature too. The rooftop is really cool to chill on, showers were good, shower gel and shampoo provided. Needs to get wifi in the rooms or at least on the landings of each floor. Staff were friendly and would recommend it to others as I've stayed before in the dorms and they are decent but probably wouldn't recommend a private room.

Great location, wi-fi wasn't in the rooms not all windows, bit would recommend to a friend for location and cleanliness.

Really friendly staff upon arrival. This hostel was recommended to us by a friend and I can certainly understand why.

Everything you would want in a hostel.

Stayed in the hostel for 4 nights. No complains about the Hostel at all. Clean, nice dorms, nice common area to meet people, nice staff, close to Central market and China town. Close to the Metro. Definitly recommended, going to stay there again when I go back to KL.

Location, Cleen , Safety, Wifi everything is nice. it was awesome hostel. thks

• 1st Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Loved the design of the place, the rooms and bathrooms are really clean and the location is excelent! just one station away from KL Sentral :)

Beds and showers were nice. No wifi in rooms, but computers for use in lobby. Nice common area and pub crawl.

Great hostel- the best I've stayed in anyplace in KL! The location is great, and the hostel is really nice. Not the most social vibes- usually it's pretty quiet, but it's a really great base to explore KL.

Very nice place.

Great location. Thoroughly enjoyed talking to the staff. Thought it was s litte expensive but I am not sure what to compare its prices to.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Malta

Clean and good located. No wifi in the dorms, only at the lobby.. all in all a good hostel.

I only stayed here one night (a quick stop into KL) but the staff was really helpful. When I said I was only staying a few nights, the ladies at the front desk gave me a lot of helpful ideas for how to get the most out of my day. The facilities were excellent and clean and it was nice to have the common area downstairs. I met lots of people! This is a good choice!

I had very nice staying: the hostel is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels