The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very well located with clean, functioning facilities and excellent wifi in the lobby. Room was simple and value for money but air conditioning was quite weak.

The atmosphere is great, not longer after I arrived I was already spread on the couch with my feet up. The staff was super friendly. As I left in the middle of the night to the airport, they told me to take a rest at their couch and use their bathroom and shower anytime I wanted (instead of paying for a room one more night). Naing the receptionist (I think that's his name) even gave me a clean towel when I took a shower at 2 am before leaving. He and Ivy were great.

• 11th Mar 2014

This place was a but over my normal budget when travelling in asia but I got it recommended to me and it was so worth it to pay a bit more. The staff were among the most serviceminded that ive met during 6 months of travel through se asia.

clean, and well located. however, it was noise during night while others were trying to open or close the door. it made others hard to get sleep. overall, it was a good stay.

My first hostel since travelling! since realised that this is one of the best. great atmosphere and Wifi. free tea and coffee all day. great location, - i recommend a late night drink and boogey in the Reggae bar on the same road. very helpful staff and good sized clean rooms.

Not a bad hostel. Located in a good area near central market, china town and a train station to take you all over KL. The staff were nice and fairly helpful. The dorm room was nice and clean and the bathrooms were great and clean. Wifi only in the lobby which really sucked because the hostel is many flights of stairs high. The common area was not good. Didn't give off the best atmosphere to meet people. Overall good hostel for the price though.

The receptionst morning shiff ( Filipines girl) not friendly people. Last time i got problem about my bed... somebody people taken my bed (sharing room 10 bed) so I just asking to receptionist why my bed have something people sleep and the receptionist so angry to me and ask your not understand I working here so long hour and i'm very tired. I don't why the receptionist so angry to me because I just asking only " why my bed is ready taken. So next time please respect guest and customer !!!

the bathroom has no dedicated bin.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

We enjoyed our stay, room was a good size, comfortable bed and shared bathrooms were always clean. Only improvement would be WiFi in the rooms, common area was packed and sometimes there was not enough seating for everyone. Would definitely stay again.

The Guesthouse is very comfortable and clean. We had a nice stay. It was hard to get wifi in our room but there were good PCs in the lobby. Only thing we didn't like: Our room didn't have a window.

• 17th Feb 2014

Best hostel so far in K.L.

everything is good for backpackers,very close to CHINA town and skyline

• 13th Feb 2014
  • China

Located in the midst of Chinatown, close to RapidKL LRT and KL Sentral. Very secure at all hours of the day and night, with friendly staff. Great design and clean interior and sheets ... only gripe is that the dorms are up three flights of stairs, but us travelers need a workout every now and again to keep our good looks in check :)

Nice roof top garden! Breakfast average, drinkable coffee all day :) Easy to get to most places worth to visit in KL. The staff was not the friendliest ...but who cares cause met some cool people in the hostel!

the staff are not so friendly.

• 31st Jan 2014