The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have stayed in a few hostels in KL but I like the atmosphere here. Clean well located hostel. Staff are friendly and the bathrooms and dorms are clean and tidy (also depends on the travellers lol). Good common area and nice light breakfast with lots of variety of jams and the well loved peanut butter. Good wi-fi

Really helpful staff, great being able to make as much toast as you like for breakfast and tea and coffee any time. Have to press buzzer to get in so security is very good, very clean and nice place. Not the cheapest but it is in KL. Location not bad but the road it's on itsnt very nice but can walk to the free buses so cheap to get around. Not the best place for meeting people though. Reggae reggae down the road is much more lively hostel.

A very nice hostel, rooms are clean, good AC, quiet, good location. Not a great deal on tours and advise, very cheesy smell up the stairs !!, could do with better facilities ie kitchen more showers. But overall a good hostel

• 30th Aug 2014

A decent hostel for KL. It's clean and has a nice common room/dining area for researching trips and meeting people. Breakfast of toast, jam, margarine, and peanut butter. The showers were a little annoying with accordion doors that aren't easy to secure. Staff is friendly, especially if you book a trip with them.

Very pleasant hostel! Some rooms are withput windows but there is a nice launch. Sometimes you have to wait for shower.

• 27th Aug 2014

Excellent guesthouse, with plenty of nice people to meet and a perfect staff. Located just next to Chinatown, this guesthouse permits us to be in the center of KL downtown. A very warm atmosphere inside, a lot of facilities (tea or coffee everywhen during the day, Wi-Fi, books, TV) and very well cleaned place ! I absolutely recommend it if you want a great guesthouse just next to KL downtown.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great place, my second time staying there.

Very good location. Very clean facilities. Staffs are very accomodating.

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and restrooms. They even allowed us to take a shower even after we checked out hours before. I love this place!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Location great near the markets. Well thought out facilities with the back packer in mind. Breakfast making area and communal areas with access to wifi. I was in a 3 bed room. Bedding all really clean and beds comfortable. Would have been good to have some storage in the rooms. Bathrooms all really clean. Consistent hot showers. Lady on reception extremely helpful and helped arrange our taxi to the airport.

Nice hostel with good bathrooms. Complimentary breakfast was appreciated. Decent place for meeting other travelers.

Fantastic location in Chinatown. Great facilities. Friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again!

We stayed for two nights, good located, clean, helpful staff, nice rooftop terrace! Recommendable!

• 15th Aug 2014

I love this hostel! the best!

Wow, I wish that I was actually spending time in KL as this is the best value in town. I had a layover and needed to get shower. The owners were very friendly (offering to let me shower for free, but I insisted on paying). The room looked very clean. The bathroom was immaculate and there was hot water!!! I have stayed at Sunshine Bedz and Regge Mansion but will stay at Explorers in future! Thank you very much guys, I look forward to visiting you soon :)

This hostel is really nice and the staff is very helpful and kind. It's situated close to the central market und chinatown and has a nice rooftop where you can enjoy the night with other guests. I felt very comfortable here.

Nice hostel with a lovely lobby chill-zone. Beds are comfy and the showers are amazing. However, the blankets are scratchy and small and the policy of 'pick any bed" caused unnecessary drama in our room.

It was cool, Sunny de guy with the long hair was very kind and cool. It is a clean place and has good location and facilities... The staff is really helpfull, I enjoyed my stay here. :)

Great place to stay in KL. Extremely helpful host!

staff is exceptionally helpful!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels