The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2099 Total Reviews

Great hostel. Good location near Chinatown, Little India as well as the LRT / train station. Staff was very friendly, even when I arrived in the middle of the night. Rooms are clean, no windows though.

The hostel is located in a convenient area in KL, the train and some shops are located close by. The staff is lovely and very helpful in giving some advice as well as informing you about current events and safety issues. Bathroom and showers are clean.

Friendly welcome staff when you first walk in.

This was a lovely hostek very close to a station so easy to get around. The hostek has a nice common area to sit and meet other travellers. He bathrooms are very clean and the showers are great! There was a free breakfast of unlimited toast which is fabulous for travellers but there is nowhere to cook your own food, although this isn't really necessary as the street food is quite cheap. I had a great time at this hostek and would definitely stay again!

It is a great place to stay.

Great location clean and generally good facilities. The lady that runs the hostel is always nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

Good location and very helpful staff. Rooms and shared bathroom was clean. Would be good if there was wifi throughout the building and not just on the ground floor. Breakfast is just toast, but was fine to get us started for the day. Unlimited tea and coffee is always a bonus.

Great service, very friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

All is good, except the fact that it is quite noisy in the morning from the buses outside the building.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Location is very good, 3min walk to LRT station "pasar seni" and Chinatown. There are many backpackers who will get in touch in the awesome lounge facilities on ground floor. Shower + Bathrooms seem to be renovated and are pretty clean. If I ever come back to KL, I will definitely stay there again!

I really can recommend this hostel for everyone, nothing to complain about!

great place to stay in KL.

Great place!

I really liked this hostel. It's located just across from Chinatown, close to the train stop as well. Reception was very friendly. Upon check in I was given a map and heaps of things to do w directions to all of them. Staff is very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. I was able to leave my luggage the following day while waiting for my flight as well. Overall great stay and would recommend it.

The best hostel ever : )) everything good , nice staff , beatiful view at roof top , tea and coffe 24 hour , unlimited toast and jam. I love this place so much

Stay here for many times, friendly staff and good location. Will come again!!

Explorers is fast becoming my favourite place to stay in kl. Have been there twice now, for 5 nights cumulatively. The staff are humorous and welcoming, and they help you out wherever they can. The free breakfast is just toast and pb/jam/butter, but is still appreciated for those on a budget. The 4 and 10 bed dorms that I stayed in are clean (no windows, but the darkness just helps you sleep more deeply) and have AC. The decor at explorers is arty and fun, and the vibe is social.

I am a solo traveller and stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The hostel itself feels very safe but I wasn't keen on the area, not wanting be out alone much after 10pm. I also found that this was probably the most anti-social hostel, with everyone wanting to do their own thing and mind their own - however, this reflects the time of the stay more than the hostel, they could however promote group events. Overall I had an enjoyable stay!

Had a twin room but with a window even though there are rooms without a window. Mosquitos were horrible in the room because of this and downstairs near the water feature too. The rooftop is really cool to chill on, showers were good, shower gel and shampoo provided. Needs to get wifi in the rooms or at least on the landings of each floor. Staff were friendly and would recommend it to others as I've stayed before in the dorms and they are decent but probably wouldn't recommend a private room.

Great location, wi-fi wasn't in the rooms not all windows, bit would recommend to a friend for location and cleanliness.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels