The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I found this hostel difficult to find on foot, didn't help i had just got off a long flight but its kind of on a side street. Otherwise location was handy near the train station. Common area was good but as its the only place you get wifi everyone was just glued to their phones!

Really nice and clean hostel for a nice price. No wifi in the rooms which was the only downside of it.

Loved it, felt very safe, place was very clean. Staff was helpful as well

• 5th Nov 2015

超超超级棒的位置,离主要景点不过几分钟,闹中取静,性价比极高。员工nice,信息准确,免费提供糖果,早餐和饮品。招牌不显眼,停有公交车的位置容易找到。

• 5th Nov 2015
  • China

After living on toast with butter for breakfast for few months, I was never more happy to see peanut butter in the morning!! :) Stuff is very friendly, they know everything you ask. Very clean. Good wifi! Free coffee & tea all day. Bunch of table games to play if you are bored. My only suggestion for dorms would be bed side lamps, as it is no window and very dark so you won't need to turn on the light or search for your stuff with your mobile phone at night.

For the price, I couldn't really ask for much more. Basic but clean. Only communal area was the lobby which had a lack of (especially comfortable) seating at busy times. But well situated for easy access to the main sights of KL.

Very nice hostel with great helpful staff.Good vibes, refreshing to sit in the air conditioned hall listening to a little fountain. Keep up the great work 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Great hostel! Staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms and bathroom are clean; very good value for money. Location is perfect with Chinatown and metro just around the corner. I am planning on returning when back in KL.

Staff were incredibly friendly and obliging in allowing us to check in before paying (we needed to go and get money out), booking us a cab, and recommending places to go and get food. Room was a bit tired but clean and with a good air conditioner. A lovely relaxed place to stay in the hustle of KL. I'd highly recommend staying here!

I booked this place because of its proximity to Soong Kee Beef Ball Noodle and the high ratings in cleanliness. I was extremely happy with my stay here. Everything is very clean and the people here are very friendly. The rooms don't have windows but lockers and comfortable clean beds. Wifi is only in the nice lobby which is also great for hanging out with TV, 2 computers, games and so on. There is a second TV with a couch upstairs. Breakfast is PB&J Toast. P.S.: Do try the Beef Noodles!

• 29th Oct 2015

Staff were really friendly, rooms and showers were clean and there was a very chilled atmosphere at the hostel. Only thing I didn't like was that there was no windows in the room I was in, but that's just a personal thing!

A few more hooks or racks in the room for hanging clothes would be a nice additional.

• 23rd Oct 2015

I've stayed here on 3 seperate occasions and each time my stay is more pleasent than the last. Great, helpful staff. Very clean. Lovely bathrooms. Ideal location comfortable beds good prices.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Wales

Good idea to have cutlery etc. and bowls/plate in own box and good cooking facilities, nice relaxed vibe, comfortable bed, just a little shabby and outdated but I think most hostels are like this to be honest.

• 20th Oct 2015

Best hostel we stayed at in Malaysia. Nice staff and great rooms. A lot of stairs to the third floor, you got pretty hot running up and down but that was really the only thing that wasn't 100 percent perfect. I would recommend everyone visiting KL to stay at explorers.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

No comments to add, I had a very good time there.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Perfect location, cleanliness and helpful staff are definitely advantages. Also easy to meet others travellers due to common space :)

Great place to stay in KL! When I've been in KL I always stay here, great staff, facilities & close to amazing food options!

Hostel is great except for the rude and unhelpful guy at reception

I had a lovely time staying here. Price was fair, linens and towel were provided. Staff was helpful, and the Internet in the lobby thing meant I met people I wouldn't have otherwise. The private double room had a nice window, and I was thankful for the air conditioning in the room. Hallways were quiet and breakfast (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) were much appreciated. Would recommend, would come back.

• 13th Oct 2015