The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

So upon arrival I had a reservation for 3 nights. I ended up staying for 5, and had the pleasure of experiencing the 2, 6, and 10 bed dorms. When I arrived it was very late, verging on early morning, and they were more than accommodating when myself and someone I befriended on the bus Arrived. She didn't have a reservation, and were able to accommodate her as well. The facilities are clean, also laundry and food were in close proximity. So it's a win.

Everything was amazing. The staff were friendly, there were a good mix of people staying and the location was great. The only thing that let it down was the lack of laundry facilities which would have been incredibly useful!

Good place.. Good price.. But lack of bathroom..

Awsome place! Crean and tidy, the staff is very nice and helpful at every time. Thanks so much!!!

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Staff was extremely friendly and everything was very clean, very good value for money!

• 3rd Oct 2015

Nice place to stay, close to central market, chinatown and mrt station. Friendly and helpul staff. Double room had no windows.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Great spot. We did enjoy our stay, it was smooth. Internet was really fast (they don't have it in the room).

Lovely guest house! Exactly what we wanted. Quiet, no partying, nice clean spacious room, nice bathrooms, free toast and coffee. The lady working the front desk is so nice, and very helpful. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 2nd Oct 2015

Clean inexpensive place to stay right in the heart of KL to do some exploring. A short walk to the metro.

Staff were great, were helpful and always seemed to be smiling. Met some very interesting people from around the world. Location was great, was a short walk to the LRT, even closer for Chinatown, and about 15-20 minute walk to a lot of great areas and attractions. Would and will definitely go back and stay at the Explorers Guesthouse and hostel again.

Lovely hostel in a great location. Very easy to meet new people as Wifi is only available in the lobby so that's where everyone hangs out. There was no window in the 10 bed dorm but this wasn't really an issue for me. Bathrooms were always clean and I never had to queue for a shower.

Nice hostel in Chinatown (definitely check Lai Foon Kopitiam at the corener next to the hostel!). The facilities are clean, the staff is nice and the LRT is around the corner.

it wasn't the best hostel ice been too. moat people seemed to be there to just kill some time and it had no atmosphere. people were just on their phones. definitely not a place for a solo traveler

Great hostel. Clean, comfy, friendly, and in a great location. I had some troubles in KL and the staff of this hostel went out of their way to help me. Very much appreciated :)

Very easy location via public transport. Great common room with free Wifi, computers, TV. Very easy to meet fellow travellers in the common room, or the balcony upstairs. Showers and toilets were well equipped and clean throughout my stay. No window in the dorm, so it was dark all the time. Guys at the reception were very helpful. Breakfast is simple but worth it.

Very good hostel, great beds in dorms, and good toilets! Although wifi was only available in the ground floor, it was fast. Breakfast with unlimited breads (and a delicious peanut butter). Plus, I left my suitcase in the storage for a week, for free, and I could get it back around 7am. :)

The best place to go if you wanna get around KL quick. Super nice staff especially the Chinese lady and her son, very friendly and accommodating. Too bad there's no internet at the rooftop. Overall, I'd recommend and definitely go back to this hostel.

Hi, I'm Renzo (italian) and I'm 32. I had a good time but I only spent one day an a half there: maybe too less to say "it's the best you can get". I took a ten-people-shared room and I had no problems. Willing and helpful staff. I mainly met there under 30 but I think I can suggest it to people of any age. Wi-fi only available in the reception; they do this with the intent of let people meet each other: strange, but it works. Don't forget to enjoy the terrace on the fourth floor! Recommended.

• 23rd Sep 2015

With many choices in the area, this is one of the cleaner and more pleasant. The price is not the lowest, but you do get what you pay for. They recently added lockers in the two dorms I have occupied, so disregard the previous review. Excellent location with access to public transportation should you want it, or walking distance to most of the main attractions.

• 22nd Sep 2015

directions from station to hostel aren't great - study a map before hand. Room was spacious common facilities should be cleaned more frequently.

• 22nd Sep 2015