The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2096 Total Reviews

Our flight got cancelled and when i emailed the hostel they emailed me that it was not a problem to change the booking. When we arrived in the morning she offered us towels to take a shower since our room was not yet available. Also we could have breakfast which was really nice after a long flight. Rooms are clean,with aircon,nice showers,good wifi and computers in commonroom,long breakfast and a friendly helpfull lady! Had a good stay!

STAFF VERY PROFESSIONAL, HELPFUL,VERY KIND, BREAKFAST COULD BE BETTER,IT'S VERY BASIC IF I COMPARE WITH OTHER GUESTHOUSES, TOILET- DOORS MUST BE CHANGED, THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO OPEN OR CLOSED AND,IN MY OPINION, UNSAFE FOR THE PERSONS

All good! Location is good. No window in dorm- not bothered but some one picky would be.

We had a great private room with air conditioning that worked wonders. Everything was clean. The location is right next to china town and they have a buzzer to control entry. Internet only works on the first floor though which meant most people in the common area were just taking care of computer business. Would recommend.

Nice place, nice atmosphere, staff was okay, it jus that they dont have elevator, if u stayed at 3rd floor, it was a challenge with all the bags

I liked a lot this hostel. Well located just 2 blocks away of a metro station and beside chinatown. I have red some conplains about the hostel only having wifi on the ground floor. I guess they do that so people dont stay up all night downloading torrents or watching youtube draining the broadband speed. If thats the reason it worked perfectly, the internet on the ground floor is superfast. My only complain would be that breakfast is just a little too poor,but I guess if you are not fuzzy its ok

Very pleasant stay, awesone staff.

The friendly lady at the reception helped me to catch my bus to the airport at like 3am after I almost overslept. They have got really nice showers and all day tea and coffee facilities.

I like here and will be back again.

Spotless clean. Hot showers. Should have wi-fi in the rooms and not only at reception / living room

great staff. super friendly and helpful. the double room was really nice and comfy for traveling couples.

Lovely little hostel tucked away from the main road. Excellent location - close to LRT or the free buses that go around the city. Super friendly and helpful staff. Free tea/coffee 24/7 and toast in the morning should you need. Extremely safe and secure with buzzer intercom to enter. Only fault was only 1 plug socket in our twin room, but lots of plugs available downstairs to use.

• 14th Apr 2015

A funky place to stay. I arrived at 4:00am without a reservation and they checked me in asap. A very accommodating team of staff, very helpful. If I return to KL I will be sure to revisit this place. :)

Very clean and comfortable , but not that sociable .

The staff were very helpful giving me tips to explore the city and we're welcoming upon my arrival. Great location near China town, and close to the metro station and train. The hostel is very homey and the beds are comfortable. Highly recommend.

Well located, right in the center of China Town, good bus & metro connections close by. Good value for money.

Great hostel and great staff. I feel like a goon for not getting anyone's name.

Was a nice hostel, just not only in the best position but I had a nice room. The bathrooms rooms etc clean. Good breakfast and nice people, just the personal didn't speak a good English, but nice people there. security relay good.

Location: Good, Chinatown Cleanliness: very clean, nice towels and bed linen. Showers and toilets: modern design, clean, no squatting toilet, always enough toilet paper. WiFi: only in the lobby, 2 computers for common use Staff: Chinese woman speaks good English, very friendly and helpful, great host. Night watch was mostly on his phone and not really friendly/helpful. We were allowed to use the shower with towels after checkout (very nice if you have a late flight). Thanks!

Great location, just beside Chinatown, air conditioner in the bedroom, nice staff. I will comeback for sure!!!

• 29th Mar 2015