The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

No 128 & 130 Jalan Tun H.S Lee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2031 Total Reviews

Really close to the metro station and to the attractions (chinatown, central market, indipendence monumemt...) Personal was very kind and friendly. I shared a room with 3 girls and they were very nice. 2 bathrooms and 2 showers... Clean and seemed to be enough for all (no queue at all... At least for me)

• 26th Feb 2015

Nice, clean, centrally located hostel. Only complaint is no Wifi in the rooms, which turned the common room into a sea of screens.

Good location, nice atmosphere, fairly clean. Some of the staff are nice, some are very not.

Good guesthouse, well located

Check-in was easy and very professional. We had great roommates and really enjoyed our stay. It was a very safe feeling with 24 hour desk service. The only thing I would maybe have a comment about would be the no wifi in rooms. Downstairs had VERY high speed internet though.

• 18th Feb 2015

second time here. Like the staff. I would suggest that they give people slippers for hygienic purposes. I love the people there.

• 18th Feb 2015

We stayed at the Explorers twice whilst in Malaysia. The staff were all friendly and helpful, right from our first communication, when I confirmed our reservation the night before our first stay. It really is in a perfect location. Directly oppoisite Cinatown and a few minutes' walk from bus and train services. We took a nice stroll to the National Mosque one morning and walked from Little India back to the hostel (50 minutes, not 5 as the map lies!) Breakfast is coffee/tea and toast :)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Really good hostel one of the best I have ever been to

Loved our stay here - brilliant location, nice common area, awesome rooftop, helpful staff. Only little minus is complete lack of any smaller lights in dorms, meaning a lot of packing/sorting/unpacking in complete darkness. But all in all, would definitely recommend. :)

Amazing time at this hostel. Reception is great. Staff is knowledgeable. The facilities are really comfortable. Being right around china town, it's only a walk away from most major attractions or the bus to them.

The location was really great! It took a minute to find it, but once we were oriented we found it to be ideally located. The atmosphere of the lobby and hostel was really nice. The WiFi connection wasn't the greatest from the rooms, but it made us go to the lobby and mingle (which I consider a plus). The bathroom decoration was kinda cool. And the bedrooms ( we had a private double bed) was simple, comfy, and air-conditioned. Also, the lamp was really, really cool. The staff was friendly.

I definitely recommend this hostel. Very nice location, in the heart of Chinatown and a very short walk from India town and several MRT stations. Lots of cheap restaurants around. The double room had no window but was very clean, as was the shared bathroom. We had a very nice stay!

The only way this place could be better is if they had a restaurant/bar. (Why not open one on the rooftop?) It's a great location and the staff is super helpful... they can help you book tours, nightly pub crawls, etc. They have computers in the lobby, free breakfast, free umbrella usage and it's very clean! Another suggestion - need to add plugs by every bed. I had to leave my phone charging across the room, which makes anyone nervous.

Except for the unperfect Wifi facility (provided in first floor only) it's a good choice to stay in KL

The free breakfast is a fantastic bonus for backpackers looking to save money, the staff are very helpful with ideas for things to do, great experience - we are heading back soon.

Had a wonderful time at explorer's, would definitely return!

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

i had an enjoyable stay here. the staff are lovely, very engaging and friendly. would have been great if there's wifi in the room instead of always going down and staying longer in the lobby.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Staff are 10/10. Rooms are comfortable. Room key and lockers provided in the female dorm. Toilets are clean and nicely decorated. Awesome lounge area with a great atmosphere. Will be back!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

A great hostel. beds were so comfortable,dorm and bathroom were both spotless. my only criticism is that each bed doesnt have an individual light/power socket but I would definitely stay here again.

We enjoyed our stay really, the hostel is perfect located in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. The building itself has a nice appeareance!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels