The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2 Reviews

73 Dunlop Street, 73 Dunlop Street, Historic Little India Conservati, Singapore, Singapore

Oh where to start with this place. The place will feel like home while you are staying here, they make you feel very comfortable. Great location, good dorm setup, good common area. But what really puts this place over the top are the two working this place. Georgie and Calum are the greatest hostel workers I have ever met in the 200+ hostels I have stayed at. Maybe they are the greatest people I have ever met period? Challenge Calum to a game of blow darts, even though he was no match for me!

Stayed for 3 nights, Excellent hostel. Scooter tour was quality, and is free. Dorms were comfy and clean. The staff were really helpful and nice. Lounge area was comfy with loads of films for the eve if you fancied it. Little India is a cool location. Eat in a less touristy Indian place where you see a lot of locals eating in the eve; food is better and a lot cheaper. Only thing is at other hostels we've stayed in there has been fruit for breakfast, so that would have been nice, still good.

Staff was extremely kind and helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much, would definitely stay here again! Only downside: You cannot charge your phones, laptops, etc in your dorm but only downstairs in the lobby.

Ping was very helpful in recommending places to go and giving me directions. Daniel's scooter tour was good fun too! There are some little flies that crawl around the shower cubicles though.

Can't get much better than this for the price in Singapore. Would definitely stay here again.

I found the bathroom & floors to be quite dirty, the showers grossed me out. My dorm room room was so dark, and there was no light for the beds or plugins at all in the dorm!

I got the feeling that people were using the hostel for long term stays. Anyone could walk into the dorm as there was no lock on the door. The smell in the dorm was vile and was clearly the smell of over slept in bedding. Wouldn't stay again or recommend to others.

There were no long-term guests in your dorm at all. If you'd informed us you were affected by the smell in your dorm, we would have moved you to a different dorm immediately. The offensive smell was not from "over slept in bedding", but from a towel belonging to a backpacker in your dorm. He hung it on the railing of his bunk, and it had a bad, sweaty, unwashed smell. I know because I made the beds in your dorm. Anyway, he has since checked out and taken his towel with him.

For the price, you can't beat it! The staff is also very friendly and eager to help. Would definitely come back

• 25th Dec 2014

Lovely hostel, clean throughout the whole of the hostel. Social area a little bit small. Basic breakfast but sets you up for the day. Scooter tour is a must do, best part of my singapore trip.

I was staying 5 nights in an 8 bed dorm. Toilets and showers were cleaned frequently as was the common room. The air-con was on every day from 7pm to 11am which was a huge bonus and made sleeping easier. Very clean hostel.

My very first hostel stay. It was ok but a bit quiet, no activities to get people mixing. I went here for the scooter tour (and was there over a weekend and yet the tour took place the day before I was there and the day I left so never got to experience it. Some of the staff seem not to be bothered when you ask for help.

No plugs anywhere except lobby. Otherwise, no complaints.

Great facilities and security, with good beds, lots of showers/toilets and lockers. No elevators, so big bags will be hard for people on upper floors. My main complaint was the lack of attention I received in checkin. Presented my passport, received a card with a code and a overview on where should I find my bed. Had to go downstairs several times (to reask directions to my bed, use of lockers, checkout time). Generally a brief tour of the place finishing on your bed is good! Got a noisy room.

I was not a fan of this hostel. The atmosphere was totally depressing. The place is dark, dank, with absolutely no effort to make it comfortable or homey. The beds are very uncomfortable with a teeny little too sheet only. The toilets don't and the sinks don't work properly. The common area is dark, uncomfortable. I did not look forward to coming home to this hostel at the end of the day. Pros: near the subway, helpful staff, good wifi. But If You want A comfortable place to stay, don't come her

• 7th Nov 2014

Some beds were horrible, check before they locate you in one of them. I had a pain in my back for 2 days after sleeping in the first one that they gave me, we changed the beds afterwards. Also the Ac was right above the first bed and it was not possible to turn it off or increase the temp. Overall experience was ok for the price but bed quality has to be improved

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Poland

I stayed in this hostel while my weekend in Singapore. Hostel is in a good location, close to the Bugis MRT (metro/subway) station. Staff was very helpful and hostel gives you discount to different tours and sightseeing tickets. They allso organise some tours. It was a basic clean hostel. If you are not looking too fancy place with budget price, this is place to stay!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Finland

I would reccomend inn crowd. It was a reasonable price and in a great area -close walk to two MRT stations. Staff were exceptionally helpful and gave good advice on directions, activities and traveling out of Singapore.

Just a standard hostel, no special vibe... Bathrooms were kinda skanky though and overall cleanliness wasn't the best....

Rooms have no light on the beds ad there are no power plugs in the whole dorm so we had to charge our devices in the lobby which is not practical. Aside from that, great hostel with awesome staff, good free breakfast and nice atmosphere

Great place too stay !