The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

Thank you Monkeys for making my stay very pleasant!!And for the people i have crossed in the kitchen i apreciate all your good hearts!!

This hostel is fantastic. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Decent showers lockers and kitchen space. Rooms kept clean and warm. Beds pretty comfy. Amazing pub downstairs (£2.50 pint!!) Can get noisy but that is normal for hostel. Easy bus links to centre. Great value for money. Decent breakfast in the morning! No complaints here whatsoever. I highly recommend it.

• 1st Feb 2015

Super hostel z bardzo mila obsluga. Hostel miesci sie w drugiej strefie w zachodnim Londynie.

Hostelul a fost renovat recent. Totul a fost curat, iar atmosfera a fost placuta. Barmanii au fost ajutatori si prietenosi. Pe scurt totul a fost pe gustul si placul meu. Servicii excelente. Cu siguranta o sa recomand hostelul si am sa ma intorc pe viitor.

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Moldova

Very friendly and accommodating staff. A convenient central location. Nice included breakfast with juice and boiled eggs as well as the usual toast, cereal and coffee. Very handy late check out time of midday. I come to London often and this place is my new second home!

The staffs are very friendly and helpful and did their best at cleaning. Most of people in the histel are not "travellers" and most of time they were minding their own business. The atmosphere was died...very quite. Small kitchen no cooktops. Small bathrooms/toilets and the water drain very slow and was having a foot bath in the shower which wasn't a pleasure experience. LOVED the solid bunk beds!!! Didn't wake up once in the night.

I've stayed here last year

the dorms were well kept and clean but there were a few of the little things that could need fixing. Ie. The toilets - showers need upgrading and the toilets often had no toilet paper. The staff were very helpful and fixed our problem very quickly. If you are using this hostel as a base for exploring London make sure to factor in the cost of the London underground and buses as it is a long walk from central London. Overall we enjoyed our stay. :)

Good place, nice people. I recommend it.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Russia

Reasonably priced, decent hostel. Nice and competent stuff, always willing to help and guide you through London! Location was good for me but google it as I've heard some people complaining that it takes 20min to the central london. Kitchen is very basic, no stove or cooker only microwaves and kettle so if you are planning big cooking thats not gonna happen in there. I didn't mind, plenty of take away around plus supermarkets!

• 5th Jan 2015

Service was great and stay was excellent. The distance to the city centre may be a problem if you don't know how to move in London, but the staff is helpful and can give you proper directions.

The hostel is very basic in terms of it's facilities and the bathroom could do with some upgrading. But it has everything you need and is easy to get in and out of the center of London. The pub has good atmosphere and the staff are very friendly

Very pleasant stay, cozy beds, decent breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, looks like just been refurbished as all was nice and looking like new. Not a full kitchen but for snack and tea it's almos perfect. Very clean areas. Comfortable lounge with bar, wifi and tv. Some annoying people around complaining about things, but for the price of the stay in London , I must say they cover all espectations.

• 16th Dec 2014

Overall good hostel with nice, helpful staff :) Very cheap, for London prices, location ok. I've stayed there before but this time with couple of friends and we didn't stay in the same room as we didn't book together so that wasn't good but I understand, we could send an email before and ask to be together... Oh well it's a good place and we've had a great time! I would recommend this place to anyone who's interested in family/friends run hostel rather than another chain.

• Argentina

My stay was very pleasant, on arrival the staff was very helpful and friendly, rooms are comfortable, feels like just been refurbished. The lounge area is cozy, with internet and a charming bar. Breakfast is also serve really nicely and there is even boiled eggs! Not far from underground station, just a few minutes walk, about 10 15 minutes but there is also a bus stop around the corner. Great value for the money you pay. Definitely will be back on my next trip.

• 16th Dec 2014

The staff was great, very accommodating and friendly. It was a fun and chill environment to relax in after a day of traveling about the city. I loved my time there. The Greyhound Pub added a fun element and it is near a tube stop that ties you into the city atmosphere.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Hoekstra

Overall I thought it was nice. The staff were great and the breakfast was fine. The toilets could do with a bloody good clean.

1 2 Next » last »