The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

the staff is helpful and chill, it's overall a nice place . they need more lockers though

Moulded walls, showers looking unclean. I think also you should separate man's and women toilet since there was urine there.

• 5th Oct 2015

Staff are all friendly especially Peter and Bart. My only complaints are the toilets for sometimes they are not well-cleaned and the bathrooms for having busted shower handles

Really nice staff. Good atmosphere. Like a home except the rooms that are really small.

For the price, I was under no illusions. Hostel rooms seemed fine, apart from a broken window. Staff were nice and helpful, good banter and conversation. Others staying in hostel were loud and inconsiderate, no fault of the staff. Beds were fine, complimentary breakfast a bonus, no tv either. Met some good roommates. Showers need work, and toilets. All in all, for 11.50 a night, it worked to be about what you can expect for that price. I'm happy enough, but for others - not longer than 2 nights!

hostel is far from everything

The staffs there are excellent, very helpful and ardent! I enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar ,talking to people from all over the world. If I have a chance to visit London again, I will definitely choose Monkeys in the tree again. I love it!

• 16th Sep 2015
  • China

I enjoyed the hostel, very friendly atmosphere. Close to shopping area. However all the shower roses are on hoses and hang free so there's always water on the floor. Also the kitchen has no cooking facilities except a microwave but there's lots of good cheap food places nearby. I would stay at again.

Unfortunately I left after one night due to there being a big Bed Bug problem even physically caught one at 2am in the morning. Management were good and apologised and gave my money back and said they knew nothing about it. However a few minutes later I heard another girl from a different dorm come complain that she had been getting bitten. When I went to get my stuff 2 guys who had been staying there awhile said they had been getting bitten and management knew.

Friendly staff, great atmosphere

great price! and a good place with a very good staff!

• 24th Aug 2015

Great hostel very nice and helpful staff.highly recommended if you wont have good time and save money.

• 20th Aug 2015