The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

Very happy overall £10 included breakfast. Staff very helpful the Manager Peter goes above his call of duty making sure everyone is happy. Bathroom could be a bit cleaner

• 20th Apr 2015

This is a wonderful hostel, located at a great peaceful location with amazing staff. To start, the staff is 10/10, very helpful, fun and appreciative of having you as a guest. There is a very nice pub downstairs in the hostel and you can get very reasonably priced drinks from here. The rooms are clean, the showers have hot water and the wifi is great! All in all, I truly enjoyed my stay at this hostel and will surely come back.

Pretty good value for money for a hostel in London.

Great service from Vlad and Peter. Chris.

• 3rd Apr 2015

This hostel was okay. Kitchen was tiny; water temperature in showers constantly fluctuated, and they needed to be held above head; and own alcohol could not be drunk in common area (so I had to pay ₤4 for one at the bar there, instead of drinking the three I had bought earlier).

The staff was fantastic. They were all very helpful and friendly. Our stay was for a week total do we felt like we got to know many different people from all over the world here. The only problem we had was there not being big enough lockers for our backpacks. Also the bathroom could use a good scrubbing. But overall we had a fun stay here.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel was easy to find. It was a little hard to meet people, some of the people I was sharing the room with told me that they hadn't talked to anyone before I arrived... which to me seems a little strange because it was a 12 person bedroom. The showers were not cleaned very well and some it was hard to control the temperature. The atmosphere was a little closed in the hostel and it was hard to socialize a lot with others. Also, the lock on our door was broken...

Great little hostel.Rooms clean,comfortable big beds. Free breakfast wifi and lockers Will come back definitely

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Staff very helpful. Far from center, but with good bus and underground connections. They could at least put towers so that the showers/bathrooms aren't super wet (floor) and room could be cleaner. Everything could be cleaner, I think, but only to sleep, it's Ok.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Good place with a nice bar downstairs, very good value for money.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Monkey in the trees is a nice and cosy hostel. It is well maintained and the location is quite central. There is a choice between different type of dorms, and a pub downstairs with comfy seats. Really not much to criticise apart maybe more cooking facilities within the kitchen space. But yes overall a very nice place to be at, to be recommended and friendly staff.

• 8th Mar 2015

The staff was great! When we had a delay in travel they stayed at the desk and let us check-in late. There are no lockers in the room, but there are some available for valuables in the hallway.

Inexpensive. Friendly atmosphere. Clean facilities, though bathroom floors tended to be wet. Bit of a long walk to the subway, but close to the bus. Overall good value.

• 28th Feb 2015

Very friendly staff!!!!

The description on hostelworld said the hostel had a kitchen. This is not really accurate. There is a small area with shelves, a fridge, a sink and a microwave. I didn't see a stove. I chose this hostel specifically because it had a kitchen and I was disappointed. The bathrooms were pretty dirty and the rooms were musty.

the atmosphere, location are very pleasant and conformable. all the stuff is very friendly and helpful.

• 4th Feb 2015

Thank you Monkeys for making my stay very pleasant!!And for the people i have crossed in the kitchen i apreciate all your good hearts!!

This hostel is fantastic. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Decent showers lockers and kitchen space. Rooms kept clean and warm. Beds pretty comfy. Amazing pub downstairs (£2.50 pint!!) Can get noisy but that is normal for hostel. Easy bus links to centre. Great value for money. Decent breakfast in the morning! No complaints here whatsoever. I highly recommend it.

• 1st Feb 2015