The Monkeys in the Trees Reviews

49 Becklow Road, Shepherds Bush, London, England

It is the perfect place to stay if you want a calm youth hostel with many services that are good provided. It is clean and the commune part are very friendly. Just to know: there is only a microwave and a fridge in the kitchen. However the little garden is wonderful to have breakfast and it is well decorated.

• 11th Jun 2014

You can't sit in your bed if you are not sleeping on the top one. keep knocking your head Horrible location , remote from the city need 45 min one way to travel Staff overall fair water temp not steady, sometimes like in fire while sometimes like swimming in Thames. But never have a mild temp price is expensive like shxt for that location and facilities. Other hostels close to town even cheaper than this one

Hello, Our beds a 3 high as shown in our photos. We are in Zone 2 and very close to the city definitely not "remote" or "horrible" and you can see when making the booking where we are located from the city.

I liked this hostel. It was fairly close to the tube which can take you just about anywhere in London. James was a very nice host. Decent wifi in the bar and getting better throughout. Clean and safe. I like the cubbys in the bunks that gave you some added darkness and privacy when sleeping. When I am in London again in a month or two I will definitely stay again so long as I can get a bottom bunk. I would not care to climb the bunk stairs to the middle or top with my bulk and age. Stay!

When we arrived early, they told us we could stay & then kicked us out into the rain to 'clean' (not that we ever saw any sign of cleaning). The staff were unknowledgeable, we were given bad directions twice. For every little thing (keys, lock, towels, hair dryer) it was a £5 deposit. The kitchen & bathrooms were DISGUSTING. The ladders to the beds weren't safe at all & the bunks were 3 high. The maid stole our pajamas. BUGS in one of our beds. We had to pull 6 beds off the wall to use outlets.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. You arrived too early, check-ins start at 2p.m. and it's not fair to blame us for having to clean the hostel in the morning. All the things you listed are free to use and I believe a £5 deposit is a good way to assure people remember to give them back before check out. The maid put your pajamas next to your bed while she changed your bed sheets to clean ones, sorry about that. Lastly triple bunk beds are visible on ALL pictures. Thanks for your stay

Good hostel - bit far out but good price. Nice bar common area underneath, peaceful area and comfy beds :)

As far as London hostels go this is the best I've stayed in. Although the location isn't in your typical tourist areas all of the sites are easily accessible by tube. By London standereds this is the cleanest, most affordable hostel!

Location was kind of out of the way. Very friendly staff.

• 14th May 2014

Very dirty. A total of 12 lockers available to store valuables even though they sleep around 100 people. The kitchen has pots but no stove/hob to cook. No hooks for towels in the ladies bathroom. Staff were rude and unhelpful. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 10th May 2014

In regards to this review. You are purely upset because you tried to scam the hostel and did not get away with it, you complained about getting separate rooms to your friend even though you both booked online separate room types and wanted to be upgraded for free so you could be together and was refused a full refund that you demanded after sleeping a night in the hostel. We have 2 sets of 8 big lockers placed literally side by side with a set of 24 metal ones which shows this review is biased.

This hostel isn't extraordinary, but not bad : the staff is cute, the place is quite enjoyable, the beers are tasty and no too expensive. I didn't like : the beds are not comfortable because of their thick mattress, the breakfast could be more diversified (fruits and yoghourts for example). Especially, toilets and bathrooms are too small ... and quite dirty.

Hostel is very out of the way, not near anything. Showers were not good, rooms were cramped and security was appalling everyones stuff was laying around the room and the door was rarely locked. Ok for what you pay it is quite cheap.

We loved it! The directions to find it were very helpful and easy to follow! The staff was super friendly and it was a very clean facility! Would recommend to others! Bunkbeds are stacked very high.. But it was an adventure. :)

Pretty average all round nothing postive or negative to say really the water was foul avoid drinking if possible cheap night stay only upside

I stayed during the week and it was very very quiet. In a 9 bed dorm I was the only person sleeping one of the nights, the beautiful pub downstairs was just as quiet, like my own private lounge, only with beer on tap. I had some of the best sleep I've had in a hostel as a result. Showers for men were all pretty ropey and the actual common room was small and not very comfortable. But overall I really liked it. Weekends likely to be very different to my experience. Not that close to central

I had a Great time in the Trees...nice atmosphere and friendly and helpfull staff. The only downside was the madresses... They had seen better days.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

I was staying in a 9 bed female dorm, the room was quite crowded, and there are only two electricity plug which is on the side of one of the bed, when someone is sleeping in there, it is quite hard to reach the plug, and the plug is not working really well. staff are friendly, breakfast are good.

Really nice hostel about a 10 minute walk from Shepard's Bush Market Station. Beds are sturdy, clean and decent, and the lounge in the bar area is awesome. Great beer, comfy couches and an awesome staff. The only things you could complain about would be the extremely tiny bathrooms (that house both showers and toilets), and the upstairs lounge area, as it really only has a couple of chairs, a table, and a TV in the corner. Would definitely recommend as it's a great deal for the price!

Great staff. Very friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean and had a really relaxed vibe. Will definitely stay there again.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Poland

My favorite place to stay in London. Hostel is slightly hidden and small which add a lot of atmosphere and let you sleep properly at night.

• 4th Apr 2014

I really liked this hostel however my dorm had some horrible people who were very inconsiderate of others in the room. Other than that it was ok. Thanks to the staff for all your help!

• 4th Apr 2014

Nice small hostel a bit out of town which meant you could get good night sleep. Beds were comfy, wi fi fast and breakfast was a nice addition also. Showers were small which meant they got dirty very easily

• 31st Mar 2014