The Red Boat Mälaren Reviews

Södermälarstrand kj 6, Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel and a good value for your money. However, the hostel rooms are quite small so not a good choice if you value space. Otherwise, a great stay in Stockholm

• 5th Sep 2014
  • spencerf1294

I did enjoy my stay and would probably stay again. Alittle bit away from things but only a short walk to old town so not that bad. Wifi only available in the reception/bar area on red boat, none available in rooms. Showers had good hot water and pressure and were clean, toilets were also clean. Staff were friendly and able to help with most of my enquiries. No kitchen and breakfast isnt included in the price. But overall not a bad place.

The view across the water to City Hall is beautiful. I stayed in the white boat, but I spent a good amount if time in the common room/reception area/restaurant where I met some really nice people. The staff was just amazing. And they have good cheap food and drinks. The only downside was the morning breakfast at 70SEK. It is not included in the hostel's price (although it is in the hotel) and it's not that good. Definitely not worth $10. More bread please and cereal. It was just meats.

Verry small rooms with no fresh air. So in the night with 4 people in a really small room was not that nice. But for the rest it was a good place to stay. But it would be nice wenn the breakfast is included.

• 13th Aug 2014

Unique hotel in the heart of Stockholm. The rooms are pretty small but standard for a cabin on a boat. The bathrooms and toilets are clean and the staff are very friendly. The boat is within walking distance to all the major sites and attractions.

It was fine staying on a boat for a night. It was pretty hot in our room but there was a fan. Also I think it must be spider season which really freaked me out. There were none in the room (that I saw) but three huge ones in the bathroom that definitely creeped me out. Other than that it is a nice location but not really a hostel (no events or other students/young people hanging around).

I only stayed here one night due to availability, and I spent very little time at the hostel, so please keep that in mind with my review. The cool factor here is that you do get to stay on a boat, which is fun, but it negatively impacts some other aspects, such as somewhat strange bathroom facilities (leaving one bathroom to go to the shower room in order to wash your hands). The location is pretty good, since it's a short walk to the old city or to the Metro. The staff was friendly.

Not too far from the centre, but in a really desolate spot. Far too expensive for the services provided: no breakfast included, no towels, few toilets/showers, weak heating and Wi-Fi, and we had to make our own bed. The ambience is pretty cool, though. Reception guy was friendly and helpful.