The Red Boat Mälaren Reviews

Södermälarstrand kj 6, Stockholm, Sweden

We had a lovely stay last week and find the staff helpful. It was very central in Stockholm. However, unfortunately we picked up scabies (later diagnosed by our doctor at home), which is highly infectious. A sad ending to a lovely holiday!!

• 17th Aug 2015

Neatnicks need not apply. For those who value good bargains, this is the place. Is my hero. He does it own a car and does not drive.

• 17th Aug 2015

quirky hostel located pretty central to Stockholm, great dining / common room nautical ambience. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend as basic accom for friends female showers on the AF Ran could probably do with an upgrade, like cubicle doors instead of shower curtains for better privacy. Lockers in rooms would also be appreciated - could easily convert existing shelf space into lockable cabinets. And only one power point per cabin, not great for four strangers all trying to charge devices etc.

• 17th Aug 2015

Good atmosphere, public area never feels cold since there is always people here and there. Kind and helpful staff, plus luggage storage is really special. 1 point missing in Security is that they don't have locker inside room. While since the main gate is always locked in night, it's not really a problem.

lets be honest, you're not staying a boat for a 5 star experience -you're staying on a boat because it's a boat. was worth it for a night or two but I would do my whole stay here, Wi-Fi was only on the first boat which was annoying.

Thank you for the lovely hospitality on your boat. The staff was very kind and very helpful about everything. The boat is very great located on strategy point in the city. I hope i will be back again :)

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Macedonia

This place was awesome in terms of style/look/lodging. After we arrived we realized it was on many postcards sold in the city, and there was even a complimentary postcard and candy waiting for us in the room when we arrived. Really cool place. It is a short walk from Old Town (Gamla Stan), and be sure to ask them about the free walking tours offered in the city. It's a really clean place too. The staff wasn't overly outgoing/friendly, but very polite and helpful when asked.

Cool spot. nothing fancy. nice breakfast. liked it

The staff were good and a novelty being on a boat. Challenging with the steps to get to the bunk. Rooms cosy. No complaints.

The rooms were unbelievably cramped for 4 people, they stank and had no available window to openbecause they were on water level. It was extremely hot and stuffy and I wasn't able to stay. I got my money refunded as soon as I saw the room. The smell was intolerable, made me feel sick just walking in the room. Also, the top bunk was so close to the ceiling you would have to roll from the ladder onto the bed.

It was a great location. The place is cool and unique but the sleeping area is cramed and it's not quite a place for the clostrophobic. Overall though it was good to stay in.

This hostel was epic, really lovely to chill out in the bar area and the breakfast was really nice. We stayed 3 nights and have already recommended it to 2 friends to stay in when they visit.

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions now and it is great value and in one of the best possible locations.

A hostel on a boat is definitely a different experience...while it was cool you do have to realize that everything is small...other guests appeared to be immature (loud/drinking 24/7) but the hostel has no fault in this as they cant pre screen who books their beds....I had an issue and the staff member I dealt with handled the situation in the most appropriate way

The 4 bed dorm was a little cramped and it was hard to get onto the top bunks, and also there weren't really enough toilets/showers for the number of people staying; but with the negative points aside, I had a very good stay here!!! The bathroom facilities were clean and the bed was comfy - and it was a boat!!!!! We also were given a postcard with a picture of the boat on it and a little sweet, just some little extras which made it seem like they cared :)

Great atmosphere and everything was very clean.

• 25th May 2015

I had a nice stay :) I was located in the White Boat, in a dorm with 4 beds. The cabins are very small, but it felt cosy. Showers and sanitaries were clean. However, it is very noisy, as boats do not have any sound isolation. I would discourage people who want a full night of good sleep to go there, but if you're not too keen on that part, the atmosphere and the location are worth it !

Really enjoyed the stay. The only thing i would recommend is providing towels free of charge. I understand why they don't but it could be enough to put some people off, which would be a shame.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. The location is great!

• 4th May 2015

The staff was really nice! The room was ok - I was on the second boat. No lockers in the room. The room was a bit small for four people, but if you just want to sleep in, it's ok... The location is actually really good - I walked to everything important in the city...and there is a supermarket relatively close bye :)