The Red Boat Mälaren Reviews

Södermälarstrand kj 6, Stockholm, Sweden

The rooms were unbelievably cramped for 4 people, they stank and had no available window to openbecause they were on water level. It was extremely hot and stuffy and I wasn't able to stay. I got my money refunded as soon as I saw the room. The smell was intolerable, made me feel sick just walking in the room. Also, the top bunk was so close to the ceiling you would have to roll from the ladder onto the bed.

It was a great location. The place is cool and unique but the sleeping area is cramed and it's not quite a place for the clostrophobic. Overall though it was good to stay in.

This hostel was epic, really lovely to chill out in the bar area and the breakfast was really nice. We stayed 3 nights and have already recommended it to 2 friends to stay in when they visit.

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions now and it is great value and in one of the best possible locations.

A hostel on a boat is definitely a different experience...while it was cool you do have to realize that everything is small...other guests appeared to be immature (loud/drinking 24/7) but the hostel has no fault in this as they cant pre screen who books their beds....I had an issue and the staff member I dealt with handled the situation in the most appropriate way

The 4 bed dorm was a little cramped and it was hard to get onto the top bunks, and also there weren't really enough toilets/showers for the number of people staying; but with the negative points aside, I had a very good stay here!!! The bathroom facilities were clean and the bed was comfy - and it was a boat!!!!! We also were given a postcard with a picture of the boat on it and a little sweet, just some little extras which made it seem like they cared :)

Great atmosphere and everything was very clean.

• 25th May 2015

I had a nice stay :) I was located in the White Boat, in a dorm with 4 beds. The cabins are very small, but it felt cosy. Showers and sanitaries were clean. However, it is very noisy, as boats do not have any sound isolation. I would discourage people who want a full night of good sleep to go there, but if you're not too keen on that part, the atmosphere and the location are worth it !

Really enjoyed the stay. The only thing i would recommend is providing towels free of charge. I understand why they don't but it could be enough to put some people off, which would be a shame.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. The location is great!

• 4th May 2015

The staff was really nice! The room was ok - I was on the second boat. No lockers in the room. The room was a bit small for four people, but if you just want to sleep in, it's ok... The location is actually really good - I walked to everything important in the city...and there is a supermarket relatively close bye :)

Towel for rent (20Sek) and hair dryer on request. Hallways are a bit noisy every morning (5am onwards) but cute place and love the lounge on the main floor. One female shower for whole floor.

• 29th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed staying here! I was on the main boat, and everything was very clean and nice. The optional breakfast was very good, and it looks like it's also a place for locals to grab some food. The one downside was that it was a little bit of a walk from the closest T-Bana (Metro) station, but it's not that big a deal. Next time I'm in Stockholm, I'll definitely look at this place again!

I'm on a boat!

Cool hostel boat. Staff friendly. Stayed in a two bed private dorm. Space is at a premium but you have to expect that from a boat! Location is fantastic with great views of the city and close to many attractions and good transport links. Quiet so you'll get a good nights sleep but not a party hostel. Small bar area at reception but probably not the best hostel if your looking to socialize/ meet people. Would recommend.