The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

1993 Total Reviews

Had a fab time. Clean. Helpful staff. Felt secure. Brilliant location and of course value for money.

• 25th Apr 2014

A great hostel to stay at, right across from trinity college, and a minute's walk to bus stops. Nice and clean and the kitchen and laundry room are very handy!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Place was nice, and centrally located. Staff helpful. There meant to be lockers in the room, but they weren't enough for all 6 girls. Atmosphere was ok, but many youngers. WiFi only in the common room. Ok, for short stay. You expect what you pay for. Thanks

Found it fantastic place to stay.. Great location and facilities. However only thing was if you want if leaving early and have own breakfast you can't get into the room as it's locked until 8am a which is a pain..

We would absolutely NOT recommend this hostel to anyone. We paid for a 3 bed private ensuite and were given a 3 bed dorm room with a “private” bathroom down the hall. The staff lied and told us there were no rooms with bathrooms, but we found out there are. Even worse the room was dirty, cold, and NOISY, and the wifi and tv did not work. We did not sleep at all! Overall, we overpaid for a subpar hostel that offers poor accommodations and service. No location is worth the frustration.

This was the first time I ever stayed at a hostel and I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and whenever I had questions they never hesitated to help me. The always pointed me in the right direction when I did not know where to go once I left the hostel. Everything was very clean and the hostel itself is very cool to be in. The art on the walls made everything feel like a very good atmosphere. Also very close to city center so you are in the middle of everything.

• 1st Apr 2014

For me being close to Trinity was excellent choice on my part. The only negative comment to make was one night some intoxicated guys, three had got into my luggage. otherwise well work the stay.

The hostel is situated exactely in the city center, it is safe and very clean with nice kitchen/living room where you can meet other people who stayed there.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Poland

The Times Hostel College Street is in a perfect location to get anywhere you need to go in Dublin. The hostel staff is great at organizing and helping with tours or excursions outside the city. Breakfast could be improved, but overall, it was a good stay.

Much closer to main attractons than the majority of hostels.

Amazing location and the staff were really great. I was in a 10 person mixed room, but the bathroom was a huge issue because there was only one for ten of us and if someone was in there no one else could get in. Other than that, a great value for money.

It was my 3rd orf 4th stay already and i'm as happy as always! just love this hostel :) i've booked a 14 bed mixed dorm and when i arived, i've got a 4 bed mixed dorm for the same price! was quite lucky. The only thing that changed to my last stays was that the breakfast is not included anymore. the breakfast now costs 3€ (so not much at all) and you get all those good things like cereals, toast, tea, coffee, chocolate, fruit, cheese and ham! Will stay there again soon ;)

good hostel in a very central location. brinny on reception was nice and helpful with tips and things to do in dublin. would stay here again.

Good clean hostel in a very central position. Recommended!

Times Hostel is a really good place to live during a week. Our room was really big and clean up when we arrived. Thank you a lot to the staff who are friendly to everyone !! See you soon The Times Hostel, We will come back :)

• 27th Feb 2014

Great location, amazing staff great stay Thanks a ton ;)

Great location close to buses as well as the sights and nightlife. Free biscuits and ice cream as well as free sangria was awesome! Really nice staff too!

Great hostel, breakfast should be free considering the room price.

I've stayed here before, and it's really convenient because of the location. Great price, and nice friendly staff at the front desk!

Location is ideal, Breakfast is delicious and the Staff is awesome!