The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

2015 Total Reviews

The hostel is in a good location and safe area. I felt comfortable getting back at night alone. You're close enough to Temple Bar but not in the middle of it so noise isn't much of an issue. Everything seemed pretty clean. The staff is super nice and helpful. They have cool free events each night, like free wine one night. I didn't have any issues with Wifi. I'd definitely stay again.

Clean hostel, outgoing staff, friendly atmosphere and great location. Definitely worth the stay.

Had a great time the first time through that we came back a week and a half later to stay at the same place.

• 15th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is a great hostel, but mostly if you don't really care about meeting people. The setup doesn't encourage you to pop into the common areas or anything. However, the rooms are really clean and upgraded. Plugs everywhere. The bathrooms are great. The staff is also really friendly, and they have free dinner on Wednesday. I would definitely stay here again if I wanted a few quiet nights in Dublin.

This was a great place for being near the heart of Dublin and getting a good night sleep. The atmosphere wasn't too lively when I was there, which was too bad.

location, value & cleanliness is exceptional, but what really separates the Times is the staff. They are superb.

Placed in a perfect área, close to many attractions and the templé bar district, but far enough to avoid noise at night (except for the bar downstairs). Staff really helpful and breakfast is huge. Our private bathroom was very clean but the beds were a bit noisy. Would go there again for sure.

The hostel was fine but wasn't anything special, however clean, tidy and great location. They could do with a better lounge area, but being so close to town perhaps nobody wants to stay in, but would have made for a great meeting area.

Had a fab time. Clean. Helpful staff. Felt secure. Brilliant location and of course value for money.

• 25th Apr 2014

A great hostel to stay at, right across from trinity college, and a minute's walk to bus stops. Nice and clean and the kitchen and laundry room are very handy!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Place was nice, and centrally located. Staff helpful. There meant to be lockers in the room, but they weren't enough for all 6 girls. Atmosphere was ok, but many youngers. WiFi only in the common room. Ok, for short stay. You expect what you pay for. Thanks

Found it fantastic place to stay.. Great location and facilities. However only thing was if you want if leaving early and have own breakfast you can't get into the room as it's locked until 8am a which is a pain..

We would absolutely NOT recommend this hostel to anyone. We paid for a 3 bed private ensuite and were given a 3 bed dorm room with a “private” bathroom down the hall. The staff lied and told us there were no rooms with bathrooms, but we found out there are. Even worse the room was dirty, cold, and NOISY, and the wifi and tv did not work. We did not sleep at all! Overall, we overpaid for a subpar hostel that offers poor accommodations and service. No location is worth the frustration.

This was the first time I ever stayed at a hostel and I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and whenever I had questions they never hesitated to help me. The always pointed me in the right direction when I did not know where to go once I left the hostel. Everything was very clean and the hostel itself is very cool to be in. The art on the walls made everything feel like a very good atmosphere. Also very close to city center so you are in the middle of everything.

• 1st Apr 2014

For me being close to Trinity was excellent choice on my part. The only negative comment to make was one night some intoxicated guys, three had got into my luggage. otherwise well work the stay.

The hostel is situated exactely in the city center, it is safe and very clean with nice kitchen/living room where you can meet other people who stayed there.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Poland

The Times Hostel College Street is in a perfect location to get anywhere you need to go in Dublin. The hostel staff is great at organizing and helping with tours or excursions outside the city. Breakfast could be improved, but overall, it was a good stay.

Much closer to main attractons than the majority of hostels.

Amazing location and the staff were really great. I was in a 10 person mixed room, but the bathroom was a huge issue because there was only one for ten of us and if someone was in there no one else could get in. Other than that, a great value for money.