The Venice Beach Hostel

Very Good 1179 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 1179 Total Reviews

12th Aug 2017

Everything was perfect! The value was solid and it wasn't too far from the beach. There was also an IN-N-Out Burger close by as well. The staff was extremely nice! Maciej, was by far the funniest and most entertaining staff memeber. He laughed at my stories and made me feel welcomed. In the morning he even offered to share some of his breakfast with me. I couldn't have chosen to stay at a better hostel in Los Angeles. If you want to feel welcomed and have a good time, stay here.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 31-40
8th Aug 2017
4.3

We we're put in the second location of the hostel. We didn't know this until we were there. I got an email witch sad that we were to go there to check in. Not that we had to stay there. The beds were horrible. Old, squeaky and the matras was sacked. It didn't feel clean. There are only two bathrooms and you can't lock it if you take a shower. The staff was really nice. The one thing I did like was when you brush your teeth you look out of a window instead of a mirror.

• USA, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2017

Banana was an excellent place to stay! Realy in the heart of a great part of LA. Very walkable. Great staff, great atmosphere, and clean hip vibes :)

25th Jul 2017
4.9

I've been traveling the world for many years. This trip I invited my best friend who does not travel much & booked the misleading "Venice Beach Hostel". Property is not near the beach at all. (Not in Venice?). Main issue was energy & attitude of the manager. He made us feel very UN-welcomed. My friend is 10 years older but he is a kid at heart. He embarrassed us in front of other guests, way overcharged us for a lost bike lock ($40!). Completely ignored me during checkout. We also saw a bed bug.

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, we are located in Venice just a 15 min walk to Venice Pier, you managed to loose a 24 inch steel rope lock that retails at $60. Your comment re bed bugs is false and vindictive, we hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2017
6.0

No key to the property so in theory anyone could enter, but there are small lockers to store your valuables. Can feel the springs in the bed and no sheet, just a blanket which isn't washed between guests. Only two showers and toilets for property, and no where to change in privacy. Other facilities all good. Decent location and transport links. Decent breakfast including fruit.

• Sweden, Male, 25-30
23rd Jul 2017

Great place with a good location, pretty hard to find if you haven't read the instructions properly though. Staff is great although the polish guy is a bit wierd. Location is as said good, only a 20 min walk to venice beach amd they have bikes for rent at the hostel!

• Ireland, All Male Group, 25-30
18th Jul 2017
6.9

Big social area, feels like a big friendly house. Positive vibes. About 25mins from the beach. Only downside is that there were only two showers/toilets for the whole hostel

15th Jul 2017
6.9

Good value for money and location, easy to rent bikes and staff are helpful (if a little serious). Breakfast is decent. However not a great atmosphere and you have to be quiet in the evenings as it's a residential area. There is very little privacy in the bathrooms and the rooms didn't feel very clean with no sheets provided, just blankets at the end of the bed that didn't seem that they had been washed for each new guest.

• jamiericho957221
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2017

Could not fault Ian and the staff at The Venice Beach Hostel. Great location accompanied by the traditional hostel experience. Thanks for having me!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
10th Jul 2017
6.6

Is it really that hard to get door locks or even door handles on the bathroom doors? Jesus Christ. Every time I had a shower or went to the toilet I had at least 2 people walk in on me.

All toilets have doors with locks, it's the little metal rod that you push to the right !