The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

We felt unsafe the whole time. The beds were falling apart and there was little to no security

• 18th Jul 2014

We chose to stay at friends place instead and left Venice Beach Hostel after just a few hours. My mistake not to read the reviews before booking this place - they all seem to be true.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Do not stay here!!! There simply isn't enough space in this comment box to express how disgusted we were with the place! It's an absolute disgrace!

Miss one thing in this youth hotel, one phone who working..

The staff were extremely friendly, very nice atmosphere, feels like a home more then a hostel.

Staff were all really friendly and helpful and kitchen had great facilities with really good breakfast. Bathrooms were clean with good showers and we didn't have any issues in waiting for them but I can see how that could be a problem. There were quite a few mattresses on the floor where people had to sleep on which I wouldn't be happy about!! Location isn't bad but the address on hostel world is wrong which meant we spent an hour walking around trying to find it! Not signposted at all...

It's really not a good place to stay in LA

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Can't complain here, great location, great people, great cheap eats in the area to

This hostel is vert Nice it looks like a house but everything is open and they have only 2 mixed bathrooms it's not convenient and annoying ..the location is very good !

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is the worst hostel I have ever been in. The staff is unfriendly, all the doors open and the rooms very dirty. I caught bedbuks there!

• 27th May 2014

Stayed during a busy period so were told that we were staying at the 'overflow' location. It was the one advertised but, it was basically just a flat with 2 long term stayers so really it just felt like we were encroaching on their space. Only 1 toilet/ shower room so getting access to it was hard work with 6 people staying here. Free breakfast and all other advertised facilities are at the other location. No atmosphere. Some staff were nice, mostly we just felt in the way. NOT worth the price.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful. My friend and me slept together in one bed it was small and very uncomfortable. There were only two bathrooms for approx. 26 persons.

This is a party hostel. If you want to have a good nights sleep to get up at a decent time the next morning this is not the place for you. The outside common area is directly below the rooms so it can be very loud throughout the night. The beds are very uncomfortable.

• 23rd May 2014

Great host Ian, very professionel , spend THE time to make sure we knew THE area, facilitet, What to se. Very helpfull and a great place to stay :) Sincerly tina and Kenneth

• 10th May 2014
  • Denmark

breakfast too late 9-10am

• 9th May 2014

Staff..One member VERY unenthusiastic, didn't have much to say..I was only notified on the day that I would be staying in the 'extra building' that the hostel has.. Which is a tatty house, really not worth the $35 I paid a night..You couldn't call it a hostel, it was a house with beds thrown in, a couple of dodgy camper beds too, bad wifi connection and a good 20 minute walk to the beach, not great when I was expecting a 5 or less, overall left me with a disappointing 2 days to end my trip.

• 27th Apr 2014

Is was old and crappy

• 25th Apr 2014

Average stay for a hefty price! I guess Los Angeles can be quite pricey, however I still don't think this is good value for money.

• 16th Apr 2014

I took a risk to stay in venice after reading bad reviews. But it's completely opposite, dont believe review and relax. Around the world hostels are suppose to budget with friendly atmosphere. Thanks venice Beach hostel and ian. My experience, Book 2 days and get free ride from airport. Its in very good location and Mr. Ian made my los Angeles easy by providing city tips. Everything is available from cable tv to bike rental. Breakfast include and free wifi. I got full day tour in luxury van

Great staff :) make you very welcome....need to sort out the toilet situation and reception thing out . If they had a reception and female male toilets n showers, or at least locks , would b best hostel in Venice!!!