The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

This place has two addresses most likely you will not be able to check in with the listed address. Make sure to check your emails!! Staff were helpful and the area is good and it's easy to get to the airport!

We had our problems even in finding the hostel reception because the room was in a different building, half a mile away. They provide free parking, but it's the 2-hour-parking next to the street (we had a ticket after). The price is much too high for this shabby room (very small and unheatened). The bathroom was dirty with a carpet soaked up with water. When we talked to the employees there, they were not at all reasonable. A very bad deal (we are long term travellers and saw a lot of hostels).

The parking was 24/7 during your stay except for Monday when they street clean 7.30am to 9.30am - you parked directly below the sign informing you of the cleaning times _ we are sorry you got a ticket but you are responsible for your vehicle.

The kitchen is terribly dirty, microwave has 3 years worth of food in it. I had to change arrival dates and this angered the Hostel owner, I could understand that if the Hostel was at capacity, but it was empty. Not a pleasant experience.

• 19th Nov 2014

Changing the dates was not a problem - it was the hourly e-mails received for 3 days constantly changing dates which was very time consuming and that we are a hostel & not a hotel as we tried to explain.

When I stayed here, hot shower was broken!! So I could use only cold shower;(. But the staff is kind:). This is a nice hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Some people might not like it but I think that the fact that the hostel is set in what it looks like a big house makes it really cozy and welcoming. Staff is very helpful and kind and I didn't have any issues with dirt or anything like that. My stay was very pleasant and I made some really nice traveling memories there. The breakfast is good and the laundry machines have a fair price. I recommend it to anyone!

Hostel has a very great and relaxed atmosphere, and it's wonderfully located just a 10 minute walk away from Venice Beach.

The staff is outstanding and very welcoming! The way they have greeted me and went out of their way to show me the highlights of the surrounding, can definitely make a difference when staying in a new city! Thanks for that...

• 25th Oct 2014

The hostel was great everything you need and more with breakfast and friendly staff. Iain the boss was great very funny English man, I had a great stay !!! See you guys soon

• 22nd Oct 2014

I bought one privete room with privete bath, and the room has no shower and the sanitare vase in the midle of the room. Totaly digusting!!!! I had to transpass into the other room to reach my room!!! Is this private????? Very bad!!!!

• 21st Oct 2014

Very cosy place. Like a small house where good people meet and hang out:-) slept both in the private room in the main house and in the dorm. Decided to have a few days extra there since the place was so good. Really friendly staff as well. Recommended:)

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Location was not as expected. The room was very tiny and not value that price. The kitchen was well equiped but in total the place was pretty used. It was far away from the beach. They also run two facilities, so you have to run from one to another to get breakfast or to get Access to the laundry. Before Booking try to make sure the room is in yale ave because regarding the facilities it's the More convenient one, but it's more far to the beach. You have Pay an extra Charge for Credit Card.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel is in a good location, close to a grocery store, several restaurants and car rentals. The bathroom and kitchen were okay and kept clean. The laundry room was also functional. To use the washing machine it cost $2 and the dryer $1.5 which is not too bad. The only negative thing to say, is that the owner is phishy. He seems friendly, but he rips off travelers and blames Hostelworld. After paying the deposit online, he demands full payment though you have paid a sum already.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

As explained - all prices exclude tax !

Everything was great besides these 3 things. 1. Wifi would not always work 2. Bed feels like they are going to fall to pieces 3. Not alot of privacy in the bathrooms. But you get what you pay for. I enjoyed my stay.

• 8th Oct 2014

Hostel world confirmation didn't include sufficient information for us to find the hostel. There are two locations and neither is marked or signposted in anyway, and you are required to check in at only one site so if your room is at the other it is another 4 block walk back.We were told that a follow up email is usually sent with more detailed instructions but we received no such email. And booking at short notice there may not be time to receive it before you are on your way. very frustrating!

• 5th Oct 2014

This place was OK... A bed to sleep in and a hot shower, but the woman on shift when I went to shower didn't know where the key was for the towel closet and I had to dry off using other clothes I bought. The bed above me was also extremely loud when another girl in the room could not sleep at night. The woman than checked me in was very knowledgeable and pleasant and the location felt safe which was important.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The worst place I ever statyed at, the adress were wrong so got to a "house" first and then we had to walk to another house. In there it was so dirty and small. It couldnt been cleaned there for weeks. The window had no glass and it everything was so bad. We couldnt stay for an hour. NEVER BOOK THIS PLACE!!! It worst than hell!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Yes it wasn't very pleasant for us either - you booked a twin room and upon viewing 2 beds you burst into a crying fit akin to a small child, you demanded a double bed but we just gave you what you booked. You arrived at 11pm & i agree that the bathrooms had experienced heavy usage but they are cleaned daily. Thank you for leaving the abusive graffiti on the kitchen wall - we appreciate that !

It was a nice hostel. It was really hard to find as it just looks like a house no sign outside. They had a really great breakfast.

Very nice place. Little bit dirty and huge fees if you décide to pay by credit card

Very good place in Santa Monica. It's full with young people. Fully recomend :)

This hostel is very comfortable for students. It's really not expensive, nice atmosphere and clean place, also near the beach and excellent view of the Pacific ocean. Thanks a lot for everything.

« first « Prev 1 2 3