The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Location was not as expected. The room was very tiny and not value that price. The kitchen was well equiped but in total the place was pretty used. It was far away from the beach. They also run two facilities, so you have to run from one to another to get breakfast or to get Access to the laundry. Before Booking try to make sure the room is in yale ave because regarding the facilities it's the More convenient one, but it's more far to the beach. You have Pay an extra Charge for Credit Card.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel is in a good location, close to a grocery store, several restaurants and car rentals. The bathroom and kitchen were okay and kept clean. The laundry room was also functional. To use the washing machine it cost $2 and the dryer $1.5 which is not too bad. The only negative thing to say, is that the owner is phishy. He seems friendly, but he rips off travelers and blames Hostelworld. After paying the deposit online, he demands full payment though you have paid a sum already.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hostel world confirmation didn't include sufficient information for us to find the hostel. There are two locations and neither is marked or signposted in anyway, and you are required to check in at only one site so if your room is at the other it is another 4 block walk back.We were told that a follow up email is usually sent with more detailed instructions but we received no such email. And booking at short notice there may not be time to receive it before you are on your way. very frustrating!

• 5th Oct 2014

This place was OK... A bed to sleep in and a hot shower, but the woman on shift when I went to shower didn't know where the key was for the towel closet and I had to dry off using other clothes I bought. The bed above me was also extremely loud when another girl in the room could not sleep at night. The woman than checked me in was very knowledgeable and pleasant and the location felt safe which was important.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The worst place I ever statyed at, the adress were wrong so got to a "house" first and then we had to walk to another house. In there it was so dirty and small. It couldnt been cleaned there for weeks. The window had no glass and it everything was so bad. We couldnt stay for an hour. NEVER BOOK THIS PLACE!!! It worst than hell!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Sweden

It was a nice hostel. It was really hard to find as it just looks like a house no sign outside. They had a really great breakfast.

Very nice place. Little bit dirty and huge fees if you décide to pay by credit card

Very good place in Santa Monica. It's full with young people. Fully recomend :)

This hostel is very comfortable for students. It's really not expensive, nice atmosphere and clean place, also near the beach and excellent view of the Pacific ocean. Thanks a lot for everything.

Just brilliant! I don't really understand, why other people haven't enjoyed their stay at Venice Beach Hostel. My friend and I, who stayed there, found it just brilliant. Staff was nice and in general, people there just were. So all in all I have nothing to say but to go there if you need a place to stay in Venice. And it doesn't really matter, what so ever, that they put 9 beds in the 8 bed room. You only need the place to sleep.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

We arrived and had booked for three nights after arriving I told the staff we would only stay one night we asked for our money back for the third night following their 48hr return policy, she said to speak to the manager in AM. The manager in the AM told us it was not possible as it was now past the 48 hrs. The hostel room wreaked of B.O .There was no visible front counter, the internet was slow to non existent. We stayed out as late as possible to avoid sleeping there upon return at 4am no loc

• 30th Aug 2014

Excellent atmosphere .. met very cool people ..

the prices being charged to stay here are absurd. they had two locations, mine had one bathroom for almost 15 people. no hand towels or paper towels in the kitchen or bathroom. one of the guys came to clean and he literally just wiped things to make it look clean. they don't mention that they want you to pay in cash and if you don't they will charge like $10 to use your visa. both locations are run down. the beds were so unstable that one guy had to put his mattress on the floor to sleep.

The place was very neglected. The kitchen had ants crawling all over the surfaces and in the cupboards. The beds were really outdated, I ended up falling out of mine during the night twice and was forced to sleep on the floor, I told a member of staff and he said choose another bed, but that was also very unstable. The hostel doesn't state that there is another location where you must first check in, half a mile down the road!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Nice place to chill out. Close to the beach and all of the Venice beach area. Also quite close to funky cafés and bars. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Ian was amazing, really knowledgable about bus routes and things to do in the area, however the facilities and location are not good enough to justify the price.

Ian was awesome, super helpful and knowledgeable, however the rooms were crowded and lacked security.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great hostel, has a great atmosphere met lots of other nice travellers. Never review hostels but because the staff were so friendly felt i owe them to return the favour. IAN one of the staff is a legend.

• 16th Aug 2014

Good location, nice staff, had a great time there!

My first time visiting a hostel my mind had taken a different picture. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly crowd of hostel goers and then to a staff member, Ian. Probably the only reason I had stayed in America as long as I did. Great walk to the beach, local amenities with 7/11 being 5 minutes away. As well as fast food chains. Cheap laundry services and 1 dollar coca colas. Bonus. Would recommend this location to ANYONE!

• 9th Aug 2014