7.6
Very Good 834 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 834 Total Reviews
The Venice Beach Hostel Located at 716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291
76% 834
33.9893320 -118.4497040
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 31-40
16th May 2016

It is a nice hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will come back. Very good.

• Sweden, Couple, 31-40
4th May 2016
4.9

They didn't have airport pick up. We mailed them information about our flight number and time. Got an email back that we just have to call them after we pick up our bags from the baggage claims at the airport. So after 10 hours nightmare fligt we did and the girl sad we should have called 24 hours before arriving 😯 take the local bus.Our room had a toilet and bathtube but no walls it was just an old chair to hide the toilet. Dirty carpet whit some glas so we had to wear shoes all the time.

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Apr 2016
7.4

I only stayed one night so I can't comment on the environment (tho it seemed nice in a homely sort of way) but for the price I would have liked to have been handed fresh bedding as my cover didn't seem fresh, I would also expect large lockers to store suitcases and to have proper door on the toilets rather than slotted doors. Also $5 to pay by card and $5 to store your bags after checkout is kinda cheeky. I personally wouldn't advise the place unless it's your cheapest option.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

Very homely, nice and ideally located hostel with a great atmosphere. They currently have two different locations in a residential area near the beach and have everything you can wish for. Their staff member Anna even got up at 5 a.m. to order an Uber to the airport for me since I'm travelling without a smartphone: she's the best.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

I didn't know about the no sleeping bag rule and while I was out one of the staff took it and put in a locked cupboard which was quite annoying coz I had to leave in the mornin and was quite stressed trying to figure out how to get it. Maybe tell people no sleeping bags! Everything else was great tho, really nice place and atmosphere

• England, Male, 25-30
18th Apr 2016

Possibly the nicest staff my whole trip. Equally happy to help or hang out with you. About a 20 min walk to the beach but worth it for price and atmosphere compared to the other Venice hostels

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Good hostel for travellers passing through. Great staff (Ian the hostel owner is a legend) very helpful and insightful on the local scene.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2016
8.0

Everyone is so friendly here and make you feel at home. There weren't any locks on the room doors though but it did have the vibe you could trust everyone. The toilet and showers were a little awkward and not very private. Great breakfast too.

• Portugal, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
6.6

The staff is nice, the location is good (nearby Venice Beach and Marina del Rey), the neighborhood is calm and so it looks safe. However, there were a couple of things that were disappointing for me, at least for the price ($30.00/night): - No sheets were provided for the bed - for me, not very hygienic; - Restrooms with doors with no lock, which reduced the privacy by a lot; - Breakfast provided was very very simple (bananas, toast, coffee, milk, butter,...); - General cleanliness

Mario your bed did have sheets & they were fresh as all beds are !!!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2016
7.1

My vote seems a little low because I believe it wasn't a really good location, the staff is people actually hired when traveling and at first, when I got in, I felt like I was in an old cottage. BUT!!! It took 20 minutes to get over my first experience and I actually LOVED the experience. There are only 3 rooms so everyone gets to know each other more than in the big hostels. I would not suggest to stay there for more than 2-3 days because it's really far from everything in LA.