The Venice Beach Hostel

Very Good 1075 Total Reviews

• India, Male, 31-40
22nd Apr 2017
5.1

Not the best hostel I've stayed it. Owner or manager wants to keep a "holiday" environment, so he moved me to another unit with no one in it. I ended up partying harder than anyone there, I just handle my business during the day. Anyway I love hostels and go to them a lot, but would never stay at this one again. Thanks !

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

GREAT STAY!!! l It's pretty much what all of us adventurers are looking for. Just want to note that this hostel doesn't have AC - just propped open windows/doors, which would be fine if there was a massive breeze but frankly I was HOT and sweating when I was not directly in front of a window/door. This also let a lot of mosquitos in so bring bug repellant. (2) There's a lingering odor assuming bec the entire house, except for downstairs area, is ALL carpet (even in the bathroom).

18th Apr 2017
5.7

Very uncomfortable beds, no privacy in the shower, the location is different that the one posted, weird thing going on with the final price, I asked to 2 people they both told me a different thing, smell weird in some places of the hostel.

• USA, Female, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

My friend and I enjoyed our stay very much. Safe + clean + great location. The staff was professional and friendly- they know how to do what they do well. Thank you so much for having us!

• France, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Super stay at Venice Beach hostel. Marco the owner is super cool and gives good tips on Venice and LA ! ! Great location, cheap bike rents for the day, great atmosphere in the hostel. I highly recommend

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

Great staff, very good hostel it's nice and relaxed and very close to everything. The beach is only 30 mins walk. Breakfast was good and they had English football channel so very good if your a British lad. Overall great hostel would stay again.

12th Apr 2017
4.3

We were 15 people in our room, other people had four or six people in their room with a private bathroom and they paid the same money. Only two bathrooms in the whole hostel with little privacy.

You booked a 13 bed dormitory, there were 13 in the room. You paid $3 per night less than the 8 bed dormitory, none of the dormitorys have private bathrooms & there are 3 bathrooms for 3 rooms.

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
6.0

I don't recommend staying at this hostel. It smelled (even with windows open), bathrooms were dirty, main light in my room didn't work, and I could feel the springs in my back when lying on the bed. The lockers are small and in a different location from the bedrooms. You would think with the money they make off the guests they could fix a few things or clean up a bit. Pay $10/20 more and find an airbnb in the area, you'll be happy you did.

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, you certainly appeared very happy ! You arrived late at night & left early the following day but we can assure you that bathrooms are cleaned daily from 10am to 1pm.

31st Mar 2017
7.7

Staff here were very friendly and helpful. Good location and very easy to get to from the airport. Mixup with the hostel location, it was not the same as what was on the website. Bed was uncomfortable, and being on the top bunk I sometimes felt like was going to fall out. Would recommend for a short stay like I did (1 night).

30th Mar 2017
8.0

Great place, ~1 mile from the beach. I only stayed the night but everything was super clean and the people working there were very nice.