The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Good location, nice staff, had a great time there!

Staff were friendly, especially Ian and gave us directions. Always had time for our questions. Lovely breakfast.

Location was great, less than a mile from the beach. Staff were always very friendly and extremely helpful. Bedroom, living-room, kitchen, and bathroom were also very nice and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever, could not ask for a nicer hostel.

My stay at the beach hostel in venice was awesome. Even though it was only a couple of days we definitely made the most of it. Staff were very welcoming. Cheers, James

• 6th Aug 2014

You get what you pay for. Cheap, great location, polite and easy going staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

All in all, a decent place. It is decently located for LA standards, pretty close to Venice Beach (everything else is at least an hour away), staff were friendly and willing to help when needed, there were lots of young guests from all over the globe which gave it a nice atmosphere. On the downside. There were only 2 unisex toilets and showers for the entire hostel. There was not a lot of privacy if you wanted to shower or go #2. Also, the doors were wide open all day which felt kind if unsafe

I read very bad reviews about this hostel the first time before to book it but now I can tell that it was a great place to stay with a staff always ready to help you. Moreover it was clean.

• 26th Jul 2014

Had an amazing stay and the venice beach hostel, great staff and awesome travellers were staying here which made it lots of fun. Only down fall was that someone had stolen some clothes that we had left to dry on the balcony of one of the dorm rooms. Not the hostels fault but really was a downer of the trip

i loved my stay at venice beach hostel (even came back after a short trip to catalina island). The atmosphere is friendly, the staff is very helpful and nice, everything is very clean and cozy. it´s not a party hostel it´s more of a feeling of coming home while traveling. the location is pretty good as well: 20 min walk to the beach and a lot of buses around the corner which take you almost everywhere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

only one is positive : the location ! the security:any one can gets in and one without being disturbed / staff (shift night): a way behind expected. the guy didn't know that I paid a deposit and have me paying the full price for two nights, and charged me 5$ for using a visa card/ the motel is dirty, and the kitchen is disgusting, the walls are creepy. the rooms were stuffed with people and stuff all over the floor, I had truble getting to my bed. no plugs in the rooms not recommended!!

• 21st Jul 2014

This guest did not stay at this hostel.

The staff were great, very helpful and kind. The hostel had a home vib to it which I enjoyed. The other guests were really nice. The location is good, close to grocery shopping and convenience. It's not the cleanest hostel I've been to but I still really enjoyed me self! Thank y'all :)

• 20th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was super specelly Ian :) Helpt you out wothe whatever u needed. He also knew everyboodys name staying at the hostel if just for one night. Liked that it wasnt screaming here we have a hostel. /swedes staying All and all absolutley worth the moeney. Specilly thanks to Ian! The downside was the kitchen, lots of flys.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

We felt unsafe the whole time. The beds were falling apart and there was little to no security

• 18th Jul 2014

Just a key to your room & a key to the front door !!

Very good hostel

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Chile

We chose to stay at friends place instead and left Venice Beach Hostel after just a few hours. My mistake not to read the reviews before booking this place - they all seem to be true.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Do not stay here!!! There simply isn't enough space in this comment box to express how disgusted we were with the place! It's an absolute disgrace!

Miss one thing in this youth hotel, one phone who working..

The staff were extremely friendly, very nice atmosphere, feels like a home more then a hostel.

Cool place, nice people and a great place to stay

• 22nd Jun 2014

I loved this hostel!! It has a great atmosphere and everyone is so lovely. The staff are like your friends and it really feels like a big home. Whilst the facilities are nothing flashy, they are clean and comfortable. I stayed at the house that was further away from the beach. It was about a 15 minute walk so we rented bikes from them. Recommend renting bikes anyway so you can go up to Santa Monica. Was very sad to leave and can't wait to go back sometime. Would eagerly recommend this hostel.