7.6
Very Good 806 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 806 Total Reviews
The Venice Beach Hostel Located at 716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291
76% 806
33.9893320 -118.4497040
    Rooms available

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

Very homely, nice and ideally located hostel with a great atmosphere. They currently have two different locations in a residential area near the beach and have everything you can wish for. Their staff member Anna even got up at 5 a.m. to order an Uber to the airport for me since I'm travelling without a smartphone: she's the best.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Good hostel for travellers passing through. Great staff (Ian the hostel owner is a legend) very helpful and insightful on the local scene.

• Portugal, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
6.6

The staff is nice, the location is good (nearby Venice Beach and Marina del Rey), the neighborhood is calm and so it looks safe. However, there were a couple of things that were disappointing for me, at least for the price ($30.00/night): - No sheets were provided for the bed - for me, not very hygienic; - Restrooms with doors with no lock, which reduced the privacy by a lot; - Breakfast provided was very very simple (bananas, toast, coffee, milk, butter,...); - General cleanliness

Mario your bed did have sheets & they were fresh as all beds are !!!!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2016
7.1

My vote seems a little low because I believe it wasn't a really good location, the staff is people actually hired when traveling and at first, when I got in, I felt like I was in an old cottage. BUT!!! It took 20 minutes to get over my first experience and I actually LOVED the experience. There are only 3 rooms so everyone gets to know each other more than in the big hostels. I would not suggest to stay there for more than 2-3 days because it's really far from everything in LA.

• Jamaica, Male, 31-40
31st Mar 2016
6.3

I arrived @ the Venice Beach Hostel in the evening and was directed and by the time I woke up the next morning I was told by the owner that I was not welcome there because the Hostel is ONLY for international travelers. I am a traveler from New York and the money I spent for the 3 night stay was returned to me by the owner of the Hostel for that reason. I felt the decision was unjust but I was left with no choice but to move on. I would NOT recommend THE VENICE BEACH HOSTEL to anyone else.

• morgiejan8386
  • Wales, Female, 41+
30th Mar 2016
5.7

The room was a good way from the main hostel, where breakfast was from 9am, not good if you're traveling on early. Also, it was right by the front door, so very noisy at night, people were sitting on the stairs right outside talking loudly, they did move when I asked them to be quiet. No bedside light or table. It's a young person's place.

29th Mar 2016
4.3

Nice building .... BAD administration Rude staff Un favorable breakfast timing ..... Good location ...... Only one Shower I stayed here because My Friend had aiready booked

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, breakfast is 9am to 10pmm you asked for breakfast at 7am so we left cereals, juice & coffee out to try & comply with your request. We have 3 showers. Your review omitted that you forgot to pay us for one of the nights you stayed !

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

Great staff and very nice people all around. Great time met some people who I will definitely try and stay in touch with. Didn't have to worry about my stuff disappearing. Which is always nice.

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Mar 2016

Very relaxed and peaceful. Most of all safe. I would recommend this one to my closest friends. Thanks.

• Colombia, Male, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

The Venice beach hostel is more than that, is like a shared house with a whole bunch of amazing and interesting people living all together In a tranquil community in the beautiful Venice. If you're easy going I absolutely recommend it. Although it is not for everyone, if you decide to go, you will have a good time there.