The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Staff..One member VERY unenthusiastic, didn't have much to say..I was only notified on the day that I would be staying in the 'extra building' that the hostel has.. Which is a tatty house, really not worth the $35 I paid a night..You couldn't call it a hostel, it was a house with beds thrown in, a couple of dodgy camper beds too, bad wifi connection and a good 20 minute walk to the beach, not great when I was expecting a 5 or less, overall left me with a disappointing 2 days to end my trip.

• 27th Apr 2014

Is was old and crappy

• 25th Apr 2014

Average stay for a hefty price! I guess Los Angeles can be quite pricey, however I still don't think this is good value for money.

• 16th Apr 2014

I took a risk to stay in venice after reading bad reviews. But it's completely opposite, dont believe review and relax. Around the world hostels are suppose to budget with friendly atmosphere. Thanks venice Beach hostel and ian. My experience, Book 2 days and get free ride from airport. Its in very good location and Mr. Ian made my los Angeles easy by providing city tips. Everything is available from cable tv to bike rental. Breakfast include and free wifi. I got full day tour in luxury van

Great staff :) make you very welcome....need to sort out the toilet situation and reception thing out . If they had a reception and female male toilets n showers, or at least locks , would b best hostel in Venice!!!

One gripe was the size of the security lockers, couldn't fit my work laptop in to lock it up. If there was a few extra large lockers available would be great!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

- Address on the website doesn´t match the actual address and there isn´t any indication that it 's a hostel; - They said it was 15min walk to the beach, when actually it´s at least 30min; - Hygiene is not good and my friend woke up scratching; - I asked for a private room with bathroom and our room had no separation between the bedroom and bathroom (no privacy to use the toilet). And it had no shower (only a bathtub). - Lady (owner) it was really rude. - Too expensive for the quality

• 24th Feb 2014

Had an awesome time here, the staff and travellers are friendly. Easy to get to from airport by public bus, then it's easy to get around LA with public buses/metro. Beach is a short walk away. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are clean. Free breakfast is an added bonus and the hostel is close to restaurants for lunch/dinner.

• 20th Feb 2014

- First issue, the address registered in this page is not the same, i think this is a scam , i mean i all the time was thinking that we will be in the other address a few blocks from the beach. - Bad service. - Bad attitude of a few people of the front desk - The bathrooms were with out look - We find people who were high - My friends and me book for 2 days but we only stay one and we did not get any refund. I never recommend at all this hotel

Your final word sums up the problem, we are not a hotel !! You booked the cheapest beds in a 13 bed dorm, you were a more senior group who had never stayed in a hostel before, we put you in a 8 bed dorm at no extra charge and offered assistance with directions to the Mormon assembly. We tried !!!

1 2 Next » last »