The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Great, relaxed atmosphere.

• 16th Oct 2015

This was my first hostel experience and I would definitely go back! My main concerns were bed bugs but I saw nothing like that or anything else that grossed me out. Of course the bedding/towels weren't brand new, but everything was very well maintained. Ian knew my name from the first phone call I made to the hostel, and other staff members were just as attentive. The people I met there really added to my experience. I now have friends all over the world. :)

I can not speak higher of this hostel. I have stayed in hostels all over the continental US and this one has become one of my favorite stays. The owner could not be any nicer or any more hands with his buildings. I will be staying here in the future and would recommend it to anybody staying in in Venice beach area.

• 8th Oct 2015

Great stay, friendly people. Just don't confuse with similarly named hostel near the beach and could use a sign out the front.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

felt temporary

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Sweden

The place is a good deal for a a few days with a low budget. The atmosphere was ok, the staff (the russian girl) was very helpfull. The place is a little bit to far from the beach, maybe 20 min walking or more, it could be closer, but had a nice stay.

It was really nice, the breakfast area is great.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

The staff were very friendly and respectful. I arrived after 11:30 pm and they were accepting and friendly. They helped me with my bags and helped me with information about what to see in LA. The hostel vibe is awesome and the people were amazing.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Mexico

We turned up and there was a man laying on the couch who told us he worked there but it was his day off so couldn't check us in. We had to awkwardly wait with this man for 30 mins until a woman who was working arrived. We were shown to our cramped room with mattresses on the floor (not beds) with a small fan in the corner of a very hot room. There was one mixed bathroom with no locks on doors with two showers for over 30 people on the top floor. Games room was a dingy garage with no games.

The address in the website is wrong and they don´t provide any fans for the hottest nights, much noise and the say they have parking but the parking is on the street.

• 19th Sep 2015

Great location, 15 minute walk from the beach (can also hire bicycles)Cheapest hostel in Venice! The staff were really friendly and approachable, the facilities are clean. The best hostel we found in LA! Would highly recommend.

No locks on bathroom doors so it's free for all to come in. 2 showers and 2 toilets between 18 people. No safe space to lock up your bags. Bunk bed felt like the were going to fall to bits, so people were moving mattress on to space on the floors. Felt like a bit of make shift attempt of a hostel.

Fantastic! This hostel rocked my socks. Their location was in a central area, easy to access buses, transport to the airport, close to the beach and the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk. There are loads of hole in the wall and swanky bars around for whatever your tastes are for a good night out also! Of course, I have to mention, their staff was on par. Absolutely friendly and so so helpful with everything! You will not regret your stay here one bit!

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

This hostel is awesome. Such a great, chilled out vibe. It doesn't feel like a hostel at all. Everyone is social and more often than not you'll find yourself hanging out with people you met earlier that day! I've stayed here twice and if i ever return to LA i will staying again! There are lockers (bring a padlock), the kitchen is available for use, breakfast in the mornings. It's a $1 bus ride away from the airport and the beach is a 15min walk away. Thoroughly recommend to social people!

We got to the address that was on the website which isn't where the hostel actually is so we ended up walking a mile after looking online for the hostel and see there are 2, when we get there it's not the right one, he gives us the real address of the place we are suppose to be staying and we get a bus back. After an hour and a half we get there and it turns out it's a house. The beds are uncomfortable the bathroom is a family bathroom with one shower and one toilet with no real privacy.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Excellent location. My partner and I stayed in the twin bed private on Washington Blvd, facilities were sufficient and clean. Staff are accodating enough but I was told I could park on Oxford Avenue (next to Washington Blvd) and I ended up getting a $63 due to road sweeping the day after I arrived in the country.

The place is not at all good to live. They stuff the crappy rooms with about 10 people. The rooms are somehow crappy. Toilets are not good at all.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • India

Helpfuo staff, but it it's nit a real hostel it's just some kind of appartment for up to 14 people with just 1 bathroom, it's a bit far too far to the beach to be named "beach hostel" 20 min walk to the beach, very old bunk beds, it's ok if you don't expect nothing but otherwise it's not worth the money+ they charge you 15$ for buying by credit card!!

• 20th Aug 2015

For the price it really wasn't very good. Beds need new matresses.

Well lets face it - at check in you said that you hadn't liked your previous hostels so we are following a trend !!

Warm & welcoming staff with respectful guests. Positive energy in a casual social setting.

• 14th Aug 2015