The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Only one bathroom with one toilet for an apartment for 10 guests can be pretty difficult. Its been also damn cold in the rooms, because you cant really close all windows. Ok, maybe california in december isnt such a good idea, but anyway, freezing at night with a paid roof over the head is sad. But to be fair: the furniture and location is pretty good :)

• 29th Dec 2014

Sorry that it was so cold, you just happened to visit during the coldest few days in 20 yrs These buildings are not really designed for cold weather but 80 f is forecast for Tuesday !

It's a really good hostel, it's like family house. The location is perfect for that people that want to visit venice beach and santa monica. The staff is nice, the help you in all you need and the treat you in a really friendly way. I had a good experience in this hostel so I recommend it to every traveler

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Staff were lovely and it's a real cosy place to stay. It's 15 minutes away from the beach (there's another one nearer to the beach but we were put up here instead because the other one was full) and close to a grocery store and bars.

Fantastic atmosphere, nice personel. Had a great time!

This place has two addresses most likely you will not be able to check in with the listed address. Make sure to check your emails!! Staff were helpful and the area is good and it's easy to get to the airport!

We had our problems even in finding the hostel reception because the room was in a different building, half a mile away. They provide free parking, but it's the 2-hour-parking next to the street (we had a ticket after). The price is much too high for this shabby room (very small and unheatened). The bathroom was dirty with a carpet soaked up with water. When we talked to the employees there, they were not at all reasonable. A very bad deal (we are long term travellers and saw a lot of hostels).

The parking was 24/7 during your stay except for Monday when they street clean 7.30am to 9.30am - you parked directly below the sign informing you of the cleaning times _ we are sorry you got a ticket but you are responsible for your vehicle.

The kitchen is terribly dirty, microwave has 3 years worth of food in it. I had to change arrival dates and this angered the Hostel owner, I could understand that if the Hostel was at capacity, but it was empty. Not a pleasant experience.

• 19th Nov 2014

Changing the dates was not a problem - it was the hourly e-mails received for 3 days constantly changing dates which was very time consuming and that we are a hostel & not a hotel as we tried to explain.

When I stayed here, hot shower was broken!! So I could use only cold shower;(. But the staff is kind:). This is a nice hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Some people might not like it but I think that the fact that the hostel is set in what it looks like a big house makes it really cozy and welcoming. Staff is very helpful and kind and I didn't have any issues with dirt or anything like that. My stay was very pleasant and I made some really nice traveling memories there. The breakfast is good and the laundry machines have a fair price. I recommend it to anyone!

Hostel has a very great and relaxed atmosphere, and it's wonderfully located just a 10 minute walk away from Venice Beach.

1 2 Next » last »