The Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

716 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291, Los Angeles, USA

Just brilliant! I don't really understand, why other people haven't enjoyed their stay at Venice Beach Hostel. My friend and I, who stayed there, found it just brilliant. Staff was nice and in general, people there just were. So all in all I have nothing to say but to go there if you need a place to stay in Venice. And it doesn't really matter, what so ever, that they put 9 beds in the 8 bed room. You only need the place to sleep.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

We arrived and had booked for three nights after arriving I told the staff we would only stay one night we asked for our money back for the third night following their 48hr return policy, she said to speak to the manager in AM. The manager in the AM told us it was not possible as it was now past the 48 hrs. The hostel room wreaked of B.O .There was no visible front counter, the internet was slow to non existent. We stayed out as late as possible to avoid sleeping there upon return at 4am no loc

• 30th Aug 2014

Excellent atmosphere .. met very cool people ..

the prices being charged to stay here are absurd. they had two locations, mine had one bathroom for almost 15 people. no hand towels or paper towels in the kitchen or bathroom. one of the guys came to clean and he literally just wiped things to make it look clean. they don't mention that they want you to pay in cash and if you don't they will charge like $10 to use your visa. both locations are run down. the beds were so unstable that one guy had to put his mattress on the floor to sleep.

The place was very neglected. The kitchen had ants crawling all over the surfaces and in the cupboards. The beds were really outdated, I ended up falling out of mine during the night twice and was forced to sleep on the floor, I told a member of staff and he said choose another bed, but that was also very unstable. The hostel doesn't state that there is another location where you must first check in, half a mile down the road!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Nice place to chill out. Close to the beach and all of the Venice beach area. Also quite close to funky cafés and bars. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Ian was amazing, really knowledgable about bus routes and things to do in the area, however the facilities and location are not good enough to justify the price.

Ian was awesome, super helpful and knowledgeable, however the rooms were crowded and lacked security.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great hostel, has a great atmosphere met lots of other nice travellers. Never review hostels but because the staff were so friendly felt i owe them to return the favour. IAN one of the staff is a legend.

• 16th Aug 2014

Good location, nice staff, had a great time there!

My first time visiting a hostel my mind had taken a different picture. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly crowd of hostel goers and then to a staff member, Ian. Probably the only reason I had stayed in America as long as I did. Great walk to the beach, local amenities with 7/11 being 5 minutes away. As well as fast food chains. Cheap laundry services and 1 dollar coca colas. Bonus. Would recommend this location to ANYONE!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Staff were friendly, especially Ian and gave us directions. Always had time for our questions. Lovely breakfast.

Location was great, less than a mile from the beach. Staff were always very friendly and extremely helpful. Bedroom, living-room, kitchen, and bathroom were also very nice and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever, could not ask for a nicer hostel.

My stay at the beach hostel in venice was awesome. Even though it was only a couple of days we definitely made the most of it. Staff were very welcoming. Cheers, James

• 6th Aug 2014

You get what you pay for. Cheap, great location, polite and easy going staff.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

All in all, a decent place. It is decently located for LA standards, pretty close to Venice Beach (everything else is at least an hour away), staff were friendly and willing to help when needed, there were lots of young guests from all over the globe which gave it a nice atmosphere. On the downside. There were only 2 unisex toilets and showers for the entire hostel. There was not a lot of privacy if you wanted to shower or go #2. Also, the doors were wide open all day which felt kind if unsafe

I read very bad reviews about this hostel the first time before to book it but now I can tell that it was a great place to stay with a staff always ready to help you. Moreover it was clean.

• 26th Jul 2014

Had an amazing stay and the venice beach hostel, great staff and awesome travellers were staying here which made it lots of fun. Only down fall was that someone had stolen some clothes that we had left to dry on the balcony of one of the dorm rooms. Not the hostels fault but really was a downer of the trip

i loved my stay at venice beach hostel (even came back after a short trip to catalina island). The atmosphere is friendly, the staff is very helpful and nice, everything is very clean and cozy. it´s not a party hostel it´s more of a feeling of coming home while traveling. the location is pretty good as well: 20 min walk to the beach and a lot of buses around the corner which take you almost everywhere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

only one is positive : the location ! the security:any one can gets in and one without being disturbed / staff (shift night): a way behind expected. the guy didn't know that I paid a deposit and have me paying the full price for two nights, and charged me 5$ for using a visa card/ the motel is dirty, and the kitchen is disgusting, the walls are creepy. the rooms were stuffed with people and stuff all over the floor, I had truble getting to my bed. no plugs in the rooms not recommended!!

• 21st Jul 2014

This guest did not stay at this hostel.