Tokyo Sumidagawa Youth Hostel Reviews

2-21-4, Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The hostel is ok given overall prices in Tokyo. If you want somewhere quite clean to sleep its fine, if you want anything more, you will be sorely disappointed. Compared with other hostels I used in Japan, there was zero atmosphere and few amenities. Thankfully I didnt stay here too long. The staff were mostly ok - the ones who spoke English, were a little rude and unhelpful, the man who spoke no English, was incredibly kind and tried hard to help. Overall, mixed bag.

Great place to stay at, close to JR and subway, clean, friendly staff and very helpful, key and door code provided, reliable internet, hot water, plenty restrooms, common area & free coffee/tea, etc. I pretty much made this place home, I was in Tokyo 3 separate times this trip and all 3 times I chose to stay here because it surpassed my expectations, great deal. The directions get a little tricky for finding it but once you do you realize it's pretty close and the walk isn't that bad,it was safe

This hostel has been completely renovated since my last trip to Japan in January 2014. The common spaces have brand new flooring, tables and seating. It's definitely an upgrade from last time. Expect a quiet hostel and encounters with older folks. I highly recommend this for children; their private room was perfect for my 5 year old son and I.

We had a nice room all to ourselves since we were 4 people. The only think I can think of is that there was a strange smell in the room like fish but it was not really a problem after opening the window for a while. Everything else was really clean and great. Would stay again for sure.

Nice and clean. It just does not feel like a hostel. There is no common room like in other hostels.