U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

Really enjoyed my stay at u-baan, in the most part down to joy and the chilled atmosphere there, sky train is near by so easy to travel around. Rooms are clean and comfy. Joy was very good to me and my friend and always willing to help with anything, also a good laugh to be around. Definately reccommended.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is not in the center but that's better. It's good to know the "real" bangkok and see ordinary people, and you can always take the sky train to get to the center, just a few hundred meters from the guesthouse. The atmosphere inside is easy and relaxed, and Joy (the owner) is really nice and helpful. I definitely recommend this place.

I spend the week-end there and I was sad to leave. The owner, she is a lovely girl, very nice she give you all the tips about Bangkok. She know the city by heart. You have a good view on the roof top. The hostel is very clean. You meet really good traveller. It´s cloth to the subway and to the historical center. You have a market where you eat very good food. I really enjoy my time there.

• 4th Dec 2014

Good clean hostel, rooftop terrace, room has A/C and everything you need in a couple minutes walking. The owner Joy made my stay a pleasure, gave me great tips on things to do and see in Bangkok and booked my onward journey for me to ensure I got the cheapest and best deal. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm back in Bangkok

The lady who runs the Hostel, Joy, is very friendly and helpful. She gave me a lot of tips of best places to go in BKK The hostel is well located next to SkyTrain transport were you can go to many different places around the city. Its clean and safe and good value for money. 5stars

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Portugal

We had a great stay in a basic twin room with air con and ensuite. Joy made our stay even better and happily gave us loads of advice on how to get around, what to see, and the directions she gave on hostel world were perfect! Will definitely be back if we're in Bangkok again. Thanks Joy!

• 26th Nov 2014

nice cheap restaurants around the corner and easy access to the subway system ,

U-Baan was one of the most affordable hostels in Bangkok, though consider before booking that it costs an extra 40-50 baht to take the Skytrain anywhere in the city, which can add up the cost compared to staying somewhere in the heart of downtown. Joy, who runs the place, was SUPER helpful- ask her where to get street noodles nearby! :-) Our bed was definitely a little bit hard. Wifi was good, really sweet cat. Very small common area, not where I'd hang out all day but we saw many who did.

Perfect place to stay in Bangkok if you don't want to be in the centre. Quiet street with good street food nearby. Joy was excellent and helped us plan our days in Bangkok.

The hostel is really nice. Especially if you dont want to stay at the annoying kao san road. The owner joy is really nice and helpfull and the rooms are clean :)

• 7th Sep 2014

Joy's the best! We loved her hostel and her attitude. The rooms were totally acceptable -- Not mindblowing (or cambodia bourgeois levels), but nice and cool. Joy has lots of recommendations, and her place is located next to an interesting local market with good cheap food. As well as a bunch of smaller, cheaper, local restaurants. hostel typically has a lively common room with some cool interesting people. You're far away from Khaosan, but it's the quiet and local feel are worth it.

I had a great time at U=Baan Guesthouse. The internet connection was 100 percent! The guesthouse is clean, tidy, and comfortable... there is even a cat! And you can get plenty of information about getting around town. It's an easy walk to the BTS as well as shoppes and diners. Great value for the money!

Very basic but clean room and with airconditioning. Good value for money, no complaints. Owner is very friendly and helpful!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Great place to meet people ! The shower is good, great pressure and temperature. Rooms are alright: clean, have pretty much all the essential stuff, though the beds are quite hard (like most places in thailand). you can get to the center of bangkok easily and quickly by taxi, though most taxi drivers do not know the street in which the hostel is, but you eventually find it best part of it : Joy, the owner, who gives amazing advice on what to do during your stay and how to move around.

Best hostel I've stayed in this summer!

I've stayed at U-Baan for several times over the last three years, have slept pretty much in every room, and where some hostels tend to lag after they get their ratings up, Joy displays quite the opposite attitude: She always helps her guests wherever she can, and makes an effort to create a homey atmosphere, while keeping everything clean and working perfectly. In a local area you can meet normal people, while the BTS station connects you with most points of interest in Bangkok fast & cheaply.

Best hostelowner ever !!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Overall great stay. Joy, the owner, helped us out a lot with booking tours and directions around Bangkok. She even booked our taxi to the airport even when we forgot to ask her. She saved us a big hastle and I was very greatful. Don't expect too much in terms of hostel hangout area. Small couches as soon as you walk in and that's about it. Joy did put us on the second floor which was nice because we had a lot of bags. Room had a/c and was basic but that is all you can ask for with the price.

So far one of the best hostel that I've been. the owner, Joy, is amazing. She help us on everything, planing our trip, what to do on the city and hanged with us in the hostel. Very clean room and bathroom. the hostel is a few stop away from the city center and close by you can find some excellent and cheap street-food.

• 8th Jul 2014

Great place if you want to meet normal and social people instead of the people that hang around Khao San Road. In this hostel you will meet intelligent people instead of the pumped-up British guys. The owner, Joy, is an amazing person: very good English, super friendly, had a good laugh and she knows all kinds of great places in town. I can recommend this place to anybody!