U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

A very nice place to stay at in Bangkok! If you want to experience a different side of BK, a side most people won't see, then this is definitely the place to stay at. The hostel owner is friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• 22nd Jul 2015

The owner, Joy, is the best! She really goes out of her way to help. The place is easy to socialize and near the skytrain. beds were comfortable and for once didn't squeak when I was going up and down the ladder. Showers are a bit small but clean. Thank you Joy! I will miss you and will come back as soon as I can.

The owner, Joy, is fantastic - really helpful with finding your way round Bangkok (transport, how much to pay, where to eat). The cat is super sweet too!

Great stay at Ubaan, Joy is hilarious (if you appreciate dry humour you will love her). We stayed on the first floor and the dorm room was cleaned daily and the wifi was really strong. Location is great - 5 minutes walk from the Sky Train means connection to everywhere is easy but it's not in the centre of tourist areas so it's not loud at night. Overall, great stay, great atmosphere, highly recommend.

Awesome place to stay. Joy is always a good laugh and very helpful. Hostel is nice and always has friendly vibe. If you are in Bangkok, this is the place to stay.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Like many people said about this hostel, the owner, Joy, is really a nice person! She's not really funny but I'm sure you will be able to like her sense of humor ;-) It could be cleaner but she's alone to manage everything, so it's not a big deal (don't get me wrong, she clean the rooms and bathrooms everyday) Worth going there for her advices, her hospitality, the price and because it's close to a BTS stop! PS : Joy, go paint your fence so the people don't miss your hostel anymore ;) Fabien

Joy was really fantastic at letting me know how to get around Bangkok in my incredibly short time at the guest house. I thought the bathrooms should have soap and that the beds were hard, but overall a good place to stay.

This hostel was incredible! The atmosphere of people was so welcoming and helpful. I felt right at home on my first stay in Bangkok. Coming back to stay the night before I fly home! Joy, the owner was so helpful and knowledgable of the city and they best way to get around! Would highly recommend if you are looking for a relaxing, stress free hostel with a great social aspect. Great location! As it is right by a BTS station, and around the corner from a food market.

• 21st Jun 2015

Well situated hostel close to the BTS sky train. Joy is very easy to get along with and will help you throughout your stay.

Really great hostel: - Joy (the owner) is very nice and helpful - close to skytrain, 7-eleven - aircon in the dorm is really nice

Everything you need is provided, and Joy is mzing. She runs it by herself and it's so great, plus she's so much fun and a wealth of knowledge about transportatiom!!

From the moment we walked in we were welcomed and by Joy, the owner, who helped us greatly all throughout our stay; from giving us good tourist attractions to calling the local bank to help us with financial problems. We found the place to be more homely than we expected which was a nice surprise considering it was the very start of our first ever trip. We have no complaints at all, everyone and everything was brilliant and it's all thanks to Joy the super lady!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Joy was incredible ! Great place to stay in and everything was almost perfect

We had a great stay at Ubaan hostel. Joy is the most welcoming hostel owner. She helps you with anything you need and offers all sorts of advice about Bangkok and the rest of Thailand. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bangkok :)

• 7th Jun 2015

If you decide to stay at U-baan you won't regret it! Joy the owner is excellent, very informative and has some banter! It's just off the sky train so getting around is pretty easy, if your main reason for staying in Bangkok is to party then it might not be for you as its a taxi ride away from Khao San Road. The rooftop is perfect for a few beers with fellow travellers!

• 5th Jun 2015

Basic accommodation but for a great price. Joy is hilarious and super helpful! Wouldn't recommend if you are just in Bangkok for the night for an airport transfer.

Joy (the owner of the guesthouse) is awesome! Best environment and atmosphere in any hostel I've stayed in so far. The place is clean and well taken care of. Laundry is free. There's a resident cat that's super chill. Super near to the metro and several grocery stores and a market, so it's a good way to get a glimpse of ordinary Thai life

I stayed here the very first night in Bangkok and immediately loved the hostel because of the very friendly and helpful owner and all the fun people who came to stay. Also the hostel has a nice roof top and chill out area.

• 31st May 2015

Great hostel in Bangkok, close to a metro station not too far from the city center. Joy really gives this place the atmosphere and feeling of being home-- she is hilarious and will make your stay here awesome. Giant food market just two blocks away, and also situated next to two 7/11s and a grocery store, and the soup place on the corner is awesome. Stay here!

Joy was very helpful and welcoming

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4