U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

3rd time here, wouldn't stay anywhere else! Thanks again Joy for all you've done for me since day 1. You truly are a blessing to all of us travellers!

The manager, Joy, is super friendly, helpful and funny. Her English is awesome. The guesthouse is located in a non-touristy neighborhood, but the sky train, a 7-11 and a huge supermarket is close by. There's a common room with a fridge downstairs, so it's easy to socialize. Only one negative: there was some kind of machine (like a crazy air-con) keeping us awake for two hours after we went to bed. Not really light sleepers, so it was quite annoying. Other than that we liked the place!

Joy makes U-Baan a place worth staying at. She is so kind and helpful, and her English is superb. The place itself is a no-frills hostel, but it's clean and safe. The location of the hostel is somewhat far from most Bangkok attractions, however there is a local market right around the corner, and the nearest BTS (skyway) station is a 4 minute walk.

U-Baan overall was good for the money (9 USD/night). The staff is very helpful and the grounds are kept clean. The beds are too hard for my liking, but again its only 9 USD/night. It is located about a 8 minute walk from the BTS which is helpful. Though I never felt threatened, I could see how some may walking down the street at night. I hope this helps.

• 5th May 2015

I had a great time. Perfect starting hostel for SE Asia. The owner Joy is a hoot. She gave me really great travel advise and I loved chilling on the roof top with a beer looking at this crazy city at night or watching the cat trying to sneak into an air conditioned room. The location is brilliant for a real feel of Bangkok as the locals experience it but a short ride on the sky train to the city centre. Would stay there again in a heart beat.

We really enjoyed our time at U-Baan! Joy was really friendly and gave a lot of great suggestions for places to eat/shop/see. The hostel is five min from the Skytrain so getting around the city is a breeze. The other guests were also quite friendly--it's easy to meet other travelers in the common areas. Drinking beers on the roof watching the sun go down after a long day of sweating around Bangkok is the best. We will definitely come back.

• 2nd May 2015

Joy is a wonderfull host. Funny, respectful and with a lot of knowledge about Thailand. She will try to help you to arrange your travels in the best possible way! Thanx Joy!

Great hostel with access to the sky train within walking distance. Joy is very friendly and very knowledgeale about the area. The hostel was clean and well maintained. Rooftop patio was a nice touch. My only complaint is that the WiFi was quite spotty

i love this place and i love joy! first time i was in bangkok, i hated it, but joy and u-baan guesthouse made me change my mind! joy is the funniest girl ever, she knows everything and she gives the best recommendations! location is perfect - close to skytrain and a local market with tasty and cheap street food. doorms here are big and superclean with a safety locker. hangout area/reception has the best social vibe and the roof top is amazing! thanks for everything, joy! see you!

Perfect accomodation, clean and big room, free wifi. We will definetily come back to Salsa Hostel! Thanks to the owner, very helpful host!

• 26th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay. Joy's place allowed us a different tourist perspective rather than the typical khao San road experience. Great place.

Joy's hostel felt more like being at a friends place! She is so welcoming and easy going that you feel right at home! Plus she knows everything there is to know about Bangkok: where to eat,shop,which museums,which stop and how much the ticket costs! I would love if Joy had a chain of hostels all around the world! Additionally,as this is her home,she takes really good care of it,all rooms+WC are cleaned everyday. The lounge area on the hallway is the best to meet other travellers or relax!

U Baan is a decent place to stay in Bangkok. It is fairly clean and the social atmosphere is good. The rooms are of average size but the beds are clean and comfortable and the rooms come with an attached bathroom. Joy, the owner is a friendly lady and will help you in planning out your day in Bangkok. The location isn't the best as it is quite far from the centre of the town, but the BTS is only a 2 mins walk away. Overall, I will recommend the place to fellow travellers.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. A small, cosy hostel with some great guests. Joy is a great host and so friendly. She hangs out with guests and even organised large tuktuks to hire to help celebrate Songkran - one of the best days of my life riding around Bangkok spraying people with water! Hostel has very good WiFi and air conditioning,clean bathrooms and there is a large choice of cheap, good quality street food nearby. Will definitely return to this hostel. Thank you, Joy!

Joy is amazing! She is very friendly and gives a lot of information about local Thai places. Rooms are basic, clean and in good condition. Location is very lovely. It's not in the touristy part but in a local neighbourhood. Definitely stay here again!

facilities are basic but clean. location isnt great if you're there to party but perfect if you're looking for authentic cultural experiences. host is fantasticly helpful.

• 9th Apr 2015

I do wish the location was more central, but it was just a few minutes walk from a skytrain station, there were plenty of convenience stores and places to eat right near by, and the neighborhood atmosphere was great! The place itself was small but homey and the main room downstairs always had some people hanging out and sharing stories. Joy herself was absolutely amazing, she runs the entire place by herself and does a damn good job at it.

• 8th Apr 2015

Joy knows what you needs to know while you're in Thailand, and is a great host. Also, the location was perfect for us, in a non-tourist (non-tuktuk) area, where food is cheap and good and you get to see a more local side of Bangkok.

We had a fantastic stay at U-Baan guesthouse. Having stayed in a number of different locations and guesthouses/hostels in Bangkok this has been by far the best. Great value for money, spotlessly clean and near the sky train. Joy is also incredibly helpful (saved us a lot of time and money getting to Hua Hin). Not a party place but we were not looking for this! Would highly recommend.

no warm water in showering

• 4th Apr 2015