U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel is really nice. Especially if you dont want to stay at the annoying kao san road. The owner joy is really nice and helpfull and the rooms are clean :)

• 7th Sep 2014

I had a great time at U=Baan Guesthouse. The internet connection was 100 percent! The guesthouse is clean, tidy, and comfortable... there is even a cat! And you can get plenty of information about getting around town. It's an easy walk to the BTS as well as shoppes and diners. Great value for the money!

Very basic but clean room and with airconditioning. Good value for money, no complaints. Owner is very friendly and helpful!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Great place to meet people ! The shower is good, great pressure and temperature. Rooms are alright: clean, have pretty much all the essential stuff, though the beds are quite hard (like most places in thailand). you can get to the center of bangkok easily and quickly by taxi, though most taxi drivers do not know the street in which the hostel is, but you eventually find it best part of it : Joy, the owner, who gives amazing advice on what to do during your stay and how to move around.

Best hostel I've stayed in this summer!

I've stayed at U-Baan for several times over the last three years, have slept pretty much in every room, and where some hostels tend to lag after they get their ratings up, Joy displays quite the opposite attitude: She always helps her guests wherever she can, and makes an effort to create a homey atmosphere, while keeping everything clean and working perfectly. In a local area you can meet normal people, while the BTS station connects you with most points of interest in Bangkok fast & cheaply.

Best hostelowner ever !!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Overall great stay. Joy, the owner, helped us out a lot with booking tours and directions around Bangkok. She even booked our taxi to the airport even when we forgot to ask her. She saved us a big hastle and I was very greatful. Don't expect too much in terms of hostel hangout area. Small couches as soon as you walk in and that's about it. Joy did put us on the second floor which was nice because we had a lot of bags. Room had a/c and was basic but that is all you can ask for with the price.

So far one of the best hostel that I've been. the owner, Joy, is amazing. She help us on everything, planing our trip, what to do on the city and hanged with us in the hostel. Very clean room and bathroom. the hostel is a few stop away from the city center and close by you can find some excellent and cheap street-food.

• 8th Jul 2014

Great place if you want to meet normal and social people instead of the people that hang around Khao San Road. In this hostel you will meet intelligent people instead of the pumped-up British guys. The owner, Joy, is an amazing person: very good English, super friendly, had a good laugh and she knows all kinds of great places in town. I can recommend this place to anybody!

u-baan honors its name. felt like home during my stay. my room was so clean i could eat from the floor. in the common area u may see some lizards and a cat but its an open room of the house.joy runs this hostel and she helps me a lot to find what ever i was looking for in bangkok.the hostel location shows me bangkok like it is for thai's living there not so much tourism stuff. i liked that. but its just 70 baht to the party area. ac,wifi worked perfektly.outside drinks and food allowed.seeuagain

A more cozy common area would be great. My room was cleaned but it was dusty I could breath the dust. Feel very secure and we felt like home.

The atmosphere is really laid back, it is a sweet, small hostel, very cosy. Joe is incredibly nice, definitely a special lady, really helpful with further travel advise and knowledgeable about buses and routes.

• 8th Jun 2014

Joy was lovely, the hostels two minutes walk from the sky train system, there's a supermarket, 7-11 and plenty of street stalls nearby and the air-con is fantastic :D

Joy MAKES this hostel! She is incredibly helpful and honest. The location is great if you're looking for a genuine Thai residential neighborhood. Easy access to public transit, taxis and tuk tuks. Lots of excellent street food all around the hostel. The room itself was air conditioned. You can do laundry on site. The rooftop is a perfect place for a beer and relaxing! To sum it up- quiet location, genuine Thai people and food all around, and easy access to anywhere you want to explore in Bangkok

• 7th May 2014

Very close to metro station, nice common area and rooftop terrace, huge dorms without bunk beds and with a couch.. and Joy is lovely! Would definitely recommend it.

Very Nice place to stay in Bangkok ! Even if is à bit far away from city center (20mn With air subway), the atmosphère is si cool and joy so nice and helpful. Se Will tell you all you can do in Bangkok !

Me and my 3 friends spent 2 nights there and it was awesome. Joy (staff) is special, very kind e nice. Her english is very good, better than ours, for sure. The atmosphere with all others guests was, perhaps, the best of our trip. Thank you very much for the experience.

Really enjoyed our stay in this hostel, close to train. Or 70bht taxi to city centre. Cheap and clean, good security, friendly atmosphere. Great Staff.

It was a 'Joyful' experience to stay at U-Baan Hostel! Seriously, amazing place & amazing area! It was a great time and made lots of friends so I will be back for sure! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Joy for staying but late and waiting for me to check in at nearly midnight too!!