U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

Overall great stay. Joy, the owner, helped us out a lot with booking tours and directions around Bangkok. She even booked our taxi to the airport even when we forgot to ask her. She saved us a big hastle and I was very greatful. Don't expect too much in terms of hostel hangout area. Small couches as soon as you walk in and that's about it. Joy did put us on the second floor which was nice because we had a lot of bags. Room had a/c and was basic but that is all you can ask for with the price.

So far one of the best hostel that I've been. the owner, Joy, is amazing. She help us on everything, planing our trip, what to do on the city and hanged with us in the hostel. Very clean room and bathroom. the hostel is a few stop away from the city center and close by you can find some excellent and cheap street-food.

• 8th Jul 2014

Great place if you want to meet normal and social people instead of the people that hang around Khao San Road. In this hostel you will meet intelligent people instead of the pumped-up British guys. The owner, Joy, is an amazing person: very good English, super friendly, had a good laugh and she knows all kinds of great places in town. I can recommend this place to anybody!

u-baan honors its name. felt like home during my stay. my room was so clean i could eat from the floor. in the common area u may see some lizards and a cat but its an open room of the house.joy runs this hostel and she helps me a lot to find what ever i was looking for in bangkok.the hostel location shows me bangkok like it is for thai's living there not so much tourism stuff. i liked that. but its just 70 baht to the party area. ac,wifi worked perfektly.outside drinks and food allowed.seeuagain

A more cozy common area would be great. My room was cleaned but it was dusty I could breath the dust. Feel very secure and we felt like home.

The atmosphere is really laid back, it is a sweet, small hostel, very cosy. Joe is incredibly nice, definitely a special lady, really helpful with further travel advise and knowledgeable about buses and routes.

• 8th Jun 2014

Joy was lovely, the hostels two minutes walk from the sky train system, there's a supermarket, 7-11 and plenty of street stalls nearby and the air-con is fantastic :D

Joy MAKES this hostel! She is incredibly helpful and honest. The location is great if you're looking for a genuine Thai residential neighborhood. Easy access to public transit, taxis and tuk tuks. Lots of excellent street food all around the hostel. The room itself was air conditioned. You can do laundry on site. The rooftop is a perfect place for a beer and relaxing! To sum it up- quiet location, genuine Thai people and food all around, and easy access to anywhere you want to explore in Bangkok

• 7th May 2014

Very close to metro station, nice common area and rooftop terrace, huge dorms without bunk beds and with a couch.. and Joy is lovely! Would definitely recommend it.

Very Nice place to stay in Bangkok ! Even if is à bit far away from city center (20mn With air subway), the atmosphère is si cool and joy so nice and helpful. Se Will tell you all you can do in Bangkok !

Me and my 3 friends spent 2 nights there and it was awesome. Joy (staff) is special, very kind e nice. Her english is very good, better than ours, for sure. The atmosphere with all others guests was, perhaps, the best of our trip. Thank you very much for the experience.

Really enjoyed our stay in this hostel, close to train. Or 70bht taxi to city centre. Cheap and clean, good security, friendly atmosphere. Great Staff.

It was a 'Joyful' experience to stay at U-Baan Hostel! Seriously, amazing place & amazing area! It was a great time and made lots of friends so I will be back for sure! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Joy for staying but late and waiting for me to check in at nearly midnight too!!

In a very Thai area of Bangkok where you walk down a narrow street of heavy traffic with street food vendors on either side before turning right into an ally. The lady is very nice and was a huge help in informing everyone aloof about Songkran water gun fights such as myself. She is very good at English conversation, fun to talk to, and gives honest opinions and info. Thanks. Cop Coon Cup

Hostel staff were lovely and very helpful but the room wasn't great - overrun with ants, very small and holes in the wall. Room was old but clean. Lots of shops/local Thai eateries around hostel.

The lady that runs this hostel is really nice and was super helpful for our travels plans. Good place to stay if you want to see real bangkok, eat some good local food and get off kao san road. Handy location for the skytrain. AND dorms hae air-con!

Joy is lovely and helpful!! And I met nice people here! It is a good place to see the local life of normal people here and get a real taste of Thailand. The room is neat with a small bathroom. For me, that's enough. The location is a little bit out of the central area so it's quiet but it takes a while to go out and come back from outside.

A neat hostel in a more quiet area of Bangkok. Safe and located nearby the skytrain, so also easy to reach from the airport. Our room was affordable and good: clean, enough space, aircon. Best thing was the help and information which the owner, welcoming and helpful Joy, can provide you: transport, hotspots, etc.

U Baan Guesthouse is perfect for people who have never bin to Bangkok before. The atmosphere is very relaxed and there are enough people chiling at the lounge area or rooftop terrace to meet up with someone. The rooms are very pleasant, with a/c and hot water! Joy, the owner, is very kind and always prepared to help you finding your wayin this impressive city!!! Although it's not in the center of Bangkok, it's very easy to get to!!! I would recommend this place to everyone!!!!

U-Baan Guesthouse is not far away from the Sky-Train Station "Wongwian Yai" so you can get there very easy. The location is quite interesting, because it`s not Touri - crowded. There are two 7-11 stores right around the corner. The Guesthouse also have a terrace at the top of the building so you can enjoy some kind of "nice" view up there. Wifi is provided. The rooms are clean and good with air condition. The staff is very cool and speaks english. It`s also quite cheap.