U-Baan Guesthouse Reviews

961 Soi Rat Ruam Charoen, (Via Soi Krung Thonburi 1) Klongsan, Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent place, really nice. My first experience in Thailand. Joy is an excellent hostess, friendly and incredibly helpful! Thanks :-)

• 26th Aug 2015

Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Bangkok. Thanks again Joy, was a pleasure!

Great hostel! Good location great atmosphere great joy! ;)

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We chose this hostel because of all the raving reviews about Joy, and we weren't disappointed. From the moment that we arrived she was extremely welcoming and helpful. She was constantly pointing us in the right direction and recommending places and things to eat. The hostel is in a great residential area surrounded by food stalls and markets. Close to train links and bus stops, so even though you feel like you're out of Bangkok, getting to the center is super quick and easy. We will return!

• 18th Aug 2015

Best place to stay in BKK! Joy will give you good advice on sightseeing and events. Nice rooftop and right next to a BTS station Wongwian Yai. Way more authentic than Khao San Road, yet you can go there by cab for 60 baht. Very social place, good for solo travellers!

• 16th Aug 2015

Very cool hostel! Joy is a nice and helpful person - i really enjoyed my stay here!

The place is close to a skytrain station and the owner is very helpful and knowledgeable..although the people in my dorm and I thought she didnt have a lot of patience explaining directions. The hostel doesn't provide any hotels or hair/body washes, so you have to bring those yourself. The hostel could also use a good wash or paint job as the walls were all quite dirty. .maybe implement a no shoes inside policy.

Great neighbourhood! Joy is so friendly and helpful. Market very close by, as well as all transportation. We felt very safe both within the neighbourhood and within th homestay. My only suggestions would be that it could use a paint job (we stayed in private double room, paint was cracking off walls) and maybe provide towels and soap. We've stayed at several places much cheaper than this in Thailand that provided these things and as a budget traveller it's always so appreciated. Thanks Joy!

Love the owner

Joy is great to talk to. She is so helpful, and she knows all the best ways of getting to places. It is easy to meet people, and the people here are generally looking to experience more than just Khao San road and other tourist traps. The area is a very Thai neighborhood with a large market two minutes away with plenty of good food.

The owner Joy is really friendly and helpful and there is a good social aspect to the hostel. The location is great, being away from the hustle and bustle of the city but with really good transport links and 7-11s nearby. We will go back again!

Great hostel, Joy is an absolute legend. Will return

Joy is friendly and always ready to help with advice on the best way to get places, when to go and what to do if your stuck. The hostel is 5 min from a bts station making our easy to get everywhere but away from the party areas so perfect for me.

Joy is incredible, she helped us in everything from restaurant tips to how to get around the city and she even booked us a train for our next stop. She really is amazing. The rooms are simple but cozy and clean. The guesthouse is near the skytrain, buses and 7eleven. Couldn't ask for more! Perfect place in bangkok.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

I had a very quick stay in Bangkok but it was so special and one of the best because I stayed in U-baan. As most have mentioned in their reviews, Joy was simply amazing. She will help you with everything you need to know (and do) while in Bangkok. She gives the honest opinions about what to do and not to do. I don't know anything more to say but she's just amazing. Location and friendliness of the guesthouse is good to. It is close to the skytrain (Wong wian yai station).

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Not in the tourist area but rear the sky train and a great street market. Joy is wonderful. Its not a crazy party hostel but I still met loads of awesome travelers

A very nice place to stay at in Bangkok! If you want to experience a different side of BK, a side most people won't see, then this is definitely the place to stay at. The hostel owner is friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Great hostel. Owner was fantastic - very friendly and helpful, great sense of humour, lots of tips for what to do/see. Nice rooftop area with a great view of Bangkok. Close to the metro with a nearby food market. Dorm has AC and lockers. Would stay again.

The owner, Joy, is the best! She really goes out of her way to help. The place is easy to socialize and near the skytrain. beds were comfortable and for once didn't squeak when I was going up and down the ladder. Showers are a bit small but clean. Thank you Joy! I will miss you and will come back as soon as I can.

The owner, Joy, is fantastic - really helpful with finding your way round Bangkok (transport, how much to pay, where to eat). The cat is super sweet too!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4