Vila 11 Reviews

Strada Institutul Medico Militar Nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

When I checked in I got the distinct impression that I was "bothering" the staff. After that, for 2 days, I barely saw a staff person. If you are looking for warm, chatty and friendly--this is not the place.

• 30th Jun 2015

The staff of Vila 11 are super friendly, making us feel at home immediately. The room is spacious with 3 beds for just the 2 of us and the price is cheap. For breakfast, we have a choice between omelet or pancake, both of which are freshly made on the spot for us! The location is also good as it is very near to the main train station.

The bathroom had a bad smell, even with having the fan on all the time. :(

excellent crew - near train station 5 min walk

Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will consider visiting Bucharest again in the future.

Obliging staff. But the cleanliness was poor and the breakfast unsatisfying. On the plus side, very convenient to Gara du Nord metro / train station.

The B and B owners son Peter was very helpful in showing us around the city. We appreciated his advice and hospitality. The location is close to train station which is useful. The room felt safe, but this is a no frills place which could benefit from more attention to detail to decorating/ updating. The bathroom had an awful smell- think it was sewer. Breakfast was not good as didn't even have basics of tea. Helpful they spoke English and also let us borrow their bicycles for a ride around.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Sorry about the BLACK tea, we had fruit, camomile, green and mint available but you wanted black. We tried the three retail stores in the area and no one had any, at any price. Black tea is not a common thing for stores to stock as it has little medicinal use. Try using the fan in the bathroom. It has a separate switch and is not automatic.

Whilst the staff were friendly, the place is a bit weird. The location is fine if you want to be next to the train station but apart from that it's not great place to stay if you want to see the sights. Also there were some proper sketchy people hanging outside the hostel as the neighbouring streets are not that nice!! I would not walk around there alone at night. Also, we had no hot water and there was some bad drain smells. It all needs modernising. A nice free breakfast was offered though!!

So laid back they are nearly horizontal. Great for relaxing and very friendly staff. Some rooms are a bit basic but this is not Western Europe and the facilities may be classed as a bit basic, but they are exceptionally cheap for what you get.

I had a nice stay, good location, good value for money, friendly staff.

I was here for one night just as a stop over, so it was good to get there for the night

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we did. Hope your continued journey went well. Happy trails! Thanks again!

Very friendly and comfortable, a good location if you wish to stay near to the railway station (for trains from/to Budapest), in any case public transport in the area is good, there are trams and buses and the metro is a stone's throw away should you not wish to walk to 'the sights'. The written directions given here were a bit confusing (US English maybe?), it was a lot easier to reach from the station than the directions suggest, or print a map yourself before you arrive!

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. I will take another look at our directions. Perhaps they need updating a little. Thanks again!

Really loved the owner of the hostel but the hostel self wasn't clean enough for the standards nowadays, besides that it was really average and worth the money

This place feels like home... Been on the road a long time and it was exactly what I needed to come back strong. Deborah is such a sweet lady, she will take such good care of you!

• 3rd Jul 2014

It is easy to help openminded people. Enjoy your travels and hold on to life. Thank you for your kind words, it is good to know we get it right!

simply I will stay villa 11 again. recommend to everyone .

Thanks for staying with us, we hope you will come again, soon.

I only stayed in the hostel for a couple hours (late arrival, early departure) but I wouldn't recommend staying in Vila 11. The only reason I stayed there was because of the close distance to the train station. The rooms were dusty, smelly and during the night it was very hot because there is no airconditioning and you cannot open the windows. The lady of the house was very friendly. Unfortunately, other travellers ate my breakfast because of miscommunication and there was nothing else to eat.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review. I am very surprised that you felt the need for air conditioning with our current cold temperatures.We are all still wandering around in sweaters! I am not sure why you say the window cannot be opened as all rooms have hinged windows that work. In the event that you did not find any breakfast you are welcome to ask for something fresh. It is included for all our guests, There is no food rationing. Sorry if we did not live up to your standards, we will do better.

Very friendly family run place. At the back of the North Station down dimly lit streets but convenient for buses etc. Quite old looking place but the family are steadily improving it.

• 8th Nov 2013

The staf/family was incredible great and the house very big for around 15 persons. I recommend to stay here for sure.

Great house, in terms of feedback - I was in a single room and I was not sure if the notice by the breakfast area about bedding was for dorm people or everyone - polite notices in rooms better than signs. Breakfast arrangements also unclear and no one round to ask.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Hostel without minimum hygienic dust in the carpet, dog hair on the floor and the breakfast very weak.

Dog hair? We hae a small tekel who is banished to the backyard so I really do not know how on earth you can possibley have dog hair in your room! Weak breakfast? What do people eat in Brazil for breakfast? If fresh pancakes with homemade syrup, fruit jam and fresh baggete bread, fruit basket, tea and coffee with farmers goat cheese was not enough for the money, you are welcome to ask for something more to your liking. If we have it we will make it.

Security: The hostel provides no way to secure your valuables (like safety deposit boxes that 95% of hostels now do nowdays). I left my private room unlocked to take a quick shower and another guest went into my room and stole 300 Euros! I could have locked my door but it doesn't beget the fact they don't offer any way to secure your valuables. Location: The location is great if you need to take a bus/train but a little farther from the nightlife (40 min walk). Staff: Very nice.

We are very sorry that you have lost your valuables, even more so because you tell me it has happened in my home. If you went to the expense of asking for a private room which has a lockable door, I do not see the reason for having a safe in addition. Prehaps I might suggest that if you are not going to be around that you use your key and lock the door and do not keep your passport and money in the top of your knapsack as you showed me they were. It would make things fast and easy for any theif.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7