Vila 11 Reviews

Strada Institutul Medico Militar Nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

cosy place, friendly people. very recommendable. the area is not ideal but there is a bus line nearby bringing you straight to the center. if i were nitpicking, I'd mention the instruction how to get the place were a bit hard to follow (at least for me). It would have helped to include Strada Vespasian in the decription.

• 8th Jan 2016

The building smelt mouldy and damp. The only access to my private room was via the male dorm room (being female it's not great). Bedding was made of polyester and the room was rather cold, even with the electric heater put in. Thankfully I took my flip flops with me as I wouldn't shower barefoot it was so dirty. Mouldy food in the kitchen space. No light outside the toilet. The owner (Deborah) very helpful, her daughter told me to refer to the website in Romanian only! Horrid experience

1. we have no male dorms only mixed. 2. all our linen is cotton. your bed had a polyester bed spread over a pure wool blanket. it is usual to remove that prior to sleeping. 3.The toilet stalls have individual lights in each stall as well as outside in the room by the sink. A simple request at the reception would have remedied any real mistakes. You stayed with us a few days,surprised you didn't vote with your feet. Perhaps your life in London is making you into a truely British woman.

very poor cleanliness, when we see, immediately use a hotel...

All I want are clean sheets, good bathroom facilities and a quite night. For the money I spent Villa 11 gave me just what I wanted at an excellent price. In fact I want back there after staying the year before. It gets my recommendation

The ensuite had a putrid smell, broken window in my room, the bed had seen better days, moldy food in the breakfast area and it is a long walk into town ( a solid 45 mins) although being so far out of town means it is quiet at night so you can get a decent sleep. I can't recommend this place at all.

• 17th Aug 2015

Owners very helpfull with any questions from transport, eating locations & places to visit.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Wales

This has to be the best place that I have stayed. The room was fantastic, the staff were lovely, location is right near station. Breakfast was quality made up of pancakes, goat’s cheese, melon and coffee/tea. Stayed for 6 nights and had always had a good sleep. The price was very reasonable. Thanks for such a nice stay.

What a great place and the staff were lovely. Thanks :-)

Staying at Vila 11 was definitely very enjoyable! The family that runs the place was very friendly with the guests and willing to help with any problem. The hostel is near to Gara de Nord, which is close to the city center and very well connected on public transportation (airport, metro and long-distance trains).

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Romania

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Hope you have enjoyed Bucharest and will return to visit more of Romania.

When I checked in I got the distinct impression that I was "bothering" the staff. After that, for 2 days, I barely saw a staff person. If you are looking for warm, chatty and friendly--this is not the place.

• 30th Jun 2015

Interersting! You are the first person ever to see things that way. Sorry if we were not there for you, perhaps we thought we might be "bothering" you. We only offer to help, if guests decline we do not insist.

The staff of Vila 11 are super friendly, making us feel at home immediately. The room is spacious with 3 beds for just the 2 of us and the price is cheap. For breakfast, we have a choice between omelet or pancake, both of which are freshly made on the spot for us! The location is also good as it is very near to the main train station.

The bathroom had a bad smell, even with having the fan on all the time. :(

excellent crew - near train station 5 min walk

Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will consider visiting Bucharest again in the future.

Obliging staff. But the cleanliness was poor and the breakfast unsatisfying. On the plus side, very convenient to Gara du Nord metro / train station.

The B and B owners son Peter was very helpful in showing us around the city. We appreciated his advice and hospitality. The location is close to train station which is useful. The room felt safe, but this is a no frills place which could benefit from more attention to detail to decorating/ updating. The bathroom had an awful smell- think it was sewer. Breakfast was not good as didn't even have basics of tea. Helpful they spoke English and also let us borrow their bicycles for a ride around.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. Sorry about the BLACK tea, we had fruit, camomile, green and mint available but you wanted black. We tried the three retail stores in the area and no one had any, at any price. Black tea is not a common thing for stores to stock as it has little medicinal use. Try using the fan in the bathroom. It has a separate switch and is not automatic.

Whilst the staff were friendly, the place is a bit weird. The location is fine if you want to be next to the train station but apart from that it's not great place to stay if you want to see the sights. Also there were some proper sketchy people hanging outside the hostel as the neighbouring streets are not that nice!! I would not walk around there alone at night. Also, we had no hot water and there was some bad drain smells. It all needs modernising. A nice free breakfast was offered though!!

So laid back they are nearly horizontal. Great for relaxing and very friendly staff. Some rooms are a bit basic but this is not Western Europe and the facilities may be classed as a bit basic, but they are exceptionally cheap for what you get.

I had a nice stay, good location, good value for money, friendly staff.

I was here for one night just as a stop over, so it was good to get there for the night

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we did. Hope your continued journey went well. Happy trails! Thanks again!

Very friendly and comfortable, a good location if you wish to stay near to the railway station (for trains from/to Budapest), in any case public transport in the area is good, there are trams and buses and the metro is a stone's throw away should you not wish to walk to 'the sights'. The written directions given here were a bit confusing (US English maybe?), it was a lot easier to reach from the station than the directions suggest, or print a map yourself before you arrive!

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. I will take another look at our directions. Perhaps they need updating a little. Thanks again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7