Vila 11 Reviews

Strada Institutul Medico Militar Nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

This place feels like home... Been on the road a long time and it was exactly what I needed to come back strong. Deborah is such a sweet lady, she will take such good care of you!

• 3rd Jul 2014

It is easy to help openminded people. Enjoy your travels and hold on to life. Thank you for your kind words, it is good to know we get it right!

simply I will stay villa 11 again. recommend to everyone .

Thanks for staying with us, we hope you will come again, soon.

I only stayed in the hostel for a couple hours (late arrival, early departure) but I wouldn't recommend staying in Vila 11. The only reason I stayed there was because of the close distance to the train station. The rooms were dusty, smelly and during the night it was very hot because there is no airconditioning and you cannot open the windows. The lady of the house was very friendly. Unfortunately, other travellers ate my breakfast because of miscommunication and there was nothing else to eat.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review. I am very surprised that you felt the need for air conditioning with our current cold temperatures.We are all still wandering around in sweaters! I am not sure why you say the window cannot be opened as all rooms have hinged windows that work. In the event that you did not find any breakfast you are welcome to ask for something fresh. It is included for all our guests, There is no food rationing. Sorry if we did not live up to your standards, we will do better.

Very friendly family run place. At the back of the North Station down dimly lit streets but convenient for buses etc. Quite old looking place but the family are steadily improving it.

• 8th Nov 2013

The staf/family was incredible great and the house very big for around 15 persons. I recommend to stay here for sure.

Great house, in terms of feedback - I was in a single room and I was not sure if the notice by the breakfast area about bedding was for dorm people or everyone - polite notices in rooms better than signs. Breakfast arrangements also unclear and no one round to ask.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Hostel without minimum hygienic dust in the carpet, dog hair on the floor and the breakfast very weak.

Dog hair? We hae a small tekel who is banished to the backyard so I really do not know how on earth you can possibley have dog hair in your room! Weak breakfast? What do people eat in Brazil for breakfast? If fresh pancakes with homemade syrup, fruit jam and fresh baggete bread, fruit basket, tea and coffee with farmers goat cheese was not enough for the money, you are welcome to ask for something more to your liking. If we have it we will make it.

Security: The hostel provides no way to secure your valuables (like safety deposit boxes that 95% of hostels now do nowdays). I left my private room unlocked to take a quick shower and another guest went into my room and stole 300 Euros! I could have locked my door but it doesn't beget the fact they don't offer any way to secure your valuables. Location: The location is great if you need to take a bus/train but a little farther from the nightlife (40 min walk). Staff: Very nice.

We are very sorry that you have lost your valuables, even more so because you tell me it has happened in my home. If you went to the expense of asking for a private room which has a lockable door, I do not see the reason for having a safe in addition. Prehaps I might suggest that if you are not going to be around that you use your key and lock the door and do not keep your passport and money in the top of your knapsack as you showed me they were. It would make things fast and easy for any theif.

The big plus is that this place is close to transport links - 200m or so from the main trian station and about 1km from one of the places to catch the bus to the airport. It sisn't that close to the central "Old Town." Breakfast was inlcuded, some very doughly pikelets and cold coffee. My room wasn't lockaable, although there was someone on duty most of the time. It has wifi and one bathroom. The rooms are filled with family photos and memorabilia. It was quiet at night.

Thanks for your travellers review. We are not in the city centre but we are in walking distance of the centre. I am 50years old and I walk it regularly. There is alternatively a series of buses or the subway. This is our home and no one should ever be expected to be served cold anything! If you found things on the table too cold, please ask for them to be made fresh. Breakfast is served from 9 to 11and when there are fewer guests late arrivals may find things cooled off. Sorry.

Had a few issues with water coming through the ceiling the first night, so moved rooms to the top floor which was boiling hot. But the breakfast was nice, hosts fantastic and good location. We used the metro to get around the city from the nearby Gara de Nord. It's also in a beautiful old house.

Sorry about the water! Our renovation upstairs was missing a shower cabin and the lovely couple up there decided to have a family shower and flooded the floor. OOps!

Extremly nice staff and breakfast. The toilets could be cleanlier and there could be more space in the kitchen.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and to let us know where we can afford to improve. Although the kitchen area is small you are right in suggesting some space savers. I hope to add some IKea suggestions to make things neater and a little more kitchen like. The boys recently added a new Inox sink which is a lot easier to keep clean, Now if I can just convince people not to brush their teeth in it! Hope you will be able to come and see the improvements

Very nice house, very nice familly! Good location, specially if you need to take a train at Gara de Nord. Deborah and her kids were always ready to help me. She made a reservation to me at a pensiune in Targu Jiu, what helped me a lot. And I cannot forget to mention the delicious breakfast in a very familiar atmosphere :)

I am glad we were able to be a help. Thanks for taking the time to tell us how we did.

Friendly, helpful and English speaking family/staff. Our room needed some ventilation in the romanian summer heat, which made it difficult to get a whole night's rest. The location was great though, easy to reach, just some hundred metres from the main train station. I would recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Bucharest.

Awesome staff and great breakfast!

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was welcoming, helpful and discrete. The breakfast was welcoming, and the atmosphere was superb. One suggestion I have, however, is that you try rewriting the directions (in particular, on foot from Gara de Nord) - I had some difficulties finding the location. I'd recommend avoiding Witting street and going down Dinciu Golescu, into Vespasian, and then into your street. Vespasian is easy to find as the first street after passing the two blocks on Dinescu.

Vila 11 has a lot of character and the people running it are awesome. The restrooms and the dining room area could be a bit cleaner, though.

Thanks for the note. We will try and pay more attention in future. There is always room for improvement.

Good location very near the main railway station. Very helpful owners/staff. The son even lifted my heavy bag upto the third floor..They serve a nice breakfast ! Real value for money !

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. It is useful to have a strong boy in the house now and then.

Poor cleanliness. Staff absent

We do not sit at the reception desk looking like we are employed all day. Our staff lives here! We are on the lowest level of the house 24hours a day/ 7 days a week. This is not a house without an owner. We are a family of 6 and 99% of the time there is at least one person at home. When we go out for the evening, rarely, our housekeeper is here. You may have not been able to find the doorbell, but we are home for our guests.

This is a family run pension very close to the main train station so very accessible to see the city and easy when arriving by train and from airport. Also near bus station for Tulcea buses. The couple speak english as they are Canadian Romanians and are very helpful with travel ideas and assisting with bookings. Good, friendly atmosphere, lovely old furniture and old world charm.

We hope you enjoyed your stay and found our city somewhere worth recommending in your travels. Thank you for taking the time to write about us. Bon Voyage!

For me, there were too many pets and much dust. So I could not stay in that hostel. Perhaps, for somebody else it's OK.

• 1st Sep 2012
  • Russia

We do have a cat and a small dog, however, they are assigned to the back yard and at the most the lobby on cold days. There are NO pets allowed in guest areas! I am sorry if you were not made aware of that. We are always willing to remove anything that places our guests comfort at risk but most of the time it is the guests who let the animals in the house to play with them. We hope you found somewhere comfortable to stay nearby.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7