Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Great hostel in a great safe area. Was lively and we really enjoyed the walking tour of nice, happy hour, the cheap meals, great internet and beer pong! we tried to use the sauna however this was short lived due to the mass amount of used condoms on the floor! staff slightly rude during shifts although one guy(worked on bar,and smoked alot) was great and friendly. rooms good, showers good, gym was lacking but a nice extra. would return!

Happy to read you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that you liked our hostel bar. Our bar is open every night until 2am in the morning, starting with a happy hour from 6pm until 8pm where pints are just 1 euro. Our bar serves food from 7pm too from our menu. It's a great time to meet other guests staying at the hostel. You gave us 4 out of 5 for our facilities. We have extras like the gym you mention and sauna, the table tennis, a movie room, free internet etc. We hope to see you back soon.

The atmosphere of the place was great and the location couldn't have been better. Happy hour every day was excellent and great for meeting people! However, there was a problem with my bed when I arrived, seems like nobody bothered to prepare my bed and then there was a mess as I was given somebody else's bed. But oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. We see you liked our central location right next to the main city square, Place Massena. We also read that you enjoyed our hostel bar. Our bar is open every night until 2am and is a great place to meet other guests. We're not quite sure what happened with the bed you mention. Our guests do not have allocated beds in the dormitory, we let our guests choose there bed from all the free beds in the dorm room. All free beds have the blankets folded at the end of the bed.

Right next to Place Massena, so a great location! Emma, Brett and the rest of the staff were super helpful and great to talk to. The happy hour in the hostel bar was a great way to meet everyone else in the hostel. The breakfast was 4€, so a bit pricey but they had a lot of options other hostels I've been in haven't offered. Overall, I would definitely stay there again

Great to read you liked our hostel. We see you mention our location. Our hostel is only a few minutes walk to the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice. We see you enjoyed the hostel bar too. With prices as low as 1 euro for a pint during happy hour, we think we have the cheapest bar in Nice! And like you say, it's a great way to meet other travelers staying at the hostel and often our staff too. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Nice.

Great location, only 2min walk from the Old Town and beach but reception staff were not very friendly and didn't do much to make me feel welcome.

Thanks for the feedback. We do try and make everyone staying at our hostel feel welcome. It seems we failed in this particular case. We see you liked our central location. As you say, we are just a few minutes walk to the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice. Trains and buses are nearby to our hostel too so our guests can visit places like Cannes, Monaco or villages like Eze village. We hope you come back to stay with us again so you can reevaluate our hostel staff.

When i checked in there were no spare beds in the room. The bathrooms and rooms were old and dirty. My toilet moved i up and im very small. The hostel is extremely expensive for what it was, if i had done my research i would have stayed somewhere else.

Location and facilities were good but wasn't the cleanest

• 6th Jul 2015

You mention that you liked the location and facilities. The hostel has a bar for guests to enjoy. The bar is open from 6pm until 2am. Dinners are available from the bar too. There is a TV room, where guests can watch movies, a table tennis room, secure luggage storage with lockers, 10 computers for free internet, gym and a sauna. Unfortunately it seems the hostel did not meet your cleanliness expectations. All the rooms are cleaned at least once a day, as well as all common areas.

The hostel is in a GREAT location right by the water and has a great common areas and a bar. However, we stayed in a 10 bedroom and it was hot every day and night even though there was supposedly 'air conditioning' on. We truly contemplated sleeping on the rocky beach because it probably would've been more comfortable. Messy Bunk mates didn't help since the cleaner couldn't even walk into the room the 4 nights we were there.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to read that you enjoyed our common areas and our hostel bar. We see you rated us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are right next to the main city center square , Place Massean, and only a few minutes walk to the beach. We will be taking a look at the air conditioning in the room you stayed in and making the necessary repairs.

Great location, really close to the beach and the old town. The free walking tour was great and the bar in the hostel has really good deals on food and drinks. The rooms were very clean and the beds super comfy. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks for the review. Nice to read you enjoyed our city walking tour and out hostel bar. Our bar offers 1 euro beers during happy hour (6pm to 8pm) and dinners from 7pm. Our bar is open until 2am and is a great place to meet other guests staying at the hostel. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers and we hope to see you again.

This place is nice. However my room was horrendous. 12person dorm, one bathroom. The shower was broken an would flood the bathroom. So the floor was constantly wet, and water would flood into the room. Also the roof collapsed ( a section). The breakfast is great value and the walking tour is good value and great guide.

I was really disappointed with my stay. The room I was in had the shower head spray water everywhere and it pooled into our room. I told the staff and they left it. Every day it was a puddle of water under our beds. The staff also tried to put mattress on the floor next to the bed, and they told me that I just had to accept it even though the room I paid for was 12bed not 13. The ceiling in our room collapsed with mould and everyone I spoke to was paying different prices (advertised 25 online)

We are sorry to read the hostel did not meet your expectations.There was a problem with a leaking pipe in the room you mention which caused a ceiling tile to fall down.The leak has now been repaired and the ceiling tile replaced.There was a problem with the shower head you mention and this too has now been replaced and is in full working order once again. With regards to our prices, these may vary depending on the time of booking. Clients can find cheaper prices the more in advance they book.

The hostel has perfect location.Staffs are very hepfull.It is a clean hostel with a typical young hostel atmosphere which is nice.Just one think,we had to move to another room which was in the other,probabl older part of hostel and it cost more but it was not really nice room.So try to get the room in a main building.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very nice team working there, the place is safe and clean, and it's located 2 minutes from Place Massena, so well located!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A mirror in room 212 would be helpful. The keyboards of PC do not work properly. It is cheap to change them. A carpet in the bathrooms or possibility to clean the floor after a shower (to be done by the guests) would be more hygenic. Special rates with parkings would be great. Staff is nice, even too much professional. A smile would be nice.

• 29th Jun 2015

Stayed in a 2 person private with ensuite bathroom and felt like staying in a hotel room. Room had two great beds, nice curtains to block sun, very clean bathroom and tons of space. Some street noise but quiet on our floor which is a huge plus. AC didn't work very well - only downside. Hostel is big so you have access to meeting lots of people. Friendly/kind staff. Great downstairs bar, incredible gym facilities and sauna! Nice breakfast spread and cafe ambiance. Huge bang for your buck!!

this was a good hostel but way over priced. breakfast want included, an extra 3.50 and the gym was a couple of broken pieces of equipment. the rooms were very hot and noisy from the streets at night. it did have very fast internet and a great free walking tour. but in the future I would choose a cheaper hostel as the price didn't warrant what was offered.

Nice to read you thought our hostel was good and that you liked our city walking tour. Due to a large demand from backpackers for a high quality breakfast, we ask for a small charge for our breakfast, in order that we can provide the products requested. Our breakfast offers items like ham, cheese, salami, yogurts, fruits, cereals, eggs, toast, freshly delivery French bakery bread, honey, jam, tea coffee, fruit juices and more.

We were in the 14 person dorm room and the A/C was next to none. People in other rooms said it was the same all over. Very hot in June. Happy hour was strange, when it was over, they dimmed the lights almost like they wanted you to leave, but still friendly and a great time. Super good happy hour!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I stayed for only one day and wished to saty longer! It was amazing! Met people from a lot of countrys just going to the happy hour as soon as i got there. The room was clean, with a good number of beds. The bed really comfortable.

• 27th Jun 2015

I didn't stay long but the facilities were nice. The staff was nice. I had no problems during my stay

Very dirty. Beds are disgusting and old. 50 euro for a bed in a ten bed dorm is crazy!

• 25th Jun 2015

We are sorry to read that the hostel did not meet your expectations. Our prices vary during the year. Our prices are much higher during our busy summer months of July and August than during our quieter winter period.

This place is awesome. Fairly expensive, but that's Nice. Great staff, unbeatable location, and the cheapest beers at happy hour at the bar (€1!). Stay at this hostel, you won't regret it.