Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Awesome place but the staff were a little rude! Best location.

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing staff, great location and cheap beer!

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Great to read you had a good stay in at our hostel. Thanks heaps for the positive review. We hope the rest of your travels are as enjoyable.

The bathrooms were very dirty and so was the kitchen.

Had the best week imaginable, the staff were incredibly friendly, the hostel was close to the beach and had an amazing atmosphere. Thank you for a tremendous week. Will defiantly be coming back

• 9th Jul 2014

This hostel is in a great location, has excellent facilities and has an awesome atmosphere. The hostel staff are friendly and helpful. There are heaps of optional day trips available and a bunch of common areas (including a bar) where it is easy to meet people. I would say this has been my favourite hostel since travelling.

Hostel was great: Roommates were a bit noisy but the staff and the hostel couldnt really do much to help that situation

In a 5 bed dorm there was a good sized locker for each person but only 2 power points to charge electronics. Good bar and common area. Pretty good location. Walking distance to everything

One of the best hostels that I stayed on during my trip! Great location, 5 minutes from the beach and the promenade! They had a good breakfast with lots of cereals. The dorms were clean and had great lockers. I lived in a 14 female dorm and we hade two showers and a bathroom inside our dorm, it was more than expected! The staff were also really helpful and could recommened their favourite places in Nice. Also, I forgot my ID-card there and they sent it back home. So grateful for that! Stay here!

Added security in the dorms and the entrance was welcomed improvement since the last time I stayed at St. Exupery Hostel. most disappointed that the elevator was out of service and that self-catering option has been discontinued but the chef is doing a terrific job offering a varied menu for nominal cost. The cleanup area and dishwashing station is a bottleneck. It needs to be bigger and better organized if the guests are expected to properly wash their dishes, stack them before sterilize

Bit dissapointing to be honest considering the price we paid. No doubt the location was amazing, but our room had no air conditioning, was small, wifi did not work in our room and the noise from the traffic was really really loud. The common area was very comfortable though.

• 6th Jul 2014

Great atmosphere. It's really easy to meet people at the bar and in the dorms. The bar is pretty cheap and does some good deals. The beds are super comfy. I slept comfortably in the 16 bed dorm which was conveniently broken up into two rooms. Location also great. Really close to the beach, market, stores, and only 10min walk from the station.

I reserved Villa Saint Exupery in NIce after looking at all the excellent reviews from other travellers. The location of the hostel is excellent, close to the old town and the port, with many cafes and shops all within walking distance. However, the hostel itself was extremely dirty. I reserved a three bed dorm with two friends, the shower was filled with hair, there was mold all over the ceiling of the bathroom and the room felt damp and had a stale smell. It is also far overpriced.

Great hostel and loved happy hour at the bar however the only downside really was that it was 40 euro for a room of 13 people and not very much space.

Good vibe in the hostel, the included breakfast and tea/ coffee facilities were excellent. Free internet on the computers and free wifi in the rooms. The beds were comfortable. Great location and easy to find. The biggest issue was the bathroom (filthy) and the fact that there was only two power points in the 5 bed dorm, one of them being broken and at the entrance to the room. Overall would recommend to other budget travellers.

• 2nd Jul 2014

VSE is a fairly good hostel, with nice comfy beds. However it's a bit pokey, lots of stairs doors and corridors before you get to your room - one of the hand railings on the stairs almost broke when I tried to put some weight on it as I climbed the stairs. I stayed in a Dorm with around 12 other girls, the bathroom has poor design, would be much better if shower and toilet are separate with that amount of girls. They need to supply bath mats as the tiles are extremely slippery and dangerous!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • tammyrose
  • New Zealand

Really great vibe in this place! Easy to meet people in the bar. Enjoyed the lounge room where you could chill and watch movies. Close to the markets and a short walk to the beach. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was divided into two sections so there was quite a lot of space. Bigger dorm was definitely better than our 4 bed dorm that we'd stayed in the first night - hardly room to move! Only other negative thing was checking in - it took forever!

Location is fantastic, staff are extremely helpful and have great recommendations for activites/restaurants. We stayed in one of the private rooms, which are next door from the dorms, so I can't really comment about the dorm facilities. Complementary breakfast in the morning was really convenient. The atmosphere at the bar at night was fun too. Bring your own towel.

• 30th Jun 2014

We had a great experience at the Villa Saint-Exupery Beach! The location couldn't haven't been more perfect; easy to find, and easy access to the beach and the old town. The hostel itself was really nice. We enjoyed the free breakfast, and the free towels, beach mats and parasols. The staff was really nice and proactively seeked to give us advice on where to go and what to do. We ate dinner at the hostel and, while it was cheap, the food could've been slightly better. Overall, a lovely stay.

• 30th Jun 2014

There's no fridge they say there is but it's locked by the chef so if he's not around you can't get your food. I paid for a female dorm and some girls brought boys home that weren't even staying in the hostel pretty bad security and then when we went downstairs to report it the guy at the desk said as long as they aren't making noise there's nothing he can do so he left the men lying on the floor of my female dorm extremely disappointed! The dinner was also terrible paid for steak got chicken?

Whole place reeked of paint! Gave me headache while I slept.