Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Great location--close to the beach and to Old Town. I liked the modern feel of the hostel (electronic keys). One thing that surprised me is that there were only 3 lockers in my 4-bed room--I was lucky enough to get one, but I would have been really frustrated if I didn't as it says its available on the website. I am not sure how common this is. There were also a good amount of social activities offered and it was nice that a bar is attached.

A very good location, convenient services (towels, luggage room) and staff was nice but the value for money is very poor. I cannot understand how you can make people pay 40EUR for a 6 beds dorm. The room was not really clean and not really modern. The infrastructure is quite old and the common room is not really nice. I didn't have enough time to test the bar and the breakfast but it looked fine.

• 17th Sep 2014

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Our rates change according to the season and availability. During the summer the rates are high, as are the rates for the weekend when you stayed with us. During the week, our rates are much lower as are our rates during the winter. Our winter time rates are very low, from 17 euros per person, and guests staying with us during this time benefit from all the same great services.

This is a decent hostel in a convenient location. The front-desk staff gave good sightseeing tips. However, the staff were unhelpful/unsympathetic when I told them my bag of toiletries had been stolen (I had left it on my bed, thinking no one would steal it). They only said "you would be surprised what people steal in hostels", and after I was pushy they reluctantly agreed to ask the cleaning staff if they happened to have seen it. Having my stuff stolen was made worse by their attitude!

Really friendly people and central location! The best place to stay to explore the city. :)

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou very much for taking the time to post you review of the hostel and you opinion of it. We value all our customer feedback, and particularly like to read those reviews from people who enjoyed their stay.

Location of the Hostel was awesome, just round the corner from Place Massena. The room has been cleaned everyday. I think the ceiling was at some points mouldy. Lights for each bed would be nice. Free breakfast and you can have convenient food in the evenings (which is otherwise a little difficult in Nice). Staff was helpful :) thank you!

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou very much for taking the time to write your review of our hostel. We are interested in your opinions and we read every review we receive. We particularly like to read positive comments, as we understand that guest having had a bad experience are more motivated to leave us a review than those who have had a good experience like yourself. So thanks once again, we really appreciate your kind words.

The location of the hostel was absolutely fabulous. It's located right in the centre of town and very close to the beach. They have their own bar with very cheap drinks and a lively atmosphere. The rooms and bathrooms are pretty clean. They have a free gym and sauna and offer a range of activities. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful and offered us advice on things to do during our stay. The breakfast is good as well. Overall, good experience and I would highly recommend it.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • India

Greetings from Villa st Exupery. Thanks for taking time out and making the effort to write your opinion of our hostel. It seems that you had a good time while staying at our hostel, after all, that's what it's all about. Thanks for recommending us to other travellers too. We know that fellow travellers recommendations are the best recommendations we can get. Take care, hope you stay with us again next time you find yourself in Nice.

Good hostel. Really loved the location. Would recommend.

Greetings from Villa st Exupery. Brilliant that you are recommending us to other travellers. Great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We see you particularly liked our location. All the main sights in Nice are within easy walking distance from our hostel, and we are only 30 seconds walk to the nearest tram stop for those wanting to use public transport to visit areas around and outside the city.

The location is good in nice. Very close to the important sightseeing places and beach and have great transport connection. Staff is also helpful. Breakfast is also good and the breakfast lady is nice. But it is very very dirty.....i saw they have someone do cleaning everyday..but i am not so sure they did not do the good job or the problem of the guests. Facilities are very very old and damaged. I am not so sure i will come back.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great location. A busy hostel, constant checking in and outs. The stored luggage area has lockers--good cuz anyone can get the 2 keys to the storage area. The hotel offers dinner so you can't use the kitchen from 6:30 - 10PM--and there is no fridge for hostelers' use (but they did store my yogurts in the bar fridge!). The 12 bed female dorm had 1 small window, was dirty, did have lockers but no tables or chairs, and only 1 bathroom (toilet, basin & shower in one room) which was wet and dirty.

Really good hostel. Staff are mostly Australians which is good. Common room is a nice place. Internet is good as long as you dont have too many people on at the same time!

Very good hostel straight at the beach front. Just book it. You won't regret it!

• 10th Sep 2014

This hostel is in a great location which is easy to reach from central station. We stayed here for 2 nights as part of an interrailing trip. My critisisms would be that, as there were 16 people sharing one bathroom, you would often have to wait a very long time for a shower/loo/to brush your teeth. The bathroom also got quite dirty very quickly. The hostel does offer a great free breakfast, though, which is a definite positive.

Food on offer was really not up to standard. The lift was out of order so luggage had to be carried up 3/4 flights of stairs. The bathroom was really dirty when we arrived, to the point where you would rather stick it out and not shower. Our view was a bunch of drain pipes so smelly we could not open the windows (luckily there was an aircon). The reception area is so small and when we checked in it was almost an elbow fight about who's turn it was next because there was no system for check in.

Best hostel in Nice really, close to everything and you meet a lot of fun people. The bar offers food and happyhour drinks which is awesome, i had a blast! If i'm in Nice again definitely coming back

The staff were a bit rude, the 2 different buildings and keys were an inconvenience. The bar and bar staff were good. Wish there was towels and soap for the people staying in private rooms at least

• 7th Sep 2014

would be nice to have clean bed sheets and toilets!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • India

About 10 minute walk from the beach and the old town. Free umbrella/parasol on first come, first serve basis. Wifi worked great. The staff on a personal level were great but on a professional level they weren't exactly the best. The beds were super comfy and the hostel bar is great with great happy hour deals. I would stay here again.

Great great location, so close to the beach and the old town. Breakfast is just toast and cereal but it's fine as a start to the day. Bar isn't too bad. Some of the shower areas could do with a bit of an update but otherwise all is fine.

The staff is super nice but not as knowledgeable as I would have hoped. The beds are super comfy. The atmosphere of the bar is good-1 euro beers from 6-7, that's pretty awesome. You can also grab a beach mat and parasol for free from the front desk. I'd stay here again.

We stayed in a three bed suite with ensuite. Decent room, comfy bed, but bathroom could use a remodel particularly the bathtub.

• 4th Sep 2014