Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

This was by far the most unclean and disappointing hostel that I have stayed in. I spent the 1st night in a 10 bed dorm and the following 2 nights in a twin room. On the website the rooms looked comfortable especially the twin room looked like hotel quality. When I arrived there was building work in progress on every floor which meant that the lift did not work and there was constant noise. The beds were barely made and sheets had stains! Bathroom was disgusting and not of an acceptable standand

Dear guest. The construction that you mention was to install a brand new lift to improve the hostel for guests. The construction is now finished, there is no more noise and the new lift is operational. We are sorry to read that the hostel cleanliness did not meet your expectations. We make every effort to ensure the rooms are of an acceptable standard of cleanliness. Our in house laundry washers all sheets, all rooms are cleaned everyday and inspected afterwards.

Friendly staff, fun travelers. Felt safe and clean, with the exception of mold growing in the shower in the bathroom of the women's three-bed dorm. Electricity went out due to a storm and a staffer led me to my room by lamplight!

Dear guest. Thanks for the feedback. The problem of mold you mentioned in the room has been dealt with and cleaned. Thanks for the comments about our staff and levels of safety and cleanliness.As you mentioned, there was a storm that made the electricity go out and meant the hostel was without power for the evening and the morning after. Everything has been fixed now though and all is back to normal. No more taking guests to their rooms by lamplight.

Stayed here for 3 nights and unfortunately they were doing construction out the front of the hostel and the first night I was showering and the power went off because of the construction which i wasn't told could possibly happen. Therefore I'm in the shower and its dark cant see a thing this happened several times I was in the bathroom even the next morning. They did upgrade me in the beginning but I think that was because of what was happening. Apart from that was in a good location.

Dear guest. The electrical problems you mention were unforeseen and were due to a storm which hit the coast and the city of Nice. The hostel was not responsible for the power cuts. Several other streets in the city were also affected during this time. The French electricity company carried out construction out front of the hostel as you mentioned and the problem has now been fixed. There is no more construction and the hostel has power.

Hostel was too overcrowded and constant problems with facilities. Money not well spent - breakfast is an additional cost which I think should be included in the whole room fee. It is however a clean hostel but I've had much better for much less. Do some research before choosing this one.

We have been traveling for 3weeks all around Europe & stayed at several hostels, this was the worst & most expensive. Our bathroom wasn't clean, & after they had been inside & cleaned, it looked exactly the same. One morning we also discovered that the floor was full of ants. I removed my bag from the floor & even more ants showed up. It was raining during another night & in the morning the corridor was filled with water & it was raining inside & the power was out. Mold inside the hostel.

Dear client. We are sorry to read the hostel did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately there was a large storm which hit the city of Nice during your stay which blew the hatch on the roof open, causing rain water to come inside. A manager came to the hostel as quick as possible and closed it. The water was then cleaned up by our staff. The storm also caused a black out, not just in the hostel, but in other streets in the city. This meant the hostel was without electricity for some time.

The room was clean and nice. Very good value for the money.

Very lively, youthful atmosphere. Gym was a little lacklustre but was good enough for my personal requirements. Good central location and very helpful staff. Includes good food for cheap prices. Biggest issue was with the cleanliness of the dorm floors as walking barefoot for 1 minute would cover your entire sole in dirt. I believe they need to clean their mops regularly.

Great place to stay. It has a large bar downstairs which is very social. They also have a small food menu which makes eating in Nice cheaper. Bathroom was a bit run down. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great activities. Just a bit expensive on some nights.

Good place to stay. Clean bathroom every day! I really enjoy the happy hours at the bar in the hostel it's good place to meet some people! Employee are really helpful and nice! I really enjoy my stay. Close to beach, train station, shopping and Old Nice.

Very friendly staff, the position is quite good and easy to find. The only thing that didn't correspond (at least to us) was the towels, which we didn't had it. In overall opinion is a worth place.

• 6th Sep 2015

place was OK, work being done so improving lots

Lovely hostel I really enjoyed my stay here and the facilities were great! I highly recommend this place!

As far as hostels go, this is the one on your trip that is what you end up deeming the necessary evil that sullies your opinion of the entire city that you're visiting. Having stayed in a room in an adjacent building that they appear to have commandeered, the room was poorly ventilated and as such, the shower and bathroom were infested with mould and that dank smell that you expect from a sewer. The staff at the front counter were the nonchalant type that were there out of obligation. Nice beach

Very commercial hostel, they charge you for everything you wanna use other than your bed and bathroom. And quite expensive. The location is excellent and very clean rooms. No A/C so really hot. And a really big hostel, some days quite crowded.

Great location!!! So close to everything. Good atmosphere and the breakfast was good. They even have a gym. Our room got quite hot, but the showers and wifi work well. Would defs stay again

Really cool hostel, decent rooms/bathrooms. Can walk everywhere. Good place to meet people if travelling alone. Good bar etc. Felt nice and safe too. Had everything you'd expect. Loved my stay, wish I could've stayed longer!

Great location, so close to the beach, the main square, shopping, grocery- only 15 mins walking from train station. Clean. cool they had a gym area though it was a bit dim and sketchy. No kitchen was a bummer, but good lockers and even the luggage room had lockers for you to leave your stuff which was a nice touch. Pretty average time all around, if they try to put you in 519 tho try to avoid it. 4 bed female dorm with seriously awful bathroom and broken ac with small window.

The staff checked us in and provided no other information. They didn't even tell us about their own bar. We were near a shift change and the man who was supposed to help us clearly just wanted to finish work. The hostel is in a great spot and the bar provides a great place to meet people with cheap drinks.

Great location will be great when the renos are finshed we were looking forward to sitting on the roof top

The staff at reception were extremely unhelpful. They stick to their terms and don't consider going the extra mile. They charge a €3 if you pay electronically... and off course, nobody tells you upfront to bring cash.

Dear guest, we are very sorry to see that you were not satisfied with our services. We will make sure that the receptionists will pass all necessary information more clearly so there are no misunderstandings. Hopefully you had a good stay in Nice. Wishing you all the best. VSE Team