Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

I was here 3 nights, met some really cool people and enjoyed the best of the location. The beach is literally less than a 10 minute walk which is perfect. The walking tour offered here too was so worth doing, it was refreshing because it was entertaining as well as informative and free!! My room was fine, although sharing one bathroom between 12 girls was a bit tricky. There are more facilities in the basement which was OK but not ideal. Happy hour means euro beers! Stock up!

Great Location. cool bar room with happy hour - Perfect for partypeople. Breakfast not included. I would totally recommend this hostel.

Our bathroom was disgusting when we got there and its kinda spendy for a hostel, but the staff was very nice and helpful! If youre trying to party, this is the place to be!

You have rated the hostel 4 out of 5 for ambiance. The hostel bar is where the party ambiance is created. The bar in the hostel is open everyday from 6pm until 2am at night. It's a great place to meet other travelers staying at the hostel. Unfortunately it seems the hostel did not meet your cleanliness expectations. All rooms are cleaned at least once everyday. Rooms are checked after to make sure no room has been missed.It is possible the bathroom had been used after the staff had cleaned.

Great hostel. Helpful staff. Very secure. Bring a fan as tye rooms are warm. No air conditioning or fans

• 14th Jul 2015

You have rated the staff 5 out of 5. The staff are always around to help guests plan their day trips and give guests the lowdown on all the best beaches and places to visit on the French Riviera. Villa staff take guests on a free city walking tour too. You have rated the hostel location 5 out of 5. The Villa is right next to the main city square, Place Massean. Just a few minutes walk to the beach. We hope to see you again sometime in the future. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

A little on the expensive side for s traveller. But good location!

• 14th Jul 2015

We see you have rated the hostel 5 out of 5 for location. The hostel is right next to the main city center square, Place Massena, and just a few minutes walk to the beach. The 17th century old town and fruit and flower market of Nice are within a few minutes walk from the hostel. You mention the prices. The prices change according to the season, with the higher prices being in summer during the busy periods. During the quieter months of winter, the prices are very low.

We loved the place, it was all great, we only suggest that you include breakfast and expand the hours of kitchen use next time!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Awesome hostel. Has great facilities and a cool bar where it's super easy to meet people. The beds in our 10 bed mixed room were seriously so comfortable. Wish we could've stayed longer!

Great to read you liked the hostel bar. The bar begins at 6pm in the evening with happy hour until 8pm and pints for just 1 euro, cocktails 4 euros. The bar is open until 2am and, as you mention, is a great place to meet other people staying at the hostel. You have given top marks for the location of the hostel. The hostel is located right next to the main city center square called Place Massena. The beach is within a few minutes walk. We hope you return to stay at the hostel again in the future

Great location! Lots to do around the hostal. Amazing staff! I left two necklaces at this hostal and they are going to send them to my house! Great place/staff.

• 12th Jul 2015

You have given full marks for the location of the hostel. The Villa is right next to the main city center square, Place Massena. The beach is just a few minutes walk away. All transport is nearby too, so guests can easily visit places outside the city like Monaco, Cannes, St Tropez and more.

I loved my stay at this hostel. A great location, only 2 train stops or 10 min walking distance from the train station. It is a five min walk away from the beach and old town where you can enjoy some delicious food. I would definatly recommend this hostel. I am a solo traveler and i have never felt more safe in a hostel than in here. Staff also very friendly.

Great to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our central location next to the main city square, Place Massena. We see you rated us 5 out of 5 for our staff. Our staff are always around to help our guests with planning their days out and to give them the lowdown on all the best places to visit on the French Riviera. We hope you enjoy your next destination as much as you did Nice and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Great hostel in a great safe area. Was lively and we really enjoyed the walking tour of nice, happy hour, the cheap meals, great internet and beer pong! we tried to use the sauna however this was short lived due to the mass amount of used condoms on the floor! staff slightly rude during shifts although one guy(worked on bar,and smoked alot) was great and friendly. rooms good, showers good, gym was lacking but a nice extra. would return!

Happy to read you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and that you liked our hostel bar. Our bar is open every night until 2am in the morning, starting with a happy hour from 6pm until 8pm where pints are just 1 euro. Our bar serves food from 7pm too from our menu. It's a great time to meet other guests staying at the hostel. You gave us 4 out of 5 for our facilities. We have extras like the gym you mention and sauna, the table tennis, a movie room, free internet etc. We hope to see you back soon.

The atmosphere of the place was great and the location couldn't have been better. Happy hour every day was excellent and great for meeting people! However, there was a problem with my bed when I arrived, seems like nobody bothered to prepare my bed and then there was a mess as I was given somebody else's bed. But oh well.

Thanks for the feedback. We see you liked our central location right next to the main city square, Place Massena. We also read that you enjoyed our hostel bar. Our bar is open every night until 2am and is a great place to meet other guests. We're not quite sure what happened with the bed you mention. Our guests do not have allocated beds in the dormitory, we let our guests choose there bed from all the free beds in the dorm room. All free beds have the blankets folded at the end of the bed.

Right next to Place Massena, so a great location! Emma, Brett and the rest of the staff were super helpful and great to talk to. The happy hour in the hostel bar was a great way to meet everyone else in the hostel. The breakfast was 4€, so a bit pricey but they had a lot of options other hostels I've been in haven't offered. Overall, I would definitely stay there again

Great to read you liked our hostel. We see you mention our location. Our hostel is only a few minutes walk to the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice. We see you enjoyed the hostel bar too. With prices as low as 1 euro for a pint during happy hour, we think we have the cheapest bar in Nice! And like you say, it's a great way to meet other travelers staying at the hostel and often our staff too. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Nice.

Great location, only 2min walk from the Old Town and beach but reception staff were not very friendly and didn't do much to make me feel welcome.

Thanks for the feedback. We do try and make everyone staying at our hostel feel welcome. It seems we failed in this particular case. We see you liked our central location. As you say, we are just a few minutes walk to the beach and the 17th century old town of Nice. Trains and buses are nearby to our hostel too so our guests can visit places like Cannes, Monaco or villages like Eze village. We hope you come back to stay with us again so you can reevaluate our hostel staff.

When i checked in there were no spare beds in the room. The bathrooms and rooms were old and dirty. My toilet moved i up and im very small. The hostel is extremely expensive for what it was, if i had done my research i would have stayed somewhere else.

Location and facilities were good but wasn't the cleanest

• 6th Jul 2015

You mention that you liked the location and facilities. The hostel has a bar for guests to enjoy. The bar is open from 6pm until 2am. Dinners are available from the bar too. There is a TV room, where guests can watch movies, a table tennis room, secure luggage storage with lockers, 10 computers for free internet, gym and a sauna. Unfortunately it seems the hostel did not meet your cleanliness expectations. All the rooms are cleaned at least once a day, as well as all common areas.

The hostel is in a GREAT location right by the water and has a great common areas and a bar. However, we stayed in a 10 bedroom and it was hot every day and night even though there was supposedly 'air conditioning' on. We truly contemplated sleeping on the rocky beach because it probably would've been more comfortable. Messy Bunk mates didn't help since the cleaner couldn't even walk into the room the 4 nights we were there.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to read that you enjoyed our common areas and our hostel bar. We see you rated us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are right next to the main city center square , Place Massean, and only a few minutes walk to the beach. We will be taking a look at the air conditioning in the room you stayed in and making the necessary repairs.

Great location, really close to the beach and the old town. The free walking tour was great and the bar in the hostel has really good deals on food and drinks. The rooms were very clean and the beds super comfy. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks for the review. Nice to read you enjoyed our city walking tour and out hostel bar. Our bar offers 1 euro beers during happy hour (6pm to 8pm) and dinners from 7pm. Our bar is open until 2am and is a great place to meet other guests staying at the hostel. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers and we hope to see you again.

This place is nice. However my room was horrendous. 12person dorm, one bathroom. The shower was broken an would flood the bathroom. So the floor was constantly wet, and water would flood into the room. Also the roof collapsed ( a section). The breakfast is great value and the walking tour is good value and great guide.

I was really disappointed with my stay. The room I was in had the shower head spray water everywhere and it pooled into our room. I told the staff and they left it. Every day it was a puddle of water under our beds. The staff also tried to put mattress on the floor next to the bed, and they told me that I just had to accept it even though the room I paid for was 12bed not 13. The ceiling in our room collapsed with mould and everyone I spoke to was paying different prices (advertised 25 online)

We are sorry to read the hostel did not meet your expectations.There was a problem with a leaking pipe in the room you mention which caused a ceiling tile to fall down.The leak has now been repaired and the ceiling tile replaced.There was a problem with the shower head you mention and this too has now been replaced and is in full working order once again. With regards to our prices, these may vary depending on the time of booking. Clients can find cheaper prices the more in advance they book.

The hostel has perfect location.Staffs are very hepfull.It is a clean hostel with a typical young hostel atmosphere which is nice.Just one think,we had to move to another room which was in the other,probabl older part of hostel and it cost more but it was not really nice room.So try to get the room in a main building.

• 30th Jun 2015