Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

The location is perfect! Probably the best hostel in Nice.

Greetings from Villa st Exupery. Thanks for the positive comments. Brilliant tag line for us 'Probably the best hostel in Nice' Enjoy the rest of the journey.

Great hostel in a great location. More expensive but only because it's in Nice. Quite social. Bar is hood and love the common room with movies playing whenever you want.

For the price the private rooms were not up to scratch. The bathroom was not nice and the bedroom was bare-bones.

• 2nd Aug 2014

This is my second stay at VSE and I still think that the atmosphere can't be beat! However, the facilities could be improved a bit. I personally didn't have any problems in my 16 person room. It was clean and I always felt safe, but I heard that some rooms were not up to par and possibly in the middle of construction. It looks like they're updating the hostel (there's a new bar since the last time was there) but the residence area is falling a bit behind.

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Really nice to hear that you are a returning guest and you think the atmosphere at our hostel cannot be beaten. Our bar is alot to do with that. It's open until late (2pm) and has low priced drinks to suite the backpacker budget. In fact, we think it's the cheapest bar in Nice! Our large common areas along with the many cool backpackers who use those areas also helps out too. We hope to see you again next time round.

Good location and well catered for travellers. However, all I will remember from this hostel is the bathroom. Considering it was supposed to cater for 13 females, it was a pathetic use of space; contained the toilet and shower together so everyone had to wait for one person, the shower curtain was mouldy, the water didn't drain well, the cleaning was minimal and it completely let down the whole experience. Nice is a hot destination on the beach, you have to get the bathing facilities right.

• 31st Jul 2014

Excellent atmosphere and facilities. Loved the bar with the happy hour beers and cocktails. Although the menu is simple, the food is great and so quick! The staff were on the whole quite friendly and helpful, although once or twice they seemed to lack knowledge about Nice. My room was spacious and fairly clean, loved that I had a bath as well as a shower....! Walking tour from the hostel was also very good.

Great location. Rooms, bathroom and beds were fine. Bathroom leaked into the room, but that has more to with a**holes who can't use shower curtains. Breakfast is standard. Nothing special, especially considering the price

• 31st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Probably the best hostel i have ever been to! Great Location and awesome atmosphere. We met nice people and had a lot of fun in nice. The staff is really very helpful and friendly. The bar and the little Restaurant is great. They do your laundry for 7€ in less then 24 hours. They help to plan your acactivities during your stay and offer a great walking tour (for free) with a picnic. All in all : We LOVED our stay here, would totally recommend it!

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Thanks for the amazing review and all the positive vibes. All the staff thank you too for the praise. We hope to see you return and stay with us again on your next visit to the beautiful city of Nice!

Great location, thought the rooms would have been nicer considering the price. But I guess you pay for location.

Was only here for one night. The bar down stairs was right under the girls 14 dorm and was a bit annoying but the sound proofing between floors was decent. Had to ask for extra toilet paper for the ensuite but wasn't a hassle at all. A little outside my budget but a nice hostel.

• 27th Jul 2014

Upon our revival the check-in was delayed to 3 p. m. instead of 2 p. m. The locker room was a mess and we had to buy an overpriced lock for 7 Euros. The common rooms were shabby, the common toilets in the basement full of excrement. Our room was a nightmare: It was dark, moist and had a chemical smell (obviously there had been water in the stonework oder mold). What cheek to ask for 120 Euro per night for such a hole! We changed rooms but they were all the same: We left the place.

• 27th Jul 2014

This was one of the best hostels I stayed in. The rooms are super comfortable. The staff is amazing and helpful :) we were supposed to stay 2 nights and stayed 1 week. I think that the hostel had everything to probably be one of the best in europe, but it's missing some little tricks. Mops on shared bathrooms, more activities at the bar and since food is so expensive outside, get a kitchen with some better meals. But everything else was amazing :)

The ONLY thing that made this hostel great were the guests that were staying there. The reception staff were absolutely useless. They sent me to the wrong bus stop, and provided further misinformation (you cannot use your tram ticket to bus to Monaco). Who knows if the coffee in the massive container was freshly brewed in the morning, or the day-before coffee. The gym, non existent.. (hey Hostel people, might as well get rid of it). CANT DRINK IN THE HOSTEL BTW!

Bit pricey but right in the centre and very close to the beach. Staff were helpful and laundry only cost 7 euro. Toilet light wasn't working. Wifi was not that good in the hotel part. Would definitely book here again - heaps of young solo travelers and walking distance to the restaurants and shopping

The hostel was incredibly noisy with sound travelling from the bar area directly into our room into the early hours of the morning.

Paid 100 euro for a private room for 2. The bathroom was in a terrible state, not worked lamps, windows were opaque and could not be opened, old weathered furniture. The room was so humid that it was impossible to dry a wet towel. In the room there were no towels, no hair dryer or even soap. Nevertheless, the location is very convenient, good breakfast.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Russia

Staff were good alright the price was quite high considering how much was not included. I.e: no towel replacement of bed making during the staff, a deposit was required for the towels and ha to wash own dishes for breakfast.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was spacious but dated. Simple breakfast included. Be sure to use the complimentary computers and beach mats!

Great location! And downstairs bar had a good atmosphere, but was quite pricey for such an old hostel. The bathrooms were old and mouldy, and did not get cleaned once by staff in the four days I was there. Also found ants in my room amongst all my clothes.

• 21st Jul 2014

Lift doesn't work! That meant a lot of trickery stairs with a very heavy suitcase!