Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

The hostel was incredibly noisy with sound travelling from the bar area directly into our room into the early hours of the morning.

Paid 100 euro for a private room for 2. The bathroom was in a terrible state, not worked lamps, windows were opaque and could not be opened, old weathered furniture. The room was so humid that it was impossible to dry a wet towel. In the room there were no towels, no hair dryer or even soap. Nevertheless, the location is very convenient, good breakfast.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Russia

Staff were good alright the price was quite high considering how much was not included. I.e: no towel replacement of bed making during the staff, a deposit was required for the towels and ha to wash own dishes for breakfast.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was spacious but dated. Simple breakfast included. Be sure to use the complimentary computers and beach mats!

Great location! And downstairs bar had a good atmosphere, but was quite pricey for such an old hostel. The bathrooms were old and mouldy, and did not get cleaned once by staff in the four days I was there. Also found ants in my room amongst all my clothes.

• 21st Jul 2014

Lift doesn't work! That meant a lot of trickery stairs with a very heavy suitcase!

We stayed here on two different occasions. Once in a two bed private and once in a there bed private. The second stay was much much more comfortable. The first time the window didn't work well and no air came through with poor a/c so was a very hot night. The 2nd time the room was more spacious and the window served it's purpose. Staff are great very helpful and the breakfast in the morning is fine.

Maybe a tad expensive for what you get, but the staff were the most helpful people I've ever come across in any hostel. They offer you a tour on arrival, come around at breakfast to see if you need any help planning your day and are always on hand to offer advice and answer questions. The facilities are pretty good, too - there's a kettle, microwave, coffee machine and computers for general use as well as good wifi, a small basement gym and a bar in the hostel with reasonably priced drinks.

Love the bar

Hotels in the area at the same time for peak season are cheaper than your rates. Rooms are dull , toooooooo basic for the money . The shower and other features of the room are less desirable.

Stayed for two nights and had a really awesome time. The staff are all really friendly and helpful, and the cafe/bar area was really good to get a cheap beer and meet other lodgers. The hostel is in the perfect location right downtown so all the bars and clubs were within a five minute walk. Overall, great place to stay to see Nice and meets tonnes of fellow travellers.

• 18th Jul 2014

Location was incredible and close to everything. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was AMAZING. Cleanliness...I am not sure the two rooms I stayed in were ever cleaned, certainly not the bathrooms. A new shower curtain and some bleach for cleaning are not that hard to come by! There was mold on the curtains and the walls in the bathrooms. Value for money...the hostel is really expensive. I wish it were cleaner for what they charge! Overall it was great though!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The common spaces were comfortable and spacious. The happy hour was excellent and so was the hostel's location. However, the dorm rooms were cramped and the ensuite bathrooms were constantly getting filthy. There seemed not to be enough bathrooms for all of the people in he dorms. Overall, this was a fairly good hostel but I expected better dorm conditions for this price.

Great location - central to most sites

Loved the multiple showers with vanities in the female dorms. Not too many stairs to our dorm, so easier to carry bags. Free brekky always a plus. Generally clean with good vibe.

Dear guest, thank you for your stay at the VSE Beach hostel. We are glad to see that you have liked your stay. We know how important the breakfast is for our guests, therefore we provide reach and free breakfast every day with hot drinks and juices. It is perfect that you appreciated our hard work in keeping the hostel running. We wish you all the best and safe travels. Your Villa Team

My sister and I only stayed one night and are glad that was all. This place was quite dirty and not worth the money we payed, we have stayed in nicer places for less. I personally will not be staying here again

Great stay, great atmosphere at the bar, close to everything, basic rooms etc but everything you need and awesome value for money.

• 13th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your stay with us at VSE Beach and for your top notes. We are happy to see the satisfaction from your stay. Indeed, the location is very good and our prices are very cheap, especially for the bar and restaurant. We hope you had a good time in Nice and hopefully see you again in the future! Your Villa Team

Stayed in a 12 person dorm the bathroom was filthy and we had no toilet paper for 24 hours (not for lack of asking!). Looks much better on their website than it is in reality - it's way overpriced for the level of service and facilities.

Great Staff and Breakfast. I very liked the clanliness of my room and that the hostel itself had a bar. I also very liked that you can book excursions in the hostel and that they really want to help you, if you have a problem or a question.

Dear guest, thank you for your stay and for your comment. We are glad to see that you liked our hostel and service. Our staff is always on top of everything and very friendly. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again in Nice. Your Villa Team

Awesome location and I loved the downstairs bar!

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us at the VSE Beach and for your notes. We are glad that you liked our bar and the communal area. We hope you had good further travels and that you will come back to Nice again. Your Villa Team