Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Good vibe in the hostel, the included breakfast and tea/ coffee facilities were excellent. Free internet on the computers and free wifi in the rooms. The beds were comfortable. Great location and easy to find. The biggest issue was the bathroom (filthy) and the fact that there was only two power points in the 5 bed dorm, one of them being broken and at the entrance to the room. Overall would recommend to other budget travellers.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your stay with us and for your very good notes. We can see that you have enjoyed our hostel and the services, free breakfast, free coffee, tea and our location. Thank you for the suggestion about the power points, we will do our best to improve. The cleaning team is working on all of the rooms every day, however it is quite hard to maintain them cleam in dorms. We will keep an eye on those things. Thank you. We wish you all the best! Your Villa Team

VSE is a fairly good hostel, with nice comfy beds. However it's a bit pokey, lots of stairs doors and corridors before you get to your room - one of the hand railings on the stairs almost broke when I tried to put some weight on it as I climbed the stairs. I stayed in a Dorm with around 12 other girls, the bathroom has poor design, would be much better if shower and toilet are separate with that amount of girls. They need to supply bath mats as the tiles are extremely slippery and dangerous!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • tammyrose
  • New Zealand

Dear guest, thank you for your stay in the hostel and for your feedback. We are always looking for improvements; therefore comments from our guests help us a lot. We had fixed the staircase railing and put some bath mats. We hope you had a good time in Nice. Wishing you all the best! Your Villa Team

Really great vibe in this place! Easy to meet people in the bar. Enjoyed the lounge room where you could chill and watch movies. Close to the markets and a short walk to the beach. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was divided into two sections so there was quite a lot of space. Bigger dorm was definitely better than our 4 bed dorm that we'd stayed in the first night - hardly room to move! Only other negative thing was checking in - it took forever!

Location is fantastic, staff are extremely helpful and have great recommendations for activites/restaurants. We stayed in one of the private rooms, which are next door from the dorms, so I can't really comment about the dorm facilities. Complementary breakfast in the morning was really convenient. The atmosphere at the bar at night was fun too. Bring your own towel.

• 30th Jun 2014

We had a great experience at the Villa Saint-Exupery Beach! The location couldn't haven't been more perfect; easy to find, and easy access to the beach and the old town. The hostel itself was really nice. We enjoyed the free breakfast, and the free towels, beach mats and parasols. The staff was really nice and proactively seeked to give us advice on where to go and what to do. We ate dinner at the hostel and, while it was cheap, the food could've been slightly better. Overall, a lovely stay.

• 30th Jun 2014

There's no fridge they say there is but it's locked by the chef so if he's not around you can't get your food. I paid for a female dorm and some girls brought boys home that weren't even staying in the hostel pretty bad security and then when we went downstairs to report it the guy at the desk said as long as they aren't making noise there's nothing he can do so he left the men lying on the floor of my female dorm extremely disappointed! The dinner was also terrible paid for steak got chicken?

Whole place reeked of paint! Gave me headache while I slept.

Great location in Nice right alongside the old part of the city, the main shopping street and beach area. Facilities were fine in the 16 bed dorm, the room was split in half so essentially it is smaller numbers in there then you think. Only one toilet/shower in the room but there is plenty downstairs to speed things up if traveling in a group. Bar downstairs isn't expensive and is a good way to meet others, watch sport or unwind. Staff are happy to help out if asked.

Amazing location--close to the beach and easy access to public transit. Only downside--I asked about the party bus to Monaco that they mention on HostelWorld, but it doesn't exist according to the staff.

We paid €80 for a private room with ensuite, which was run down with the mouldiest shower I've ever seen. The receptionist simply pointed us in the direction that our room was in the building 2 doors down. At the time of booking it was told dinner was included but when we asked she said this was no longer offered which was the only reason we were happy to pay so much for the room! Air con in room didn't work, kitchen/eating area very unclean. Would not stay here again.

Great hostel in a great location! Showers and bathroom were cleaned regularly, though bathroom did start to smell after a few days (total of 5 nights with 13 people sharing a bathroom)..Overall cleanliness was very good, breakfast was minimal, unless you really like cereal, in which case it was amazing. Staff were very helpful and informative. Only downside was that a good night's sleep was difficult with the noise and light (curtain didn't keep much out).

• 25th Jun 2014

Great location... Helpful staff

The location of the hostel is great- only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful beach, to the markets and a lot of great resturaunts busy with tourists on holidays. My friend and I were in a 5 bed mixed dorm. The rooms were a bit depressing as they had no windows with natural lighting, minimal ventilation and thin walls so you could hear whatever was going on in bathroom. The dinner and happy hour made for good value for money. And staff were always friendly and helpful!

Nice hostel.Bit pricey.I staff member not so nice.Mad u cant use laser card up to 30e.Also have 2 leave passport to reception.What if i forgot about it.My bathroom door catch inside nearly left me locked in but i got out.Food a bit cold at the bar but good price.Happy hour good.

There is a kitchen but it is used by the chef from 6-10pm FYI. Also no fridge. You are in a perfect location though. Perfectly safe area. No too noisy.

the staff very abrupt and rude, bathroom was filthy and absolutely no ventilation so the smell was horrible and hot. I was supposed to stay two nites but left first thing next morning after booking other accommodation

Nasty rooms, the room doesn't even have an air conditioner, the fan has a venting tube through the window so the window can't be closed, it's smelly and I was bitten by bugs. Then we requested to change to another room, which is also nasty and noisy, so I just left and booked another hotel

Great bar atmosphere and good cheap drinks. Free walking tour is a must! A lot of information. Only a couple of downsides, bathrooms weren´t very clean and our 10-bed shared dorm only had one tiny little bin. Hostel staff were hit and miss, some friendly, others seemed quite blunt.

Great location. Big dorms, but there are additional washrooms in the basement for when you're waiting. Lots of stairs to climb, but exercise is good for you (except when you sprained your toe like I did). They could use more staff to deal with the high volume of check-ins/-outs. Too expensive.

The hostel was great! Great atmosphere and a fantastic location!! The free walking tour was a brilliant way to find out about nice and Santiago was a fantastic tour guide. The room in which I stayed was clean and the temperature was nice and cool.