Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

Great location in Nice right alongside the old part of the city, the main shopping street and beach area. Facilities were fine in the 16 bed dorm, the room was split in half so essentially it is smaller numbers in there then you think. Only one toilet/shower in the room but there is plenty downstairs to speed things up if traveling in a group. Bar downstairs isn't expensive and is a good way to meet others, watch sport or unwind. Staff are happy to help out if asked.

Amazing location--close to the beach and easy access to public transit. Only downside--I asked about the party bus to Monaco that they mention on HostelWorld, but it doesn't exist according to the staff.

We paid €80 for a private room with ensuite, which was run down with the mouldiest shower I've ever seen. The receptionist simply pointed us in the direction that our room was in the building 2 doors down. At the time of booking it was told dinner was included but when we asked she said this was no longer offered which was the only reason we were happy to pay so much for the room! Air con in room didn't work, kitchen/eating area very unclean. Would not stay here again.

Great hostel in a great location! Showers and bathroom were cleaned regularly, though bathroom did start to smell after a few days (total of 5 nights with 13 people sharing a bathroom)..Overall cleanliness was very good, breakfast was minimal, unless you really like cereal, in which case it was amazing. Staff were very helpful and informative. Only downside was that a good night's sleep was difficult with the noise and light (curtain didn't keep much out).

• 25th Jun 2014

Great location... Helpful staff

The location of the hostel is great- only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful beach, to the markets and a lot of great resturaunts busy with tourists on holidays. My friend and I were in a 5 bed mixed dorm. The rooms were a bit depressing as they had no windows with natural lighting, minimal ventilation and thin walls so you could hear whatever was going on in bathroom. The dinner and happy hour made for good value for money. And staff were always friendly and helpful!

Nice hostel.Bit pricey.I staff member not so nice.Mad u cant use laser card up to 30e.Also have 2 leave passport to reception.What if i forgot about it.My bathroom door catch inside nearly left me locked in but i got out.Food a bit cold at the bar but good price.Happy hour good.

There is a kitchen but it is used by the chef from 6-10pm FYI. Also no fridge. You are in a perfect location though. Perfectly safe area. No too noisy.

the staff very abrupt and rude, bathroom was filthy and absolutely no ventilation so the smell was horrible and hot. I was supposed to stay two nites but left first thing next morning after booking other accommodation

Nasty rooms, the room doesn't even have an air conditioner, the fan has a venting tube through the window so the window can't be closed, it's smelly and I was bitten by bugs. Then we requested to change to another room, which is also nasty and noisy, so I just left and booked another hotel

Great bar atmosphere and good cheap drinks. Free walking tour is a must! A lot of information. Only a couple of downsides, bathrooms weren´t very clean and our 10-bed shared dorm only had one tiny little bin. Hostel staff were hit and miss, some friendly, others seemed quite blunt.

Great location. Big dorms, but there are additional washrooms in the basement for when you're waiting. Lots of stairs to climb, but exercise is good for you (except when you sprained your toe like I did). They could use more staff to deal with the high volume of check-ins/-outs. Too expensive.

The hostel was great! Great atmosphere and a fantastic location!! The free walking tour was a brilliant way to find out about nice and Santiago was a fantastic tour guide. The room in which I stayed was clean and the temperature was nice and cool.

Really nice hostel with a great location. 1min walking from the main place of Nice and less than 5min walking from the beach. The hostel includes every facilities backpackers need. The hostel proposes meals everyday which is good and an excellent bar with happy hour! Excellent cocktails for cheap prices. My little negative point was the welcoming on the arrival which was a bit unfriendly and a bit messy when everbody check-in in the same time. As soon as chek-in done, I had a really nice stay!

Probably the most professional and well organized hostel I have stayed in in Europe (out of over 30 I've stayed at). Really liked the towel deposit system and laundry service. Keep it up!

Very good hostel, near to Lafaiette galeries, close to bus stop. The bar is funny and the food is good. The staff is good, but they must speak local language too and be more nice, they speak english well.

I arrived in the morning and left at nearly midnight the next day but the hostel let me use the lockers and the showers so I had a great time there despite the one night stay. Very centrally located and fantastic staff (for the most part)!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel! Staff throughout our visit from check-in to bar and food service to checkout were exceptional. Room was clean. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Was a fantastic experience once again ! Always good atmosphere at the bar and the common area is very large which makes it fun and easy to meet people! Close to the beach and very central . Great stay , stayed two nights.

Really close to the beach! They have lovely staff that helped us through the France rail strike (long story!) and great activities to go on. A bit busy sometimes as it is a big hostel and very popular, also needs more plugs in certain rooms (16 bed room had a plug for everyone but 6 bed had 2 plugs in the whole room..) overall a good hostel!