Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

I liked how close to public transportation and the beach I was, but sharing one bathroom with 9 other women when that space isn't being cleaned on a regular basis is very uncomfortable. Most of this is attributed to the lack of care amongst bunk mates, but they only cleaned it every other day, which made the situation worse.

• 19th Mar 2015

Really good hostel. Fantastic facilities. Really friendly staff. Happy hour at bar. Amazing laundry service. Would dedinitely stay again.

My first hostel experience in order to visit my "Travelling daughter". Pleasantly surprised , staff on arrival superb. Good value breakfast, value drinks . Thank you

• 15th Mar 2015

Very nice beds. Very helpful staff at reception.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

All in all a decent hotel for a night's stay, however the discotheque immediately below was pretty annoying with the pounding music until 4 AM. We also weren't too thrilled with the hair left in the sink or the stains on the towels either. However, we got there well before check in time and the guys at the desk made sure our room would be prepped ahead of time. So that was lovely!

• 7th Mar 2015

We appreciate the comments written regarding our staff as we see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our staff. We have a nice team of people at Villa St Exupery who are always on hand to help our guests out where possible. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location too. We are ideally located right next to the main city square Place Massena. All the main sights in Nice are within minutes walking distance from our hostel and the nearest tram stop is just 2 minutes walk from our entrance.

I had such a great experience at Villa Saint Exupery that I don't know where to begin. This was by far the best hostel I've EVER stayed at. It's also the only hostel where the staff truly became my friends. Everyone who ran the tours & the bar were always extremely kind and friendly. Merle in particular talked to me my first morning while I was eating breakfast and it made all the difference. Everything was clean and I felt beyond safe. Thank you everyone for making my trip absolutely amazing!!!

• 6th Mar 2015

It seems, after reading such a resounding review, that you really experienced what Villa St Exupery is all about. We have a nice friendly team of staff at our hostel who try to get to know our guests. We always have staff members around at breakfast time helping people to plan their day, answer any questions and are just getting to know the people staying in our hostel.We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for security. We have electronic key card access to the hostel, CCTV cameras and night security.

Only on electricity plug for a dorm of 5 people is way to little. No separate lights at each bed, only one big light that wakes up the whole room.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Nice place, the bar is not as popular as it looks in the photos, no beers on draught, but still it was better than no bar. Great location, very near to the beach and the Main Street. Good place overall.

We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are just next to the main city square Place Massena and only 2 minutes walk from the beach. We see you mention our bar.During the winter period our occupancy is much lower than in our busy high season, so we have less people in the bar during this time. During summer however, our guests are sure to find a lively bar full of young backpackers everynight. Our bar offers a low priced food menu and duriing happy hour (6-8pm) a pint for just 1 euro!

I thought this hostel needs a serious facelift. Bathroom was not up to standard. The main kitchen was out of date and to small for purpose. There is work going on but money needs to be spent to up date the building. There also seems to be confusion on the free breakfast.

We see you gave us 4 out of 5 for our location. We are right next to the main city square Place Massena and within minutes walk from the 17th century old town of Nice. It's a nice walk to get to the beach from our hostel. Just a few minutes walk through the main city square. All of our bathrooms are being renovated over the winter period. We also have cooking facilities available to our guests, aswell as an in house chef who prepares low priced dinners which can be bought from our bar.

The staff was very friendly but the rooms especially the bathrooms and the kitchen have been very dirty :-(

• 16th Feb 2015

We see you gave us 4 out of 5 for our staff and atmosphere. It's nice to read you enjoyed meeting our staff and spending time at the hostel. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. We are within easy walking distance of all the main sights in Nice, and are also close to the train station and bus stops in order to visit the places of interest around Nice. We'll keep a close watch on the cleaning standards in the rooms.

I did like my stay here the beds were so comfortable so that was a bit of a god send after some of the beds I have been in and the laundry service was really good. I didn't have breafast but the bar was good and the hostel was pretty close to most of the things I wanted to see.

Nice to read you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our memory foam pillows. We often recieve good comments about how comfortable our beds are. We see you liked our laundry service. This is one of many extra services available at our hostel. We have other things like cheap international phone calls, a free city walking tour, free internet and wifi amongst others. You gave us 5 out of 5 for location. We are highly rated for our central location right next to the main city square Place Massena.

One of the best locations you'll find, a lot of walkable sites, great atmosphere, highly recommend

• 13th Feb 2015

It's a pleasure to read you had an enjoyable stay at our hostel. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our location. As you say, we are within walking distance to lots of the main sights in Nice. We see you gave us 4 out of 5 for our staff and 5 out of 5 for our atmosphere. The hostel has large common areas, which include things like a TV room, a bar and table tennis room, so our guests can hang out and meet other travellers. Our beers are pretty cheap too, only 1 euro a pint during happy hour!

We stayed for 2 nights in a double room. The staff are fantastic! They were really friendly and gave us loads of advice and suggestions on what to do and see in the area. The double rooms are quite spacious with en suite bathrooms. The beds and pillows are really comfortable! The street below is pretty noisy but this can't be helped in such a central location! The hotel is right in the center of town. 10 min walk to the markets and old town. 5 mins to the beach. Will stay again!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We see you gave us five out of five for our staff and location. We have a good group of staff here who enjoy meeting our guests and helping them out. We have to admit we are quite proud of our location. We're right next to the main city square, Place Massena, which is only minutes walk to the beach and old Nice, where you'll find all the bars, shops and restaurants. We look forward to meeting you again and wish you a safe journey onward.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »