Villa Saint Exupery Beach Reviews

6 Rue Sacha Guitry, Nice, France

It was off season so 50% of the guests were 50/60 year old frenchmen. I didnt like the atmosphere. The age difference between the guest was to big. staff wasn`t very friendly only one women cared. the facilities were okay. ecpecially the showers downstairs were super. the bathroom in the room was old but okay. everything was clean, but the bunk beds were cheap and shaked everytime someone climed up. breakfast was sweet, no cheese or ham. but many different cereals.

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We see you only gave us 2 out of 5 for atmosphere. We are quiet over winter, as are all other hostels around Europe during winter.We have a great bar however, which in summer is packed full of young backpackers having a great time, particularly on the weekends.Overall, 90% of our guests are young backpackers, and we try and cater for these people the best we can.Starting with €1 beers! Our hostel is completly full everyday over summer and we have a great vibe.

The staff was very nice, it was very clean and we had a good time !

Greeting from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou very much for taking the time to write a review of our hostel. We see you gave us 5 out of 5 for our cleanliness. We work very hard to maintain high standards of cleanliness in our hostel. All rooms are cleaned everyday, all common areas are also cleaned everyday, to ensure our guests remain as comfortable as possible throughout their stay. We are very happy your had a good time in Nice, and maybe we will see you come back again in the future.

To be honest, I've been a little bit disappointed about the cleanliness. Nobody who stays in a hostel expects luxury. So our room (double bed, bath ensuite) was completely ok and the bathroom as well. It just could have been cleaner. We stayed two nights and after the first night we recognized that our bathroom was cleaned - but only because the chambermaid knotted the shower curtain and there was a slight smell of chlorine - but still the same old chalk spots on the tap! You could do better!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. We think your review is a little harsh. We remember you were two girls in a private room. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean upon your arrival. However, during your stay the bathrooms was full of personal items. Particularly around the sink. We ask our staff not to move our guests belongings. All other areas of the bathroom would have been cleaned thoroughly. We work very hard at maintaining high standards of cleanliness.

A quite nice (a bit dirty with mold in the bathrooms, but show me a hostel, that doesn't have mold..)hostel with a very central location. But I actually wouldn't stay there again. They took my drivers license as a deposit and forget to give it back to me. They said that they sent my drivers license via post to my address (and I had to pay 5€ for it, even though it wasn't my fault and they didn't even sent it with a tracking id), but it never reached me. So I had to get a new one, 50 € extra!

• 13th Feb 2014

Excellent hostel in a great location. I wish I was able to stay more than one night, because the tour desk looked like it had some good deals.

Really amazing hostel! And will suggest to friends in the future.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou very much for taking the time to write your review of our hostel. We really appreciate the kinds words. It really makes all the hard work worthwhile when we read positive reviews like yours. We offer many thanks for recommending us to other travellers and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the south of France.

Easy walk from the station or even easier tram ride. Stroll down to the beach and main shops. Great prices at the bar (especially during happy hour). Only issue was the bathroom has 2 showers but a communal change area so only 1 person can shower at a time unless you don't mind getting up close and personal...

Awesome place - highly reccomend

Thankyou very much for taking the time to write your review. It makes us really happy to read such positive reviews like yours. All our team work very hard, everyday at the hostel, to ensure we make Villa St Exupery the best it can be for our all guests when they arrive. Recieving kind words like yours really justifies all that hard work. We hope to see you again should you ever return to Nice and the French Riviera.

This hostel is very basic but is ideally situated. The breakfast was poor consisting of stale cereal or toast. Nothing really felt very clean. The carpet in the bedroom was disgusting and would not walk on barefoot. There were toenail clippings! Sheets stained. Would not return.

• 31st Jan 2014

reeting from Villa St Exupery. Thankyou for taking time to write your review. We have recently finished renovations in all our rooms to give them a lighter and cleaner feel. The old carpets are no longer in any of our rooms, and have been replaced with a light, clean wood flooring. We have recently undertaken substantial painting to improve the quality of our hostel. All our rooms are thoroughly cleaned everyday, aswell as all public areas to ensure we maintain a clean and comfortable hostel.

The hostel is close to everything and it is very easy to meet people there. For one hour every night they offers free pasta when you buy a 1euro beer in the bar and everyone is hanging out there. The walking tour that the hostel arranged was very nice. Very friendly and helpful staff. I recommend this hostel!

Thankyou very much for taking time to post your review of our hostel. We don't know too many hostels that provide a free breakfast and free pasta dinner. We're certainly the only hostel in Nice with this kind of service. We are unique too in that we are the only hostel in Nice to offer our guests a free city walking tour, which we see you enjoyed.We are happy to read you had an enjoyable stay and that you liked our hostel. Thankyou for recommeding us to your fellow backpackers!

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »