Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

The room was simple, but it was clean and the bathroom was modern. The location is good for exploring the Gu Lou area, but it's a bit far from West Lake. Staff were busy and many don't speak much English, but they were willing to help (and luckily we are able to speak ok Chinese). Breakfast is decent and pretty good value, but coffee should be a lot stronger -- it was like water :) Overall, we felt comfortable and were happy with our stay. Next time we might consider staying closer to West Lake.

• 12th Apr 2014

Prices exorbitantly jacked up due to the holiday. Overall, little atmosphere, bare bones hostel with so-so breakfast menu and disinterested staff. Not on par with many other hostels in Asia. Perhaps the ideal location makes up for this.

For your frustration we are very sorry. We will continue to improve in future work. Thank you very much for rating.

The toilet on the 2nd floor reeks of urine and it spreads to the entire corridor. The staff were not as helpful as well. Other than that, the place was excellent!

Thank you for your rating, we will continue to improve

Pros: perfect location on a pedestrianised market street! Staff had superb english and went out of their way to be helpful. Twin room was good size with natural light. Cons: construction (although warned on hostel sites & hostel had apology signs everywhere!) started quite early & was very noisy. Due to the construction, there was no cafe/restaurant- nearest one located 100m with Wushanyi patrons receiving a discount! Main cleaning lady was lovely although we became show & tell to other staff!

The common room was freezing when I visited. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay.

Really enjoyed myself there. Best Value-for-money that I have come accross here in China so far. Nice place that is really enjoyable to stay at. The closeness to the old street in Hangzhou makes it a great starting point in Hangzhou

위치도괜찮습니다. 남송도로에있어서 분위기좋고 볼것도많습니다. 서호까지가려면 시간은좀걸립니다. 걸어서 삼십분정도?

• 31st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

감사합니다, 선택 입주 우리 여관, 동시에 감사합니다 원금 여관. 기대 선생님 다시 오세요, 우리 여관!

Unbeatable location in Hefangjie and Wushan area, close to the lake, yet have access to business facilites within walking distance. 6-bed mixed dorm is compact and clean. The distance from reception and common area make it pleasantly quiet.

Staff was great and friendly over Chinese New Year even though I'm sure they wanted to be other places. The location is perfect for a traveler, great restaurants nearby and even get some money off brunch about a block away!

I stayed in the attic room. Shared bathroom was a long corridor and two floors away.

Thank you very much for your evaluation. At the same time, thank you very much for your support, thank you

Rooms are in immaculate condition. Staff are very helpful.

• 25th Jan 2014

location is great and the staff was very supportive when it came to further tripadvise! I really miss places to hang out though. I know that the constructionwork is still going on and it will be great afterwards but for the moment I missed the actual "Hostelfeeling" of meeting others in the lobby. the place itself is really nice and feels comfortable! I enjoyed my stay after all :)

Thank you very much for your evaluation. Unfortunately, the hostel is decorated to end in mid March. By that time, the hostel will have a very good bar. If there is a chance, we very much hope that you come to our hostel again, thank you!

it was a nice hostel, but the hang out area feels like a library and there is no bar! the rooms were very clean and comfortable , the staff was friendly but not very helpful when we asked them to recommend places to go. In general is good if you want a peaceful holiday

Wushangyi hostel very good,staff very friendly, I want to say them all thank you very much !

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Russia

The staff at this hostel were very nice and helpful. The location is great too. A good place to come back to after spending the day enjoying this beautiful city.

Helpful staff. Great location.

Only stayed for one night, but found the hostel had very helpful staff. We stayed in the superior double room, where the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was nice in general. Location is good: a stone's throw from the food street and right in the pedestrian area. Would recommend.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in during my 1 month trip to China.the 4 bed female dorm I stayed in had individual beds with really good mattresses and spacious rooms.There was an NetSuite bathroom as well.Location is excellent just a few minutes walk from Ding An road station and of course loads of eating option as it is on the old pedestrian street.There is a really great common room to hang out as well.

the crews are very friendly. perfect location, just at t end of Nansong yu jie. only 1 km from west lake. everything just good there.

Transport tickets booking, indicvidual lamps in the bedrooms, a little hard to find but it is definitly a good place to stay !