Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

We stayed 1 night in an individual double bed room. The price was cheap as all the hostel in China. Basic small room but even with a cheap price I think they can offer bigger towel for example.... Good location in the old town. The area is lovely even if it's really touristic.. (It's a pedestrian place so you will have to walk 5min to reach the hostel)

• 26th Aug 2014

Not only Hanghzou is beautiful to visit but the general atmosphere between people is excellent. The bar is good, the staff is good, there are projections of films or tv-shows like 'The Voice China' in the evenings. The lights go out pretty early but it wasn't a problem. There is a street food and a sweet shop next to it which offer great tastes. There's also a cinema next to it. All in all, perfect experience for me. Staff effective and helpful.

Stayed at this hostel for 3 nights with husband, daughter (8) and parents (60+). a really nice hostel with good facilities and lovely open lounge/bar area. other reviews complained about the wifi access however we were all able to use our iphones to access the internet from both bar area and our rooms on the third floor. Even managed to get on to facebook using VPN which is always tricky in China. My only real issue with this hostel is our room was next to stair well which was very noisy.

• 21st Aug 2014

Pros: Perfectly placed in a pedestrian area, near to 中山南路 and the drum tower. Lake reachable with a short walk. Staff has good English and is very useful. Cons: Some queues for the shower/batsh. Rooms a little tiny.

This is a good hostel, although for some reason I couldn't sleep. I guess it's because matrasses are quite thin and the place can get loud and busy.

• 14th Aug 2014

It is a beautiful hostel with great staff service, all the people there were really nice, i am really happy of having the experience of being your guest.

Great location! After backpacking through china for 2 months we were appalled to see that the staff had thrown away our laundry bags and when we got our laundry bag a lot was lost, socks and bras were missing. When confronted by this they were rude and even tried to give us someone else's socks! and comments like "does it really matter!?". Their trip information is only in Chinese, so the guy had to translate most of the information (even though we hardly got any information out of it).

Pretty location on pedestrian street, big common space, medium locker size, decent breakfast although a bit pricy. Rooms clean, however in my dorm at one point I came in to find two older guys smoking inside... (that's China sometimes, Hostels aren't just used by travellers :/). Instead of taking their evening bike tour for 30RMB, I recommend just renting a bike for the day (it costs the same!) and explore for yourself. Staff usually cheery and friendly. Soap in washroom often empty or not there at all

Great Hostel and the staff was so nice and helpful. Thanks very much!

A lovely sociable, clean, comfortable hostel. Lovely food amd drinks served and movies on most evenings. Wifi not great by the way. Room of really high standard. Great location, right by the Drum tower. Would definitely stay again.

No working PCs. Staff apparently forgot to send off a postcard as promised. Quite remote from lake.

Lovely place, absolutely wonderful and helpfula staff! Very nice common area to use internet, meet new people and have a beer. I would definately recomend it.

Great hostel in the very beautiful city of Hangzhou. If you are looking for great location, privacy, atmosphere, tidy, clean and very smart accommodation, and very much value for money, than you will not go wrong with this traveller friend hostel. My first choice in Hangzhou. Josh (Australia)

For the price, I have definitely stayed at better hostels during my three weeks in China. On arrival, the girl at reception was not especially friendly. It took her ten minutes to copy my passport and give me the change for the deposit (she was on the phone all the time and her two colleagues preferred to stare into the air). WiFi did not work and the toilet was plucked. After I came back, it was ok. However, WiFi still did not work. You have to put the somewhat stained bedding on yourself.

good hostel, I love it, and staff is very kind, especially yong hua sister. she gives excellent service. she is very lovely.

Awesome hostel! Clean rooms with storage and comfy beds, great location. Staff are friendly and helpful; couldn't ask for anything more.

• 10th Jul 2014

Rooms are good enough and clean but the highlights are the staff (so helpful and friendly) the atmosphere (There were free musical performances at the bar when I was there) and the location (it's right in the middle of a very folkloric and cool area, lots of things to see at night).

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great Location (with a very clear description of how to get to the hostel), within the pedestrian street shopping area. Close to the train station too. Huge lockers are provided in the dormitory.

Great little hostel, pretty close to the subway and in such a quiet and lovely area! Excellent value and a nice communal area downstairs. Would stay here again!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, would stay here again, However I would not eat here-food not that great and saw ants in the kitchen!

« first « Prev 1 2 3