Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

Nice stay.

Thank you for your rating, thank you for your recognition

Pretty good hostel, the only problem I had was when I booked an private room for me and a friend and didn't realize that I booked it on a night that I was booked to stay in the dorm. So I had two rooms booked. They notified me immediately, but didnt want to cancel my dorm room booking. This happened a day before I was to stay in the dorm. That was really annoying.

This is the best hostel that both my sister and I have ever been in our life!

Hard to get informations What, where, wow style. 25 Y for a beer is too expensive... Please, fix your bikes before one kills himself around the city and smile a little bit;)

Thank you for your evaluation, we have repaired bicycles, and the purchase of a new bike.

Location is quite good, a number of things to do within walking distance. West Lake is a short bike ride away and you can rent bikes from the hostel at a very cheap rate. Rooms are average, you can not really expect much from a room with 7 other people but the privates looked much nicer. Food prices are very reasonable and the quality of food is also quite good. Finding the hostel was a bit of an issue, directions they give from the station are rather confusing. But all in all, Good Hostel

Thank you for your evaluation, we will continue our efforts to improve the quality of hostel

When I first arrived, it was before cleaning up the room. (I used the female dorm.) I thought it was nasty, but when I came back from my tour, the room and the bathroom was much cleaner. The only problem I confronted with was the location since it moved to a new place, while the current address on the website has not been updated yet. However, the hostel is located in a great place in terms of nearby places to look around for a walk. It is a bit far from the subway station, though.

Thank you very much your comment, could you provide a Web site address of the error message, so that we can update the information.

good location if you can find it. Really helpful staff, no soap or toilet roll in 8 bed dorm bathroom. bed was abit hard but good value for money.

Dear friends, thank you for your rate. But your score was not good, ask if there are any mistake in our work? If you have any comments, please let us know, thank you!

Returned after being so well received the year before. This year was just as good because of the warm welcome and service from all the staff; room and food was great too! Will heartily recommend... Thanx again everyone!

breakfast not that good. A lot of the things on the menu missing, coffee machine broken,...it happens, just doesn't leave the best impression, especially for the price of the breakfast.

Very clean. Western style toilets. Not always quiet but quiet enough and neighborhood noise is off at night. Mattresses were very soft and they had air conditioning.

This place was ok, decent rooms, nice staff, fairly good location. Just nothing special. I'd be happy to stay again though.

We had a great stay at this hostel, the level of cleanliness is superb, the common area is great - the food at the hostel is pretty cheap and really yummy also. the movie nights are great and a good way to meet new people. good location short walk to the metro, and about a 10min bike ride to west lake (which you can hire at hostel) The staff were so helpful- they helped us catch a taxi to the airport and negotiated price for us as also! would stay again

Lovely little hostel, in a great location to go to the West Lake. Next to a busy street, where you can get good food any time of the day. Would definitely stay again

This hostel was okay. The location was excellent. It was right in the touristy pedestrian area of Hangzhou. When you walk up to the floor with the dorms - you immediately smell bad plumbing. Urinals are located at the top of the stairs. They really stink. The dorm rooms have no external windows - so the smell of the bad plumbing makes its way into the room as well. Lack of windows and bad smell was the primary problem with this hostel. Otherwise it was quite okay!

Disappointed with this place. It is definitely not up to the high standards of all the other yha hostels we have stayed in across China! Chinese guests and staff smoke in the corridors and stairs so the place (including rooms) smell, the staff act either uninterested or incapable if you ask them for help, the bedsheets are weirdly itchy, and its actually pretty pricy for China (especially the food in the bar!) . We planned to stay for 4 nights but left after 2.

This hostel is clean and has a good bar / hang out area. Whilst the staff are friendly, I always had to wait a while to get their attention. Also, the hostel let itself down with very slow wifi. The location is good for the touristy streets of Hangzhou but it's a bit of a walk to the West Lake.

No complaints

Very good Location and great English speaking staff. The bathrooms could be a little cleaner and use a bit more light. Some of them were really dark. But overall very good value for money! I would stay here again!

Really good hostel with an ideal location (situated on one of the most historic streets of Hangzhou, West Lake nearby) and they have their own bike rental service which allows you to explore the beautiful scenery west of West Lake. Rooms were good and clean, big lockers which comes in handy if you have a lot of luggage. Staff was really friendly, and although not all of them talk English there's always somebody who can help you out. Last but not least the food and drinks are high quality.

• 25th Mar 2015

Really great location situated just off the main tourist street of Hangzhou. Also easy walking distance to the West Lake. Bar was available, but the atmosphere was very dead, although we were there in the off season. We had a private room which had air con and a TV. The beds were very hard especially for westerners, which did give us problems sleeping. Good wi-if available in our room. Cleaned well everywhere.