Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

I believe the hostel is overpriced compared to many other hostels in the West Lake area that offer the same amenities and services. Many hostels in the WL area were offering single rooms for the same amount I paid for an 8 person room....on the same travel dates. The location is nice, however, there aren't any convenient stores nearby so it is sometimes necessary to buy the overpriced products at the hostel. Also the bathroom in the room smelled. Having games to play was excellent but no TV.

there was a nice atmosphere, they use rustique colours to give a bit of an old town atmosphere that fits right in with the area around the hostel. downside is that, because of this it also looks a bit old or neglected in some places. rooms are very clean though! We were quite happy there were board games, I quite enjoyed playing Chinese chess with the staff and the breakfast was good :)

Nice stay.

Thank you for your rating, thank you for your recognition

Food in the hostel restaurant was very good, and it's well located for walking to the West Lake. Most other travellers there are Chinese, so it's not great for socialising for Western travellers. Bathrooms were poorly lit and needed to be air conditioned.

Pretty good hostel, the only problem I had was when I booked an private room for me and a friend and didn't realize that I booked it on a night that I was booked to stay in the dorm. So I had two rooms booked. They notified me immediately, but didnt want to cancel my dorm room booking. This happened a day before I was to stay in the dorm. That was really annoying.

This is the best hostel that both my sister and I have ever been in our life!

Hard to get informations What, where, wow style. 25 Y for a beer is too expensive... Please, fix your bikes before one kills himself around the city and smile a little bit;)

Thank you for your evaluation, we have repaired bicycles, and the purchase of a new bike.

Location is quite good, a number of things to do within walking distance. West Lake is a short bike ride away and you can rent bikes from the hostel at a very cheap rate. Rooms are average, you can not really expect much from a room with 7 other people but the privates looked much nicer. Food prices are very reasonable and the quality of food is also quite good. Finding the hostel was a bit of an issue, directions they give from the station are rather confusing. But all in all, Good Hostel

Thank you for your evaluation, we will continue our efforts to improve the quality of hostel

When I first arrived, it was before cleaning up the room. (I used the female dorm.) I thought it was nasty, but when I came back from my tour, the room and the bathroom was much cleaner. The only problem I confronted with was the location since it moved to a new place, while the current address on the website has not been updated yet. However, the hostel is located in a great place in terms of nearby places to look around for a walk. It is a bit far from the subway station, though.

Thank you very much your comment, could you provide a Web site address of the error message, so that we can update the information.

good location if you can find it. Really helpful staff, no soap or toilet roll in 8 bed dorm bathroom. bed was abit hard but good value for money.

Dear friends, thank you for your rate. But your score was not good, ask if there are any mistake in our work? If you have any comments, please let us know, thank you!

Returned after being so well received the year before. This year was just as good because of the warm welcome and service from all the staff; room and food was great too! Will heartily recommend... Thanx again everyone!

breakfast not that good. A lot of the things on the menu missing, coffee machine broken,...it happens, just doesn't leave the best impression, especially for the price of the breakfast.

Very clean. Western style toilets. Not always quiet but quiet enough and neighborhood noise is off at night. Mattresses were very soft and they had air conditioning.

This place was ok, decent rooms, nice staff, fairly good location. Just nothing special. I'd be happy to stay again though.

We had a great stay at this hostel, the level of cleanliness is superb, the common area is great - the food at the hostel is pretty cheap and really yummy also. the movie nights are great and a good way to meet new people. good location short walk to the metro, and about a 10min bike ride to west lake (which you can hire at hostel) The staff were so helpful- they helped us catch a taxi to the airport and negotiated price for us as also! would stay again

Lovely little hostel, in a great location to go to the West Lake. Next to a busy street, where you can get good food any time of the day. Would definitely stay again

This hostel was okay. The location was excellent. It was right in the touristy pedestrian area of Hangzhou. When you walk up to the floor with the dorms - you immediately smell bad plumbing. Urinals are located at the top of the stairs. They really stink. The dorm rooms have no external windows - so the smell of the bad plumbing makes its way into the room as well. Lack of windows and bad smell was the primary problem with this hostel. Otherwise it was quite okay!