Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

Great hostel in the very beautiful city of Hangzhou. If you are looking for great location, privacy, atmosphere, tidy, clean and very smart accommodation, and very much value for money, than you will not go wrong with this traveller friend hostel. My first choice in Hangzhou. Josh (Australia)

• 21st Jul 2014

For the price, I have definitely stayed at better hostels during my three weeks in China. On arrival, the girl at reception was not especially friendly. It took her ten minutes to copy my passport and give me the change for the deposit (she was on the phone all the time and her two colleagues preferred to stare into the air). WiFi did not work and the toilet was plucked. After I came back, it was ok. However, WiFi still did not work. You have to put the somewhat stained bedding on yourself.

• 20th Jul 2014

good hostel, I love it, and staff is very kind, especially yong hua sister. she gives excellent service. she is very lovely.

Awesome hostel! Clean rooms with storage and comfy beds, great location. Staff are friendly and helpful; couldn't ask for anything more.

• 10th Jul 2014

Rooms are good enough and clean but the highlights are the staff (so helpful and friendly) the atmosphere (There were free musical performances at the bar when I was there) and the location (it's right in the middle of a very folkloric and cool area, lots of things to see at night).

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great Location (with a very clear description of how to get to the hostel), within the pedestrian street shopping area. Close to the train station too. Huge lockers are provided in the dormitory.

Great little hostel, pretty close to the subway and in such a quiet and lovely area! Excellent value and a nice communal area downstairs. Would stay here again!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, would stay here again, However I would not eat here-food not that great and saw ants in the kitchen!

Great hostel with a big and beautiful common room. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the saturday night bycicle tour was big fun. The staff really helped me when I got sick and even did the checkout for me, while I was in the hospital. I recomend staying in this hostel for a 100 %!

This hostel was simply excellent. They have given details a lot of attention (such as little shelfes, reading lights and two sockets over each bed, possibility to get a mixed dorm, free drinking water, wifi in the room, a lot of information about the area and whole China available on the walls etc). The bar and breakfast could've been a little bit cheaper, and some parts of the breakfast looked a bit suspicious.

Good location, easy to find. Very nice and clean room, friendly staff. However, staff didn't tell me anything about Hangzhou when I checked-in. This seems to be the case in most Chinese hostels. In other countries they'll tell you how to get around and what you should see. A limited bar selection, only fairly pricey bottled beer. Not very lively, if that's what you're looking for. Generally relaxed, just like Hangzhou.

I really liked the hostel. it has everything you need and a really good location. only con i can think of is that it only had 2 showers. but somehow never had to wait long. so it is ok.

I like this hostel. Nothing wrong with the dorm, comfy beds, although the (really) solid metal lockers make quite a noise when opened and closed by other people at 7am or midnight, but this is better than having poor quality lockers, isn't it? Common area was nice, lots of space to sit and chill. 12rmb beer is nice. Location near the walking streets is good. You'll go to the lake anyway, if you had a hostel near the lake, you might not go to the walking streets. Helpful and cheerful staff too.

Excellent location. Poor wifi signals inside the room. Probably because of we are located at very end of the corridor.

Only problem I have with this hostel is the facilities. Not always clean and some had huge water evacuation issues. Everything else was very good

It's a nice and clean hostel . The reception girls are really helpful . Nice place to stay.

A hostel in China with an actual kitchen - OMG! The staff are also great - very helpful and you can tell they all love working there. It makes for an excellent atmosphere.

u have wonderful staff...full of energy , keen to help ....they are doing the management proud Great

The hostel itself is clean and everything you will need. The staff really needs to work on their ability to give directions to the sights and advice about the attractions. I was never able to get good directions or accurate answers, with the exception of one employee.

I accidentally left some new clothing I'd bought in Hangzhou behind at the hostel. The staff were extremely helpful and posted the items back to me. I don't usually receive such a high level of service in other places, in the past things have just been taken rather than given back. I was very impressed with my stay and the atmosphere of the place and would definitely recommend it again.