Wushanyi International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.22 Mid Zhongshan Street, Hangzhou, China

Really good hostel with an ideal location (situated on one of the most historic streets of Hangzhou, West Lake nearby) and they have their own bike rental service which allows you to explore the beautiful scenery west of West Lake. Rooms were good and clean, big lockers which comes in handy if you have a lot of luggage. Staff was really friendly, and although not all of them talk English there's always somebody who can help you out. Last but not least the food and drinks are high quality.

• 25th Mar 2015

Clean. Big rooms. Hot water was only on at certain times of the day which was a bit annoying. Other than that it was fine. The bar sells Tiger beer. One of the only places in China I've found it. Would stay again

I enjoyed this hostel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant on site had a limited menu, but had several local specialties and good coffee. The beds were very firm and the hot water sometimes limited. The best part is the location right in the middle of the historic shopping and nightlife district and only blocks from West Lake.

Thank you,you are a nice lady,wish we could see you again~!

I highly recommend the helpful, open-minded staff, the location, which is well situated and the welcoming atmosphere.

• 7th Mar 2015

Very good hostel. Clean enough and staffs are helpful. You should walk a little bit from the metro station, but it's located at a very popular street. I really liked this hostel.

I loved Wushanyi! It was in a great location. The staff were very helpful. They were always ready to answer our many questions! I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends!

• 18th Feb 2015

Location of the hostel is really good and the staff is helpfull.

The room is comfortable and clean. The large window with Hangzhou style building style as the view is nice.

The hostel is located in the old town, which is very nice. When we tried to have dinner there, we found out they didnt have what the menu offered and no cold beer (just hot), so we had to find somewhere else to eat. When we were leaving they wanted to bill us for an extra towel that was missing, we guess the cleaning lady messed up because several days have passed and we didnt find it among our things. After discussing for a while they didnt charge us the towel.

Perfect location, good facilities, clean room, overall great experience!

• 24th Jan 2015

A mostly perfect hostel with nothing to detract from it and nothing that really stands out either. Clean, quiet, nice, good location, cheap bike rental, the works. Beers at the restaurant are too expensive and at a constant risk of running out. Reading/common area is wide but weirdly also a bit cluttered, and hasn't got many English books for swapping. Prices are good as well. Would definitely stay again, but then again there are so many hostels in Hangzhou...

Great atmosphere here. The communal area is great; with computers, plenty of charging stations, comfortable seats, computers, a bar and projector which movies play on. The only detractions from the value were that the lobby closes between midnight and early morning and also the wifi did not work in my room. For my travels and needing to post photos and stay connected with people online, it was unfortunate. Otherwise a great experience!!

Great hostel on nearly all accounts. It's clean, comfortable, and the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The beds were quite comfortable too. Located in an cool area with a night market and wide array of restaurants, coffee shops, and souvenir shops, the hostel is also pretty close to the lake (15-20 min walk) and Wushan, a beautiful area of parks/green space. There's a nice sitting area downstairs along with a movie room. It was a terrific value. I'd definitely stay again.

Awesome hostel! One of the best I have stayed at in China.

Great hostel. Recommended.

This hostel is great! Staff are nice and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable. Located in a beautiful street, atmosphere is good though a bit far from metro station. Lots of food around so I never get hungry. It was a very nice stay!

Good location near night market but a little bit far away from the lake (20 min walking). Bathroom could be cleaner and there was no toilet paper. Room was averege (6 mixed). Generally ok, the price is really good!

Very nice staff and helpful

Great hostel with good location, staff very helpful!

perfect location, nothing to complain