Yangtze River International Youth Hostel Reviews

Dock 11, ChaoTian Men Port, Chongqing, China

The staff were very nice and welcoming to my friend and me. We stayed here for 4 days and participates in their Hot Pot Party which was pretty good. We met many other people who stayed in the hostel. Although the hotpot was a bit lacking in meat, it was quite delicious. Only 35RMB! Not the easiest place to spot and a bit of a walk to get to the Metro station due to the hill and the lively area, but if you ask the staff, they will tell you the best route. Also, this hostel is in a great location.

Enjoyed my stay here, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the wifi excellent. Is down a rather long hill though, but it was very interesting looking at life on these steps.

Great hostel in Chongqing. The staff seems to speak actually fluent English, they organize some activities like sightseeing tours and going out to party together - so if you're traveling alone and feel like some company, this hostel makes it easy for you. Warm showers, heating in rooms.

Not that easy to find for the first time but quiet and enjoyable in this mega city. I can always find interesting people to talk with, also the staff are funny and happy.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great hostel. THE place to stay in Chongqing.

• 9th Jan 2016

Really nice place and helpful staff.

The road to metro line station is kinda harsh especially when the weather gets humid. The room is ok with specialized furniture to show local culture. But in some parts of the hostel, it was not so clean. Moreover, it gets very chilly at night since almost all the windows in public areas are open all night along. But I guess I'd still choose here due to good atmosphere and wonderful location.

The staff , and chongqing dishes here are what mkae this place! In truth, the location itslef is abit diffuclt to find once you get off the subway stop ( we got lost a bit). I highly suggest you get someone to write down the address in chinese before you go beacsue you will propabaly have to show it to some locals to find it. Definalty a coll vibe tho- good value for your money- we would stay again.

The shower got sometimes suddenly very hot. I didn't like that. But at least you have hot water 😉 Everything else was very nice and comfortable!

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The staff is really friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and the lounge has a nice atmosphere.

Hostel is in a bit of difficult location but not the end of the world to get anywhere... just be ready for ALOT of public transport/ taxi's.. staff were ultra friendly, we had a little halloween party whilst i was there which was good fun!!! wifi was a little lacking, but, again not the end of the world.

I was content with my stay here. Room was clean and comfortable. I ran into a few small problems, like not being able to be laundry before 4pm and the sole socket in my room not working, but the staff found solutions. The hostel is at the bottom of a steep hill, so is further away from the rest of the city than it looks on the map. I wouldn't bother with Yangtze river cruise the hostel offer. It's hree days of listening to Mandarin played loudly through badly distorting speakers.

Spent less than 24 hours in Chongching but hostel was lively and clean, despite arriving late we were helped to put a load of washing in and to plan Yangtze cruise for next day. I was helped to book and plan the rest of my China travels-couldn't have asked for more! Huge thanks to all the staff 😊

I was extremely impressed! The cost was so low that I was skeptical, but my worries were groundless. The hostel was beautiful inside, very clean, and in a great location. The staff was very helpful in helping us get situated and find things to do in Chongqing. The atmosphere was great too; I even met a guy there and we synced our schedules to Jiuzhaigou and then to Chengdu. Overall, I would definitely recommend Yangtze River International Youth Hostel!

Very friendly staff

Thanks for your high comment, staff will do better and better to make here like home. wish you have a nice trip.

Great place great staff

Thanks for your high comment, wish you have a nice trip in following days!

Awesome hostel perfect for booking a Yangtze River Cruise through their tour desk. Good communal area and breakfast meals. Staff super friendly, rooms clean with small locker. Decent wifi. Only negative is its location as it is out of the central town area and away from the metro. To get to these you have to walk 20 mins up hill!

Thank you for your high comment. To help the guest is our happy thing. Sorry for our lcoation, we make new map, and photos to help the guest go out. wish you enjoy your following trip.

Really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The hostel has a great atmosphere and great views of the Yangtze, especially from the bar area. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They also helped me to organize my three day boat tour to Wuhan.

Thanks for your high comment, Have a nice trip in following days.

nice hostel!Very comfortable hotels, all of which was good, food was delicious, hot pot event worth attending, and cities on foot!!! Everything was great!!!!

• 5th Sep 2015