8.1
Fabulous 944 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 944 Total Reviews
Yangtze River International Youth Hostel Located at Dock 11, ChaoTian Men Port, Chongqing.
China
Chongqing 400010 Dock 11, ChaoTian Men Port
81% 944
29.5596833 106.5882182
    Rooms available

21st Jul 2016

The hostel was located within a ten-minute walk from the pier where we began our Yangtze River Cruise. The "old wall, " cable car and the Huguang Guild Hall are only five minutes walk. We also visited the Arhat Temple and ate a lovely dinner near the Liberation Monument. Don't be put off by the second story entrance. Once inside, the staff is exceedingly helpful. Our private room was immaculate and had a great view of the bridge and skyline. The common area is pleasant and quiet.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
3.1

I have been to many hostels around the world however this place just blew my mind. This hostel is located in a forsaken part of town. You got to trek a hill to get anywhere everywhere. When u lie in ur bed, the first you see is cobwebs. I fear for my health so much that I'd rather forgo my deposit and move elsewhere . Aircon is rationed for unknown reason. Seeing I paid around 10usd per night, I don't appreciate having it rationed during summer. Not when other Chinese hostels don't do it.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

The youth hostel had a buzzing vibe, and the staff were always friendly and very willing to help out. However it fell short in its promise to help book a Yangtze River cruise, as they told us to go to a travel agency down the road. There was also a problem when they called a taxi for my trip to the airport, resulting in no taxi turning up! But these may be one off occurrences. Overall the stay was comfortable, warm, welcoming and practical. A truly great stay in Chongqing!

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th Jul 2016
7.4

This hostel was good for our short stay, nice lobby area, and aircon. The location is close to the docks to catch river cruise. limited places to eat nearby and a steep walk to the city centre. However we enjoyed walking this route to see bustling Chongqing life. Although on the surface the hostel seems pretty clean, I had a cockroach in the shower, dust, cobwebs and insect around my bed. However the staff did allow me to change beds. Staff were helpful some limited english.

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016

For someone trying to travel on a budget this was the ideal place. In terms of facilities it had good internet and hot shows, which is pretty much all I need. The staff and the atmosphere was really the strongest points, they really went out of their way to help me plan what to see and the atmosphere in the hostel in general was very positive and friendly. I even got given a lift the bus shelter when I couldn't find the way, which was above and beyond.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
17th May 2016

Excellent hostel in good location

13th May 2016
8.0

It's good but it's at the bottom of a steap hill which soon gets boring after you've climbed up and down though the narrow lanes once or twice. I ordred breakfast and an hour later nothing came. I literally sat there waiting for an hour and they played on their smart phones. When I asked where my food was they couldn't care less so my life is now one hour shorter because of them. Other than this the girls at reception were quite nice the rest of the time.

8th May 2016
8.0

Great, helpful, fun, and cheerful staff! Dorms a bit cramped but bunk curtains a nice touch. Beautiful architecture and nice Yangtze River views! Wifi almost always a problem. ;-( OK bar/restaurant but the rule against outside drinks is a tad exploitative, since there's little competition in the immediate vicinity, especially at night. Cleaning staff are great but should be instructed to use their "indoor voices" in the morning when people are still sleeping!

29th Apr 2016
4.3

The hostel itself was in a really awkward location and the directions online weren't that helpful. The room was filthy and also very damp, from which I'm now suffering with a cold/flu. Really wouldn't recommend staying here, it's a shame because the staff were really helpful.

6th Apr 2016

Had a relaxing time, the staff were very helpful in organising 3 Gorge Cruise and in advising on what to do and where to go in Chonqing

Thanks for your review,hope you had a great time here!