Fabulous 953 Total Reviews
Fabulous 953 Total Reviews
Yangtze River International Youth Hostel Located at Dock 11, ChaoTian Men Port, Chongqing.
China
Chongqing 400010 Dock 11, ChaoTian Men Port
80% 953
29.5596833 106.5882182
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 41+
28th Jul 2016

Short walk from the cruise terminal. Super helpful and friendly staff. I had a private room which was very comfortable. The building itself has loads of character and has been nicely converted. My only grumble was I booked a tour through the hostel to Dazu which was poor largely consisting of unscheduled stops to sell us various things. However the walking tour of old Chongqing which the hostel does itself was worth the very reasonable price

• England, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2016
8.0

Clean, friendly, peaceful. For the price paid no problem at all. Excellent location for leaving or joining the cruise ships on the river.

Thanks for your good comments,we really hope you have a nice memory in our youth hostel and wish you a good trip

21st Jul 2016

The hostel was located within a ten-minute walk from the pier where we began our Yangtze River Cruise. The "old wall, " cable car and the Huguang Guild Hall are only five minutes walk. We also visited the Arhat Temple and ate a lovely dinner near the Liberation Monument. Don't be put off by the second story entrance. Once inside, the staff is exceedingly helpful. Our private room was immaculate and had a great view of the bridge and skyline. The common area is pleasant and quiet.

We are sooooo happy to know you have a nice experience here and wish you a good trip,welcome back ~~~

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
3.1

I have been to many hostels around the world however this place just blew my mind. This hostel is located in a forsaken part of town. You got to trek a hill to get anywhere everywhere. When u lie in ur bed, the first you see is cobwebs. I fear for my health so much that I'd rather forgo my deposit and move elsewhere . Aircon is rationed for unknown reason. Seeing I paid around 10usd per night, I don't appreciate having it rationed during summer. Not when other Chinese hostels don't do it.

Thanks for your objective comments and we send our apology to you.I am trying to explain,which might make you feel better.The location here actually is good however the terrain in Chong qing is somewhat complicated.For the cobweb things,we must deal with it and it can be better in the future,we feel so sorry for your bad experience.We really want you have a good trip~

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

Hostel staff were very helpful with a good level of English. Especially Jimmy and the girls. Lots of information available on Chongqing and the surrounding area. Building has great architecture.

Thanks for your appreciation,wish you a good memory here and nice trip guy~

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

The youth hostel had a buzzing vibe, and the staff were always friendly and very willing to help out. However it fell short in its promise to help book a Yangtze River cruise, as they told us to go to a travel agency down the road. There was also a problem when they called a taxi for my trip to the airport, resulting in no taxi turning up! But these may be one off occurrences. Overall the stay was comfortable, warm, welcoming and practical. A truly great stay in Chongqing!

Thanks for your objective comments,we are so pleased that we gave you a good experience but at the same time, we are sending our apology with the cruise and Taxi things.We still wish you a good trip

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th Jul 2016
7.4

This hostel was good for our short stay, nice lobby area, and aircon. The location is close to the docks to catch river cruise. limited places to eat nearby and a steep walk to the city centre. However we enjoyed walking this route to see bustling Chongqing life. Although on the surface the hostel seems pretty clean, I had a cockroach in the shower, dust, cobwebs and insect around my bed. However the staff did allow me to change beds. Staff were helpful some limited english.

Thanks for your objective comments.We are trying our best to improve the cleanliness and make it better .Also ,the staff will have a further study on English ,wish you a good trip~

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016

For someone trying to travel on a budget this was the ideal place. In terms of facilities it had good internet and hot shows, which is pretty much all I need. The staff and the atmosphere was really the strongest points, they really went out of their way to help me plan what to see and the atmosphere in the hostel in general was very positive and friendly. I even got given a lift the bus shelter when I couldn't find the way, which was above and beyond.

• New Zealand, Couple, 41+
17th May 2016

Excellent hostel in good location

13th May 2016
8.0

It's good but it's at the bottom of a steap hill which soon gets boring after you've climbed up and down though the narrow lanes once or twice. I ordred breakfast and an hour later nothing came. I literally sat there waiting for an hour and they played on their smart phones. When I asked where my food was they couldn't care less so my life is now one hour shorter because of them. Other than this the girls at reception were quite nice the rest of the time.