Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Best Hostel for your money in Hong Kong. The facilities are good, the staff is friendly, it's a very short (and straight line) distance from the MTR, and the lift is very fast.

• 28th Jul 2015

Hostel was nice and clean, although it's difficult to meet people and socialize, since most people staying are working in HK or staying there for longer. If you're planning on staying in HK for longer, the place has a kitchen, free drinking water and laundry!

Friendly staff, clean and accomodating, will definitely be back nxt time

All the way was awasome when we stayed there.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel covered the basics: weren't robbed, no bed bugs, and it had a bed. That said, we were disappointed in this hostel. When we arrived, we were told that we weren't staying in the main building. That wouldn't have been a big deal, but there was no staff in our place, so when we had questions we had to walk 2 blocks to the main office. The staff was pretty nice, but sometimes they gave incorrect info. Cleanliness was the worst- no housekeeping and there was blood on the mirror!

Location is fantastic; rooms are plain but clean. Value for money is fantastic. Have stayed twice and would stay again!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

In general I was satisfied.. except that no bathroom slippers and mirror.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Very affordable hotel in a secure and good location. 5 mins walk from the MTR station. The room was clean, with hot shower and good wifi connectivity. We were given small rooms but it is to be expected for a budget hotel room in HK. Our ceiling fan was not working, but we didn't need it because the AC kept the room cool. It would've been nice to have toilettries and towels included in the room though. The Filipino staff were nice and informative which is a plus for Filipino tourists like us.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel is in a more residential neighborhood but very close to the MTR. There were some issues with the facilities including a broken toilet in the room. My chief complaint was the lack of lock box access, even though they have enough lockboxs for everyone, I guess the lost some keys to them. I asked every day and I never got one. There is no social space right in the hostel but on a different floor so not the most conducive to meeting people.

This hostel is incredibly difficult to find. They need a sign on the street, or at least a sign on the entrance to the apartment complex. Once you find it though the hostel provided everything I hoped for, although the location is tough.

For 60 US$ p. night we got a 2 by 2m prison cell with dirty bunk beds. It seems like it was a storage room before, since all the other rooms had a certificat on the door. Someone should check room 516 and see if that is legal...

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

We stayed here only for one night in mix dorm. Before fortress hill we stayed in yesinn in causeway bay. Fortress Hill was definitely more quiet but beds a little bit smaller. We took a tram from causeway bay to kings road where yessinn is located and I think the building was pretty easy to find, it was right next to 7eleven. There were some good local places to get food, especially I'f you're interested in local street food. Airport bus leaves almost from right in front of the building.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Located in a less frenetic area of Hong Kong, a 20-30 walk from Victoria Park and Causeway Bay, this hostel is the quieter version of its sister branch in Causeway Bay which is my favourite hostel in all of Hong Kong. A good choice to relax yet still have easy access to all of HK's action, especially being next to the tramline which is astonishingly great value way of traversing and witnessing HK Island.

The TV must use TV cable to get a good quality picture.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I have never had so much stolen at a hostel as I did here. The staff didn't care and defended the thief. Avoid this place.

Unlike last time with dorm bed, this time we booked private room. The private rooms are in different section of the building. More quiet.

It was a great stay! I stayed with my female friend and we looked forward to getting home after a long day out. However, there were problems with my friend's mattress during the second day as she noticed bedbug bites in the morning. They quickly gave us a different room for the night and gave a replacement mattress in the morning. They were also super friendly (receptionist named Nelson) and were kind enough to give suggestions on where to go for an adventure! I would definitely go back!

• 26th May 2015
  • Philippines

Good location. However, the building that we stayed was not good as the main building (for exp: don't have coffee or tea or water ).

• 24th May 2015
  • Vietnam

Sometimes the staff got too loud with themselves and it kinda annoyed me when I need my rest in my room. Apart from that, I don't really have much complaints. I didn't get to meet many people in the hostel because the common room is on the other floor and it's just hard for me to socialize or meet other people.

Would be good to have a safe lock inside the room

• 22nd May 2015