Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great value for money. Only needed place to sleep and freshen up, since we are usually out. Not for people looking for amenities compared to first class accomodation.

• 7th Feb 2016
  • Philippines

I actually did not like my stay here. It's just a place where you can just sleep that's it. There were no common areas where we can hang out and meet other travelers, nor any desktop pc to use for those who did not have laptops with them to work on. On a plus side, the staff were mostly Filipinos who were accommodating enough to show me directions for places to go around the area.

I do not know HongKong so cannot say about value for money.Ithink it would be good to make sure every room area has some eatting utencils chops sticks etc maybe a day or two did not find . I was in Dom maybe I shoud stay in a room next time or put my important stuff with the offic as I go a bit.crazy locking stuff up all the time maybe I am maybe too old for that now .

No heating in room, the bedding was insufficient to keep me warm, and this was a very cold winter. The shower head dribbled, the cistern leaked, and the tap supplying water to the loo also seemed to leak, which all left the bathroom floor constantly wet. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work and, a draft came from the gap around the fan, which was only ameliorated by keeping the bathroom door shut.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

There was no hot shower and heater so we had to make do with cold showers and comforter during a freak cold weather (5° C).

Basic, but had everything we needed for our stay. Great location near the MRT stop so you can easily get around the city. The room was small, but it is Hong Kong! It's located within a residential building so is pretty secure.

good, clean, great

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Overall a good hostel. The room was nice and clean, and we even had a sheared toilet and shower in the room, which was nice! The staff was very friendly, so we enjoyed our stay! :) only downside iOS there is no common area..

All in all we are satisfied with the hostel. One critic point is the toilet. It flushes not well so the "stuff" inside doesn't really disappears and therefore it can smell in the small room.

• 13th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location and comfy and clean, just don't expect too much socializing with other guests outside your room as there is no real common area, but space is tight in HK so who cares.

I have kept coming back for several times. This time the road outside the hostel was under construction, so I couldn't sleep well. No complaint other than that. Clean as usual. Will stay in yesinn next time.

Location wise the hostel is really good, but the hostel itself is really small. The dorm just had enough room to walk between beds. Also there was no lounge/kitchen area to meet with others. The staff could hardly speak basic English too. Probably wouldn't go there again.

The bed clothes are very dirty, even there was blood stain on bedding bag.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Macau

Located far from Central. Our single room was actually a closet with two minuscule beds. I could not fit in the bed (180cm). Very hard to breathe in the room. No windows. No proper common room to meet people and socialize. Not super clean.. The one in Causeway Bay is slightly better... Do not recommend.

Great hostel near the MTR station for a good price! Will definitely stay here again.

Excellent place for a traveler on a budget, Great helpful staff

• 28th Dec 2015

There was no water for flush in the toilet, and we were not informed of that before we moved in. That was very inconvenient. The internet quality was also bad at times.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • India

The location is quite good but the door of the building lobby has a different password from the hostel provided. please update it in the website.

The beds are tiny, and the dorm is very small. I guess it's ok for the price in HK but not such a good feeling to stay in a place like this. The lockers are tiny, so you cannot really put much on them, and I didn't feel safe not locking my valuables. Not a hostal atmosphere as the dorms are divided in different floors not connected to each other so not good to meet people either.

This hotel was a very difficult place to sleep in. The first room we had contained a window to a storeroom. The light was on in the storeroom illuminating our room through the night. No member of staff was able to help us. We moved rooms for the remainder of our stay. Due to the communal facilities there was lots of noise outside of the room at all hours. The worst of which was someone using the communal hairdryer at 2 am directly outside our door. The best part of the hotel was the free wifi.

• 19th Dec 2015