Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very affordable hotel in a secure and good location. 5 mins walk from the MTR station. The room was clean, with hot shower and good wifi connectivity. We were given small rooms but it is to be expected for a budget hotel room in HK. Our ceiling fan was not working, but we didn't need it because the AC kept the room cool. It would've been nice to have toilettries and towels included in the room though. The Filipino staff were nice and informative which is a plus for Filipino tourists like us.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel is in a more residential neighborhood but very close to the MTR. There were some issues with the facilities including a broken toilet in the room. My chief complaint was the lack of lock box access, even though they have enough lockboxs for everyone, I guess the lost some keys to them. I asked every day and I never got one. There is no social space right in the hostel but on a different floor so not the most conducive to meeting people.

For 60 US$ p. night we got a 2 by 2m prison cell with dirty bunk beds. It seems like it was a storage room before, since all the other rooms had a certificat on the door. Someone should check room 516 and see if that is legal...

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

We stayed here only for one night in mix dorm. Before fortress hill we stayed in yesinn in causeway bay. Fortress Hill was definitely more quiet but beds a little bit smaller. We took a tram from causeway bay to kings road where yessinn is located and I think the building was pretty easy to find, it was right next to 7eleven. There were some good local places to get food, especially I'f you're interested in local street food. Airport bus leaves almost from right in front of the building.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Located in a less frenetic area of Hong Kong, a 20-30 walk from Victoria Park and Causeway Bay, this hostel is the quieter version of its sister branch in Causeway Bay which is my favourite hostel in all of Hong Kong. A good choice to relax yet still have easy access to all of HK's action, especially being next to the tramline which is astonishingly great value way of traversing and witnessing HK Island.

The TV must use TV cable to get a good quality picture.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I have never had so much stolen at a hostel as I did here. The staff didn't care and defended the thief. Avoid this place.

Unlike last time with dorm bed, this time we booked private room. The private rooms are in different section of the building. More quiet.

It was a great stay! I stayed with my female friend and we looked forward to getting home after a long day out. However, there were problems with my friend's mattress during the second day as she noticed bedbug bites in the morning. They quickly gave us a different room for the night and gave a replacement mattress in the morning. They were also super friendly (receptionist named Nelson) and were kind enough to give suggestions on where to go for an adventure! I would definitely go back!

• 26th May 2015
  • Philippines

Good location. However, the building that we stayed was not good as the main building (for exp: don't have coffee or tea or water ).

• 24th May 2015
  • Vietnam

Sometimes the staff got too loud with themselves and it kinda annoyed me when I need my rest in my room. Apart from that, I don't really have much complaints. I didn't get to meet many people in the hostel because the common room is on the other floor and it's just hard for me to socialize or meet other people.

Would be good to have a safe lock inside the room

• 22nd May 2015

We had a private twin ensuite, which was actually located in a different building, (albeit closer to the MTR), so we had minimal staff interactions. The secondary location had no 'hang-out area' and so we never saw any of the other guests. Like most places in HK, a little run-down and small, but still functional and appropriately priced. However, their sister hostel in Causeway Bay is definitely nicer.

Everything I read about this place rings true. You're pretty much getting value for the money you pay. I stayed in a single ensuite and was pleasantly surprised. Good location and facilities worked. Safety was not an issue. Would definitely recommend.

• 22nd May 2015

god experience

The location is quite nice, but the hostel has rooms in different layers so you may go down and up stairs. Despite of this, everything's nice and the bed is comfortable that you can't complain too much this price after. I definitely will share with my friends n will stay again if I need to go to HK.

Positive: nice, clean dorms with comfy beds & Close to MRT Station. Negative: kitchen (only used my staff family) is on 9th floor, we stayed on 15th so you always have to go up and down. opens at 10am. there's no common room so you only get to meet the People who stay in your dorm. so hostel Kind of lacks typical hostel atmosphere. wifi is sometimes unstable.

i hope the air circulation could be better, so the bad shoes odor could be lessen.

• 6th May 2015
  • Malaysia

this is a famous hostel, reception at 15th floor, I stayed at 5th floor with super small dom bad, no wifi signal in room, no locker in dom room, common room with kitchen at 9th floor only open form 10am, guest not allow to use their toilet(staff only) in the common room at 9th floor, need to take lift down to ground floor then up again to 15th floor, it may take long time travel in busy hours waiting for lift just for toilet, beside, its ok only for sleeping.

Dear SIR, we're very sorry to hear that! We have common areas in both 5/F, 9/F and 15/F, you can use it any time! Pls feel free talk to us if you have any request, you're a regular guest in our hostel.

The hostel is very secure, everything from a doorman to PIN codes to access the rooms. Fast WiFi, good facilities, there is a curtain attached to the bunk bed providing good privacy. For the price I would recommend this hostel, very easy to access major tourist attractions and the airport bus stops right outside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5