Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great value for the cost, l enjoyed my stay.

My room was good but the stuffs are not so helpful anyway.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Staff aren't very friendly in reception and the rooms are on totally different floors to the main area in some weird apartment block. The beds were super comfy though and the curtain feature was a nice touch of privacy. Fortress Hill is cool too but quiet. You can walk to Causeway bay but if you are looking god more liveliness I would stay at Yessin's causeway hostel. Security wise it wasn't great. There are lockers but we weren't offered a key or anything to use.

A very safe and happy hostel. Kindness and coonsideration shown at all times.

As a few of the other reviews mentioned it proved difficult to find Yesinn, I arrived very late at night and in the rain and had to wander about for half an hour before a local noticed me and showed me where to go. Perhaps a clear sign at the front of the building would help? In terms of the accommodation I had a very pleasant stay and thought it was good VFM and great location. The shower had only 30 seconds of hot water in the morning which wasn't ideal

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Northern Ireland

為了看MAMA頒獎典禮,特地跑去香港,因為做了攻略看到評價不錯就來了。比想像中好,還算乾淨,價格合理。唯一的遺憾是,我3號晚上看完頒獎典禮回到酒店已經4號凌晨了,想洗澡發現熱水沒有,只能用冷水沖涼,冷死了。

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • China

Excellent experience in anyway possible! Cheap, clean, helpful staff, security door, everything!! And you can meet a bunch of cool people

Too nosisy at night. Some peolple cannot stop laughing.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • China

Nelson, one of the receptionists is really accommodating. He understood our needs. When we needed something, he helped us to get what we wanted.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel was great for Hong Kong, in a good location and pretty clean. There was no common room though which made the atmosphere feel a bit cramped.

Well I know it is a Hong Kong but price is a little bit expensive,it is my first time when I had room without a window , everything else ok

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Place is clean, friendly staffs, it would be great if there is a kitchen

Booked a private room that is located in another building near the reception building. Had a nice lounge, small kitchen like corner with microwave and few plates. Place was very clean, although I must say I stayed alone so did not have to share with 7 other people if it were to be full! Pretty happy with everything but staff could smile a little more ;-).

Safe area, great security. Room was a little dingy but for the price it was fair.

• 17th Nov 2014

Took A11 airport bus to Fortress Hill and walked less than 5 mins to Yesinn. Nelson at the desk was helpful and friendly. Room was rather small but acceptable since this is HK. Cleanliness is average. Located in a quaint neighborhood with amenities like supermarkets (Park&Shop, Wellcome), restaurants, bakeries... Will stay here again if the room rate stays reasonable.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

I was in an 8 bed female dorm. It was comfortable and the bathroom was ensuite, but you had to pay to use the security lockers. There was no kitchen but tea and coffee were free and there was a microwave. I would stay there agaiin.

Overall I feel that Yesinn provided sufficient value for money for me to repeat when I'm in Hong Kong again. Location is very good. Get the $300 3 day unlimited MTR pass with two rides on the airport express as you will need it to get anywhere. Plan to take a taxi from Hong Kong station to Yesinn if coming in late at night ($55). Security is not good so check if your door actually locks (mine did not) and use communal safe deposit boxes if available. Overall good value for money.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • India

I was very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of the Staff.

Having been to HK over 20 times, this is one of the better hostels in Hong Kong and I highly recommend it. Anyone who has ever stayed in Chungking, etc. knows how much better Yesinn is. Even though the rooms and facilities could be better, the location and price is great.

Nice and clean hotel, will come back again and recommend to friends !

• 8th Nov 2014