Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Just like my stay in the private room (using a shared bathroom) in this hostel previous few days, the shower water is really cold. I think the heater works but really sucks. I even got a severe headache after 4 days of cold shower. Other than this, this hostel is good, but I won't recommend anyone visit here in the winter.

The hostel is essentially converted office space. So that means the "dormitories" are cramped with eight beds per room. With such a cramped space don't expect much of a social scene, there isn't even common room of any kind. Additionally the staff arn't very friendly to guests and struggle with most situations involving English, which I found surprising in Hong Kong. All in all its not much value for your money, even in a city as expensive as Hong Kong.

This hostel was quite cheap compared to HK prices and finding it was not that difficult despite its location in a housing complex. You can easily take the 40 HKD bus A11 from the airport as they suggest, but I'd suggest to save money and take E11 for 21HKD if you're not in a hurry and don't carry a lot of luggage. E11 goes to the subway station which is one stop away from Fortress hill. The reception is also very friendly and the rooms are nice. Each bed has a curtain for privacy, nice showers!

Shower water isn't hot enough. It should be alright in summer time but unfortunately it's 6 degree Celsius outside when I stayed there. Awful experience taking the coldest shower ever I'm my life.

The bed sheet can be cleaner. I saw some yellow hairs in the exchange bed sheet and quilt cover.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • China

Lady Filipino receptionist was helpful in providing directions to places of interest and often greet guests with a smile. The family room is good for our family with 2 young kids. Lots of eating places nearby.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

We arrived at Yesinn around 11am but we knew that we could not check in. However, when we came back at 2pm, we were given our keys but the room was not cleaned from the last time it was used by a visitor and it was disgusting because we had to leave our bags and go out again but the room was so untidy. It was only cleaned after we left that time. We also had to check-out at 11 am when we left because apparently the "rooms had to be cleaned".

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Sri Lanka

Very limited space but this is the norm for Hong Kong. Not very clean with the bathrooms always looking & feeling dirty whilst the bed sheets often had marks on. No atmosphere whatsoever whilst the staff seemed to do very little. Good location & pretty secure but no locker for big bags.

I live in Shenzhen (in China, one hour north of Hong Kong) and stay here every time I come to Hong Kong. Excellent service. Great location. Lightening fast wifi. Rooms without windows are a bit grim but this is Hong Kong.

Its was a good budget hotel option, didn't really feel like a hostel not the same atmosphere or staff vibe, but I would recommend for a city stay. Thanks

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Staff could have been more polite and accommodating, but they were pretty helpful. Also, more facilities would have been nice.

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Philippines

I was in an private ensuite room. Enough if you are looking for just a place to sleep. Friendly staff. Quite well located (shops, post office, supermarket and metro at 10 min walk max). Clean enough. Would recommend if you are on a tight budget!

No windows in the room that was awful

No atmosphere to speak of. Was good for one night in Hong Kong and good value for money since the standard for hostels in Hong Kong see,some to be quite low at that price range. No common room so difficult to meet other travelers

Very accomodating staff..this is already my 2nd time and would always choose yes inn everytime i go to hongkong..would recommend to friends as well..

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

Rooms were the tiniest I've ever stayed in, but wifi speed was great. Great location, plenty of food and MTR within walking distance.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you very much YESINN..such a convinient,affordable,secure,and in the heart of the city.Staffs were also superb,accomodating and friendly.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

We enjoyed our stay at Yesinn. Staff was very accommodating, the room was very clean and comfortable, internet was fast and the location was great. Rooms are a little small, so might not be great for tall people (especially the bathroom), but over-all we were definitely pleased with our stay. Will definitely come back.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The receptionist let us wait for 15 mins in the reception at 11 pm because he was kept picking up the phone! He could have given us door key the answer phone! What else is that he didn't give me invoice and the lady said we cannot have it the other morning! This is 2nd time I stay here but this time totally sucks! No enough bathroom(just one public one!)not sure if I will go again! 5 of us were feeling not happy!

The beds in the individual rooms are too small for tall people. I had to put the matress on the floor to be able to sleep.

• 5th Nov 2015