Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Good accomandation for two days in Hong Kong. Only drawback, there was a problem with the piping and the smell of urin was unbearable. Off course this is temporarly, but disapointing that they did not tell us, and did not offer us a discount on the room.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Norway

My friend visited the hostel before I came to make sure it is a decent place to stay in. She was shown some pretty nice rooms (like those you find in the photos here). But the day when I checked in, I was brought to another building (5-10 minutes walk from the address given above). I consider this as a mismatch with the description online. We expected to stay in a place with some people around, but there was absolutely no one around in the place I stayed. Plus the building is pretty creepy.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Mongolia

nice and accommodating staff...strong wifi signal... free coffee (3 in 1), tea and cold drinking water...not for vacationers with baby and baby stroller coz hallway is narrow and elevators are small...bed covers were clean but did not smell as fresh as we expected and wanted them to be

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

I have stayed in this hostel for a week. In the same dorm, there was guy who would stayed for a month. The location is good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned every morning. The facilities was small but the price was very good. I would go back.

• 4th Jun 2014

I spent 2 nights there,the location is near perfect which saves me a lot of money as I took a lot of Tram.So happy to meet an US girl.The bed are much larger and soft than what I had lived in Mainland China.Perhaps my location isn't as good as others as there is a beam in the roof so my curtain can't cover myself up and hit my heads couple times.I was afraid of turning my own little lamp at late hours would influence my opposite guy as I can sleep under any circumstance. Word limit had to stop

• 31st May 2014
  • China

There was no restaurant used communally and it was uncomfortable. I wanted to eat the food but there was no place where I will eat.

• 30th May 2014
  • South Korea

Staff was unfriendly and there was a nice place where people can come together

This was an outstanding value for a private room. It was small, as one would expect, but the facilities and low cost more than made up for it. I would absolutely stay here again.

Nice clean room. A note for guests for really shutting the front door should be on the door. Only one-way elevator, but this seems to be the case in Hong Kong in many places. Good air conditioning! TV did not work properly at first, Staff took good care of cleaning.

• 28th May 2014
  • Finland

I would like to complain about the accomodation by this way. We didn't had warm water to shower during the day. They didn't tell is that when we arrived. We complained about it and than the explanation came. They were working on the town gass during the day. All day we had the noise of the workers and there machines, so we could hardly shower or sleep. I think that we should have been giving a discount for this, but we didn't get anything.

• 24th May 2014

香港来说最好的一家青旅了吧!全是外国人呢,除了干净的卫生间,衣架以外,还有可以上网,称体重的地方,还有free postcard~ 很随意的地方,就是遇到了一个超吵人的室友。。。

Overall a really good stay if you're looking for value for money

• 21st May 2014
  • Singapore

My friend and I were staying at D1 which is a 8 bed dorm. The space was limited but was being utilized to its maximum value. Really appreciate the stay and thank you for everything :)

• 18th May 2014
  • Malaysia

I don't mind if no one is at reception when I arrive and am instructed to phone a stated number. However, not everyone has a cellphone or one that is usable in Hong Kong therefore instructions should state "use the phone behind desk" (not visible from in front of desk) which is what I did. Apart from this, the Yesinn was excellent in all respects.

• 17th May 2014

I only stayed here for a night but I would recommend it to others as it is very cheap, clean rooms, secure because all its rooms are equipped with an electronic lock, and most of all because of my hospitable kababayans who are their staff. I bought a noodle as snack from the nearby 7-Eleven but it didn't include a fork or spoon. I asked a Pinoy staff if he could lend me one and he gave me his passcode to the staff's room to use the utensils in their kitchen and I enjoyed my noodles there! Kudos!

• 17th May 2014
  • Philippines

NO HOT WATER for bath I cant speak English and the staff cant speak Chinese Very bad experience

• 16th May 2014

ok,i will come again

• 15th May 2014
  • China

Very small room with not much space for bags/stuff. Pretty impersonal hostel, not very friendly atmosphere.

• 15th May 2014

The airconditioner did not work. The bed was slightly bigger than three quaters, defenately not a double. Although the room was very small, I'm sure this is standard for HK. It is worth spending a little extra for a better experience. We were without hot water for a day as no-one explained how the geiser works. The linnen and shower was not propperly cleaned. There was no atmosphere, no game room or common place where one can meet other travellers. You just get put in a room and that's it.

• 14th May 2014
  • South Africa

Perfect! Hong Kong has many bad hostels, but this one is really good!!! The beds have curtains, a night lamp, so you have your privacy. The internet is good and reliable. And they have a common room with TV and so on. Very close to MTR and Airport bus is directly at the front of the door. Has many supermarkets nearby ...