Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This hostel is great for the price but there are better ones in the area. It's fairly central and easy to get to the main areas of Hong Kong that a traveller would be interested in. I never saw anyone in the common room, which was a shame, but it was on a different floor from all of the rooms and reception and closed at 11pm. I still met some cool people around here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone on an RTW trip or someone on a budget,

basic conditions for a basic price excellent location don't expect to much and you wont be dissapointed

• 11th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

the reason why i gave you so poor point for staffe is becases of Lean(a big lady). every guest i know of is not happy with her attitude. she is not like a sievice person. actually this is not my first time that i am not happy with her service. if you need the case why the guest are not happy,i can give you the actuall cases from the guest i became to know here in Yesinn. she neesds a little bit more polite attitude to guests. i am staying at M51 and i want to stay 1 more month.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

After having stayed at some dodgy hostel the night before this place was perfect! Nice area close to most things in hongkong island, excellent staff and nice and clean rooms. For being hongkong the rooms were also quite large. I stayed in a twin private. The staff upgraded our room from a twin bed shared bathroom to a private ensuite without us asking for no cost! Will definitely come back while in hk. Can't say anything bad about it, maybe a lounge would be nice

Common room on a different floor and locked at night. Lacking atmosphere. Would recommend to stay at other branch in Causeway Bay.

• 4th Jan 2015

Nice affordable place to stay in Hong Kong.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • India

I had 2 nights at Female 8-Bed dorm before moving to private single room due to bed unavailability.t. I moved to the private which is at totally different building, a few blocks away across the street after the new year's eve. The staff was willing to accompany me there. From the common area, I could hear faint sound of other guests in their rooms. The wall is pretty but thin overall, the room is satisfying. Not too small considering HK hostel room is normally compacted. All facilities worked!

Hostel nicely located on Hong Kong island, just 5 min from the MTR in a well secured building. I was in an 8 beds girls room that was clean (and cleaned every day). Each bed has a little curtain which is a nice plus for privacy. The neighborhood is safe and has lots of places to eat out. Staff was nice and helpful. The only thing missing is REAL commun room to meet people. This hostel is not so good if you are traveling to meet others. Commun room was always empty and on another floor.

• 31st Dec 2014

I stayed here for New Years. I booked a bed but got upgraded to a single room in a building across the street from the check-in area. It was great!. The room had a desk, wardrobe and its own mini fridge. The staff was friendly as well and helped me to find some great shops that I would have never found on my own. I will be staying here during my next trip. They really didn't have a lounge area which would have been nice, but they will let you borrow an iPad to surf the next if you need it

I had 2 nights at Female 8-Bed. My bed, Bed number 1 is practically next to the outside bathroom for Mixed dorm I supposed,I could hear the water and drainage sound when I was getting ready to sleep.The silence hour (11.30pm-8.30am) was respected but normally the guests included me woke up early so it was mutual understanding I think. I asked if the staff could print out my Disneyland & Ocean Park tickets and I was charged HK$2 each page later.not a big deal but provide the service details pls.

It is a good place to stay in HK and staff is very nice to help you

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Easy to get to. Clean. I'd definitely recommend it.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Romania

I have stayed here many times because it's always been clean and ok value for money. This time, however, it was horrible! Staff were so unfriendly and directly impolite. Bathroom was never clean, and the 6 person dorm so tiny that there wasn't even enough space for suitcases. Will not stay here again!

Why they haven't fired the Chinese female receptionist (CC), I still don't understand. she's been there for ages cheating customers' money, purposefully giving back 'wrong' changes. Bosses of this hostel, don't pretend you simply didn't know it.

The Chinese female receptionist tried to cheat my money.

some customers do not respect other people's sleep, the staff has nothing to do with it, but it is according to me one of the main problem.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Great value for the cost, l enjoyed my stay.

My room was good but the stuffs are not so helpful anyway.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Staff aren't very friendly in reception and the rooms are on totally different floors to the main area in some weird apartment block. The beds were super comfy though and the curtain feature was a nice touch of privacy. Fortress Hill is cool too but quiet. You can walk to Causeway bay but if you are looking god more liveliness I would stay at Yessin's causeway hostel. Security wise it wasn't great. There are lockers but we weren't offered a key or anything to use.