Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Was a great spot to stay in Hong Kong. Staff were helpful, rooms neat, drinking water available and close to an excellent Hainan Restaurant. MTR walking distance, a little hard to find, but follow the directions sent (next to 7/11) and is OK.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A little difficult to get to when your flight gets in after hours (because you will have to take a cab, even after taking a bus from the airport to HK island). But other than that, the hostel itself was amazing: clean, comfy, excellent facilities, and helpful staff. Would definitely stay her again, and recommend it to others.

This is my second time I stay in this hostel. The price was 30% lower than it was in my last stay. The place is quite clean and tidy. Although it is a low cost hostel it still provides good services and good place to sleep. The location is also convenient. It is easy to get something to eat and drink nearby. It is easy to get to everywhere MTR station is nearby. Overall, it is a good place.

Guys, I had a great stay with you! Every time I come it feels like I'm at home. If I can suggest an improvement, it's probably worth to put a real coffee machine and have more cups available for guests to be able to have a drink whenever they need. Apart from that you are doing a great job and I'm glad to share your address with my fellow travellers

If u like mini, that's good:)

• 26th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Some of the staff was very rude, no "Hello" or "Thanks", instead "What's the matter with you?!" when I had a question. The first bed that I was given was already occupied.

Very small rooms, although I suppose is to be expected in such a busy city. We were in another part of the tower block which was a little annoying as it meant carting bags all the way to one apartment, to check in and then carting the bags all the way to our apartment. Worth noting though, is very close to Fortress Hill subway and tram runs right outside. The small room did make it very easy to spend the whole day out exploring Hong Kong!

I stayed 6 beds dormitory for females. Broadly, facility was fairly good. However, the door for the bathroom is made of opaque glass, so it was uncomfortable whenever I used the toilet.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The room was small but this is normal in HK. I appreciated that the dorm had ensuite bathroom. It's just a bed to sleep not too expensive, don't expect much more.

If central and causeway bay are the places you are going to spend time at, then yes inn will be quite convenient for you but if you are visiting Mongkok and TST then maybe you shall consider other hostels at Mongkok or TST area. But you can find good Dim Sum restaurants around this hostel, there are Tau Heung and Tim Ho Wan nearby. So location wise, it is still okay! On the last night of my stay there, the Wifi was down and it was still not okay the next day so I was kinda annoyed.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Had again a very pleasent stay at Yesinn! Great value for the money! For sure I'll come again...!

Staff was informative and because I had special circumstances, let me check in first. It was clean and not noisy at night....when I go back to HK, I'll definitely stay there again!

• 17th Sep 2014

The people manning the reception are very helpful and friendly. Great first impression! The rooms were clean and sheets acceptably clean. The rooms were very small and could be made more comfortable with more storage space and cleaner floors. The bathroom was okay but occasionally will reek of sewage smell which I suppose flows through the entire building.

• 14th Sep 2014

I stayed in the first YesInn@Causeway Bay before here and I found Fortress Hill to be nicer. Again, no atmosphere, the staff was indifferent and the location is okay as the public transport in HK is really good. I'd advise to choose a hostel in HK based on location and then if you're not happy after one night, move. I would stay here again as it was one of the cheapest in HK but no atmosphere to meet people etc.

So~ kindly staff I recommend to others, yesinn FortressHill

• 9th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The room is quite cramped compared to Causeway YesInn, where I stayed previously. There was hardly room to move around having 6 people in it. No chair, no table. You practically have to sit on your bed once you enter the room. The bathroom is clean and the water dispenser comes in handy.

I'm a teacher who likes to keep within a budget and timetable. I have recommended fortress Hill Hostel to others.

• 1st Sep 2014

I m a frequent visitor and I appreciate Ruel's & CO attention

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

The place is clean and absolutely OK for the hostel. My 3'rd time I stop for a night at this hostel. Staff is really very friendly and helpful.

Cleaning room service to be provided.

• 30th Aug 2014