Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

1) they should have someone watching the luggage for the storage area... 2) the room has some kind of smell, I hope they have more windows for better air quality,

• 6th Jan 2014

Unfortunately, there had been a fire in the building a couple of days before we arrived so our room was no longer available due to the fire. However, they offer us a room at their other location in Kowloon, which we declined because we wanted to be closer to central. The staff was very nice and apologized for the inconvenience (they had also emailed me 2 days prior but I hadnt checked), and they let us use their phone and internet to book at another place.

Dear Kyle, WE would like to thank you for giving us a good review. Once more were very sorry about the incident. THanks alot, Steve

Stayed in a number of hostels in HK and this definitely wasn't one of the better ones. While there was one staff member who was friendly, there wasn't really any redeeming quality of this hostel. While it is out of the hostel's control, the building safety standards are quite poor. There was a fire near the building the night before I got there, and let's just say that I would not have liked to have been in this particular building. I won't be recommending this hostel to my friends.

We were shocked to learn that part of the building was on fire few days before our arrival and yet we were not informed of it. Addition, the management did not inform us during our checked in and we knew it from friends there. A part from that, the luggage storage is less security if you are having late evening flight and plan to leave it there. There is no one to register for you and it is kept at our own risk. Nonetheless I will rate it average as staff is still helpful and polite.

Dear Irene, We would like to thank you for staying in yesinn. Yes, its true there was fire 3 weeks ago but its from the other side of the building. It didnt affect the building were you stayed. Plus, our luggage area has 24 hours surveillance camera for safety. Cheers/Yesinn

Lacks atmosphere. Staff were average. Simply present. Security was okay. Entrance into hostel was not locked as supposed to be for keycard access. Reception didn't answer their cell phone when a guest was attempting to check out early (about 5:30am). Location is average. Main bonus is location on HK Island. Find Causeway Bay YesInn to be better located, have more atmosphere, and security.

Hostel was okay, but you can find better hostels for the same money.

It was your run of the mill average hostel.

The staff were really nice, helping us making local calls to ask information. The blanket was not long enough. I'm 172cm, can't imagine the tall guys.

Originally we booked a room at another Yesinn location, but there was a fire on the same floor. Yesinn staff quickly and flawlessly arraged both transportation and rooms in another of their buildings, so it was all great. Definitely a good place to stay for a short while.

need to clean bedclothes.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

My stay was good. I would like to thank Cici for helping me find detailed places during my stay in hong kong. Very accommodating. Same thing with steve been really helpful, caring not only me but to all of us. I will go back next month Good Job YESINN!

• 27th Dec 2013

This is by far one of my worse traveling experience. I felt extremely deceived by the pictures I saw online. When I entered the room, I thought this is as bad as it can get but I was proven wrong towards the nights that came by. The room was extremely small and the furnitures were old and their toilets were moldly. As my travel period were coming towards winter, my room has 0 heating facilities which resulted in freezing nights. To add salt to the wound, my toilet light did not work!

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

This is our fourth stay in YesInn@Fortress Hill and we always come back because of the accessiblity to all public transport. It's good too because the staff speaks good English. The Wi-Fi available was also good. As well as the facilities for common use. Hopefully phones would be available for all the rooms and TV. The room we stayed in this time did not have TV and phone. Hopefully the fire did not bring that much damage to the hostel. And hopefully better fire protection and escape routes.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Was informed upon arrival that I'll be staying in a different building a few blocks down the road, there was no such information on their website, though. Stayed in an en suite room which was pretty shabby, the cleaner hasn't even thrown away rubbish left by the previous occupant and bathroom was dirty. A member of staff used her key to let herself in while I was in the room, she hasn't even knocked. I'd expect better service for the money they charge.

The staff on the phone was not helpful but the one who escort us to the room was nice and friendly.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Macau

Very welcoming hostel! the reception was very helpful. i would like to conclude that this hostel can be one the best here in hong kong. We all have fun! they have a new place at the 9 floor with entertaining host. Thanks everyone.

• 20th Dec 2013

Warm and cosy!

We were all happy with this accommodation, however, as we had just been to South East Asia it felt slightly overpriced but it was very affordable in comparison to the rest of Hong Kong. It is very difficult to find the reception for this place and google maps does not register the actual reception either, only the actual bedding area. However, the rooms are quite comfortable and the facilities are good also. Very close to the train station and food areas.

The atmosphere and architecture of this establishment was quaint and beautiful- we had several moments of utter transcendental revelation while staying in the room. We found that the showers were very hot and that helped find some kind of sacred moments on a daily basis. This is the best place we have ever stayed in. We also made a lot of friends and never felt suicidal while staying here which tends to happen a lot in other establishments. Thanks so much! LOL!

• 16th Dec 2013

This is my 2nd stay in Yesinn @ Fortress Hill. I love the neighbourhood. Very local and slighty away from the busy Causeway Bay, but still very accessible to Causeway Bay if need. We stayed in a twin room this time, room is small (but we are in HK, so can't expect a big room), but still manageable for us. Room even come with TV! Free drinking water (hot and cold) available 24 hours. Simply love this simple yet friendly hostel. Will be back again when back in HK.