Yesinn @Fortress Hill Reviews

Flat B, 15/F, Front Block, 294 King's Road, Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed 6 beds dormitory for females. Broadly, facility was fairly good. However, the door for the bathroom is made of opaque glass, so it was uncomfortable whenever I used the toilet.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The room was small but this is normal in HK. I appreciated that the dorm had ensuite bathroom. It's just a bed to sleep not too expensive, don't expect much more.

If central and causeway bay are the places you are going to spend time at, then yes inn will be quite convenient for you but if you are visiting Mongkok and TST then maybe you shall consider other hostels at Mongkok or TST area. But you can find good Dim Sum restaurants around this hostel, there are Tau Heung and Tim Ho Wan nearby. So location wise, it is still okay! On the last night of my stay there, the Wifi was down and it was still not okay the next day so I was kinda annoyed.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Had again a very pleasent stay at Yesinn! Great value for the money! For sure I'll come again...!

Staff was informative and because I had special circumstances, let me check in first. It was clean and not noisy at night....when I go back to HK, I'll definitely stay there again!

• 17th Sep 2014

The people manning the reception are very helpful and friendly. Great first impression! The rooms were clean and sheets acceptably clean. The rooms were very small and could be made more comfortable with more storage space and cleaner floors. The bathroom was okay but occasionally will reek of sewage smell which I suppose flows through the entire building.

• 14th Sep 2014

I stayed in the first YesInn@Causeway Bay before here and I found Fortress Hill to be nicer. Again, no atmosphere, the staff was indifferent and the location is okay as the public transport in HK is really good. I'd advise to choose a hostel in HK based on location and then if you're not happy after one night, move. I would stay here again as it was one of the cheapest in HK but no atmosphere to meet people etc.

So~ kindly staff I recommend to others, yesinn FortressHill

• 9th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The room is quite cramped compared to Causeway YesInn, where I stayed previously. There was hardly room to move around having 6 people in it. No chair, no table. You practically have to sit on your bed once you enter the room. The bathroom is clean and the water dispenser comes in handy.

I'm a teacher who likes to keep within a budget and timetable. I have recommended fortress Hill Hostel to others.

• 1st Sep 2014

I m a frequent visitor and I appreciate Ruel's & CO attention

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

The place is clean and absolutely OK for the hostel. My 3'rd time I stop for a night at this hostel. Staff is really very friendly and helpful.

Cleaning room service to be provided.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

smell not so good

• 30th Aug 2014
  • China

Acceptable place to stay, good value for money. Not the best atmosphere but a little more space than in other hostels (so maybe good if you need a little more space for your luggage. Weird wooden planks above the regular floor in the shower which seemed a little mouldy.

We didn't have a lock on our door, for a private room. Also, the cockroach in the hallway didn't help. It was 30 per person, which is a bit expensive for the quality of the hostel, even if a private room.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This place is a little difficult to find since there's no sign saying "Yesinn". It's actually less than 5 mins away from Fortress Hill station, so be on the lookout. This place covers your basic needs (AC, wifi) also not to mention the cleanliness was excellent. The pillows and blankets are super comfy and colorful. Definitely recommend staying here

• 20th Aug 2014

房间稍小,但是毕竟是在香港。交通超级方便

Loved our stay!

Stayed the first couple of nights at a hostel in Chungking Mansions which I wouldn't recommend! This hostel on the other hand was a way better experiance! Is't a bit far away from the action, but you have the MTR next door. Room was clean and small, but it's Hong Kong... Dorm rooms have lockers. Staff seemed nice , no problem there. Would come back.