Yiu Fai Guest House Reviews

Flat E, 5Th/F, 66-70 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

All good. There is no additional comment about this hostel's brightside. All good.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

the cleaning staff stole some shopping from my case i had paid 100 hong kong dollars for

• 15th Jan 2015

Strategic location, just a minute walk to bus stop and MTR station. Overall is very good. However, it is noisy at night as the guest next door talking and chatting loudly at midnight. It is quite annoying as we need a good rest after walking for whole day.

Very loud staff in the morning. They were practically shrieking!

this is definitely a better choice if you are going for cheap on Kowloon side. It is better (and maybe safer?) than the dingy Chungking Mansions a few doors down. If you plan to go to Hong Kong Island side a lot or party out past public transportation hours, however, you will probably be better off staying in a slightly more expensive lodging on the Hong Kong Island side. Taxi ride from Soho clubbing area back to this hostel will be around HKD 70-100 (USD 10-18).

This place is in a great location and definitely better than staying in Chung King Mansion. Most rooms don't have windows but the ones that do are quite nice. We booked a double bed and were given two singles so they moved us to a better bigger room. The hot water was always running out and would take for ever to reheat which meant short showers. They clean the room each day and provide towels and toothpaste which was nice. Atmosphere is non-existent, no common areas, and no pool.

Ok value for the money, nice location. Place very small but I guess this is common in Hong Kong. Staff quite not proficient at English, but they tried their best.

Nothing in kitchen except a micro wave, and a small fridge: nor a place to stand up:no common hall

The excellent thing that I love this hostel is it is really superb near to mtr station. Facilities wise, it has all the basic amenities but the water heater temperature is not so consistent in which is a major drawbacks for me. Security wise, I am not so convinced. Kindly double check the price in yiu fai's website and the price stated in Yiu Fai itself for the entrance ticket to the attractions in Hong Kong. It is different from what it was posted in the website.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Maldives

Very small room. there are no windows at all.

They did not accept a card but only cash even though they had not let me know. Except that, I was satisfied with my stay.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

The Yiu Fai Guest House consists of two sets of rooms - the older accommodation and the more recently renovated rooms. When I booked I was under the impression that the price was for the newer rooms unacceptable - landing with damp patches and over-flowing bins. So I lost my deposit and had to book another room at higher cost in the newer section of building.

• 28th Oct 2014

Less than 10 steps walk to MTR station!!! Famous hong kong cafe is just downstair and convenience store, cafe and etc are all within walking distance.It took me a while to find this place as the building signboard is quite small (but that's hong kong standard), and only first day, after that i can't appreciate enough for the location. Well, it wasn't many stars kind of hostel. but it is what i have paid for, definitely good for sleep and clean yourself up.

Actually they put me on the other Hostel on the 10th floor instead of Yiu Fai Guest House. Location is excellent, near by to the Bus stop from / to Airport They clean the room everyday and change towels

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

Excellent location but no atmosphere. We're placed in another room/guesthouse than what had booked for. Looked very plain and basic and tiny room. Staff didn't know much English which didn't help when trying to pay for bill. Room had everything we need - own bathroom, towels, good wifi and 24/7 security. Lifts were terrible and slow but worked. Tried to spend as little time possible in room and was fine!

before here; i stay Chungking mansion at previous HK visit. Yiu Fai is better and more clean and large than the hostel that i stayed at Chungking. The room is small for world standarts but good for Hongkong and large than some others in HK at same price. and hostel was clean enought. not have any problem. i may and also will again prefer here at my next visit too

The location is very good for that price and its room space is not that small, you can enjoy a clean& tidy environment there. The server there is so nice. In total, it's the place to be for a good price.

Picked this hotel on location alone and this did not dissapoint but upon arrival we found Beds were rock hard , room was very small and air conditioning didn't work very well , we spoke to staff about issues but due to them speaking little to no English they could not help us in anyway and could also give us no information about Hong Kong (places to see/go or book taxis ect ) so unless you are fluent in Cantonese and like sleeping in a prison like room then steer clear !

• 27th Sep 2014

we read that this hostel was hard to find but we found no problem, A21 bus from the airport then get off at stop13, 100yard walk into the hostel and a sign to the 5th floor....the lady was friendly but with no English, but this wasn't a problem, the room was small but everything we needed and clean bathroom/shower....great location for trains and buses and just round the corner from a must see bar, the eye bar!! all in all a great stay in Hong kong...no atmosphere as no common room though.......

Very small room without additional space for our belongings like eg.table. If they do not write about window it means it does not exist in this kind of room, or it exist but it is impossible to open it as there is something like. a holl (i am not able to call it but there is no daylight and fresh air) so you feel like without window.