Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The Hostel was a really nice place. Staff very helful, they managed to put 5 of us in one room even though we made a reservation separetly. 20-minute walk from the city center. Breakfast included.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Great hostel, in a great location. Staff happy to help with any questions and was able to leave by bike in a safe location.

The hostel's room and dorm areas left a bit to be desired; very bare-bones and weren't in the best condition (dimly-lit stairwells and hallways, chipped painted throughout). Internet was essentially unusuable while in our room. Breakfast was standard hostel fare, but at least it was included in hostel cost. Bed sheets we initially received had stains or minor holes in them. Hostel is about 15-20 minute walk from city center. I likely would not stay here on my next visit to Brussels.

Nice and characteristic hostel. The bar inside is very welcoming, the music and the atmosphere are excellent. It's expensive like all the other Brussels hostels, so this is not really an issue of this hostel. The breakfast is remarkable, many things to choose, the coffee is ok.

Sadly I didn't like Brussels at all. Almost got mugged as I walking back to the hostel at 7:30 at night with a friend. Breakfast was average but bed linens sucked. I think you could find better, but Brussels could be a day trip.

Bathroom is out in the courtyard.

I wanted more concents for 6 people. You can walk from North Station but you will walk through not good place, so be careful. Staffs were very nice.People staying there was also nice. Morning was poor. But I liked this hostel.

The staff were really fun and helpful all throughout my stay. The place was also really clean and the 6 bed girls dorm I was in was great! Breakfast was lovely and we definitely had enough to eat (would have liked some fruit though!) and overall this was a great hostel with easy access by tram to the city centre.

• 12th Sep 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Very nice place. The room is clean but a little lacking at the shower as it has no light. However, other facilities are good, kitchen, washing machine, cafe and the staffs are very professionals.

Nothing to complain about really, just be aware of the 11-3 lock out from your rooms, not really a hassle because you generally want to be out exploring the city, but good to know :) nice hostel though!

Big, clean hostel with friendly staff. Funky relaxed music in the downstairs bar, where you can just chill on your own or enjoy a Belgian beer. Great courtyard for summertime.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Van Gogh Youth Hostel! My room was great and clean. It was a bit expensive but unfortunately I only was able to get a 3 bed private room, cause I booked it a bit too late, so I ended up paying more for some extra comfort. The staff was nice, and we're always ready to help. The athmosphere was good too, specially during dinner time, when everyone was together at the kitchen. It is 15/20min walking from the grand place and in general I recommend it to everyone!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Hostel is good but don't expect so much.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Spain

What's the point of having a Hostel if you're going to have a bar 10 meters away from the bedrooms with loud music all night, and drunk people chatting loudly all night right next to the bedroom window? Plus, the rooms were outside, you had to cross the yard in the cold to go to the bathroom. Free lockers on the reception but none on the bedrooms. Location was not bad, staff was ok but not the nicest and sometimes vanished for too long. Definitely too expensive for its value. Not coming back.

It was a good stay, but the problem that some rooms are have outside location and to go to the bathroom or the shower you should go out, and in a rainy or cold weather it will be uncomfortable.

We liked how near it is to the city center and the bar in the common room is also a nice idea. On the other hand, rooms are very simple - they don't have lockers - and bathrooms are "ecofriendly", so showers have an annoying timer. We love hostels, but this one is too functional, it should be more cosy.

The showers weren't good and the rooms had no safes. I was lucky that I had only people I could trust sleeping in my room, otherwise, it would've been difficult...

You have to do check out at 11h, but check in it's at 15h and they give you bed sheet to do your bed, so I don't understand why they need 4h. Staff are friendly but not very smilling, although it's not a problem.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I thought it was a great hostel to stay in. Wasn't too far from downtown or anything, very easy to find from the subway. The bar there had a great selection of beers and they were quite cheap (cash only!!). It wasn't super packed or busy while I was there, but I still made good friends and had an enjoyable time. My biggest complaint is that the man who was cleaning the hostel in the morning was a bit beyond rude, in my opinion.

• 13th Aug 2014

Enjoyable stay at hostel Van Gogh. There was a locker room with swipe card entry to keep our valuables. Very good free breakfast. 4 person room was average-sized. However, only one toilet on each floor and the hostel is a good walk from the city centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7