Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The showers weren't good and the rooms had no safes. I was lucky that I had only people I could trust sleeping in my room, otherwise, it would've been difficult...

You have to do check out at 11h, but check in it's at 15h and they give you bed sheet to do your bed, so I don't understand why they need 4h. Staff are friendly but not very smilling, although it's not a problem.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I thought it was a great hostel to stay in. Wasn't too far from downtown or anything, very easy to find from the subway. The bar there had a great selection of beers and they were quite cheap (cash only!!). It wasn't super packed or busy while I was there, but I still made good friends and had an enjoyable time. My biggest complaint is that the man who was cleaning the hostel in the morning was a bit beyond rude, in my opinion.

• 13th Aug 2014

Enjoyable stay at hostel Van Gogh. There was a locker room with swipe card entry to keep our valuables. Very good free breakfast. 4 person room was average-sized. However, only one toilet on each floor and the hostel is a good walk from the city centre.

Cleaning is not good, especially the bathrooms. But the breakfast is pretty good.

• 9th Aug 2014

I was unimpressed with this hostel, it didn't quite live up to the hype. The shower was hardly working, light bulbs in the washroom were burnt out, outlets didn't work in the room, wifi only worked in the lobby, and the free breakfast was pretty pathetic. Perhaps at one time it was a nice place but it's now dated. Good location though.

Seemed nice I was only passing through though. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 6th Aug 2014

the staff is a very nice person. is a good place.

Overall a good stay. Further from restaurants/attractions than we expected by looking at the map and not knowing brussells before arriving- but had a nice social atmosphere at night and a good kitchen area.

This place was great.

• 4th Aug 2014

A fan in a room with no openable windows would've gone a long way in the middle of summer. We stayed in the three bed loft room, which was quite cool and offered more privacy than other rooms have in the past. Apart from the heat, it was excellent.

Everything you want from a hostel with plenty of people, nice outdoor area and good bar facilities. The ONLY thing missing was being given a bit more direction of what the town has to offer - we were just handed a map and that was it. Personalising the experience to find out what guests like and steering them in the right direction can make all the difference to a stay in a city - particularly one such as Brussels which isn't like the other key points of Europe with obvious attractions.

Great atmosphere and neat set up. Only inconvenience is a weird daily lock out policy of 3 hours

Dirty bathrooms and a bit run down. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good bar with great selection of Belgian beers and cheap!

The only problem that I had it was the location of my room (#5). It was next to the bar and commun area and of course i had problems to sleep until 1 am because of the noise. I think the people should be stay inside of the bar and they can let us to rest well.

Nice hostel because of its atmosphere, but bathrooms were the most disgusting places ever!!!!!

• 26th Jul 2014

I only stayed here one night but from what I can judge it's a pretty average hostel. Not the greatest location although the city centre is still walking distance. There were no lockers in the rooms, wifi very rarely worked, the staff weren't very helpful and the overall atmosphere was pretty dull. It was a good place to stay for 1 night because it is located close to the train station with a nice breakfast included but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer.

Nice hostel! Big common space, quite clean and not too far from the center. Breakfast included, and the staff was helpful!

This hostel wasn't in the best of areas. The kitchen was very gross and the fridge was a bar fridge so forget about keeping anything in it. The showers were disgusting and place in general was unclean. Since we spoke English we felt like out casts and very un welcomed so would not stay here again.

Dorm room was hot with no fan and a window that barely opened. Key cards for doors continually needed to be reset. Bathrooms/showers were small and worn down, but there were plenty per floor. Wifi worked decently. Free breakfast was cereal, toast with ham and cheese, and coffee/tea/juice. Hostel had a decent bar, the option to order food from on-sight cook, and a pool table. Nothing too special, but a decent place and I would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7