Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The hostel was a bit inconvenient as it was in two buildings diagonally opposite each other, with reception and facilities only in one which made for a lot of hassle. There was a good kitchen and bar area, but the lighting in the stairwells and hall ways for the rooms was terrible! apart from that it was an enjoyable stay.

Really loved the place ! I think its perfect, really didn't face any problems at all. Maybe to be extra demanding, I would ask for a better breakfast, but thats it :)

thanks for your comment! We 're working on improving breakfast :)

Rooms look like a prison cell, female at check in desk was very stupid, dorm door doesnt close properly unless tugged strongly, no hot water shower, location in a dodgy area near a red light district. Prepare to walk.

This is absolute bare-bones accommodation. The rooms were clean, but that's about all that can be said for it. Not a central location, a minimal and unappetizing breakfast, and weak wifi. The showers were push-button, giving you about ten seconds of water at a time, and the floors were wet even outside the shower stalls. That being said, for 36 Euro I could get a single room, which would not be possible at any other hostel. Just know what you're getting into!

• 8th Apr 2014

It was a short but fun stay, the room was very big and with big windows, which was quite nice. The breakfast was standard but fine and there were lockers you could store your stuff in for the day (free).

There were two buildings, one they put picture on another site and do not have a pic. The building I stayed in was dirty, had no hot water. hated the hostel, the room was not clean.The receptionists were thick. they close the reception until 3:00 pm.

Staff were so unconcerned .We couldn't find anyone in the reception when we arrived. After a couple of minutes, someone has came who is really sullen. She gave us a couple of bad sheet and sent us to another building which is across the street. And we needed to go to outside with our bed sheets and towels. It was really terrible. Altough our room was for 4 people, we stayed with 5 people. But the cheese in the breakfast was good.

Hello, Thank you for your comment! During the evening there's only one receptionist; That's why sometimes it's possible that you must wait for 5 min. Moreover it is not possible that you stayed with 5 people because you stayed in room #132 which is a 4bed female dorm as you booked... So you shared your room with 2 other girls. Kind regards, Virginie

The hostel is next to the nice bothanical garden and only 10-15 min walk away to the center and shopping street. The main building with courtyard and bar has a nice atmosphere. There is a second building across the street. There is no elevator! Do not expect too much from the breakfast. In overall, it is a good choice for a short stay and well ok for that price.

I think you should just ask people to not hang out in the corridors. They can hang out and have fun downstairs, but it is impossible to sleep with people partying outside your room door :(

Don't expect much. In the room you will only find beds and one chair. There is no place to keep clothes and other stuff in the room. I doubt they change pillowcases after each guest. The water in the shower is freezing. The only good thing is that the price of breakfast is included.

Probably the worst hostel I've been in my life. The building is very old, the bathrooms are disgusting, but this is the good part. The staff wasn't very friendly and the room was so hot during the night I couldn't stop sweating.

It is good. but not that good. worth this cheap price. No hair dryer is a problem. Facilities are not very good

Its a really good hostel. The rooms are very basic but quite good. The breakfast is also really nice with Juice, Milk, Coffe, Tea, Cereals, Bred... So the price than is ok. You don't need to take the public transport. Just if u come by bus from Charleroi keep in mind that it is like a walk of 3 km. Or than you take the public transport .. i didn't :D

Thanks for your comment !

Very easy to get to which wad nice! Free breakfast was the best I've had on my trip !!! (Great coffee and they had granola,cheese, hot chocolate and so much more! ) our room wasn't actually in the building and we had to go down the street. Overall: clean, English translations were a little confusing, but a good place to stay in Brussels ! :)

Location a little far from the city center, but the included breakfast was a nice bonus.

• 8th Mar 2014

This hotel has nothing to do with Van Gough, he worked in the building for one year. There are no pictures of his anywhere. There is no atmosphere and nothing to do in this hotel. The bed mattresses were poor quality. Ok for one night. Good location. Boring hotel, you won't want to hang around!

Internet wifi is not properly working in the common area. The kitchen is small. No lockers inside the dorms. Not so hot water in shower room.

my stay was great, I met really good people, the staff is really friendly and helpfull. I cant complain.

Thanks for your friendly comment :)

I've been to better hostels than this one, but it isn't that bad anyway. Rooms don't have lockers, so you need to watch out your stuff. Bathrooms' heaters seem not to work and showers may not be hot, so it's a bit tough during winter. Breakfast is ok though, it doesn't have many options, but it's still convenient .

シャワーが使いづらい。