Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The staff was amazing, the breakfast was good, location is good and it was silent in the rooms. But that's it! Too bad Wifi didn't work properly on our floor, the shower is horrible too! It burned my skin with that boiling water and you have to keep pressing that button so many times, like... I already had to walk outside the doorm to get there (even the bathroom is outside) and I couldn't get a proper shower. The heating in the room wasn't working properly either. I don't know...

Very central. Of course, it is not a three stars hotel but for the price (with breakfast included) I could not ask for more. The staff was very nice! The bathrooms need to be clean more often.

Very good room. Good atmosphere and nice bar at the hostel. Very helpful staff.

My friend and I stayed at this hostel together and it was our first stop on our travels. The staff here was very nice and accommodating and the free breakfast in the morning helped us to save money. So we would both highly recommend staying at this hostel.

• 17th Jan 2016

The hostel is good it has all facilities just the downstair bar is good bit sometime it's very annoying but still I was happy and comfortable the staff is quite good and the location is excellent

Location, breakfast and atmosphere are very good! Security and Staff are ok. However, the wi-fi network and the showers were terrible. After many years staying in several Hostels around the world I've never seen showers like that before. The shower's location is absolutely terrible, because they are too far away from all bedrooms (people need to "across the Hostel" to get there), there is no space to keep clothes minimally dry and the water was cold, which is unacceptable.

loved it! had such a nice and pleasant stay there. facilities were excellent and staff were super friendly. location is good and easy to find. all in all if i am back in Brussels i know where i shall be staying.

(+) is not the best location, but its 15 mim to centre and less than 10 to North station (+) breakfast is very good, and works since 7:30 until 10:30, amazing. (-) the recepcionist when i arrived was sleeping and show how disgusting he was with my arrived and i had to wait until he wake up. was the worst welcome. (-) the shower was terrible,is winter and the bathroom was not warm and the shower doesnt be hot.

Excellent front of house/main desk staff but staff in breakfast area quite rude and abrupt . Seem to have no interest in their job.

• 8th Jan 2016

Great. The location is a bit far but nevertheless a good stay.

The hostel was ideally located and very good. I found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful. The rooms located on the opposite side of the road aren't very impressive though. They seem a little congested. The WiFi connection was poor inside the room. Although all in all it was a pretty good experience staying there.

Set your expectations low for the showers here! Other than that it's a pretty standard hostel, nothing special. The bar is definitely not pumping but it's an easy walk into the city centre.

Friendly guys, lovely room. Guy who checked us in gave us a map and advised of places we want to visit, Christmas markets and the best ways how to get there. fantastic

Hostel room flooded and soaked our bags.. had to wash and dry everything taking up our day of visiting Brussels. Would not recommend this hostel.

• 19th Dec 2015

I've stayed here before a few times, this time no longer any muesli at breakfast, otherwise fine

The music was on all the night round. When I go to a hostel is because I want to rest, not to dance. To reach the toilettes you have to go through a patio (luckily it was not raining). The staff was friendly, and the place is great if you have an early morning flight from Zaventem airport.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The hostel in general is good the problem is that the water is cold for take a shower and also the staff don't know anything about things to see...

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Unfortunatelly, the bathrooms were disgustingly dirty, some lights were not working. So I felt it was very expensive for what they have to offer. Everything was dirty!

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Hostel room was great, so much space for a 6bed dorm. The bar never seemed to be pumping. Even on a Friday and a Saturday night. Was just me and my roommate drinking at the bar for many hours, Friday and Saturday night.

The hostel itself was very nice and the staff was really friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the wifi did not work at all in our room- I had to stand in the entrance to the building to get it at all. We slept through breakfast so I can't comment on that. Our room was a three person private room and it was much larger and more charming than I expected. It is very close to a metro station and a short walk from the city center. Overall it was a great hostel experience!

• 5th Dec 2015