Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Really liked this hostel, had a cute bar right off of the lobby with decently priced alcohol. It was about 20 mins to walk from the hostel to the main plaza which isn't too bad. They offered really great maps of the city and had good coupons to offer as well. The only part about the hostel I didn't like was that there was not a bathroom in the room, but it would not keep me from going back, I enjoyed my stay here. If I go back I would stay there again!

• 20th Feb 2015

My room felt like a prison and my floor was super dark when I got there. Overall it served it's purpose for the one night I was there. I think the hostel matches the vibe of the city.

• 20th Feb 2015

You can have a nice stay there as long as your room mates are nice.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

A good hostel with everything need and helpful staff.

• 16th Feb 2015

The hostel was a very stereotypical hostel, which is great. However the staff was awful. Every time my friend or I asked a question about a place, or a quick route, or even a great place to get Belgian food the staff acted like it was a chore to help out and provide advice. Sometimes they didn't even answer the question even!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No electricity plug ins in the buildings.

The shower room needs a door to screen water. Also I couldn't control the volume and temperature of water. I had to push it all the time.

I really apreciated my stay at Youth Hostel Van Vogh! The hostel has a very welcoming ambient with snooker table and a bar where you can prove the belgium beers. The breakfast and the rooms were nice too and as far as I have searched, this is one of the cheapest hostel next to the city center. The only bad part is that the wifi signal doesn't reach the rooms so I needed to go to the public areas to use it. But I sure recommend this hostel :)

• 7th Feb 2015

Located very centrally in Brussels. However, the area is quite rough, which I did not realise until we arrived. The twin room was spacious and clean, but there are rubber sheets on the beds, which is quite offputting, and the walls were so thin we could literally hear every quiet conversation being had next door. The staff were friendly and the bar was atmospheric. Finally, the showers were freezing each time we used them, which made for quite a rude awakening! Basically, don't expect five star.

For the price and location, it was worth the money. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only the lobby which was a bit annoying but the bar in the lobby was awesome and the staff at the front desk were very helpful. The rooms were what you would expect of a hostel and the showers/bathrooms were fine too. Overall, I would stay there again. The location was an easy walk to the center of the city.

• 5th Feb 2015

One slightly odd feature of this hostel was that it had only 2 power outlets in a 10 bed dorm and these were positioned weirdly (one behind a metal bed post and another by the in-dorm sink) meaning nowhere to charge phones etc while also feeling secure. The staff were nice enough and the location was a short walk from the centre but facilities and price were not amazing. A basic, but fine, hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Really nice staff, nice hostal, nice breakfast.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Mexico

I think that this hostel is good for a one night stop but I wouldn't stay any longer as a solo traveller. The bar keep was a nice chap and good for a chat and recommending beers. Breakfast was ok but not the best.

Brussels is just not my place. The location is quite sketchy, at least for my taste. I was not to fond of the location, but Brussels is a bigger city so I should have taken that into consideration. Everyone is really nice, so that's a plus. The facilities are great too and you get wifi in your room, which I quite enjoy.

A bit dingy but it is a hostel so I don't typically expect a lot other than everything to work. And it did. Location is about 15 minute walk from the city center which isn't bad. Staff was friendly. Bar keep was good company, as I was more or less traveling alone. Did the free walking tour they have a pamphlet for at the front desk and that was brilliant. Decent spread for brekky. I would definitely come back because the service was great.

• 18th Jan 2015

loved it here. had good facilities had hot water for shower. the faculty was super nice and helpful!!!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Nicely located. But the daily lock out is kind of a hassle. Showers were not warm but overall this is a good bargain for Brussels and a good location. Also the bar is cheap and friendly.

Rooms are simple but ok. We really liked the bar and location. However often there was no warm water in the showers, which is not too much fun when you travel in winter.

• 31st Dec 2014

Negative points are: - It is far away from the center by foot. - A restoration for this building a must! - Improper sink at the room. Makes the room look like somewhere in the ghetto - There is no soap at all! - You have to push the button to turn on the light every 10 sec at the restroom. Genius! - High price for an old facility. You can hear the noises on the floor - Heater turned off automatically or by the stuff and you find yourself frozen in the morning - Holes in the sheet

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Really nice hostel, next to the subway station, staff really friendly and helpful, nice comoon area, bathrooms and rooms clean. Nice kitchen (could have a larger refrigerator).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5