Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

I stayed for one night, for €25 that was fine. I don't think I'd stay longer than 1 or 2 nights, and just to sleep as the atmosphere on the ground floor isn't much.

I really enjoyed my stay at Youth Hostel Van Gogh. The staff were very helpful and it was a great value for money. It is about a 20 minute walk from the Grand Place and other major attractions. There is a bar in the hostel which meant it could be kind of loud at night but it was a great way to meet people.

The Belgian Person at the reception spoke German to me, I thought that was very Kind of them.

• 26th Mar 2015

Very noisy. Bar open till 02:00a.m. Leaking noises from heater. I could ever hear the whisper next door. Couldn't sleep well!

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

It worked for the one night we were in the hostel but I wouldn't recommend it. I was in hostels all week and this was probably the worst. It wasn't that it had any major issues just didn't live up to the hostel norm I got used to.

Old hostel, old facility - bathroom are not very clean No wifi in rooms, Only ONE wall socket in a 8-person dorm... unbelievable... No bedside lamp for each person, it would be complete darkness at night if you had some interesting roommates who didn't allow you to turn on the light when it was just 9pm. I dun think it worth 22 euro for a night, will book another hostel for my next stay in Brussels.

The bar and breakfast areas were phenomenal!

you need to have more contacts in the rooms, is difficult if there are 6 beds and there are only 3 contacts.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The staff were polite and a bit friendly. Breakfast was a bit poor and there was a sign telling you the amount of breakfast you could get (??!!). The room that I've stayed had really old blankets and one of the two plugs required that the sink light was on to work (it bothered everyone in the room when someone tried to leave something to recharge by night). The entire hostel has the potential to be a really good one, but until now it's not. I really am not sure if I wouldn't go back there.

the staff is really great! the facilities are pretty old and the rooms and bathrooms not so clean.

Good hostel, but not for longer than 1 night.

This was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Mar 2015

I would say the location of the hostel isn't exactly ideal since it is about a 25 minute walk from the city centre, which makes it a little harder to return after a late night out when walking wouldn't be ideal late at night. I thought the man working the front desk was very nice, helpful, and accommodating when we had questions or needed something else. This hostel has a fun atmosphere with a bar and the place overall isn't too big. The wifi worked well. There should be soap in the bathrooms.

• 6th Mar 2015

I really like there. Good price and good value

My room was not in the main building, in the floor is was smelling like a toilet not cleaned a long time (but I have to say the toilet was clean). You get linen and thats all they do, there was no one in the room to clean it. In the room were only 2bunk beds and nothing else, no lockers... I liked the bar, it is nice. But its hard to meet other people, thats not the fault of the hostel, it seems like this is normal in Europe hostels.

The staff were very unwelcoming and unhelpful. I needed to continual approach them for help about the hostel and Brussels and all I got was very short answers and never with a smile. The toilets and showers were in separate places and unclean. The shower was cold to warm at best with no control of temperature. Not the most comfortable stay.

Beds arent comfortable, very noisy in the corridors at night. Hard to get a decent sleep!

I have room in second building (across the street, no. 13). It was a bit unpractical, as facilities (reception, kitchen, bar) are in first building, but on the other hand place was very quite. Wi-Fi signal was very poor at the room.

The hostel is nice and clean and only 3-4 tram stops from the center (15-20 minutes walk). The staff is friendly and helpful. The only problem: not enough padlocks for the lockers so some people have to leave their bags with valuable items in the receptionist's office. That complicates things baceause every time we need something from our bag we have to ask him to let us in. Moreover, so many guests have access to this room, that anything could happen... Otherwise it is a nice place!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Really liked this hostel, had a cute bar right off of the lobby with decently priced alcohol. It was about 20 mins to walk from the hostel to the main plaza which isn't too bad. They offered really great maps of the city and had good coupons to offer as well. The only part about the hostel I didn't like was that there was not a bathroom in the room, but it would not keep me from going back, I enjoyed my stay here. If I go back I would stay there again!

• 20th Feb 2015