Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Very Good 5882 Total Reviews
Very Good 5882 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2017
7.1

Well about the staff. Reception staff was really friendly and helpful. But the kitchen staff is rude and aggressive. On my last day one of them accused me of being disrespectful, because I chose an empty table half an hour before breakfast was ending. When I moved he still didn't stop complaining in a really aggressive way.

15th Aug 2017
2.0

In one word: TERRIBLE rooms! BE CAREFUL, before booking with them, confirm with them to give you a room on their MAIN building. They have added a "second building" WHICH IS NOT ADDRESSED HERE (as much as I saw) and it is TERRIBLE. They gave us the WORST blankets ever! Rooms where DARK and NOT clean. Bathrooms and shower were TOO DIRTY and NOT working well. Second building only had rooms and bathrooms/shower and wifi, nothing else, so to use any facility we needed to go back to "main building".

• Canada, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017
2.3

WiFi is really poor. There is hand soap in the bathroom. The staff didn't help that much. There is no locker in your room. It is at the reception. Everything is not in the same building. The bed are not comfortable compare to other youth hostel. You can find better than that place

• racheln2012978031
  • England, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

Great location, room was nice and clean, slightly annoying having the toilets between floors (building 13) and showers could do with shower curtains to stop water going everywhere. Overall a great hostel, would definitely stay again and recommend it

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
7.7

Good place to spend a few nights! Too bad that the toilets did not have soap on our floor, nor a sink in the same room. Lockers are only available in the reception building - I slept with my bag under the bed and my purse by my pillow. Since people in our room checked out on a different day then us, cleaners took our sheets by accident - the staff was happy to give us new ones though. Nice facilities by the reception to chill, good breakfast! All in all really good for the money you're paying.

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2017
4.3

The staff are not particularly helpful with anything, awful kitchen facilities - barely useable, terrible showers, and on the morning we were leaving our electronic key cards had been deactivated and we couldn't get in our room to our luggage for a while

• Australia, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
4.3

Worst staff IV ever dealt with! Never go back

7th Aug 2017

I booked a private double bed room and had a great experience. It's a 15 min walk from the center. The place was clean and had good facilities. They need to do something about the showers which have push button faucets and the water gets everywhere. Would definitely recommend it and would stay there again.

3rd Aug 2017
6.9

During my recent stay, renovations appeared to be underway so value for mohney may improve somewhat in future. Right now, I suspect there are better deals in Brussels. The 4-bunk room I stayed in was across the street from the main building and was spartan - no security lockers, bunk lights, shelving or table. Toilet and shower both (single) are down the hall. Everything else - facilities, food, staff, location, etc. was good..

28th Jul 2017

This is 15 min fast walk from city center and half an hour from EU-related things. Some of the walk here from the train stations made me feel a little uncomfortable, but the actual place is very nice. Staff was super helpful, breakfast was good, rooms were clean and not crammed. Bathrooms were also nice and clean which is always a place when traveling a lot!