Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The rooms are quite large and clean. I stayed in a bungalo type dorm, though, so there was no easy access to a toilet or a shower (all in a different building). Good location for site seeing, however it felt a little sketchy after dark. All in all it was definitely good value for money.

Absolutely loveley staff! Really friendly atmosphere with a nice bar. Felt extremely safe leaving our rucksacks in their lockers in the day! Showers and toilets basic but clean, close to metro station. Would definitely recommend!

• 17th Aug 2015

Good hostel and very cheap, showers and toilets dirty but great place to meet with other travellers. Staff very friendly and helpful

• 15th Aug 2015

It was just a cold, dark, dingie place. It was fine for one night but if I had to continue I would havhave checked out early

Had a nice stay there. The staff was really nice, the lobby is very cozy, and especially the bar enjoyable. I loved that you'll find not only tourists there but also locals. The rooms weren't that nice though. Very little amount of power sockets, lockers only on the ground floor and no elevator. Great place to meet people though!

I think could have a fun in all rooms

• 7th Aug 2015

We liked the backyard and the bar with the Belgian beer a lot, because it was nice to get to know other people staying at the hostel. We had a very good time there!

Never had such a horrible night. The hostel is quite far from the city centre. Not in a nice area. Rooms were next to the terrace so there was a lot of noise, squiky bed. At the middle of the night three girls came in screaming. One of them puked all over the room. They were screaming, fighting and talking out loud for an hour. The staff didn't react untill one girl tripped and begun screaming as loud as possible. We left as early as possible, without breakfast or showers. It looked dirty/cheap.

• 4th Aug 2015

We were lucky and got our own room. The breakfast was fine and the wifi too. The location is nice, super market around the corner.

Sheets clean, typical hostel beds, not many power sockets, lockers only close to reception. Restroom "so so", normal showers: fixed shower head, strong jet... hot water? Wait five minutes Personnel at the desk very kind, especially the french girl. Personnel for breakfast kind of bronx style (top tank, "clean-cut" ;)), breakfast decent a part from juice dispenser: yellow water dispenser mostly(!) 20 minutes to city centre People like playing Fast and Furious in the night though; bring ear plugs

The staff was really helpful and the rooms are confortable.

It's not terrible, but you have to climb up 3 floors by the stairs which is a drag. The breakfast is fine, they provide cheese and ham. Some of the people in the staff are not quite polite. One of them got really pissed off when i complained because i had payed to use one of the computers and it didn't work at all.

30 min from Brussels National Airport to the hostel by train and bus, directly to the hostel (bus stop infront of the hostel) 15min walking distance to the grand place,

• 31st Jul 2015

Good hostel. Staff was okay. They were stingy giving out maps, but they did end up giving me one. The rooms were kind of annoying, when you use your keycard there is a loud buzzing noise and wakes up the rest of the room.

My stay was short and the room was perfect, as were the breakfast and bathroom facilities. The staff were generally really friendly and helpful, my only complaint is that one of them did get a little short with me when I arrived because she at first struggled find my reservation number. Having travelled a long distance for a long time, I would have appreciated a little more understanding and a friendlier demeanour.

• 29th Jul 2015

Pretty fun hostel to stay at. Within walking distance from the center of the city, but also the metro is very close if you want to take it. Nice looking place. They gave me a map and said it was the best map for travelers, and they did not lie, it was incredibly helpful!

I had the best time on this Hostel. I definitely recommend! The Atmosphere is great, I met a lot of people and the bar its amazing (Its cheap and lots of variety) and the breakfast its really good! You can go walking to every place. I just took the subway to visit the Atomium.

The wifi signal in the premises was a nightmare. I struggled countless times to keep connected. The signal is restricted to the foyer, that means no internet connection in the bedrooms. Regarding the staff, only two people were friendly: the italian guy who stays at the reception during the night and another young belgian girl. The rest was absolutely unfriendly and, even worse, rude at times. The hostel is very average and, because of that, the prices should be much lower.

Nice bar and room. Good to have a kitchen!

Not the best hostel. About a thirty minute walk from the city center. Kitchen was filthy to the point where you didn't want to cook in it. Bar was nice and had good selection. Showers did not have hot water working, which was rough in the cold weather. If I were to go back to Brussels, I would search for another hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7