Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The staff was very pushy, especially in the mornin for checkout. It was 9:45 and a man barged into our room( of 2 girls) and reminded us that we were checking out and we already knew. Beds were uncomfortable. We asked for a mixed room of 6 and we were the only 2 in there so it was lonely. The bar downstairs is not a good enviornment, it's more of a solo drink than a place to hangout. Only thing I liked was the granola for breakfast. But this was the worat hostel I've stayed in.

Was a nice chilled out hostel. The only downside was that everyone was expected to leave their rooms between 11 and 3 for the staff to clean the rooms whether you were checking out that day or not. If I pay for a couple of nights then I expect to be able to utilize my room all day on the day I do not have to check out. it is find for cleaners to do their job, but surely they can work around you :) would rather that than have to make myself scarce for a couple of hours during the day.

We slept in the lobby although we choosed the arrival time. Why we choose the time while we can't get the room ? It was too bad.

The hostel itself was good, and the staff were great! However, the location was not good at all. It got very loud at night, and the other guests staying in the hostel were very rowdy throughout the night. The private room was nice and the bathrooms were alright. Not a bad stay overall, but wouldn't stay again if I had the choice.

It was lovely except for the walk from the main building to the other building at night. I feel if the street were better lit, we would have felt safer. The location was right next to a metro station though so it was safe in that regard. It was clean, good staff, and good map for free. Breakfast was ok, but not as good as advertised.

• 17th Oct 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I appreciated receiving maps and recommendations on things to do in the city. The cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms were below average but was well worth it for the price. This was a great place to stay in order to get to see Brussels. Only a short walk away from Grand Place and all the best spots in Brussels.

• 10th Oct 2014

Really nice hostel, breakfast was great and rooms were spacious. Staff were very nice and trilingual, kitchen was big and very well stocked with all cooking needs. Will be returning!

noise at night is disturbing me to sleep at night.... especially music from bar. I think it should be closed or reduce music volume after 22 and, shower booth,,,, no curtain or anything else. My new clothes always get wet.

Good place, close to everything but in a really quiet area. Kitchen and breakfast was good :)

There is one major disadvantage and it is that there are no lockers in the rooms and it's really unconvenient because you can't leave your stuff there but you have to bring everything to the other building. Or you should sleep with your handback in the bed to make sure nobody will take it and it's really not pleasant. The other thing is that the water in the shower stops too fast and you can't take a proper shower.

The Hostel was a really nice place. Staff very helful, they managed to put 5 of us in one room even though we made a reservation separetly. 20-minute walk from the city center. Breakfast included.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Poland

The wifi was not working very well and the showers were not very good. The breakfast was very good, the bed also, and the atmosphere and staff very friendly.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great hostel, in a great location. Staff happy to help with any questions and was able to leave by bike in a safe location.

The location is 20min walk from the central. 10min walk to near the Gare du Nord. The place is clean

The hostel's room and dorm areas left a bit to be desired; very bare-bones and weren't in the best condition (dimly-lit stairwells and hallways, chipped painted throughout). Internet was essentially unusuable while in our room. Breakfast was standard hostel fare, but at least it was included in hostel cost. Bed sheets we initially received had stains or minor holes in them. Hostel is about 15-20 minute walk from city center. I likely would not stay here on my next visit to Brussels.

Nice and characteristic hostel. The bar inside is very welcoming, the music and the atmosphere are excellent. It's expensive like all the other Brussels hostels, so this is not really an issue of this hostel. The breakfast is remarkable, many things to choose, the coffee is ok.

Sadly I didn't like Brussels at all. Almost got mugged as I walking back to the hostel at 7:30 at night with a friend. Breakfast was average but bed linens sucked. I think you could find better, but Brussels could be a day trip.

Bathroom is out in the courtyard.

I wanted more concents for 6 people. You can walk from North Station but you will walk through not good place, so be careful. Staffs were very nice.People staying there was also nice. Morning was poor. But I liked this hostel.

The staff were really fun and helpful all throughout my stay. The place was also really clean and the 6 bed girls dorm I was in was great! Breakfast was lovely and we definitely had enough to eat (would have liked some fruit though!) and overall this was a great hostel with easy access by tram to the city centre.

• 12th Sep 2014