Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Awesome place, clean and cozy, in a great location (close to Bruxelles Nord and Grand Place).

The whole building smelt very bad, bathrooms were not up to standard, was over priced even if it was last minute.

the hostel bar is awesome! really cheap drinks and it has a beer garden so thats good. rooms are very basic, kind of have a jail feel to them haha. brekkie was really nice and the staff were friendly. would stay here again

The location was really good, 20 min walk from the city center. And really easy to get to from the north station. Rooms and breakfast were basic just like most hostels. But the security is a joke- you can walk in off the street and be inside a bedroom in thirty seconds. But that being said I actually felt pretty safe though. I would stay here again. Pretty normal hostel with a good location.

Close enough to train station. In a sketchier part of town close to the red light district. Reception staff is nice, kitchen staff is a bit negligent. Place is old and could definitely use some renovating. Split between two buildings on either side of the street so you need to cross the road with your luggage in one hand and your sheets in the other; awkward. Breakfast is ok. Cleanliness is acceptable. No elevator.

Great place, but a bit far from the centre. The wi-fi worked well in the lobby and bar area. A washing machine was usable for a very small fee.

My favourite hostel. Nicest people working there. Quite a lovely atmosphere with the bar and the music and stuff. really easy to make friends.

The showers are so bad. No hot water No water at all.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Israel

The lady at the front desk was great. We were leaving early in the morning and had to get our flight tickets, laundry, and the such in order so I was running back and forth to the front desk with questions. She answered everything in perfect English (as I unfortunately don't speak French or Flemish) in a very friendly manner. The facilities were clean and the atmosphere was family friendly, calm, and enjoyable. I only wish we had had more time there.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Professional reception and service, nice staff. Okay beds, linen included. Kitchen was miserable with almost nothing being left after years of use/stealing. Breakfast okay, included, but too sweet/salty and prison-like. Nice stay after all and nice luggage keeping.

Average hostel, kind of noisy if you're in rooms 1-5 which open to a courtyard connected to a bar where the music is played until pretty late, around 1 am. They do have free locker- just for a depsosit that you get back. It's about a 10-15 min walk into the city centre so not super close. Breakfast was your average free breakfast fair. Overall I felt a bit overcharged for something not particularly good.

• 16th Jun 2015

Just an awesome experience. I love the age limit thing. It keps the atmosphere alive. Wifi worked great everywhere! The reception was extremely friendly. All in all I felt at home. Even the roomies were game for fun! Everything was clean and easy the use and fully secure. Wow!

I've found in several euro cities like Dusseldorf Berlin Warsaw or even Dublin, a quite bit expensive city, hostels at the same general good standard of qualities like Van Gogh, but at 12-15 euros per night, not 22 ....! Why Bruxelles are an expensive city, in hostels too?

Not that bad

People sleeping in our beds when we got there and were asked to just change the sheets and pillow cases ourselves... No hot water. And had to go across the street to get to room. Nice bar, decent breakfast. Fairly helpful staff

the hostel had a nice atmosphere, my grumble was the toilets and showers were quite smelly and the staff were not overly friendly or helpful. the location was ok but I felt a bit uncomfortable at night walking from one building to the other.

Probably the worst place I've stayed. The location is not too far from the city. Everything else ranged from bad to terrible. I'd recommend spending the extra money to stay in a nice place.

- Far away from the city center. But next to the underground. - Wifi wasn't good - The shower was the worst, it never get warm. - we stayed in different buildings - and we were very unhappy because we payed 23 euros.

The hostel is fine, just that!!! dont expect anything more... wi fi doesnt work in the upper floors and the guy at the reception is a complete idiot, disrespectfull and arrogant!! couldnt get his name if not I would publish it!!! At the end is just a place to sleep no more than that

Decent hostel... nothing spectacular by any means. Would try other hostels in Belgium before going back to this but would have no problems returning if it came down to it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5