Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

DO NOT STAY HERE. Split between 2 dodgy buildings in a dodgy area. Doors don't even close properly so no security, staff unhelpful, tiny rooms, gross bathrooms, cold showers, completely unsocial environment. Don't do it to yourself!

One of the staff members was very helpful, but that's the only good thing I have to say. The hostel is advertised as having wifi, but our room did not and the bar-area wifi was poor. Our blankets were dirty and covered with hair. The bathroom light did not work, I told a desk manager, and he did not fix it. Our door was VERY difficult to open, and one desk manager could not even open it himself. My friend got locked in the bathroom for several minutes once. Terrible experience.

• 24th Jul 2015

So great to stay here, very nice staff and a lot off facilities in the hostel.. I appreciated the free breakfast :)

Couldn't really complain about anything, the lockout between 11 and 3 was a bit of a pain but apart from that this is a decent hostel.

The rooms were like prison cells; not good for hanging out and meeting roommates. The rest of the hostel was nice though. The bar had cheap beer but didn't allow outside alcohol.

The kitchen might not get so dirty if there where shelves for all the dishes. They clean dishes get put on the counter next to all the dirty ones. So if they added a few more shelves, or even had some signs for places to put the dishes on the existing shelves, things might not get so bad in there.

This was a nice hostel. But it was a little strange. No one seemed all that sociable. That would really be my only complaint. I met a couple good people, but for the most part it seem most had no interest in socializing.

I had an amazing stay at this hostel, good staff great atmosphere and good facilities. The wifi didn't worked really well but that was a detail, everything was excellent. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

The hostel is a bit out of the inner city, twenty-five minute walk to the main station, but the next metro station is just around the corner. Stuff was very friendly and gave us info about the train strike. The bar is quite nice and the backyard is great to chill out and meet people. All in all not the cleanest place I stayed at, but not dirty or even disgusting at all! Funny thing is you can't change the temperature of the howers, but that was okay for me :D

We stayed here for two nights. It's pretty far away from the centre but like a 7 min walk away from the metro station that takes you to the atomium so that was cool. The atmosphere is great, the staff was ok. They got mad at us because we didn't know how to pay for the washing machines. There's no wifi in the bedrooms, only in the lobby. One night we had to wait like 3 hours for the wifi to work just because too many people were using it. The best thing about is the atmosphere.

Nice hostel - was easy to change check in time, staff were super friendly and helpful. Showers were fine if a little far away but what do you expect from a hostel.

Excellent hostel. Great people and very friendly, communal atmosphere. Would certainly recommend to anyone staying in Brussels. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• 14th Jul 2015

The hostel was pretty good, we had key cards to get into the building and then into the dorm but inside there were no lockers. The area is a bit noisey a night. The staff weren't super friendly but they were alright.

I had stayed in 12-15 different hostels so far but for the atmosphere that hostel was the best. It is 15 minutes walk to center and 10 to brussels noord station. Pros: free luggage room, free lock (6euros deposit that you take back), garden and bar creates a good environment, staff is helpful and kind, hostel is clean. Cons: kitchen utilities are not enough (if people to use clean on time they would be enough), not allowed to bring alcohol.

Nice bar downstairs so the place is really social. However my room was pretty unsecure. The windows could be opened from the outside and when I arrived other guests were leaving the door wide open. Otherwise, great value for money

Amazing atmosphere and a really good bar. Location is good as well, very close to central Brussels. Beds are comfy and staff is pleasant. A little pricey for a traveller on a budget but I would stay here again. Only complaint is the showers are not great. Good wifi too

Very nice place! The only problem is that the social space outdoors is located beside rooms, therefore there were people talking until 4 in the morning. also there is no check in time, so some people entered the dormatory during the night. Great beer! Supermarket close. Metro close.

The room is clean and the bed is comfotable. The only problem is there is too hot in summer. The window is so small and if leave for a whole day, when we come back we have to open the door and the window for a long time to make the room feel cooler.

Room 34. No wifi in room. Told by receptionist to "just use lobby wifi." Well, thanks. No elevator. Shower on 4th floor women's bathroom is by push button and it was only cool/warm for the first push. After that the water was often too hot to actually shower in. I'm talking scalding. The weather was so hot and there were no fans provided so a cool shower would have been nice. I have more to say about switching rooms, but not enough space to say it.

• 4th Jul 2015

Extremely close, walking distance, from North train station, which was convenient. Staff was friendly, I received recommendations and a free map as well. You receive your moneys worth. Showers could be cleaner.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7