Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

We were there only a night, so I really don't know much about the hostel. but for what I see If I go back to brussells I would got there again

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

It was good. There is breakfast and nice internet. Beds were nice.

I booked dorm rooms for me and my boyfriend because they were cheap. The beds felt sturdy and comfortable enough, the sink had hot water so you could clean clothes for free. The included breakfast was really good. The bedroom was tightly packed though, without an opening window. There was no shower facilities and the bar was too close to the room. A good place to stay if you're a heavy sleeper or want to spend lots of time at the bar.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Over good stay. Belgium is a chill and very friendly country. People at the hostel and around the area were very friendly.

• 15th Jul 2014

Around15 minutes walking to the center, but that's quite ok for Brussels. I was not in the main building so I felt a little bit isolated, however the hostel is pretty nice.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Peru

It was a good hostel for the price. Everything was considerably clean and all the staff (but one) was very welcoming and helpful! They even had a very helpful free map/guide that my friend and I used the entire trip. Location is not bad, it is relatively close to the city and very close to the nearest Metro station. Just be careful if you are coming from the North Train Station as the red light district is right next to it (we accidentally walked through it on our way to the hostel).

• 11th Jul 2014

The staff was very helpful in answering any questions we had about the stay and/or the city. During our stay, we encountered a problem with our bathroom ventilation. If we turned on the light (and ventilation) in our bathroom, it would pop after a couple of minutes and the light would go out in the entire Van Gogh area. When we confronted them with the problem, they were extremely helpful in taking care of the problem, even offering us a new room as well as giving us a lamp for light in there.

Very charming hostel with friendly people, excellent beer and a pleasant laidback atmosphere. Very good value for the money.

Everything was awesome except the rooms

A special thanks goes to the CHAB staff! :) Always helpful and friendly, they stored my luggage safely after my check-out and also provided me with a bilingual payment receipt I needed for accounting reasons. Other perks: fast wifi, fully equipped kitchen and a supermarket (Carrefour) next door. I would definitely recommend the Youth Hostel Van Gogh and visit you again soon!

• 6th Jul 2014

Friendly hostel with a nice common room. Rooms were what you'd expect. Lockers are downstairs. Staff were helpful.

• 5th Jul 2014

Fine if you just want to sleep and rooms across the road were quiet which was nice. Staff weren't particularly friendly at all and there wasn't really a social atmosphere, even at the bar on a Saturday night - although the barman played cool music.

• 5th Jul 2014

Average. Generally a good stay.

We loved our stay at the van gogh really friendly, great atmosphere, awesome bar and bar staff, with laods of Belgiun beers at a real cheap price highly recommend! !

There was wifi in my room which was good considering I was in a building down the street from the main hostel. Good vibes at night, I met some great people here. Really close to the metro and the directions the hostel gave were easy to fallow. Room was clean. My only complaints would be getting kicked out of the rooms from 11-3 everyday (it was raining the whole time I was there) and the fact that the showers only had COLD water. Otherwise, fun place!

In my observation over a night stay things looked pretty decent.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • India

The location of the hostel was really great: just around the corner from La Botanique & a twenty minute walk from Grand Place. It was also a close walk to Bruxelles-Noord and Bruxelles-Centraal. The day staff was really great and friendly, even after having a lot of trouble with my key cards. The night staff was a little less enthusiastic. The bar has a great selection of beers,but unlike most other bars, it closes at 12am. The facilities are communal, but cleanliness was lacking.

The staff were absolutely amazing! The best I had my entire trip backpacking through Europe. Seriously chill and super open minded folks - thanks guys :) you rock it

• 26th Jun 2014

Great place, extremely helpful staff - facilities were pleasant

Most of the staff were amazing and very helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6