Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The only problem that I had it was the location of my room (#5). It was next to the bar and commun area and of course i had problems to sleep until 1 am because of the noise. I think the people should be stay inside of the bar and they can let us to rest well.

Nice hostel because of its atmosphere, but bathrooms were the most disgusting places ever!!!!!

• 26th Jul 2014

I only stayed here one night but from what I can judge it's a pretty average hostel. Not the greatest location although the city centre is still walking distance. There were no lockers in the rooms, wifi very rarely worked, the staff weren't very helpful and the overall atmosphere was pretty dull. It was a good place to stay for 1 night because it is located close to the train station with a nice breakfast included but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer.

Nice hostel! Big common space, quite clean and not too far from the center. Breakfast included, and the staff was helpful!

This hostel wasn't in the best of areas. The kitchen was very gross and the fridge was a bar fridge so forget about keeping anything in it. The showers were disgusting and place in general was unclean. Since we spoke English we felt like out casts and very un welcomed so would not stay here again.

Dorm room was hot with no fan and a window that barely opened. Key cards for doors continually needed to be reset. Bathrooms/showers were small and worn down, but there were plenty per floor. Wifi worked decently. Free breakfast was cereal, toast with ham and cheese, and coffee/tea/juice. Hostel had a decent bar, the option to order food from on-sight cook, and a pool table. Nothing too special, but a decent place and I would stay there again.

Showers were awful - water was cold and didn't last and were dirty. Staff were quite rude and unhelpful a couple of times (others were great). I had one staff member give me incorrect information regarding buses and trains which ended up with me getting lost and spending more money than I needed to. Wifi rarely working also was a little frustrating. Otherwise a fairly pleasant stay.

You'll get everything you need in a hostel, bed, bedding it's totally average. It's not exactly in the middle of downtown, but ten again Brussels is quite small so it works. Nothing is really that secure in this place, lock boxes are wooden cubbies partially off their hinges, while the door to the room is usually unlocked. No security facilitates in room, something most other hostels had. Breakfast is real bad (worst cereal I've ever had).

• 22nd Jul 2014

Warm showers, clean rooms, awesome staff, awesome music in the lobby. Stayed in room 34 (4 room female dorm) and it was perfect! The showers and bathroom were just across the hall. Included a hearty breakfast! Would recommend and definitely come back. The lobby was extremely hot (in July) and it's like a 20 minute walk to the Cathedral and other touristy parts.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

This is the dirtiest place I've ever stayed in. The kitchen was horrific, and lacked enough pots, cutlery and cups. The fridge was full of old mouldy things that people had left long ago and there was no room for our stuff even if we had wanted to put it in there. The showers were just as bad. No shower head so it was like I was being sprayed with a bacteria ridden hose. Wifi was temprimental and didn't work in our room. So over priced don't stay here!

The shower is not so good and there aren't any lockers in the rooms. But the staff is very friendly and helpul. The atmosfere is very good.

Average hostel, location was abit out of town in the bronks but not a far walk into the beautiful city. Great place to meet people and make friends.

Hostel was ok. Had everything you need but nothing more. Basic kitchen facilities and wifi didn't work in the room which was annoying. I felt the staff were very unapproachable. I booked out after one night and went elsewhere.

We were there only a night, so I really don't know much about the hostel. but for what I see If I go back to brussells I would got there again

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Very unhelpful when trying to find somewhere to go or eat. We were in trouble and needed to use a phone, the staff refused to let us use one

• 18th Jul 2014

We met some amazing people and had a great time in Brussels. We'll be back!

• 18th Jul 2014

It was good. There is breakfast and nice internet. Beds were nice.

I booked dorm rooms for me and my boyfriend because they were cheap. The beds felt sturdy and comfortable enough, the sink had hot water so you could clean clothes for free. The included breakfast was really good. The bedroom was tightly packed though, without an opening window. There was no shower facilities and the bar was too close to the room. A good place to stay if you're a heavy sleeper or want to spend lots of time at the bar.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hello! Thanks for your comment! For the dorm rooms we do have showers facilities, in the basement, the access is in the veranda next to the pool table. Kind regards, Virginie

Over good stay. Belgium is a chill and very friendly country. People at the hostel and around the area were very friendly.

• 15th Jul 2014

This is a great hostel! Staff was friendly, rooms and facilities were great, they have a nice locker room to keep your stuff securely, and the bar is awesome. So many great beers, and a friendly bartender with good recommendations. It's a little far from the city center, but not too bad (10 min walk) and is right next to the lovely Jardin Botanique. They also have a lot of great maps and resources for the city. I really enjoyed my stay here. I would definitely stay here again.