Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

I did not like the hostel. I stayed on two different rooms. The first one was really bad, the room was not in good conditions, the second room was nice. However, both room have the same problem, only two plugs for dorm of 10 or 8. The shower is very old. They charge you for uding the computers and they even work well, they have really old computers. And they aldo charge for printing 50 cent per page, which is a lot. If you do not mind all the above it is a fun place and free breakfast

Everything about this hostel was wonderful with one exception. The showers were annoying because you have to keep pressing a button to keep the water going.

It is an option to consider only if you need to sleep one night, and really don't care about anything else. The facilities were very basic, not special at all. Free wifi access was only at common room which was far away from room (different building, you have to cross the street). Expensive. Bad quality of room's door knob, it was broken!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

I really liked my stay at the hostel! The atmosphere is excelent! You can feel it as soon as you arrive. The staff members were very nice and helped me every time I needed. The bathrooms were clean, I didn't have any problems. I would stay again at the Chab!!!

• 4th Apr 2015

This was one of the worst hostels I've stayed in during my time interrailing. The room was cold and the sheets we were given had holes in them. Our room wasn't ready on time even though we still had to make our own beds and there was no soap in the bathrooms. This wouldn't have been such an issue if the price actually matched the value we received. Definitely overpaid.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I stayed here 2 years ago and found it to be my Cheapest option for a quick stopover in Brussels this time around, too. Last time, though, I was in the other building. This time in the main building. More convenient, right?? So wrong. With a door that doesn't open half the time and having to go outside in order to go to the bathroom and then outside and inside and up some stairs to take a (cold) shower, we felt pretty neglected. Breakfast is not very good...corn flakes, sandwich bread, coffee...

The hostel was great! Things I liked included the breakfast (really good hot chocolate), the location was surprisingly close to the center of Belgium, and I felt very safe. One thing I would have like was that the showers didn't smell, but they were really clean (and the showers were hot, so that's a plus).i would definitely recommend this hostel. Also they have big and small lockers that you can lock your stuff in for free!

• 28th Mar 2015

I stayed for one night, for €25 that was fine. I don't think I'd stay longer than 1 or 2 nights, and just to sleep as the atmosphere on the ground floor isn't much.

I really enjoyed my stay at Youth Hostel Van Gogh. The staff were very helpful and it was a great value for money. It is about a 20 minute walk from the Grand Place and other major attractions. There is a bar in the hostel which meant it could be kind of loud at night but it was a great way to meet people.

The location is good and the balcony is lovely. But the shower water is not hot.

WIFI in all building, but 2 different networks. Only 1 toilet and 2 showers for mens in the 3rd floor with many rooms in each floor. The price was expensive, but was the better relation quality-price when I booked. Free basic breakfast included. Some employers speak Spanish. 3 plug socket on the room for 6 persons, with a sink and mirror in the room. Staff helpful and nice. Sometimes there are concerts and parties in the bar. You have to make your bed and remove bed linen on checkout.

Very accommodating staff. They gave me an upgraded room at no extra charge because I was on crutches. Rooms are simple but clean. Standard breakfast. Location is fine, connected well enough by bus. Would stay again.

The Belgian Person at the reception spoke German to me, I thought that was very Kind of them.

Very noisy. Bar open till 02:00a.m. Leaking noises from heater. I could ever hear the whisper next door. Couldn't sleep well!

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Location is good, staff is friendly. Wifi available only in common area. To female travellers, be careful when using the public shower. Security need to be enhanced. I can hear the noise from the pub in my room. The leak noise from radiator is annoying.

It worked for the one night we were in the hostel but I wouldn't recommend it. I was in hostels all week and this was probably the worst. It wasn't that it had any major issues just didn't live up to the hostel norm I got used to.

Old hostel, old facility - bathroom are not very clean No wifi in rooms, Only ONE wall socket in a 8-person dorm... unbelievable... No bedside lamp for each person, it would be complete darkness at night if you had some interesting roommates who didn't allow you to turn on the light when it was just 9pm. I dun think it worth 22 euro for a night, will book another hostel for my next stay in Brussels.

Everything was okay except the toilet and shower room. I like the receptionist most. He was very kind and nice.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The bar and breakfast areas were phenomenal!

you need to have more contacts in the rooms, is difficult if there are 6 beds and there are only 3 contacts.

• 19th Mar 2015