Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The hostel itself was very nice and the staff was really friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the wifi did not work at all in our room- I had to stand in the entrance to the building to get it at all. We slept through breakfast so I can't comment on that. Our room was a three person private room and it was much larger and more charming than I expected. It is very close to a metro station and a short walk from the city center. Overall it was a great hostel experience!

• 5th Dec 2015

The water was so cold in the shower Wifi didn't even work really. Other than that, it was great.

• 4th Dec 2015

I have truly enjoyed my short stay at Van Gogh Youth Hostel, the staff was incredibly helpful and super friendly. People in my dorm were respectful in coming in and out during the night without making any unnecessary noises. Breakfast was more than average, coffee made my day and I was able to leave my luggage after check out to visit a bit more.

The room was quite dirty, smelled funky. The staff pretty uninterested. The breakfast was just awful, with bread so old that even toasting it didn't make it much better.

i was very satisfied from service, friendship of staff, near to station and city center and all you need yuo'll be able to get so easy for a very cheap cost. Thanks to staff, I'll back again, till very soon next time :)

Stayed in a four-bed all-girls dorm. The staff was great and accommodating to my needs for when I needed to check in/check out--highly recommend e-mailing them as they will work with you and be very friendly. Everything was clean, heating/air conditioning was excellent, showers had plenty of hot water. The area I stayed in was quiet, the other residents were respectful, and I had a great night's sleep. Complimentary breakfast too! Your standard coffee, meat, bread, cereal--simple and good.

None of the toilets had any soap. I checked each toilet on each floor, hoping to clean my hands. But there was no soap. I'm not sure why, it's nice to be able to wash your hands after going to the toilet. If it wasn't for that, the rating would be pretty good.

Lovely staff were very helpful esp. with laundry & directions. Good 24 hr check in. Separate buildings are not the greatest when the only lockers are in 1 building and you're staying in another. Lockers under the beds would be great. Good to have wifi in both buildings. Breakfast included was basic but filling - bread & cheese/ spreads & cereal. No group activities make it hard for a good atmosphere & buildings are old and could do with some tender loving care.

Please install shower curtains! Otherwise the facilities are decent. Staff is great, sheets and stuff clean.

Everything was efficient, well organized, and clean. My only complaint is that I wish that the free breakfast would've included some healthier options

Showers were a little cold

The hostel was very close to the metro and relatively easy to find. The reception and our room were in different buildings, but that was just a minor inconvenience. We were not trying to meet people in the common areas, but there was a small opportunity to do so with a bar and pool table in the main building. We were there in the off season, so there was not much going on. Overall, the hostel was nice and served its purpose, I would stay here again.

Ay first i booked online and i knew that the amount that will be deducted from my credit card will be 44€ however when i arrived the poor reception told me that there are extra 10€ for somethings and he tried to explain but i didn't understand. I needed to pass the street to go from the reception to the accommodating building also in the breakfast you still need to pass. Showers weren't that good but acceptable. When i was i can hear happening outside , i mean walking and and showering.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Egypt

Clean cozy hostel with friendly staff. And Brussels is unforgetable!

• 12th Nov 2015

Day staff welcoming; night staff was unhelpful and did not care for guests.

• 12th Nov 2015

The hostel is in a sketchy part of town. The staff is ok, but it's not cool when there's a party going on in the hostel with blasting music until 3 in the morning and the staff is outside drinking and smoking so you can't ask a question. Stay here if you want to party, not if you want to sleep

• 7th Nov 2015

Just what you expect from a youth hostel, except that the restrooms are scarce and shower room far.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Good hostel, friendly staff, clean and has a good breakfast!

There is a bar and a backyard in the hostel, so you can drink Belgian beers and smoke at the backyard. It is close to the city center and staff is helpful and cheerful. The main entrance is always open, this means you can bring your friends to the hostel and hang out at the backyard.

Nice hostel, close enough to north train station and city centre. Everything was OK, besides the fact that in my room cold water was not available so it was pretty complicated to have a shower. Anyway I would recommend this hostel.