Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The bar and breakfast areas were phenomenal!

you need to have more contacts in the rooms, is difficult if there are 6 beds and there are only 3 contacts.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

the toilets and bathrooms at the main buildings were really too dirty!! the good point is the included breakfast, but again, 25euros for a night is too much for the hostel quality in general!!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Greece

The hostel have a great bar. You can taste several different kinds of beer. The hostel is near of public transport to reach the main spots of cities. We picked a private room. It's nice. Great for group of 3 persons.

The staff were polite and a bit friendly. Breakfast was a bit poor and there was a sign telling you the amount of breakfast you could get (??!!). The room that I've stayed had really old blankets and one of the two plugs required that the sink light was on to work (it bothered everyone in the room when someone tried to leave something to recharge by night). The entire hostel has the potential to be a really good one, but until now it's not. I really am not sure if I wouldn't go back there.

Cons: Our room wasn't in the main building so we didn't have wifi in our room. The room was too cold, the heating system stopped in the middle of the night and there wasn't enough blankets. The bathroom was really old. Pros: The breakfast is good and the staff is really nice.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

the staff is really great! the facilities are pretty old and the rooms and bathrooms not so clean.

Good hostel, but not for longer than 1 night.

This was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Mar 2015

I would say the location of the hostel isn't exactly ideal since it is about a 25 minute walk from the city centre, which makes it a little harder to return after a late night out when walking wouldn't be ideal late at night. I thought the man working the front desk was very nice, helpful, and accommodating when we had questions or needed something else. This hostel has a fun atmosphere with a bar and the place overall isn't too big. The wifi worked well. There should be soap in the bathrooms.

• 6th Mar 2015

I really like there. Good price and good value

My room was not in the main building, in the floor is was smelling like a toilet not cleaned a long time (but I have to say the toilet was clean). You get linen and thats all they do, there was no one in the room to clean it. In the room were only 2bunk beds and nothing else, no lockers... I liked the bar, it is nice. But its hard to meet other people, thats not the fault of the hostel, it seems like this is normal in Europe hostels.

The staff were very unwelcoming and unhelpful. I needed to continual approach them for help about the hostel and Brussels and all I got was very short answers and never with a smile. The toilets and showers were in separate places and unclean. The shower was cold to warm at best with no control of temperature. Not the most comfortable stay.

Beds arent comfortable, very noisy in the corridors at night. Hard to get a decent sleep!

I have room in second building (across the street, no. 13). It was a bit unpractical, as facilities (reception, kitchen, bar) are in first building, but on the other hand place was very quite. Wi-Fi signal was very poor at the room.

The hostel is nice and clean and only 3-4 tram stops from the center (15-20 minutes walk). The staff is friendly and helpful. The only problem: not enough padlocks for the lockers so some people have to leave their bags with valuable items in the receptionist's office. That complicates things baceause every time we need something from our bag we have to ask him to let us in. Moreover, so many guests have access to this room, that anything could happen... Otherwise it is a nice place!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Really liked this hostel, had a cute bar right off of the lobby with decently priced alcohol. It was about 20 mins to walk from the hostel to the main plaza which isn't too bad. They offered really great maps of the city and had good coupons to offer as well. The only part about the hostel I didn't like was that there was not a bathroom in the room, but it would not keep me from going back, I enjoyed my stay here. If I go back I would stay there again!

• 20th Feb 2015

My room felt like a prison and my floor was super dark when I got there. Overall it served it's purpose for the one night I was there. I think the hostel matches the vibe of the city.

• 20th Feb 2015

You can have a nice stay there as long as your room mates are nice.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

A good hostel with everything need and helpful staff.

• 16th Feb 2015