Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

I had a nice stay at the hostel and no problems prolonging my stay by a night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Some signs for the way to the shower would be helpful as I had some problems finding them the first time :)

Thanks for your comment, we're currrently building signpost for the showers :) Danke

The bathrooms are so poor, on the showers, the water is so hot, you can not control the temperature, everything so ugly. The beds are not good too. There are no lockers inside the rooms and every day you have to do a kind of check out, you have to let your room at 11h and just come back at 15h. The price is so expensive for these structure of hostel. The luggage room is so dirty and a lot of lockers are broken. Definitely I didn't liked this hostel.

Nice bar with good beers

Excellent facilities and very friendly staff.

I had been there only 1 night. I tried to go there from north train station and ı succeed. But when you go out from train station everywhere smells pie and when ı went there around 7 pm and there was lots of homeless and it was scarry. If u ask someone how to go it shows u the way friendly but must be careful who u ask. And if u are from Turkey, place is perfect for u because hostels district is Turkish district. Btw you should try to find CHAB not van gogh youth hostel ;)

A good hostel for the cost. I really like the bar, with great deals on a great selection of Belgian beers. It did help since there wasn't many close places to go at night that were close to the hostel. Otherwise good location close to the train station. We had a lot of little kids staying there for some kind of field trip, which made it a little loud in the morning. But the atmosphere was nice. The breakfast was also not so great but that was expected. Overall, clean, secure, and I recommend.

Nice hostel, really good breakfast, helpful staff and friendly common area!

quite nice hostel.....reasonable price with good service

Overall an OK hostel. The biggest downside was location as it was in a sketchy neighborhood and over 15 minutes from Grand Place. Looking back I would have rather spent a couple extra dollars per night and stayed near the center of town...

The Staff were so lovely and helpful, gave me free printing! The location is a little set off, but it's really not that bad of a walk. A nice breakfast is included and i found the rooms and common areas to be very tidy and clean, with nice thick, starchy sheets. The washroom facilities were fine, the push button for showering was a bit of a nuisance but not horrible. A kettle in the kitchen would have been nice. Overall, recommend it!

We were expecting a better breakfast in the morning but it had very less choices.

• 30th May 2014
  • India

Locker room is in rough shape, requires you to have your own lock (you can rent one for 6 euros from the desk), and half of the lockers are broken. You have to buzz in to get access to the room, but judging by the state of the lockers it cant be very secure.

• 29th May 2014

Was a good stay, the showers are outside the room but they were properly clean. Maybe on point to improve is the included breakfast, is good but a lot of sugar. Good atmosphere for having a beer after a long walk looking the city

pretty nice place

We had a pleasant stay here. The room was small but clean. The bar downstairs had a nice atmosphere and it's only a 15 walk to the grand place! The only downside for us was that the street outside is quite loud at night if the window was open. Id stay here again!

I think for that money you can find better hostels. Room, especially the showers are not very clean. It is located in the center of Brussels, which is a big advantage!

the locker room could be improved and desk service could be more effecient

Staff is helpfull and nice and actually the check in building is not far at all as I read in other reviews, breakfast is complete. Rooms on the other hand could be much more confortable, blankets seemed dirty and sheets well... There is not even soap in the badroom. This hostel would be apropiated if it was cheaper, then I wouldn't have better expectations. Locker room is awful, I felt like in an abandoned school.

Had a great stay. Would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Brugge

Helpful staff, very clean and breakfast was good too. There was a group of annoying kids though. Experience was great.